• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1]

Resource Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] v1.2

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Hello Lucidious,
I got this error....
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
[2024-02-02 09:03:20 +0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
BattleAnimationPlayer:509:in `-'
BattleAnimationPlayer:509:in `block in playTiming'
BattleAnimationPlayer:475:in `each'
BattleAnimationPlayer:475:in `playTiming'
BattleAnimationPlayer:842:in `update'
Scene_PlayAnimations:548:in `block in pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `loop'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:501:in `block in pbAnimation'
Scene_PlayAnimations:399:in `pbSaveShadows'[\code]

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello Lucidious,
I got this error....
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
[2024-02-02 09:03:20 +0700]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
BattleAnimationPlayer:509:in `-'
BattleAnimationPlayer:509:in `block in playTiming'
BattleAnimationPlayer:475:in `each'
BattleAnimationPlayer:475:in `playTiming'
BattleAnimationPlayer:842:in `update'
Scene_PlayAnimations:548:in `block in pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `loop'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:501:in `block in pbAnimation'
Scene_PlayAnimations:399:in `pbSaveShadows'[\code]
Does this have anything to do with this plugin? Nothing related to it is even mentioned in the error log. This just seems like a move animation error.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Does this have anything to do with this plugin? Nothing related to it is even mentioned in the error log. This just seems like a move animation error.
For the animation move, I'm using a Gen 8 Move projects..

Lucidious89

Champion
For the animation move, I'm using a Gen 8 Move projects..
Im just not sure why you're posting this error here if its a move animation issue and not related to this plugin.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Eh ..sorry for that..
I don't know if that error cause by Gen 8 move animation project,
I think this error from the plugin..
I'll double check on my project and test it again in vanilla version..

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.4 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause the moves Sketch and Mimic to cause errors.
  • Added some missing Gen 9 effects to the PBEffect hash.
  • Made it so that the AI for wild Pokemon is improved when using a battle rule for certain wild battle modes (wild Mega Pokemon, wild Tera Pokemon, etc.)
  • Tweaked the opponent slide sprite animation so that the Pokemon's shadow sprite fades in if they slide in from the top of the screen.
  • Tweaked the wording of certain debug menu text.
  • Made...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
A minor problem I face. The mega mark should be above the HP bar.

屏幕截图 2024-02-08 104148.png

not josh

Rookie
Hey, I've been trying to follow the DBK tutorial to create mid battle dialogue, but for whatever reason, I keep getting this error every time the dialogue tries to play:

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:108:in `pbUpdateSpeakerWindows'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:129:in `pbShowSpeakerWindows'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:191:in `pbStartSpeech'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:241:in `block in pbProcessText'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:214:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:214:in `each_with_index'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:214:in `pbProcessText'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [002] Midbattle Triggers.rb:171:in `block in <main>'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [002] Midbattle Triggers.rb:28:in `trigger'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:187:in `block (2 levels) in pbMidbattleScripting'

I have a couple UI scripts and a sprite pack also installed, but from what I can figure it shouldn't be causing this. Thanks in advance!

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey, I've been trying to follow the DBK tutorial to create mid battle dialogue, but for whatever reason, I keep getting this error every time the dialogue tries to play:

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:108:in `pbUpdateSpeakerWindows'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:129:in `pbShowSpeakerWindows'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:191:in `pbStartSpeech'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:241:in `block in pbProcessText'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:214:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:214:in `each_with_index'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Midbattle Animations.rb:214:in `pbProcessText'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [002] Midbattle Triggers.rb:171:in `block in <main>'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [002] Midbattle Triggers.rb:28:in `trigger'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:187:in `block (2 levels) in pbMidbattleScripting'

I have a couple UI scripts and a sprite pack also installed, but from what I can figure it shouldn't be causing this. Thanks in advance!
It seems like your UI scripts are causing this, because the only way this error could be possible is if the speaker's name windowbox doesn't exist. And the only way the speaker's name windowbox wouldn't exist is if someone else's code is overwriting def pbInitSprites, and thus totally erasing my code.

not josh

Rookie
It seems like your UI scripts are causing this, because the only way this error could be possible is if the speaker's name windowbox doesn't exist. And the only way the speaker's name windowbox wouldn't exist is if someone else's code is overwriting def pbInitSprites, and thus totally erasing my code.
Arg, okay, yeah I removed the battle UI plugin and re-installed DBK and it works perfectly now. Thanks for the help!

TheDizzy1

Novice
I’m new to all this so I’m sorry if my question isn’t relevant, but does this plugin support animated sprites?

