• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.0.3

Galaxia

Trainer
I could probably whip up an add-on for this functionality since it sounds easy enough. I'll investigate it this weekend (Unless Lucidious wants to try and incorporate it natively).

Would you want them to not be able to Tera at all, or just limit which types they can have as tera types?
I actually figured it out;
In '[005] Battler, on line, 53, you can disable certain species or abilities by adding isSpecies?(:speciesname) or hasActiveAbility?(:abilityname)

Lucidious89

Champion
canLose doesn't restore your Tera charge. Since canLose basically activates a free Pokemon Center healing session, I assumed it would also refresh the charge as well. Is this intentional?
The recharge only occurs within an event that uses the "Recover All" command, which is typically only used in Pokemon Centers. So yeah, being fully healed in any other way will not trigger it. I dont know if this is how it works in SV or not, but if someone wants to test it and report back, ill change it.

FoxGuy303

Novice
Love this Resource ! Can't wait for Tera Raids being added ! It is suspected that Ogerpon (from the DLC), when Terastallized, has a different appearance. It is also believed that Terapagos (from the second DLC) will be able to freely choose his Tera type during battle. If these speculations come true, will you add them ? It would also be cool if you could add your own special Terastal Forms like in your (also amazing) ZUD Plugin with Ultra Burst. Even if this is turns out to be wrong, a special terastal Form for Pokemons would be amazing. Thanks in advance for Tera Raids and these possible new features.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Love this Resource ! Can't wait for Tera Raids being added ! It is suspected that Ogerpon (from the DLC), when Terastallized, has a different appearance. It is also believed that Terapagos (from the second DLC) will be able to freely choose his Tera type during battle. If these speculations come true, will you add them ? It would also be cool if you could add your own special Terastal Forms like in your (also amazing) ZUD Plugin with Ultra Burst. Even if this is turns out to be wrong, a special terastal Form for Pokemons would be amazing. Thanks in advance for Tera Raids and these possible new features.
God, I hope that's not true. That would require so much extra work. The thing I like about Terastallization (both as a player and a plugin developer) is that Game Freak actually showed some restraint with this mechanic and didn't make it obnoxiously complicated with special Pokemon that have special properties when they use it in special conditions. Terastallization is a very simple concept with universally applied rules. And I selfishly want it to remain that way so I don't have to overcomplicate this plugin lol.

But, knowing them, they'll probably have to do something crazy with it to try and make it seem more exciting. The form change possibility probably wouldn't be too hard (depending on how they do it), but the "choose any type" thing sounds like a nightmare so please let that not be a thing.

FoxGuy303

Novice
Yeah, let's just hope Terapagos is like Arceus or Silvally but for Tera Types. When do you think you can add Tera Raids ?

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah, let's just hope Terapagos is like Arceus or Silvally but for Tera Types. When do you think you can add Tera Raids ?
So long from now that its not even worth the speculation.

Lucidious89

Champion

CarlosPR

Novice
I have PLA Battle plugin installed and I can't activate Terrestilization without removing the other plugin. Is there any option to have both plugin working without having to take down the other.

Lucidious89

Champion
I have PLA Battle plugin installed and I can't activate Terrestilization without removing the other plugin. Is there any option to have both plugin working without having to take down the other.
You don't have to remove the plugin. They can work together fine, you just cant trigger both mechanics on a single Pokemon. If the Pokemon has any mastered moves in its moveset, it will never be able to Terastallize because Battle Styles out-prioritize Terastallization. However, you can easily have one Pokemon use Styles, and a different one Terastallize.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello I've been told by the people playing my game that Tera-ing loses the STAB of the original type, which I think in S/V you actually retain the STAB of the Pokemon's original type?
They're mistaken. I've tested this pretty thoroughly when making it, and STAB was always retained. For the sake of checking myself, I ran some tests again by printing all the relevant information after damage calcs. For the sake of making the numbers clearer, I removed all random variance so that the numbers would be consistent. Here's the proof:

1) Control
These are the standard results without Terastallization to check that the results are printing as intended. This is a standard Pikachu using the moves Tackle (non-STAB), and Thunder Shock (STAB).

Tackle
B4Ek0bK.jpg

Thunder Shock
rQ8vezg.jpg
As you can see, the results produce what you expect. Tackle, a Normal-type move, gains a x1 STAB multiplier (aka, no STAB), where Thunder Shock, an Electric-type move gains a x1.5 STAB multiplier (regular STAB). Now let's compare this with Terastallization.

2) Tera Electric
These are the results when Pikachu uses the same moves after Terastallizing into an Electric-type. Again, this is mostly to test that STAB multipliers are working correctly.
Tackle
3ZrQuGV.jpg

Thunder Shock
GeGSFtL.jpg

Thunder Shock (Adaptability)
mqvG4SH.jpg
While Terastallized into an Electric-type, Pikachu's Tackle remains unchanged, as expected. However, an Electric-type move like Thunder Shock now gains a x2 STAB multiplier instead of x1.5 due to Terastallization. When Pikachu is given the Adaptability ability, this STAB is increased further to x2.25, which is also what's desired.

3) Tera Normal
Lastly, these are the results when Pikachu Terastallizes into a type that doesn't match its inherent typing - in this case, Tera Normal.

Tackle
qRhQdDh.jpg

Thunder Shock
V1CJjJg.jpg

Tackle (Adaptability)
qDjMpwg.jpg
As expected, Tera Normal gives Pikachu's Tackle a x1.5 STAB multiplier. When using an Electric-type move, which matches Pikachu's base typing, it also retains its x1.5 STAB multiplier. And when using Tackle with the Adaptability ability, it gains STAB bonuses from both effects, giving it a x2 STAB multiplier.

So unless either I'm mistaken on how Tera damage is calculated, or your players can produce real data, I have to assume they're mistaken and just basing their claims off of anecdotal evidence.

Last edited:

FoxGuy303

Novice
Is there a way to change a Pokemon's Tera Type or make it have a specific Tera Type the moment you get it ? I would like to make all three Starters have Dragon as Tera Type but it don't know how.

Lucidious89

Champion
Is there a way to change a Pokemon's Tera Type or make it have a specific Tera Type the moment you get it ? I would like to make all three Starters have Dragon as Tera Type but it don't know how.
The linked turorial explains how this is done.

FoxGuy303

Novice
If you mean the PokeCommunity post, it says: "You can also manually edit a Pokemon's tera type by simply setting Pokemon#.tera_type to a specific type ID of your choice." But where do you have to change the ID ? In a script command or in a specific file ? If you mean the script command, what do you have to insert instead of the # ?

Sorry for the inconvenience
I am still a bit new to Essentials

Lucidious89

Champion
If you mean the PokeCommunity post, it says: "You can also manually edit a Pokemon's tera type by simply setting Pokemon#.tera_type to a specific type ID of your choice." But where do you have to change the ID ? In a script command or in a specific file ? If you mean the script command, what do you have to insert instead of the # ?

Sorry for the inconvenience
I am still a bit new to Essentials
Its just a script command, the same way you would change anything else about a Pokemon you obtain, such as its nature or shinyness, etc.

Lucidious89

Champion

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
It's occurred 1. When pressing enter on the title screen 2. When entering a wild encounter.
Screenshot_2023-04-05-10-24-23-423-edit_com.discord.jpg

This was the image I received. It's poorly cropped. I'll update this post when I get the full message.
Edit: I have the full message now.
1680679517530.png

I'm going to assume that the top message is for wild encounters, and the bottom message is for the title screen.

Last edited:
Back