• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.0.3

Lucidious89

Champion
It's occurred 1. When pressing enter on the title screen 2. When entering a wild encounter.
Screenshot_2023-04-05-10-24-23-423-edit_com.discord.jpg

This was the image I received. It's poorly cropped. I'll update this post when I get the full message.
Edit: I have the full message now.
View attachment 17048
I'm going to assume that the top message is for wild encounters, and the bottom message is for the title screen.
When did these errors begin to occur. Obviously it was working before, no? I'm unable to replicate this, so it's something you've done on your end.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.3 Update

IMPORTANT This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. IMPORTANT

• The following statistics are now tracked by the game, and can be accessed with the following scripts:
    • $stats.terastallize_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Terastallization.
    • $stats.wild_tera_battles...

Read the rest of this update entry...

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Here is an error that occurs when using Terastal Phenomenon v1.0.3 and Essentials Deluxe v1.2.6. I reverted to Terastal Phenomenon v1.0.1 and Essentials Deluxe v1.2.3 and the same issue did not occur.
The player character has the Mega Evolution and Terastal switches enabled and has the correct key items. The opposing trainer also has the correct key items.
Turn 1: Player and opponent both mega evolve altaria. Player's altaria uses perish song. Opponent's altaria uses cotton guard.
Turn 2: player switches to skeledirge. opponent altaria uses take down.
Turn 3: Player attempts to use tera + will-o-wisp. the error message occurs. After pressing enter, the game window does not close and the battle continues, however both the player and opponent's actions are skipped, as the next message box immediately skips to displaying the perish song count.
Turn 4: Player is able to use will-o-wisp successfully.
After downgrading the plugin version, the player is able to successfully use tera + will-o-wisp turn 3 without the error occuring.
Edit: I compared the two versions of the plugin and it seems like the issue might be the newly added $stats.terastallize_count += 1 if battler.pbOwnedByPlayer?
=================

[2023-05-17 00:37:16 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:71:in `pbTerastallize'
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:144:in `block in pbAttackPhaseTerastallize'
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:139:in `each'
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:139:in `pbAttackPhaseTerastallize'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:307:in `pbAttackPhase'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:341:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:341:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:326:in `loop'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:326:in `pbBattleLoop'

Lucidious89

Champion
Here is an error that occurs when using Terastal Phenomenon v1.0.3 and Essentials Deluxe v1.2.6. I reverted to Terastal Phenomenon v1.0.1 and Essentials Deluxe v1.2.3 and the same issue did not occur.
The player character has the Mega Evolution and Terastal switches enabled and has the correct key items. The opposing trainer also has the correct key items.
Turn 1: Player and opponent both mega evolve altaria. Player's altaria uses perish song. Opponent's altaria uses cotton guard.
Turn 2: player switches to skeledirge. opponent altaria uses take down.
Turn 3: Player attempts to use tera + will-o-wisp. the error message occurs. After pressing enter, the game window does not close and the battle continues, however both the player and opponent's actions are skipped, as the next message box immediately skips to displaying the perish song count.
Turn 4: Player is able to use will-o-wisp successfully.
After downgrading the plugin version, the player is able to successfully use tera + will-o-wisp turn 3 without the error occuring.
Edit: I compared the two versions of the plugin and it seems like the issue might be the newly added $stats.terastallize_count += 1 if battler.pbOwnedByPlayer?
=================

[2023-05-17 00:37:16 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:71:in `pbTerastallize'
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:144:in `block in pbAttackPhaseTerastallize'
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:139:in `each'
[Terastal Phenomenon] [004] Battle.rb:139:in `pbAttackPhaseTerastallize'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:307:in `pbAttackPhase'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:341:in `block (2 levels) in pbBattleLoop'
012:PBDebug:6:in `logonerr'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:341:in `block in pbBattleLoop'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:326:in `loop'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:326:in `pbBattleLoop'
Capture.JPG

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Not sure why or how but this started to happen all of a sudden. Not sure how to fix this, I did reinstall the plugin with no luck. No error comes up went activating it as well.

Attachments

• 1684636634736.png
    1684636634736.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 101

Lucidious89

Champion
Not sure why or how but this started to happen all of a sudden. Not sure how to fix this, I did reinstall the plugin with no luck. No error comes up went activating it as well.
Did you add custom types to your game? What Tera Type is supposed to be displayed? Did you edit the positions of any relevant UI displays?

Jangajinx

Did you add custom types to your game? What Tera Type is supposed to be displayed? Did you edit the positions of any relevant UI displays?
I added two new types, but did not add any tera types, psychic, and only the types, dex icon types, the type color for moves in the battle UI.

Lucidious89

Champion
I added two new types, but did not add any tera types, psychic, and only the types, dex icon types, the type color for moves in the battle UI.
Yeah then its because you didnt add tera type icons for your new types. The graphic displayed is determined by the number of types that your game contains (excluding types flagged as pseudo-types, like the ??? type). So if your type count and icon count are out of sync, the UI display will be out if sync.

Jangajinx

Yeah then its because you didnt add tera type icons for your new types. The graphic displayed is determined by the number of types that your game contains (excluding types flagged as pseudo-types, like the ??? type). So if your type count and icon count are out of sync, the UI display will be out if sync.
Ahh! Okay so flagging these types as pseudo-types should fix this in theory than. Appreciate it!

Lucidious89

Champion
ATTENTION! Final Version!
With the release of Essentials v21, the current version of this plugin (v1.0.3) will be the final version of the Terastal Phenomenon for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin available in the meantime. But this iteration of the plugin will eventually be removed once a v21 successor is released and takes its place. I will give fair warning before this happens, so don't panic.

See you all in v21!

Jukes

Cooltrainer
How could I make a trainers pokemon a specific Teratype?

Lucidious89

Champion
How could I make a trainers pokemon a specific Teratype?
You can set this in the trainers.txt PBS file for each Pokemon, as explained in the tutorial.

2Bitty

Rookie
So this was a question in the Pokémon community website but I didn't want to create a new account just for that
someone had a resolved question worrying about Pseudotypes being in the list of tera types, and I actually have the opposite situation. When this is updated for v21, I want to make my "Box Legendary" a tera shadow fight lol.

Lucidious89

Champion
So this was a question in the Pokémon community website but I didn't want to create a new account just for that
someone had a resolved question worrying about Pseudotypes being in the list of tera types, and I actually have the opposite situation. When this is updated for v21, I want to make my "Box Legendary" a tera shadow fight lol.
Eh, id rather not. Pseudo types make things complicated and just adds a whole bunch of stuff to the pile that needs to be bug tested, and this is already going to take a long time as it is. And I just don't care enough about the Shadow mechanic to want to invest in figuring this out.

FoxGuy303

Novice
Ogerpon is probably gonna be a nightmare to code. Make sure you don't burn yourself out ! I'm already looking forward to the version for v21 !

Lucidious89

Champion
Ogerpon is probably gonna be a nightmare to code. Make sure you don't burn yourself out ! I'm already looking forward to the version for v21 !
Its not so bad. All the code has been done already for months. It's just a matter of optimizing everything and finding time to type up all the documentation for each plugin.

Back