• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

CarlosPR

Novice
Found in previous replies and I succeeded.

Fix with
# Added Mind's Eye
alias paldea_effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type
def effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type(type, defend_type, user = nil)
ret = paldea_effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type(type, defend_type, user)
if Effectiveness.ineffective_type?(type, defend_type)
if user&.has_active_ability?(:MINDSEYE) && defend_type == :GHOST
ret = Effectiveness::NORMAL_EFFECTIVE_MULTIPLIER
end
end
return ret
end
thanks it's working now

Lucidious89

Champion

Ozander

Ozander
Found in previous replies and I succeeded.

Fix with
# Added Mind's Eye
alias paldea_effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type
def effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type(type, defend_type, user = nil)
ret = paldea_effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type(type, defend_type, user)
if Effectiveness.ineffective_type?(type, defend_type)
end
end
return ret
end
Where I should add that?

Volt_The_Pikachu

The Voltiest Pikachu Ever
hold up...so if ogerpon's tera mask forms are in it. how do you activate it without the tera plugin???

Lucidious89

Champion
hold up...so if ogerpon's tera mask forms are in it. how do you activate it without the tera plugin???
You don't. They're just there for when the Tera plugin does come out.

Ozander

Ozander
Generation 9 Pack Scripts\[002]Battle_AI\[000]Battle_AI.rb line 513.
Battle_AI:
  # Added Mind's Eye
    ret = effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type(type, defend_type, user)
    if Effectiveness.ineffective_type?(moveType, defType)
      end
    end
    return ret
  end

I've found that in code, It was in this line already.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Battle_AI:
  # Added Mind's Eye
    ret = effectiveness_of_type_against_single_battler_type(type, defend_type, user)
    if Effectiveness.ineffective_type?(moveType, defType)
      end
    end
    return ret
  end

I've found that in code, It was in this line already.
Actually, not add but change. There are some differences which are bolded.

DiabeticKingBoo

Rookie
This error pops up when I am trying to test a trainer battle, It pops up every time I select a move

Attachments

• 1698636150497.png
    1698636150497.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 71

Caruban

Cooltrainer

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
For those the guys wanted an DLC for V20 just port the files and copy the dlc moves, items, abilities, and Pokémon for porting the games if you don’t want V21

Jedahjony

Novice
Hello! I've updated my folder of move animations and have added an animation for Ceaseless Edge, Infernal Parade, Lunar Blessing, Mystical Power and Power Shift. I have also brought my other PLA move animations from the different link over to that file so everything I have created can now be found in one place.
Would be great if you share it, i miss many moves and no idea where i can find them 😅😅😅

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
Here's an Syrup Bomb Animation for Teal Mask: i'm too lazy to do an shiny move animation.

dragonstalker21

Rookie
Everytime I try to compile the pbs files, I get this error.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Script error in event 9 (coords 13,22), map 33 (MAP033)
Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/Gen 9 backup/Auto-Updates/pokemon.txt, section EKANS, key TutorMoves
TAKEDOWN,MUDSLAP,SCARYFACE,PROTECT,FIREFANG,ACIDSPRAY,THIEF,TRAILBLAZE,FACADE,POISONTAIL,SNARL,MUDSHOT,ROCKTOMB,VENOSHOCK,ENDURE,SUNNYDAY,RAINDANCE,DIG,PSYCHICFANGS,SLEEPTALK,SEEDBOMB,POISONJAB,REST,R...

***Full script:
Compiler.update_gen9

Backtrace:
Compiler:454:in `checkEnumField'
[v21.1 Hotfixes] Misc bug fixes.rb:257:in `cast_csv_value'
Compiler:724:in `block (2 levels) in get_csv_record'
Compiler:710:in `each'
Compiler:710:in `block in get_csv_record'
Compiler:708:in `loop'
Compiler:708:in `get_csv_record'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] PBS Updater.rb:67:in `block (4 levels) in update_gen9'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] PBS Updater.rb:49:in `each_key'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] PBS Updater.rb:49:in `block (3 levels) in update_gen9'

YustarRes

Rookie
  • For any new learners (like me), unzip the .rar file to your game's root folder. (The folder with Game.exe in it).
  • Additionally, you'll want to access the PBS/pokemon_base_Gen_9_Pack file and replace the negative integers. For some reason all the moves learned only from move relearner have a -1 integer, and the game won't let you compile/run it with those integers.
  • I booted up the game, compiled everything, but the Gen 9 mons seem to appear as Question Marks. Are we still waiting on their sprites, perhaps? I see them in the "following mons" folder. But they don't appear in the Pokemon folder itself.
  • Edit: I found where the Gen 9 Pokemon Graphics were (in the OPTIONAL folder). But when I attempted to compile in debug mode, I received this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
[Generation 8 Pack Scripts] Custom Sprite Scales.rb:119:in `compile_pokemon_metrics'
Compiler:995:in `compile_pbs_files'
Compiler:1018:in `compile_all'
Debug_MenuCommands:1341:in `block in <main>'
Event_HandlerCollections:121:in `call'
Debug_Menus:138:in `block in pbDebugMenu'
Debug_Menus:100:in `loop'
Debug_Menus:100:in `pbDebugMenu'
UI_Load:337:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartLoadScreen'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'

I plan to pick up Ruby/basic computer language comprehension, but for now I don't really understand how to troubleshoot this error.

Last edited:
Back