• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon AlteRed Version

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

!?
Pebbler Platoon

presents....

fh5HroW.gif

Pokémon - AlteRed Version
Pokémon AlteRed is a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed that provides a completely unique type swap on nearly every Pokémon in the Gen 3 dex.

🔥 Features 🔥

A Revamped Kanto - New areas
Modern Gen mechanics - Plenty of new moves
QOL Mechanics -
Better level curve

and...
411 Alter Pokémon!?

6tIWJ1N.png

...But wait, there's more!???

Pokémon AlteRed Version... With A Gun
Pokémon AlteRed With a Gun version was our April Fool's '23 release, serving as a hard mode for AlteRed with a few exclusive Pokémon as a little bonus.
We're continuing to update Gun as well, just as an alternative way to play the game!

🔥🔥🔥

Download AlteRed
Download AlteRed with a Gun

AlteRed is distributed in .IPS patch form, which you must patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 ROM (which we can't provide for obvious reasons.)
I suggest using Lunar IPS, which is very straightforward to use, but if you need help, here is a good video on how to use it.

🔥🔥🔥

consider Joining our Discord too! :)

We also have complete documentation on the game that can be found here.

🔥🔥🔥

Antikanto Pokédex
qBx9z9u.png

🔥🔥🔥

CREDITS
This game was made by PEBBLER PLATOON
Chairry - Project Lead; Mapper, Spriter, Balancing, Programmer, Promotion, Documentation, Testing
Brolunite - Original Remake Project Lead; Spriter, Documentation
Ayu - Spriter
Beespoon - Concept Artist
Bepis - Spriter
Big Snort - Spriter, Concept Artist
Cesare_CBass - Spriter, Testing
Dillsacke' - Spriter
EeVeeEe - Spriter, Concept Artist
FosterZ - Spriter
JPRM4 - Spriter, Concept Artist
Lazer Chicken - Concept Artist
Lichen - Spriter, Concept Artist, Promotion, Documentation, Testing
Livra - Spriter, Concept Artist
Ludi - Testing, Documentation
marrowbitezz - Spriter, Concept Artist, Testing
Ogwon - Spriter, Concept Artist, Testing
Pablo - Concept Artist
Sadfish - Programmer, Balancing, Documentation, Testing
SharkGuy - Spriter, Concept Artist
Splinxsh - Programmer
Ty Sprites - Spriter
Yondi/FBI - Concept Artist, Spriter

In addition, A small portion of this hack's graphics use resources from Chaos Rush's DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource over on Pokecommunity.

🔥🔥🔥

KNOWN BUGS
  • Entering a double battle with only 1 pokemon causes some very weird effects that ultimately softlocks the game.

Last edited:

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Update 2.5 is here!
Altered Changes:
Fixed a bunch of bugs (buggy pokedex, menu, field moves, etc.)
Changed Sprites/Designs: Psichic Line, Tuffkip Line, Nidopawn Lines, Monokoth Line, Ujadalord, Dronrunt Line (Bug > Bug, Moveset Changed), Cerantler, Mechleon, Excaviper, Zangsolo, Steeloo Line, Pharmagon Line (Normal/??? > Normal/Psychic or Poison/???, Moveset Changed), Pyrrow Line, Tentussle Line, Stalagmite Line, (Ice > Ice > Ice/Bug, Moveset Changed, Stats Changed), Carboink Line, MissingNo, Rabsuke, Jishinkou, Pesutei, Hanacune
Removed Pokemon: Illveon, Braceon (Gun Exclusives Now)
New Pokemon:
Two Stage Normal-type, Normal > Normal/Steel
also added a new substitute room in the league
fixed one island pokecenter
Altered (Gun) Changes:
Fixed a bunch of bugs (buggy pokedex, menu, field moves, etc.)
Changed Sprites/Designs: Psichic Line, Tuffkip Line, Nidopawn Lines, Monokoth Line, Ujadalord, Dronrunt Line (Bug > Bug, Moveset Changed), Cerantler, Mechleon, Excaviper, Zangsolo, Steeloo Line, Pharmagon Line (Normal/??? > Normal/Psychic or Poison/???, Moveset Changed), Pyrrow Line, Tentussle Line, Stalagmite Line, (Ice > Ice > Ice/Bug, Moveset Changed, Stats Changed), Carboink Line, MissingNo, Mallewak
Removed Pokemon: Boreon, Molteon, Caireon, Zephreon, Luxreon (Regular AlteRed Exclusives Now)
New Pokemon:
New Two Stage (Normal > Normal/Steel)
New Evolution (Dragon-type)
New Single Stage (Grass/Ghost)
New Single Stage (Dark/Fighting)
New Single Stage (???/Normal)
also added a new substitute room in the league
fixed one island pokecenter
the rival should keep their starter now

It'sYa1UPBoy

#1 Kotora Stan 2023
Removed Pokemon: Illveon, Braceon (Gun Exclusives Now)
If I have Illveon and Braceon on my normal/not-Gun copy, should I release them from the PC before updating, or will they turn into the aforementioned new Pokemon?

