• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I meant all mons, not just the gen 9 ones. It doesn't load in the missing Sprite icon, it just lags for half a second and then loads in nothing. I tried it with a clean version (well with the hotfixes) and it only happened after I installed this plugin
Ah.. Its because all of the Pokemon battler sprites are smaller (96 x 96 px) than the vanilla (160 x 160 px), you'll need to install the Generation 8 Pack before this script. but if you only need the Gen 9 files, you can resize all the battler sprites twice, install all the files (except pokemon_metric.txt in PBS), and reposition the battler sprites.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack (WIP, SPOILERS) with a new update entry:

Update 0.8

Change logs :
# Fixing Libero and Protean from only once per battle to once per switch in
# Fixing Wave Crash, Chloroblast, Headlong Rush, Psyshield Bash, Mystical Power, Victory Dance, Shelter, and Take Heart additional effect chances
# Fixing Squawkabilly PBS data and files
# Fixing Nymble and Lokix front sprite typo
# Update PLA pokemon and forms moveset to gen 9
# Update basculin evolution to receive recoil damage without fainting
# Maushold now skip the evolution scene if it level up...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thobov

Novice

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Your progress on this pack is terrific! Please continue your efforts.

Just a quick question, the script outputs an error on startup saying it misses the plugin "Battle Roulette" to run but I cannot find that plugin at Relic Castle. Do you know where I can get that?

Regards,
Thomas
Sorry about that, I reuploaded the script.

KRLW890

The Beast
Hey, I'm noticing that an error comes up whenever a Pokemon faints to Rocky Helmet damage in relation to what appears to be an evolution method in this plug-in. It doesn't crash the game, or have any negative effects as far as I've noticed, but it's probably good to check it out and see what's going on. I imagine that there's something trying to check the attacking Pokemon after it uses a move, only to find it doesn't exist anymore; if that's the case, other passive damage like Rough Skin, moves with recoil, etc., might also trigger this. I will note that I'm still on v0.7 of this pack, though, so maybe you've already fixed it.

Here's the error message. I've received it twice, and in both cases, an opponent used a contact move at low health into a target with Rocky Helmet, and then fainted from the recoil.

[2022-12-18 11:46:00 -0600]
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[Generation 9 Pack] New_Evolution_Method.rb:165:in `pbSetDefeated'
170:Battler_ChangeSelf:72:in `pbFaint'
[Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:488:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
[Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:488:in `each'
[Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:488:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
[Generation 9 Pack] Ability Shield Changes.rb:727:in `block in pbUseMove'
[Generation 9 Pack] Ability Shield Changes.rb:725:in `times'
[Generation 9 Pack] Ability Shield Changes.rb:725:in `pbUseMove'
[Generation 9 Pack] New_Evolution_Method.rb:146:in `pbUseMove'
174:Battler_UseMove:52:in `block in pbProcessTurn'

Leafeon

Rookie
Ah.. Its because all of the Pokemon battler sprites are smaller (96 x 96 px) than the vanilla (160 x 160 px), you'll need to install the Generation 8 Pack before this script. but if you only need the Gen 9 files, you can resize all the battler sprites twice, install all the files (except pokemon_metric.txt in PBS), and reposition the battler sprites.
thank you!

Nathan-MV

Rookie
Can you update with the held items sprites?

alcor

Rookie
As I update my pokemon.pbs file with yours, I noticed you did not change the base exp for the PLA pokemon according to FL's gen 9 base exp.
Awesome pack, and was a good amount of completeness even few days after the game release.

Base Exp is missing. A list with gen 9 base exp.

Do you have plans to add it into base Essentials? I can guide you to do a pull request at Essentials project if you want.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Hello! When attempting to evolve Bisharp I receive this error message right before the evolution screen is supposed to show up. This error occurs on both the 0.7 and 0.8 versions of the script, but downgrading to the 0.6 version of the New_Evolution_Method.rb works.
image.png

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack (WIP, SPOILERS) with a new update entry:

Complete the front and icon sprites

Change logs:
# Adding Fidough, Dachsbun, Naclstack, Pawmi, Pawmo, Pawmot, Sprigatito, Floragato, Meowscarada, Fuecoco, Crocalor, Skeledirge, Quaxly, Quaxwell, Quaquaval,Maschiff, Wattrel, Kilowattrel back sprites
# Adding Pawmo and Naclstack front sprites
# Adding Pawmot front sprites by jinxed
# Adding Vinizen, Tauroses front sprites by KingOfThe-X-Roads
# Adding Tera Orb, Rotom Phone, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls sprites by Iichenprincess...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Astralneko

Novice
Seems you've forgotten the Water Tera Shard. I can easily make a sprite by simply colorizing one of the existing ones, but just wanted to let you know so you can add in one next time you update.

sircam

Rookie
can someone explain how i can download this into my pokemon essentials files please :)

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
Hi. In the spanish community we are creating a big drive with every gen 9 sprite, and I want to share it with you. We have added some of the sprites in this thread to our project with its respective credits, so I wanted to tell you so that you can add to this thread those sprites we have that you don't.

Regards!

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi. In the spanish community we are creating a big drive with every gen 9 sprite, and I want to share it with you. We have added some of the sprites in this thread to our project with its respective credits, so I wanted to tell you so that you can add to this thread those sprites we have that you don't.

Regards!

Increíble material. Gracias por compartir!

Back