• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

Lucidious89

Champion
  • For any new learners (like me), unzip the .rar file to your game's root folder. (The folder with Game.exe in it).
  • Additionally, you'll want to access the PBS/pokemon_base_Gen_9_Pack file and replace the negative integers. For some reason all the moves learned only from move relearner have a -1 integer, and the game won't let you compile/run it with those integers.
  • I booted up the game, compiled everything, but the Gen 9 mons seem to appear as Question Marks. Are we still waiting on their sprites, perhaps? I see them in the "following mons" folder. But they don't appear in the Pokemon folder itself.
  • Edit: I found where the Gen 9 Pokemon Graphics were (in the OPTIONAL folder). But when I attempted to compile in debug mode, I received this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] Custom Sprite Scales.rb:119:in `compile_pokemon_metrics'
Compiler:995:in `compile_pbs_files'
Compiler:1018:in `compile_all'
Debug_MenuCommands:1341:in `block in <main>'
Event_HandlerCollections:121:in `call'
Debug_Menus:138:in `block in pbDebugMenu'
Debug_Menus:100:in `loop'
Debug_Menus:100:in `pbDebugMenu'
UI_Load:337:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartLoadScreen'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'

I plan to pick up Ruby/basic computer language comprehension, but for now I don't really understand how to troubleshoot this error.
Why are you making assumptions and changing things? The -1's are there for a specific reason. Youre making more work for yourself for no reason.

Also, your error is in relation to the Gen 8 pack, and not this plugin.

YustarRes

Rookie
Why are you making assumptions and changing things? The -1's are there for a specific reason. Youre making more work for yourself for no reason.

Also, your error is in relation to the Gen 8 pack, and not this plugin.
Because when I tried to compile the script, the error was specifically calling out the -1 integers. And when I changed them to 1s, that problem went away.

Lucidious89

Champion
Because when I tried to compile the script, the error was specifically calling out the -1 integers. And when I changed them to 1s, that problem went away.
Then the error was that you installed something incorrectly. The -1's were added for a specific feature to work. You probably had a previous version of the plugin installed and didnt properly uninstall it first before adding the new scripts.

YustarRes

Rookie
Then the error was that you installed something incorrectly. The -1's were added for a specific feature to work. You probably had a previous version of the plugin installed and didnt properly uninstall it first before adding the new scripts.
Yeah, I probably did do something wrong. Yesterday was my first day using Pokemon Essentials ever. I don't think I had a previous version of Generation 9 Resource packed installed, though? Because I downloaded the Gen 8 and Gen 9 pack in succession yesterday for the first time.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
sligthy edited the BM Ursaluna to make it more accurate
URSALUNA_1.png

Juneark

Rookie
Unless I'm misunderstanding something (likely), it seems that the Vanilla PBS files folder for the Gen 9 intended for fresh installers does not actually have the gen 9 moves in the moves.txt. Followed the instructions and I'm also getting errors that involve gen 9 moves not being in the PBS.

I can fix this on my own of course, just figured I'd notify in case.

Correction: None of the files in the vanilla folder seem to have gen 9 data. Just goes up to gen 8.

Lucidious89

Champion
Unless I'm misunderstanding something (likely), it seems that the Vanilla PBS files folder for the Gen 9 intended for fresh installers does not actually have the gen 9 moves in the moves.txt. Followed the instructions and I'm also getting errors that involve gen 9 moves not being in the PBS.

I can fix this on my own of course, just figured I'd notify in case.

Correction: None of the files in the vanilla folder seem to have gen 9 data. Just goes up to gen 8.
Thats why they're labeled vanilla. The purpose of those files is to update all of the existing content in Essentials to their Gen 9 standards, but not to add anything new.

The files containing the new Gen 9 data are contained in the files explicitly labeled "Gen_9_Pack", such as "moves_Gen_9_pack", etc. These files are automatically included upon installation.

Juneark

Rookie
Thats why they're labeled vanilla. The purpose of those files is to update all of the existing content in Essentials to their Gen 9 standards, but not to add anything new.

The files containing the new Gen 9 data are contained in the files explicitly labeled "Gen_9_Pack", such as "moves_Gen_9_pack", etc. These files are automatically included upon installation.
Ah, I see! I did misunderstand then. My apologies.

SuperSpyroDragon64

Cooltrainer
An enemy Trainer's Spinarak used Signal Beam! The game crashed!

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
Move_UsageCalculations:476:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
JasonsNonsense:744:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
[Generation 9 Pack] [001] Battle.rb:325:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
Move_UsageCalculations:273:in `pbCalcDamage'
Battler_UseMove:633:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:625:in `each'
Battler_UseMove:625:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:409:in `block in pbUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:407:in `times'
Battler_UseMove:407:in `pbUseMove'

Not sure why it mentions JasonsNonsense, the only code there that mentions "pbCalcDamageMultipliers" is for buffing wild Pokemon.
class Battle::Move
alias wild_poke_multiplier_calc_damage pbCalcDamageMultipliers
def pbCalcDamageMultipliers(user, target, numTargets, type, baseDmg, multipliers)
if @battle.wildBattle? && !user.pbOwnedByPlayer?
multipliers[:attack_multiplier] *= 2
end
if @battle.wildBattle? && !target.pbOwnedByPlayer?
multipliers[:defense_multiplier] *= 2
end
wild_poke_multiplier_calc_damage(user, target, numTargets, type, baseDmg, multipliers)
end
end

doctorCatster

Rookie
is anyone else missing the pokemon sprites when they download the pack? all i can find in the downloaded packs graphics-wise is the footprints

Lucidious89

Champion
is anyone else missing the pokemon sprites when they download the pack? all i can find in the downloaded packs graphics-wise is the footprints
Read through all of the instructions.

ohhaykfrankk

Rookie
Are the sprites missing? I can't seem to find them. Does anyone know where I can find Gen 6-9 sprites along with hisuian and alolan forms? Thank you!

