• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Badgecase 2022-11-12

PopeBrandonBrownson

The Popemon Guy
Hey there, sorry if this is a rookie question but I've looked through the posts here and I don't think I've found a solution for this. I keep running into this error whenever I try to give a badge to the player after a battle. Sorry if I'm just being silly here, this is my first time messing around with a plugin

Attachments

• error 1.png
    error 1.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 105

LinKazamine

Champion
This is the event I have to test giving out badges and it works. The plugin also updates the default badges count so the player can use MO (I say this because of the $player.badges[0] = true line in your script). Don't know about the $stats.set_time_to_badge(0)
1689970797557.png

PopeBrandonBrownson

The Popemon Guy
This is the event I have to test giving out badges and it works. The plugin also updates the default badges count so the player can use MO (I say this because of the $player.badges[0] = true line in your script). Don't know about the $stats.set_time_to_badge(0)
View attachment 19298
Unfortunately I'm still having issues >.<

Attachments

• error 2.png
    error 2.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 86

LinKazamine

Champion
Mmm... Do you have Luka's Scripting Utilities installed in the game? The meta file of this plugin doesn't have the "requires" field for that but the plugin NEEDS that one to work. I was getting a similar error log without it installed so I'm assuming that may be the cause.

PopeBrandonBrownson

The Popemon Guy
I have the most recent version available on his site (3.3.2) but when I boot the game in debug I do get this thing that pops up. Should I be going to another site to get a more recent version? The Time of Day plugin has the same thing pop up, but it works just fine.

Attachments

• error 3.png
    error 3.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 88

LinKazamine

Champion
The message is expected. Luka's plugin was made for v19, not v20.1. It still works, though. Like I said, the badge thing works for me when Luka's script is installed. What I see is that you have an older version of the Badge Case plugin since I have version 2.1. Try updating the plugin. Not sure if that could cause that error but worth trying. If not, maybe check if it's a compatibility error with any of your plugins or something.

PopeBrandonBrownson

The Popemon Guy
I looked through all the meta files for my plugins and didn't see any compatibility errors. I updated the badge case and now I'm getting this whenever I try to fight the gym leader. Sorry for all the issues but I do appreciate your help!

Attachments

• error 4.png
    error 4.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 84

LinKazamine

Champion
The compatibility errors aren't detected by looking at the meta files. There are countless plugins out there, and coders can't just check which of those plugins are incompatible with theirs to add it to the meta. You have to check this yourself by taking away the plugins and putting them back in increments.

Respect your new error. I see it says that the error is related to giving 0 arguments, but from what I see, it looks the same that other functioning trainer battles and it doesn't seem related to this plugin. I'm supposing you added the code to give a badge in the event. Does the error keep happening if you take that away? If so, maybe pass an image of the event to see where could be the error.

PopeBrandonBrownson

The Popemon Guy
I removed the pbgetbadge that happens at the end of that battle and it still does the same thing. How much of a hassle is it to remove this plugin once it's been put in? I'm starting to think that maybe I should revisit this plugin once I've gotten a better understanding of Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP

LinKazamine

Champion
If the error keeps happening even when you take away the pbgetbadge, then I don't think the error is because of this script. Just because a plugin appears in the backlog doesn't mean that they are the cause of the error.

I would suggest posting your question elsewhere with the error log and an image of the event to see if someone can help? I mean, since it seems that this plugin doesn't cause it, it's best to take the problem elsewhere.

blooeysnake

Novice
Is there a way to have it display an alternate form in the badgecase pokemon picture

Vernon444

Rookie
Howdy! I'm having some issues using the badge case with any Gigantamaxing (Using ZUD Plugin). I can do one or the other just fine, but when I combine the two I get this popup when I try to Gigantamax (see Capture.PNG). I tried flipping through some of the code (though Im not a pro in Ruby, I've got some experience in C, C++, etc) and didn't see anything that would appear to conflict. This only happens when Gigantamaxing and would prefer to keep that as a feature in our game. Any suggestions or pointers to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 85

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.2]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
UI_PauseMenu:329:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:328:in `block in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:54:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:222:in `block in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `loop'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:297:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:288:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:122:in `call_menu'

Lucidious89

Champion
Howdy! I'm having some issues using the badge case with any Gigantamaxing (Using ZUD Plugin). I can do one or the other just fine, but when I combine the two I get this popup when I try to Gigantamax (see Capture.PNG). I tried flipping through some of the code (though Im not a pro in Ruby, I've got some experience in C, C++, etc) and didn't see anything that would appear to conflict. This only happens when Gigantamaxing and would prefer to keep that as a feature in our game. Any suggestions or pointers to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.
This plugin isn't compatible with ZUD. I've alerted the author about this issue quite some time ago, but they may have moved on from this because it seems like they never got around to releasing the fix.

roei110

Trainer
roei110 updated Badgecase with a new update entry:

Updated For v21.1

Made the following changes:
  • The plugin is now compatible with v21.1
  • The plugin shouldn't clash with other plugins (like the ZUD) anymore, respond if it's still problematic
  • I've changed a lot the UI to look better and more relevant for a Pokemon game, you can see how it looks in the example pictures section
Once again, if you find any bug - please report and I'll fix it!

Read the rest of this update entry...

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, I installed the plugin and (after changing a line to make it work in 20.1) this error pops up when I open the badge case.
1696363523841.png

I downloaded the file twice to see if the file was missing the first time because of an error of mega or something but the file wasn't there.

roei110

Trainer
Well, I installed the plugin and (after changing a line to make it work in 20.1) this error pops up when I open the badge case.
View attachment 21696

I downloaded the file twice to see if the file was missing the first time because of an error of mega or something but the file wasn't there.
My bad... Fixed it!
If you don't want to download it again, you can manually change it from "base" to "badgeinfobg" (twice on Plugins/Badge Case/Badgecase_UI)

BubbleMage

Novice
1696493447079.png

i just updated the plugin and this happens... that's weird? it crashes while compiling the game by the way

LinKazamine

Champion
That is why I said I had to change a line for it to work in 20.1 since this plugin is now for 21.1.

If you want this to work on 20.1, you have to change line 120 in Badgecase_PBS back to value = Compiler.pbGetCsvRecord(contents[key], key, schema[key]) (that is what was changed to get_csv_record in 21.1[/ICODE]).

Additionally, you will have to search for all the :left, :right and :center in the plugins (I think it's only on Badgecase_UI) and change them to 0, 1 and 2 respectively (or you could add left = 0, right = 1 and center = 2 and simply delete the ":" on the text position. If you don't, the text position on the badge page (the one with info of the badge) will be off.

Something like that (it doesn't show all the cases where you will have to change it):
1696493979388.png

BubbleMage

Novice
That is why I said I had to change a line for it to work in 20.1 since this plugin is now for 21.1.

If you want this to work on 20.1, you have to change line 120 in Badgecase_PBS back to value = Compiler.pbGetCsvRecord(contents[key], key, schema[key]) (that is what was changed to get_csv_record in 21.1[/ICODE]).

Additionally, you will have to search for all the :left, :right and :center in the plugins (I think it's only on Badgecase_UI) and change them to 0, 1 and 2 respectively (or you could add left = 0, right = 1 and center = 2 and simply delete the ":" on the text position. If you don't, the text position on the badge page (the one with info of the badge) will be off.

Something like that (it doesn't show all the cases where you will have to change it):
View attachment 21719
same error :SS
1696498752384.png

Back