• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon AlteRed Version

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

!?
Pebbler Platoon

presents....

fh5HroW.gif

Pokémon - AlteRed Version
Pokémon AlteRed is a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed that provides a completely unique type swap on nearly every Pokémon in the Gen 3 dex.

🔥 Features 🔥

A Revamped Kanto - New areas
Modern Gen mechanics - Plenty of new moves
QOL Mechanics -
Better level curve

and...
411 Alter Pokémon!?

6tIWJ1N.png

...But wait, there's more!???

Pokémon AlteRed Version... With A Gun
Pokémon AlteRed With a Gun version was our April Fool's '23 release, serving as a hard mode for AlteRed with a few exclusive Pokémon as a little bonus.
We're continuing to update Gun as well, just as an alternative way to play the game!

🔥🔥🔥

Download AlteRed
Download AlteRed with a Gun

AlteRed is distributed in .IPS patch form, which you must patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 ROM (which we can't provide for obvious reasons.)
I suggest using Lunar IPS, which is very straightforward to use, but if you need help, here is a good video on how to use it.

🔥🔥🔥

consider Joining our Discord too! :)

We also have complete documentation on the game that can be found here.

🔥🔥🔥

Antikanto Pokédex
qBx9z9u.png

🔥🔥🔥

CREDITS
This game was made by PEBBLER PLATOON
Chairry - Project Lead; Mapper, Spriter, Balancing, Programmer, Promotion, Documentation, Testing
Brolunite - Original Remake Project Lead; Spriter, Documentation
Ayu - Spriter
Beespoon - Concept Artist
Bepis - Spriter
Big Snort - Spriter, Concept Artist
Cesare_CBass - Spriter, Testing
Dillsacke' - Spriter
EeVeeEe - Spriter, Concept Artist
FosterZ - Spriter
JPRM4 - Spriter, Concept Artist
Lazer Chicken - Concept Artist
Lichen - Spriter, Concept Artist, Promotion, Documentation, Testing
Livra - Spriter, Concept Artist
Ludi - Testing, Documentation
marrowbitezz - Spriter, Concept Artist, Testing
Ogwon - Spriter, Concept Artist, Testing
Pablo - Concept Artist
Sadfish - Programmer, Balancing, Documentation, Testing
SharkGuy - Spriter, Concept Artist
Splinxsh - Programmer
Ty Sprites - Spriter
Yondi/FBI - Concept Artist, Spriter

In addition, A small portion of this hack's graphics use resources from Chaos Rush's DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource over on Pokecommunity.

🔥🔥🔥

KNOWN BUGS
  • Entering a double battle with only 1 pokemon causes some very weird effects that ultimately softlocks the game.

Last edited:

NanaelJustice

Novice
This idea seems really cool! Kinda reminds me of Fool's Gold and the dex is super solid, the sprites are definitelly high quality.

lichen

i make sprites , i think
This idea seems really cool! Kinda reminds me of Fool's Gold and the dex is super solid, the sprites are definitelly high quality.
Fun fact, this hack initially released the same month as fool's gold, they were originally developed at the same time with no knowledge of one another!

For those who don't know, this hack is a lot older than this Reliccastle posting, but a lot of our more recent polishes and tweaks we've made to it are brand-new!

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Wow, this is very nostalgic. I havent played this in years. I do have a question tho, are there any new QoL features added in or is it still the same as the old version ony with new graphic updates? Still gotta say these new sprites are amazing. The addition and attention to detail is fabulos

Last edited:

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Wow, this is very nostalgic. I havent played this in years. I do have a question tho, are there any new QoL features added in or is it still the same as the old version ony with new graphic updates? Still gotta say these new sprites are amazing. The addition and attention to detail is fabulos
Not sure what version you've played but the QOL features we have now are a name rater/move reminder/move deleter in every pkmn center, as well as cheaper shops & free grinding if you're into that. It's not as much as we'd like to add, but that's about as much as we can do given it's an older binary hack. (FWIW, the planned sequel "VariaBlue" is being made with decomps, so it'll definitely have a lot more features.) Thanks for asking! :)

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Not sure what version you've played but the QOL features we have now are a name rater/move reminder/move deleter in every pkmn center, as well as cheaper shops & free grinding if you're into that. It's not as much as we'd like to add, but that's about as much as we can do given it's an older binary hack. (FWIW, the planned sequel "VariaBlue" is being made with decomps, so it'll definitely have a lot more features.) Thanks for asking! :)
Thaks for the reply, i do have one more question, what is the situation on the EV spread? because i dont see it mention in the docs and when i use the wiki, all of them is just one in spatk

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Thaks for the reply, i do have one more question, what is the situation on the EV spread? because i dont see it mention in the docs and when i use the wiki, all of them is just one in spatk
The wiki is super-duper old and outdated. I can't recommend it for anything other than looking at what designs used to look like, lol.
AR's EV changes are mostly based on the Pokémon's highest stat. You shouldn't have to worry about EV training, though, AR is designed to be a very casual/accessible game in which EVs are largely unneccesary.

TheYukiverse

Rookie
I recently played through the Gun version of this game (it was great btw), and I was just wondering how you evolve into Soakern, Partikrash, Repeabell, Mistando and Battalery? I've manged to obtain every other Pokémon in the game (at least, I'm pretty sure I have, since some of the regular AlteRed 'mon don't seem to appear in Gun, I'm guessing replaced with the new additions), but these 5 have eluded me. There is one place you can catch Repeabell, but it's catch rate is insane and half its moves explode itself, so I'd rather evolve into it, if possible. And the other 4 I'm just completely lost on.

lichen

i make sprites , i think
I recently played through the Gun version of this game (it was great btw), and I was just wondering how you evolve into Soakern, Partikrash, Repeabell, Mistando and Battalery? I've manged to obtain every other Pokémon in the game (at least, I'm pretty sure I have, since some of the regular AlteRed 'mon don't seem to appear in Gun, I'm guessing replaced with the new additions), but these 5 have eluded me. There is one place you can catch Repeabell, but it's catch rate is insane and half its moves explode itself, so I'd rather evolve into it, if possible. And the other 4 I'm just completely lost on.
These guys evolve with Gun Stone, which you can find at cape brink on on sevii isle 2

Ickle

Trainer
anytime i try to do anything with the file altred it says this

1.png

ChloeFrazer

Rookie
Can you tell me what the shiny odds are? Want to know if its worth grinding for certain pkmn

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Can you tell me what the shiny odds are? Want to know if its worth grinding for certain pkmn
Currently, the shiny odds have been jacked up to 1/200. We're going to change this in a future update, though, because it causes quite a few bugs and other oddities.

Back