• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

thrashmob

Rookie
Did I mess something up during installation? Seems LevelUseMoveCount is not defined.

1707908603426.png

Lucidious89

Champion

Heisatsu

Rookie
UPDATE: Managed to solve this. For whatever reason, holding ctrl while booting wasn't loading up the Gen 9 plugin. Deleting the PluginScripts.rxdata file in the Data folder worked. Everything's compiling correctly now.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm able to boot the game up, but when I go into debug mode and use the Compile Data function, this error pops up.

I've not made any changes to anything yet, just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and the hotfix update today. So for the PBS installation method, I chose to overwrite the original files.

errorlog:
[2024-02-14 15:38:10 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section CLEFABLE, key Moves
-1,POUND,-1,GROWL,-1,SING,-1,DEFENSECURL,-1,SPLASH,-1,SWEETKISS,-1,CHARM,-1,ENCORE,-1,MOONLIGHT,-1,FOLLOWME,-1,COSMICPOWER,-1,GRAVITY,-1,HEALINGWISH,-1,COPYCAT,-1,AFTERYOU,-1,STOREDPOWER,-1,DISARMINGV...

Backtrace:
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:16:in `cast_csv_value'
395:Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:710:in `each'
395:Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:708:in `loop'
395:Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:49:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
395:Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
UPDATE: Managed to solve this. For whatever reason, holding ctrl while booting wasn't loading up the Gen 9 plugin. Deleting the PluginScripts.rxdata file in the Data folder worked. Everything's compiling correctly now.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm able to boot the game up, but when I go into debug mode and use the Compile Data function, this error pops up.

I've not made any changes to anything yet, just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and the hotfix update today. So for the PBS installation method, I chose to overwrite the original files.

errorlog:
[2024-02-14 15:38:10 -0700]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section CLEFABLE, key Moves
-1,POUND,-1,GROWL,-1,SING,-1,DEFENSECURL,-1,SPLASH,-1,SWEETKISS,-1,CHARM,-1,ENCORE,-1,MOONLIGHT,-1,FOLLOWME,-1,COSMICPOWER,-1,GRAVITY,-1,HEALINGWISH,-1,COPYCAT,-1,AFTERYOU,-1,STOREDPOWER,-1,DISARMINGV...

Backtrace:
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:16:in `cast_csv_value'
395:Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:710:in `each'
395:Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
395:Compiler:708:in `loop'
395:Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:49:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
395:Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
Try recompiling prior to entering the game.

Aguadiablo

Novice
Hi, I have downloaded and installed this plugin without using the vanilla graphics. However, now all the Pokémon are floating in battle.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi, I have downloaded and installed this plugin without using the vanilla graphics. However, now all the Pokémon are floating in battle.
Install the metrics provided by the plugin and recompile.

Lucidious89

Champion
Now the opponent's Pokémon are on the ground but the player's Pokémon are beneath the viewable frame.
Because you probably have the Gen 5 style full back sprites, but are using the metrics for the cut-off Gen 4 back sprites. Or vice versa. Follow the installation instructions carefully.

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
I see i put some implations of the scripts and this method by the name of the pbCheckForm was undefined method

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-18 180428.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-18 180428.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 36

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) with a new update entry:

Minor update

Change logs:
  • Added the missing overworld sprites (except Ogerpon tera forms, Archaludon, Terapagos terastal form, and Terapagos stellar form)
  • Fixed discrepancies between the main PBS and the backup PBS (standalone)
  • Fixed error when AI used Spicy Extract
  • Fixed error when player walks and all the pokemon faint
  • Fixed typo in pbCalcDamageMultipliers for "IncreasePowerInSunWeather" move

Read the rest of this update entry...

casthetree

Rookie
I am trying to give a different pokemon the ability multitype, and have it compatible with the legends plate, but this error keeps coming up when the ai is about to use the move
1708901668532.png

EnomicAtom

Developing Project Wisp

ConfuzzledCottonee

Novice
Just installed this on a fresh essentials project, and for some reason the back sprites of the new pokemon are misaligned. I didn't have any other pokemon-specific add-ons this time.

I'm assuming I must be using the wrong metrics file but I'm a bit confused on exactly which one is the right one and where I should put it now. My brain fried.

Things work fine IF I switch them to the vanilla sprites but I like these ones more, so I just want to fix the height.
(EDIT: Also, all gen 5 and earlier sprites look normal at the correct height)

1709666807834.png

Lucidious89

Champion
Just installed this on a fresh essentials project, and for some reason the back sprites of the new pokemon are misaligned. I didn't have any other pokemon-specific add-ons this time.

I'm assuming I must be using the wrong metrics file but I'm a bit confused on exactly which one is the right one and where I should put it now. My brain fried.

Things work fine IF I switch them to the vanilla sprites but I like these ones more, so I just want to fix the height.
(EDIT: Also, all gen 5 and earlier sprites look normal at the correct height)

View attachment 26685
If the vanilla sprites work fine, then that obviously means you installed the metrics for the vanilla sprites, and not the full-body back sprites. So just swap out the metric files for the non-vanilla ones.

Chaosmax

Rookie
If the vanilla sprites work fine, then that obviously means you installed the metrics for the vanilla sprites, and not the full-body back sprites. So just swap out the metric files for the non-vanilla ones.
The Generation 9 Pack v3.2.1 has an error regarding the Metric PBS. The optional and the standard file are exactly the same. v3.2.0 does not have this error.

ConfuzzledCottonee

Novice
The Generation 9 Pack v3.2.1 has an error regarding the Metric PBS. The optional and the standard file are exactly the same. v3.2.0 does not have this error.
Chaosmax might be onto something. I had no issues with the vanilla sprites, sure, but the metric I was originally using was the default one, not the optional one. Even after removing this module and re-installing it and overwriting everything, the problem persists.

EDIT: BTW, thanks Chaosmax for pointing that out. I took the metrics file from my previous project and copied it over (since that was the previous version) and fixed my issue :D

Last edited:
Back