• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon AlteRed Version

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

!?
Pebbler Platoon

presents....

fh5HroW.gif

Pokémon - AlteRed Version
Pokémon AlteRed is a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed that provides a completely unique type swap on nearly every Pokémon in the Gen 3 dex.

🔥 Features 🔥

A Revamped Kanto - New areas
Modern Gen mechanics - Plenty of new moves
QOL Mechanics -
Better level curve

and...
411 Alter Pokémon!?

6tIWJ1N.png

...But wait, there's more!???

Pokémon AlteRed Version... With A Gun
Pokémon AlteRed With a Gun version was our April Fool's '23 release, serving as a hard mode for AlteRed with a few exclusive Pokémon as a little bonus.
We're continuing to update Gun as well, just as an alternative way to play the game!

🔥🔥🔥

Download AlteRed
Download AlteRed with a Gun

AlteRed is distributed in .IPS patch form, which you must patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 ROM (which we can't provide for obvious reasons.)
I suggest using Lunar IPS, which is very straightforward to use, but if you need help, here is a good video on how to use it.

🔥🔥🔥

consider Joining our Discord too! :)

We also have complete documentation on the game that can be found here.

🔥🔥🔥

Antikanto Pokédex
qBx9z9u.png

🔥🔥🔥

CREDITS
This game was made by PEBBLER PLATOON
Chairry - Project Lead; Mapper, Spriter, Balancing, Programmer, Promotion, Documentation, Testing
Brolunite - Original Remake Project Lead; Spriter, Documentation
Ayu - Spriter
Beespoon - Concept Artist
Bepis - Spriter
Big Snort - Spriter, Concept Artist
Cesare_CBass - Spriter, Testing
Dillsacke' - Spriter
EeVeeEe - Spriter, Concept Artist
FosterZ - Spriter
JPRM4 - Spriter, Concept Artist
Lazer Chicken - Concept Artist
Lichen - Spriter, Concept Artist, Promotion, Documentation, Testing
Livra - Spriter, Concept Artist
Ludi - Testing, Documentation
marrowbitezz - Spriter, Concept Artist, Testing
Ogwon - Spriter, Concept Artist, Testing
Pablo - Concept Artist
Sadfish - Programmer, Balancing, Documentation, Testing
SharkGuy - Spriter, Concept Artist
Splinxsh - Programmer
Ty Sprites - Spriter
Yondi/FBI - Concept Artist, Spriter

In addition, A small portion of this hack's graphics use resources from Chaos Rush's DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource over on Pokecommunity.

🔥🔥🔥

KNOWN BUGS
  • Entering a double battle with only 1 pokemon causes some very weird effects that ultimately softlocks the game.

Last edited:

lichen

i make sprites , i think
This is an awesome game, absolutely loving it! One question, though—how does one evolve Mediklops to Epidemoir? The wiki says Moon Stone, but my stone doesn't work. I'm fine to be patient for a level up, just want to be sure I don't miss out on anything by waiting too long.
Which "wiki" are you using? The correct up to date info is in the google doc linked in this thread, but LMK if anything there is wrong.

AyzenVon

Rookie
Idk if you'll respond but I LOVE THIS MODHACK but idk if it's me or what.

1. When I'm playing, I wanna see the different alterations but idk if it's me but it's only showing one pokemon per area, again idk if it's me.

2. Thundursa isn't evolving.

But then again I'm on mobile so that probably explains things.

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
Quick question, do I need to be Ev conscious if I play AlteRed with a gun? Thank you!

EJG

Rookie
Hello! I read that the wiki is outdated, is there any way to know the ways every pokemon evolve please?

ThatOneGuy312

Rookie
Hi there,
First of all I'm loving the game so far, but I've got a question.
So I already checked all the replies about starters evolving at level 30 in AlterRed with a Gun, but my Explodie refuses to evolve. Even when I leveled him to 31 or 32, the game will start the evolving animation, but then it just stops, and shows a "...?" in the dialogue box? How do I fix that?

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Hi there,
First of all I'm loving the game so far, but I've got a question.
So I already checked all the replies about starters evolving at level 30 in AlterRed with a Gun, but my Explodie refuses to evolve. Even when I leveled him to 31 or 32, the game will start the evolving animation, but then it just stops, and shows a "...?" in the dialogue box? How do I fix that?
are you sure you're not pressing B?

lichen

i make sprites , i think
That's what I thought, but I tried over and over again and it still doesn't work. Even when I level him up and just put my phone down, it still doesn't evolve
ok, it seems like you missed the national dex somehow, which should not be possible unless a) walk through walls past the barrier or b) some old version + patching glitch

R4p1ds

Rookie
Hi i was wondering if there was any way to get the substikyut to listen to me after i catch it even if its a cheat code i just want to have one on my team

Back