• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1]

Resource Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] v1.1.5

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey, i was wondering if theres a way for me to make custom texts after i lose or win a battle.
I was using the conditional branch with exceptions for this before, but with this plugin now i don't know how to do it since the script is very long and i can't fit it in the conditional branch script section.
Any ideas?
Look at the "Storing Scripts" page in the Midbattle Scripting portion of the guide to see how to condense what has to be entered in the event scripts.

Lucidious89

Champion
not to be that guy but..
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1] [v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6] Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass Backtrace: [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:91:in `refreshSpecialActionButton' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:134:in `refresh' Battle_Scene_Menus:324:in `battler=' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:149:in `pbFightMenu' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:234:in `pbFightMenu' Battle_CommandPhase:230:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop' Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `loop' Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop' Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `loop' Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1] [v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6] Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `each_value' for nil:NilClass Backtrace: [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:80:in `dispose' MessageConfig:526:in `pbDisposeSprite' MessageConfig:517:in `block in pbDisposeSpriteHash' MessageConfig:516:in `each_key' MessageConfig:516:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash' Battle_Scene:330:in `pbDisposeSprites' Battle_Scene:369:in `pbEndBattle' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:733:in `pbEndBattle' Battle_StartAndEnd:500:in `pbEndOfBattle' Battle_StartAndEnd:346:in `pbBattleLoop'

two crash logs, and idk if this is a bug or I forgot smth again, so I'd like some assistance on this situation here, this is the latest version of the plugin fyi
You must have something overwriting the plugin, because it's saying that @actionButtonBitmap doesn't exist, but it's very clearly defined in the script.

BlueZulfish

Casual Water-type Enjoyer & Cry Composer
You must have something overwriting the plugin, because it's saying that @actionButtonBitmap doesn't exist, but it's very clearly defined in the script.
thank you, it was a conflict with the "Customizable Battle UI" plugin, specifying it just so other people don't fall into the same issue

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.3 Update

• Tweaked some compiler code to avoid errors in situations where there is missing PBS data.
  • Added a new battle rule called "setSlideSprite" which allows you to customize how the opponent's sprite slides on to screen at the start of a battle.
The opponent's slide sprite can be customized to slide in from the side (default), top, bottom, or remain still without sliding. For each of these variations, you can even hide the opponent's base and shadow sprites if you wish to give...

Read the rest of this update entry...

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
I was wondering.. is there a way that you can make full blown boss fights with phases whenever the pokemon get down to like one HP?

Also another question i have is this Plug-in interacts with another one that i have installed in a weird way. It's called "Custom Field effects" and for some reason while this plug in is active that plug-in won't work properly and i was wondering why that was.
With the latter half of this I've done testing even after the update and the only thing that specifically doesn't work properly is the damage calc when using certain moves. So i was wondering if in Deluxe Battles there was some sort of edit to how things damage calc or along that line.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Hey Lucidious89! Enjoying the plugin! I had a few questions about the plugin.

I am guessing the Visually Different Super Shinies are a planned feature in a future update the plugin similar to its predecessor Essentials Deluxe (Unless I missed something from the GitBook)?

Also, Not sure what is causing it and maybe you can help, but it seems the animation for Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion are not triggering from the plugin. Mega Evolution uses the default and Primal Reversion does not show any except change the sprite. While Terastallization animation seems to play out with any issues.

Not sure what is causing this I get no error logs while playing with these mechanics. Nothing game breaking, but want to try to get those awesome animations you made working. If you need it I can send you my plugin list or anything you need. Thanks for the help and support. 😁

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey Lucidious89! Enjoying the plugin! I had a few questions about the plugin.

I am guessing the Visually Different Super Shinies are a planned feature in a future update the plugin similar to its predecessor Essentials Deluxe (Unless I missed something from the GitBook)?

Also, Not sure what is causing it and maybe you can help, but it seems the animation for Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion are not triggering from the plugin. Mega Evolution uses the default and Primal Reversion does not show any except change the sprite. While Terastallization animation seems to play out with any issues.

Not sure what is causing this I get no error logs while playing with these mechanics. Nothing game breaking, but want to try to get those awesome animations you made working. If you need it I can send you my plugin list or anything you need. Thanks for the help and support. 😁
You must already have common animations saved in your game for Megas and Primals. The tutorial makes note of this.

Visually different super shinies is unlikely to be a returning feature. It was only implemented in the previous version because the previous iteration of ZUD had to entirely rewrite how forms in the dex are displayed in order to add Gmax forms. So the super shiny stuff was thrown in as an afterthought, since I might as well throw that in too if im already doing all that work to recode the Pokedex displays. The next iteration of Dynamax however will no longer need to touch the Pokedex at all anymore (thank god, because that was a huge headache), so if I dont have to edit the dex anymore, then there's no reason or incentive to implement the super shiny feature.

Besides, there's a reason I renamed this to "Deluxe Battle Kit." It's because I want to refocus this plugin specifically around battle mechanics. All of the non-battle focused features from Essentials Deluxe were removed or moved to other plugins to streamline the focus of this plugin. I don't want it to become a bloated mess like the last plugin was.

