• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

AgentKiwi09

Novice
Hi there! I've been having an issue lately and I was wondering if anyone had suffered a similar issue. I've been working on my game and didn't encounter this till recently but Whirlwind is broken during wild battles? I've tested a fresh copy of Essentials and Whirlwind works then, but as soon as I download the pack it just stops working completely. Does anyone know how to fix this? I probably missed a step but sometimes I need that direction to find out I made a dumb mistake

mynameisumbreon

Novice
1710192009728.png

I would like to report a bug. I keep having this error pop up whenever I enter a trainer battle and they use palafin, specifically as their lead pokemon. I'm not sure what else could be causing this.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Hi there! I've been having an issue lately and I was wondering if anyone had suffered a similar issue. I've been working on my game and didn't encounter this till recently but Whirlwind is broken during wild battles? I've tested a fresh copy of Essentials and Whirlwind works then, but as soon as I download the pack it just stops working completely. Does anyone know how to fix this? I probably missed a step but sometimes I need that direction to find out I made a dumb mistake

View attachment 26903

I would like to report a bug. I keep having this error pop up whenever I enter a trainer battle and they use palafin, specifically as their lead pokemon. I'm not sure what else could be causing this.
Thanks, the next update will fix these error.

Caruban

Cooltrainer

kamikoto

Rookie
Hey. I am new to making pokemon games and downloaded this from following thundaga's tutorial. However, now when I go into battle all pokemon are HUGE. Would anyone here know what the problem would be? The only difference to the thundaga tutorial is that yesterday i downloaded gen 8 but i deleted the file in plugins.

1710689301505.png

1710689348891.png

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Hey. I am new to making pokemon games and downloaded this from following thundaga's tutorial. However, now when I go into battle all pokemon are HUGE. Would anyone here know what the problem would be? The only difference to the thundaga tutorial is that yesterday i downloaded gen 8 but i deleted the file in plugins.

View attachment 27048
View attachment 27049
Have you recompiled the game?

Lucidious89

Champion

View attachment 27048
View attachment 27049
Youre still using the Gen 8 pack sprites instead of the ones provided by this pack.

Lucidious89

Champion
am i? How would i stop that? I dunno how to find the gen 8 stuff. I only found the one in plugins which I deleted
The Gen 8 Pack replaces all of the sprites found in Graphics/Pokemon with sprites that are specifically sized to work with its own pack.

So, if you downloaded the Gen 9 Pack first this means that you replaced all of your default sprites with the Gen 9 Pack sprites (this was good), then you installed the Gen 8 Pack and replaced all of your sprites with the Gen 8 Pack sprites (this was bad). So the solution is just to replace all your sprites again with the ones found in the Gen 9 Pack.

kamikoto

Rookie
I downloaded 8 first and then 9. I thought that would replace everything from gen 8 that I downloaded

Lucidious89

Champion
I downloaded 8 first and then 9. I thought that would replace everything from gen 8 that I downloaded
Well, the only possibilities are:

1) You do not have the right sprites installed.
2) You have the right sprites installed, but still have the Gen 8 Pack installed.

Tacalmo

Rookie
Fantastic resource as always. However, I've noticed an issue where every pokemon from Achaludon onward is floating from both behind and the front like this:
Screenshot (66).png

I'm not using the gen 8 pack
Screenshot (67).png

EDIT: Its not just Archaludon onward, its a bunch of Gen 9 and only Gen 9 pokemon

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Fantastic resource as always. However, I've noticed an issue where every pokemon from Achaludon onward is floating from both behind and the front like this:View attachment 27068
I'm not using the gen 8 packView attachment 27069
EDIT: Its not just Archaludon onward, its a bunch of Gen 9 and only Gen 9 pokemon
Youre using full back sprites with half back sprites metrics.

Tacalmo

Rookie
Youre using full back sprites with half back sprites metrics.
How would I go about changing that? I haven't changed any of the PBS files, and the ones I have are the exact same as the files contained in the download

Edit to add: I took every single file from the gen 9 pack and completely over wrote every pbs file in my game with the ones from the pack, I also replaced every single graphic in my game with the ones from the pack. After removing the gen 8 pack completely, the original issue of the pokemon being way too big went away. I tried using the optional vanilla style backsprites and metrics contained within, but it makes the pokemon too small, it does fix the enemy pokemon's position though:
Screenshot (68).png

I didn't get this in the screenshot, but you can clearly see where the dondozo sprite cuts off as it bobs up and down, the same goes for the Gholdengo sprite, the other I tested, in addition to that one also being very small. I'd prefer to use the base form of the back sprites that the pack offers, however, but regardless, it seems as though the metrics pbs files are not correct. Just out of curiosity, I tried using the base 288x288 back sprite graphics with the metrics file that was included in the "Optional Vanilla Style Sprites" and it fixes both the back sprite being the wrong size, and the opponent pokemon floating, but it still has the problem where the back sprite is floating too high.
Screenshot (71).png

It is absolutely entirely possible that I am just an idiot, I don't know all too much about coding or pbs stuff, but I've been banging my head against a wall and haven't been able to resolve the problem, short of going through all the sprites one by one and manually adjusting their position in battle. Thanks a ton in advance for any help or insight you can offer :)

Last edited:

Chaosmax

Rookie
It is absolutely entirely possible that I am just an idiot, I don't know all too much about coding or pbs stuff, but I've been banging my head against a wall and haven't been able to resolve the problem, short of going through all the sprites one by one and manually adjusting their position in battle. Thanks a ton in advance for any help or insight you can offer :)
You're certainly not an idiot. As I already wrote in this thread, there has been a bug since version 3.2.1. The metric PBSs are incorrect, i.e. the default and vanilla metrics are identical.

If you download version 3.2.0 and use these default metric pbs, it should work. Only the Terapagos terastal form could still be problematic.

Lucidious89

Champion
You're certainly not an idiot. As I already wrote in this thread, there has been a bug since version 3.2.1. The metric PBSs are incorrect, i.e. the default and vanilla metrics are identical.

If you download version 3.2.0 and use these default metric pbs, it should work. Only the Terapagos terastal form could still be problematic.
Might be worth notifying @Caruban of this directly then, in case he skimmed past this.

kamikoto

Rookie
Well, the only possibilities are:

1) You do not have the right sprites installed.
2) You have the right sprites installed, but still have the Gen 8 Pack installed.
I see. So, i check in pokemon files and every pokemon has one spirte (bar actual variations). So, there can''t be any gen 8 here, right? The only files I see with gen 8 are the ones in this picture BUT it also has gen 5 6 and 7 so I'm not sure if I should delete it or not. I guess I'll try to install gen 9 again.
1710878401806.png

KrispyRaccoon

Rookie
When trying to compile the PBS files for the first time I am getting this error, I checked with a friend who has the exact same files and they are not.
image_2024-03-20_223906886.png

Would I have to change each -1 or is this a separate problem?

EDIT: I have tried compiling before starting the game and through the debug menu in-game and I am receiving the same error each way.

Last edited:
Back