• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.0.3

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] - Fully implements the Terastallization mechanics from Scarlet & Violet into Essentials.

Terastal Phenomenon for v20.1
Fully implements the Terastallization mechanics from Scarlet & Violet into Essentials.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Read more about this resource...

Lucidious89

Champion
Here's a demo battle I created using Essentials Deluxe along with this plugin to replicate the final battle vs AI Sada from Pokemon Scarlet.

Eften

Novice
1675777671778.png
When I open Summary it shows this error, is this a conflict with other plugins?

Lucidious89

Champion

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
My bad, I uploaded the wrong version of my code. It should be fixed with my 1.1 update!

Eften

Novice
I think it's not wrigty12's add-on plugin... The same error occurs when I try to enable "Action"
1675866866621.png

Lucidious89

Champion
I think it's not wrigty12's add-on plugin... The same error occurs when I try to enable "Action"
View attachment 15487
No, it is. You probably saved the game with a Pokemon that still has its Tera Type saved incorrectly from before. Give yourself a fresh party, or just manually reset the Tera Types of all your Pokemon with the Debug tool, and then try.

Eften

Novice
1675869800475.png

Oh, I fixed the above error, thank you. There is one more error that appears like this, but I don't know exactly where the problem is, it appears when pressing "Action".

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 15489

Oh, I fixed the above error, thank you. There is one more error that appears like this, but I don't know exactly where the problem is, it appears when pressing "Action".
You will get errors like this if you don't have a trainer sprite to display during the Tera animation.

llk

Novice
After installing the plugin, holding down CTRL during the battle can no longer operate the dynamax, how should I fix it

Lucidious89

Champion
After installing the plugin, holding down CTRL during the battle can no longer operate the dynamax, how should I fix it
Yes it can, it's just that when Dynamax and Terastallization are both installed and available on an eligible Pokemon, the two mechanics cannot appear in the same battle at the same time. So CTRL cannot force Dynamax to appear unless you're on a Power Spot map and in a battle that supports Dynamax. Otherwise, only Terastallization will appear. Same works in reverse for Terastallization. If you ARE on a Power Spot map and in a battle that supports Dynamax, then CTRL will only ever allow for Dynamax appear, but never Terastallization. You can't have both present simultaneously. The presence of one automatically blocks the other.

Lucidious89

Champion

Citycat17

Novice
This is great. Is there a way to see a wild Pokémon’s terra type before catching it? Like a way to display the icon during battle?

Lucidious89

Champion
This is great. Is there a way to see a wild Pokémon’s terra type before catching it? Like a way to display the icon during battle?
You can see them when they're Terastallized. If they're not, you can assume its one of their types. I don't really see any dramatic need to have a built-in feature for this plugin to have them displayed otherwise. With that said, if you have my Enhanced UI plugin installed, the battle UI in that plugin does allow you to view Tera Types for all battlers, as seen here:

KqMwDWn.png

Citycat17

Novice
Awesome, thanks for pointing that out. I have it installed I just didn't think to check that. Thanks a bunch.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.1 Update

• Made it so that the button display for triggering Terastallization in battle will now automatically scale properly to the amount of types you have defined in your game, even if this is more or less than the number of types in the core series.
  • While playing in Debug mode, you may now flag whether or not individual trainers are capable of using Terastallization through the in-battle debug tool.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Galaxia

Trainer
Hey, I have a decent idea
Maybe an option to disable certain species/forms to prevent them from Tera-ing? I know in vanilla SV all species can Tera but I think it would be cool to have the option to prevent some from using it (For example, a Shedinja using Tera Electric with an Air Balloon)

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Maybe an option to disable certain species/forms to prevent them from Tera-ing? I know in vanilla SV all species can Tera but I think it would be cool to have the option to prevent some from using it (For example, a Shedinja using Tera Electric with an Air Balloon)
I could probably whip up an add-on for this functionality since it sounds easy enough. I'll investigate it this weekend (Unless Lucidious wants to try and incorporate it natively).

Would you want them to not be able to Tera at all, or just limit which types they can have as tera types?

Lucidious89

Champion
I mean, im not really sure what the point of this would be. If you dont want certain mons to Tera, then simply dont make them an ace for any of your trainers. If youre talking about the player being unable to Tera certain mons, then just dont let them access those species if they would be broken with Terastallization (which is why Shedinja isnt in Gen 9 to begin with).

It doesn't necessarily seem like a feature worth adding to the plugin when the problem is something that is handled more by developing your game around the mechanic. If anything, I think I would more likely just edit how Wonder Guard works with Terastallization (which ive already done with the Color Change and Mimicry abilities)

Back