It'sYa1UPBoy

#1 Kotora Stan 2023
LOL is the new Pesutei sprite some reference...? Jishinkou doesn't really look different, but Pesutei is uh...a thing that exists!
Also, I don't know how to get to the secret area that I can see east of the League HQ. From the League side there's an impassable ledge. I've gone around the perimeters of Pewter and Viridian to find a secret entrance, but no dice thus far.
EDIT: I found Region's Edge! I think it's cool that you took old rumors and glitches like Missingno. and Bill's Garden and brought them to life in your own way. Now I wonder if I missed anything at the truck for not doing Cut skip...

Last edited:

Morganelefay

Novice
Awesome. Does this also mean btw that the scientist in Pewter now fixes your fossil or is that still different?

Pig_catapult

Rookie
Is it safe to patch the new version directly onto my patched ROM, or do I need to patch onto a clean base copy?

Scrimblo lord

Rookie
Hey i'm loving the game so far, but my Explodile is level 27 is he supposted to evolve with the gun stone or something.

DinoLoud

Rookie
The Pokedex here doesn't add up to the one here:
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfPDjMu5QSTQI86MEYtlbGPZUeIv3RFnYMV5g86M2rs/edit#gid=1688788752
and my Pokemon Altered game doesn't have Altered forms for Tatsugiri and Dondozo. Did you update the game or something?

My game doesn't have Quesogiri and Nyandozo. Did I download an old version or something?

If so, how do I update my game

Hey i'm loving the game so far, but my Explodile is level 27 is he supposted to evolve with the gun stone or something.

Explodile evolves at Lv. 30 into Crocaboom, and then into Fragatr at Lv. 50

Yuki-onna

Rookie
For an above average Player (not a Pro) - playing as a Nuzlocke, better to play the original or the with a gun version? :D (blind)

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
For an above average Player (not a Pro) - playing as a Nuzlocke, better to play the original or the with a gun version? :D (blind)
Personally, i would say the regular one because it is easier with less battle and the dificulty is slightly easier than a regular pokemon game. But you an read what the diference are in the doc a long with other info about the game and see if which on suits you better

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfPDjMu5QSTQI86MEYtlbGPZUeIv3RFnYMV5g86M2rs

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Is it safe to patch the new version directly onto my patched ROM, or do I need to patch onto a clean base copy?
clean copy every time! causes issues otherwise.
My game doesn't have Quesogiri and Nyandozo. Did I download an old version or something?

If so, how do I update my game
Links to version 2.5 are in the description of this thread ^^ just patch a fresh rom with them

lichen

i make sprites , i think
2.5.2 is here! includes some hotfixes for moveset errors and a game breaking crash with the Giovanni fight.
Remember to patch onto a clean rom, not an existing AlteRed patched rom!

Random Owl

Rookie
How do I evolve Atomiquil in the Gun version?? Mine is already lvl 21/22 and hasnt evolved yet

JGamer243

Rookie
Really enjoying the game, but I've run into two bugs. First bug, which is just odd is that my Farvest'd changed genders while it evolved, not complaining, my Farvest'd can do whatever he wants but I just found it odd. Also Giovanni's gym battle has bugged out for me, he sends out 2 ???????????s and it just breaks the entire fight. Otherwise it's I love the game and all the new forms.

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
How do I evolve Atomiquil in the Gun version?? Mine is already lvl 21/22 and hasnt evolved yet
I think that the starter in Gun version evolve way later since they have way higher like psudo legendary stats. Iirc, the starter evolve at around 30 and again around 60

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Lv. 30!
Really enjoying the game, but I've run into two bugs. First bug, which is just odd is that my Farvest'd changed genders while it evolved, not complaining, my Farvest'd can do whatever he wants but I just found it odd. Also Giovanni's gym battle has bugged out for me, he sends out 2 ???????????s and it just breaks the entire fight. Otherwise it's I love the game and all the new forms.
This is an issue we fixed in 2.5.2. Try patching it onto a fresh rom with the new update.

Pig_catapult

Rookie
This is a super minor graphical glitch, but this one kind of tree doesn't layer properly with the player sprite.

Attachments

• Pokemon - AlteRed Version 2.5.2 (USA, Europe)-0.png
    Pokemon - AlteRed Version 2.5.2 (USA, Europe)-0.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 88
Back