Lucidious89

Champion
Are the sprites missing? I can't seem to find them. Does anyone know where I can find Gen 6-9 sprites along with hisuian and alolan forms? Thank you!
This pack only contains PLA-Gen 9 sprites. Follow the instructions.
For Gens 6-8, that's what the Gen 8 Pack is for.

Lucidious89

Champion
An enemy Trainer's Spinarak used Signal Beam! The game crashed!

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
Move_UsageCalculations:476:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
JasonsNonsense:744:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
[Generation 9 Pack] [001] Battle.rb:325:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
Move_UsageCalculations:273:in `pbCalcDamage'
Battler_UseMove:633:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:625:in `each'
Battler_UseMove:625:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:409:in `block in pbUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:407:in `times'
Battler_UseMove:407:in `pbUseMove'

Not sure why it mentions JasonsNonsense, the only code there that mentions "pbCalcDamageMultipliers" is for buffing wild Pokemon.
class Battle::Move
alias wild_poke_multiplier_calc_damage pbCalcDamageMultipliers
def pbCalcDamageMultipliers(user, target, numTargets, type, baseDmg, multipliers)
if @battle.wildBattle? && !user.pbOwnedByPlayer?
multipliers[:attack_multiplier] *= 2
end
if @battle.wildBattle? && !target.pbOwnedByPlayer?
multipliers[:defense_multiplier] *= 2
end
wild_poke_multiplier_calc_damage(user, target, numTargets, type, baseDmg, multipliers)
end
end
This error isn't related to the Gen 9 Pack.

Though as far as your custom code goes, I would use user.wild? and target.wild? to check for wild battlers, respectively. Your method seems like it could potentially leave gaps open for errors. Idk if that's what this error report is about, but it's worth tweaking nonetheless.

ConfuzzledCottonee

Novice
Yeah, I probably did do something wrong. Yesterday was my first day using Pokemon Essentials ever. I don't think I had a previous version of Generation 9 Resource packed installed, though? Because I downloaded the Gen 8 and Gen 9 pack in succession yesterday for the first time.
Have you figured that out?
I'm super-new myself (started today) and I'm fairly sure I followed the instructions for the gen 8 pack's V21 version, and that all worked 100% (no compile errors, crashes, etc). The instructions for this pack are much simpler by comparison and yet I'm getting the compile error. I've no idea what I did wrong and/or how to fix it. I just keep getting the compile error about uh...Let's copy it...

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon_base_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section MEOWSCARADA, key Moves
-1,DOUBLETEAM,-1,TRICK,0,FLOWERTRICK,1,LEAFAGE,1,TAILWHIP,1,SCRATCH,7,BITE,10,HONECLAWS,13,MAGICALLEAF,15,QUICKATTACK,20,SEEDBOMB,24,UTURN,29,WORRYSEED,33,SLASH,38,NIGHTSLASH,42,ENERGYBALL,47,PLAYROUG...

Backtrace:
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:16:in `cast_csv_value'
Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
Compiler:710:in `each'
Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
Compiler:708:in `loop'
Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
Compiler_CompilePBS:49:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I only found footprints, no other sprites. I followed the instructions.
Theres a whole section in the instructions dedicated to the Optional files related to sprites.

Lucidious89

Champion
Have you figured that out?
I'm super-new myself (started today) and I'm fairly sure I followed the instructions for the gen 8 pack's V21 version, and that all worked 100% (no compile errors, crashes, etc). The instructions for this pack are much simpler by comparison and yet I'm getting the compile error. I've no idea what I did wrong and/or how to fix it. I just keep getting the compile error about uh...Let's copy it...

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon_base_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section MEOWSCARADA, key Moves
-1,DOUBLETEAM,-1,TRICK,0,FLOWERTRICK,1,LEAFAGE,1,TAILWHIP,1,SCRATCH,7,BITE,10,HONECLAWS,13,MAGICALLEAF,15,QUICKATTACK,20,SEEDBOMB,24,UTURN,29,WORRYSEED,33,SLASH,38,NIGHTSLASH,42,ENERGYBALL,47,PLAYROUG...

Backtrace:
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Compiler bug fixes.rb:16:in `cast_csv_value'
Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
Compiler:710:in `each'
Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
Compiler:708:in `loop'
Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
Compiler_CompilePBS:49:in `block (4 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `each_key'
Compiler_CompilePBS:31:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
You either didnt install the Gen 9 scripts, or they have yet to be recognized by your game. Manually recompile.

ConfuzzledCottonee

Novice
You either didnt install the Gen 9 scripts, or they have yet to be recognized by your game. Manually recompile.
I mean, I took the zip, I put it in the root folder, extracted. All the contents extracted without error. I try to manually recompile (holding CTRL on bootup right?) and I keep getting the same error.

Back