Jangajinx

You must already have common animations saved in your game for Megas and Primals. The tutorial makes note of this.

Visually different super shinies is unlikely to be a returning feature. It was only implemented in the previous version because the previous iteration of ZUD had to entirely rewrite how forms in the dex are displayed in order to add Gmax forms. So the super shiny stuff was thrown in as an afterthought, since I might as well throw that in too if im already doing all that work to recode the Pokedex displays. The next iteration of Dynamax however will no longer need to touch the Pokedex at all anymore (thank god, because that was a huge headache), so if I dont have to edit the dex anymore, then there's no reason or incentive to implement the super shiny feature.

Besides, there's a reason I renamed this to "Deluxe Battle Kit." It's because I want to refocus this plugin specifically around battle mechanics. All of the non-battle focused features from Essentials Deluxe were removed or moved to other plugins to streamline the focus of this plugin. I don't want it to become a bloated mess like the last plugin was.
As for the common animation for mega and primals, I did notice this in the tutorial you made for the plugin. I do not recall any changes in the past. Do you know where I can possible find these changes again in the default essential project. Maybe I can figure this out from there.

As for visually different super shinnies not returning it is indeed unfortunate as it was one of my favorite features, but I can understand your reasoning and respect your vision for the future of your plugins. I appreciate you putting in the time and effort/headaches in delivering such amazing essential plugins, no pun intended. I look forward to any new upcoming features in the future. Thanks for all your hard work and don't let any of the invalid hate get to you. 😄

Lucidious89

Champion
As for the common animation for mega and primals, I did notice this in the tutorial you made for the plugin. I do not recall any changes in the past. Do you know where I can possible find these changes again in the default essential project. Maybe I can figure this out from there.

As for visually different super shinnies not returning it is indeed unfortunate as it was one of my favorite features, but I can understand your reasoning and respect your vision for the future of your plugins. I appreciate you putting in the time and effort/headaches in delivering such amazing essential plugins, no pun intended. I look forward to any new upcoming features in the future. Thanks for all your hard work and don't let any of the invalid hate get to you. 😄
If you have a common animation saved that is named "Mega Evolution", that animation will take priority. Same with Primals, same with Tera, etc. Check in the animation editor for these and just delete them if any exist.

Jangajinx

If you have a common animation saved that is named "Mega Evolution", that animation will take priority. Same with Primals, same with Tera, etc. Check in the animation editor for these and just delete them if any exist.
Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure if I am missing something after checking, but I am not seeing anything unless I am on the wrong thing.

1706575091128.png

Lucidious89

Champion
Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure if I am missing something after checking, but I am not seeing anything unless I am on the wrong thing.

View attachment 25623
No, i mean a common battle animation found in the in-game animation editor. The one you access through the Debug menu to make move animations with.

Jangajinx

No, i mean a common battle animation found in the in-game animation editor. The one you access through the Debug menu to make move animations with.
Oh! My bad. Sorry I miss understood what you meant. I'll look into the editor and I'll keep you posted.

Jangajinx

Yeah it seems like I have some remnants of something that is overriding it. Not sure what its suppose to look like but here is what I have for the evolution animations maybe it can help with figuring what it is suppose to look like I tried renaming and deleting with no luck.

Capture.PNG

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah it seems like I have some remnants of something that is overriding it. Not sure what its suppose to look like but here is what I have for the evolution animations maybe it can help with figuring what it is suppose to look like I tried renaming and deleting with no luck.

View attachment 25625
Yeah idk, you must have installed some kind of animation kit that added all of those. I would just delete everything with MegaEvolution, Primal, UltraBurst, Dynamax, or Terastallize in its name. All of those are going to overwrite my animations.

Jangajinx

Yeah idk, you must have installed some kind of animation kit that added all of those. I would just delete everything with MegaEvolution, Primal, UltraBurst, Dynamax, or Terastallize in its name. All of those are going to overwrite my animations.
So after digging through my project and some testing I found some incompatibilities with the plugin Mix-And-Mega and the Gen 8 move animation project, but in case anyone else is having this problem in the future while Mix-And-Mega will need an update to work with this plugin.

Gen 8 move animation project however can be resolve and fixed by going into Debug > Other Editors... > Battle Animation Organizer. From here, delete the following 2 animations this fixes similar animations as well like Primals, etc. than recompile:

• 13: Common: MegaEvolution
  • 14: Common: MegaEvolution2

I have not really tinkered with animations before at the current phase of my project and found out that deleting animations in the editor is not the same as the organizer. I feel stupid, but everyday is a learning opportunity.

Sorry for bothering you Lucidious with this problem. Seems like a simple fix that I missed. Thanks for trying to help me. 😊

PFG (Frankly)

Moderated dev Essentials tinker
could we get animated pokemon.(trainers too but thats extra) this will be a very big feature so its more of a side feature. but honesty this is a big game change to the pokemon fan game community overall even without the animated pokemons

Lucidious89

Champion
could we get animated pokemon.(trainers too but thats extra) this will be a very big feature so its more of a side feature. but honesty this is a big game change to the pokemon fan game community overall even without the animated pokemons
There are other plugins and resources out there that already allow for this.

Lucidious89

Champion
Back