Lucidious89

Champion
I’m new to all this so I’m sorry if my question isn’t relevant, but does this plugin support animated sprites?
Depends on what you mean by "support."

If you're asking "does this plugin add animated sprite functionality," then no. If you're asking "does this plugin work together with animated sprites I've added," then yes, it should.

llk

Novice
Hello Lucidious89,when I encountered Pokémon in Safari, I encountered the following error.
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Message: undefined method `wildBattleMode' for #<SafariBattle>

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Deluxe Battle Rules.rb:113:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [004] Deluxe Additions.rb:150:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [007] Z-Move Mechanics.rb:75:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [009] Ultra Burst Mechanics.rb:65:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] SOS Battles] [003] Deluxe Additions.rb:32:in `prepare_battle'
001_SafariZone.rb:129:in `pbSafariBattle'
001_SafariZone.rb:114:in `block (2 levels) in load_scripts_from_folder'
005_Event_Handlers.rb:89:in `block in trigger'
005_Event_Handlers.rb:89:in `each_value'
005_Event_Handlers.rb:89:in `trigger'

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello Lucidious89,when I encountered Pokémon in Safari, I encountered the following error.
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Message: undefined method `wildBattleMode' for #<SafariBattle>

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Deluxe Battle Rules.rb:113:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] Terastallization] [004] Deluxe Additions.rb:150:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [007] Z-Move Mechanics.rb:75:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [009] Ultra Burst Mechanics.rb:65:in `prepare_battle'
[[DBK] SOS Battles] [003] Deluxe Additions.rb:32:in `prepare_battle'
001_SafariZone.rb:129:in `pbSafariBattle'
001_SafariZone.rb:114:in `block (2 levels) in load_scripts_from_folder'
005_Event_Handlers.rb:89:in `block in trigger'
005_Event_Handlers.rb:89:in `each_value'
005_Event_Handlers.rb:89:in `trigger'
The Safari Zone will never not be annoying lol.

Abogadouuu

Rookie
Hello Lucidious,I have a problem with the plugin. When I try to register my pokemon on the hall of fame all the moves of the pokemon on my party dissapears. They just have 4 empty slots. I tried to download a clean essentials with only the hotfix v21.1 and the plugin and the problem still occurs (also when i remove the plugin,the moves doesn't dissapears). Idk what makes this bug occur because it doesn't throw any error or nothing so i can't know how to fix it,the only thing i know is that it happens when i call the script pbHallOfFameEntry

Last edited:

Aguadiablo

Novice
Hi, in an auto-battle is it possible to skip the choice of using the next Pokemon when a Pokemon is knocked out? For it to be chosen automatically? It seems a little strange for a battle scene to occur but then a player to be asked if they want to use the next Pokémon

Additionally, the "tempPlayer" battle rule does not seem to work. The "tempParty" rule works fine. I have been able to set the party up with a Pokémon object. I have also made it possible for the trainer to catch the Pokémon in a "alwaysCapture" "tutorialCapture" but can't change trainer name or outfit.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello Lucidious,I have a problem with the plugin. When I try to register my pokemon on the hall of fame all the moves of the pokemon on my party dissapears. They just have 4 empty slots. I tried to download a clean essentials with only the hotfix v21.1 and the plugin and the problem still occurs (also when i remove the plugin,the moves doesn't dissapears). Idk what makes this bug occur because it doesn't throw any error or nothing so i can't know how to fix it,the only thing i know is that it happens when i call the script pbHallOfFameEntry
What an obscure find. I see why, though. It's because the way I overwrote the methods for setting a Pokemon's moves (to be used by the "editWildPokemon" rule) doesn't take into account situations where the player's Pokemon might be cloned to store them for other things (such as the Hall of Fame). So when it tries to store your party for the hall of fame, it clears all their moves in the same way this method would work for wild Pokemon to edit their movesets.

Easy fix though, I'll add that to my notes.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi, in an auto-battle is it possible to skip the choice of using the next Pokemon when a Pokemon is knocked out? For it to be chosen automatically? It seems a little strange for a battle scene to occur but then a player to be asked if they want to use the next Pokémon
Just change the battle style to Set mode for that battle. There's a vanilla battle rule for that.

Additionally, the "tempPlayer" battle rule does not seem to work. The "tempParty" rule works fine. I have been able to set the party up with a Pokémon object. I have also made it possible for the trainer to catch the Pokémon in a "alwaysCapture" "tutorialCapture" but can't change trainer name or outfit.
Works fine for me. How are you setting it?

For example, here's the capture tutorial event that I have set up in my game that I use for testing purposes:
Capture.JPG

Obviously though, this is assuming you've set up the appropriate costume sprites for your trainer.

Back