• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Badgecase 2022-11-12

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Hello again! Everything works fine now, but i think that i've detected a bug. The option: BADGE_NAME_ALWAYS, didn't work for me, even if its true or false, which it is supposed to be false like the location option thing to work the way it should. I even start new games to see if the save game was a problem, which is not.

ChampChar110

Trainer
Hello again! Everything works fine now, but i think that i've detected a bug. The option: BADGE_NAME_ALWAYS, didn't work for me, even if its true or false, which it is supposed to be false like the location option thing to work the way it should. I even start new games to see if the save game was a problem, which is not.
I think I had a problem when I uploaded it.
Please try downloading again and keep me updated if now it's working or not.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I've got good news. I downloaded it again and now its fixed. Thx for the plugin + fixes. I didn't detected any more problems, so i think that everything seems to work nice.^^

ChampChar110

Trainer
roei110 updated Badgecase with a new update entry:

Badgecase 2.0

There are some changes:
  • Added a function $player.badge_max to get the max number of badges the player can obtain
  • The function pbGetBadge(badge) now uses the badge ID instead of the index (ID is defined in Badgecase_Badges)
  • Easy and clear Badgecase_Badges page for you to write all of your badges
  • Little UI change- All the obtained badges will be first
  • Changed the whole backend and storage of the script

Read the rest of this update entry...

GGGRUI

Rookie
Badgecase needs the support of Luka's Scripting Utilities, but Luka's Scripting Utilities shows that only Pok é mon Essentials v19.1 is supported. How can you use your Badgecase in V20.1? Sorry, I haven't tried to install it yet, I'm just expressing my question
Sorry, my English is not good. Please forgive me for any grammar mistakes

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Badgecase needs the support of Luka's Scripting Utilities, but Luka's Scripting Utilities shows that only Pok é mon Essentials v19.1 is supported. How can you use your Badgecase in V20.1? Sorry, I haven't tried to install it yet, I'm just expressing my question
Sorry, my English is not good. Please forgive me for any grammar mistakes
Luka utilities still works with v20.1

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I'm getting a problem with the new update. I put this on an event: pbGetBadge(BOULDERBADGE) and it gets a name error. The graphics name is the same and in the ID is this way too:
{
:ID => "BOULDERBADGE",
:NAME => "Boulder Badge",
:TYPE => "Rock",
:LEADERNAME => "Brock",
:LOCATION => "Pewter City",
:ACEPOKEMON => "ONIX",
:LEADERSPRITE => "GYMLEADER_BROCK"
},
And i've add this at the intro: addAllBadge in a script call. The rest is working fine.

GGGRUI

Rookie
Luka's Scripting Utilities (ver. 3.3.2)
Voltseon's Pause Menu (ver. 1.8)
pokemon Essentials v20.1

When I open Badgecase in Pause Menu
02.png

Attachments

• Badgecase.png
    Badgecase.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 01.png
    01.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 104

ChampChar110

Trainer
I'm getting a problem with the new update. I put this on an event: pbGetBadge(BOULDERBADGE) and it gets a name error. The graphics name is the same and in the ID is this way too:
{
:ID => "BOULDERBADGE",
:NAME => "Boulder Badge",
:TYPE => "Rock",
:LEADERNAME => "Brock",
:LOCATION => "Pewter City",
:ACEPOKEMON => "ONIX",
:LEADERSPRITE => "GYMLEADER_BROCK"
},
And i've add this at the intro: addAllBadge in a script call. The rest is working fine.
Try pbGetBadge("BOULDERBADGE") with "

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
pokemon Essentials v20.1

View attachment 13860
When i was testing for the first time i've got the same problem, but if you read carefully the main post of the plugin, where it says how to install it, he/she said, that we must put a script call in the intro event, so the script can begin working properly. In the script call post this: addAllBadge Then, when you open the badge case it will work.

EDIT: roei110 if we call the script: pbGetBadge("BOULDERBADGE"), with the " in an event it works, but if we trigger this first: addAllBadge. Otherwise it will give us the errors. Please, update your main thread, this part pbGetBadge(badge) into pbGetBadge("badge"), so people can know how exactly to call it in events. The rest is working fine.
By the way, i noticed that the badges will not be listed by order, they will be listed "randomly" for ex: the first badge is boulder badge in my game, but if i "obtain" the volcano badge first, this will be the first badge in the badges case, so I'm guessing that the order of the badges doesn't matter now, am i correct?

Last edited:

ChampChar110

Trainer
When i was testing for the first time i've got the same problem, but if you read carefully the main post of the plugin, where it says how to install it, he/she said, that we must put a script call in the intro event, so the script can begin working properly. In the script call post this: addAllBadge Then, when you open the badge case it will work.

EDIT: roei110 if we call the script: pbGetBadge("BOULDERBADGE"), with the " in an event it works, but if we trigger this first: addAllBadge. Otherwise it will give us the errors. Please, update your main thread, this part pbGetBadge(badge) into pbGetBadge("badge"), so people can know how exactly to call it in events. The rest is working fine.
By the way, i noticed that the badges will not be listed by order, they will be listed "randomly" for ex: the first badge is boulder badge in my game, but if i "obtain" the volcano badge first, this will be the first badge in the badges case, so I'm guessing that the order of the badges doesn't matter now, am i correct?
Changed it, as you suggested.

About the order- All obtained badges will show first by their obtained order, the rest will show after by their order on Badgecase_Badges. This is one of the changes noted in the update entry.

pokemon Essentials v20.1

View attachment 13860
As Richard PT replied, try adding addAllBadge script call on your intro (or anywhere before opening badgecase/getting first badge).

For now, I didn't find where to add it to the code so you won't need to call this.

Savage7590

Novice
Hello, I really like this resource though I'm having issues with it on v19.1. I have Luka's Scripting Utilities (v3.3.2), Voltseon's Pause Menu also with the addition you recommended to make a shortcut on there as well as following the steps you provided. Here is the error I'm getting when I first go to play the game in debug. Any chance can help me in what I may need to change?
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
008:PluginManager:182:in `sort'
008:PluginManager:182:in `register'
008:PluginManager:694:in `block in runPlugins'
008:PluginManager:690:in `each'
008:PluginManager:690:in `runPlugins'
378:Main:27:in `mainFunctionDebug'
378:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
378:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
378:Main:44:in `block in <main>'

TheProtato923

Rookie
Hi, I love this plugin! Is there anyway to compile a specific amount of badges? I would like to initially only compile 8 and then compile another 8 for a post game region.

ChampChar110

Trainer
Hello, I really like this resource though I'm having issues with it on v19.1. I have Luka's Scripting Utilities (v3.3.2), Voltseon's Pause Menu also with the addition you recommended to make a shortcut on there as well as following the steps you provided. Here is the error I'm getting when I first go to play the game in debug. Any chance can help me in what I may need to change?
I don't know about v19.1, so I can't help you :(

Hi, I love this plugin! Is there anyway to compile a specific amount of badges? I would like to initially only compile 8 and then compile another 8 for a post game region.
Yes! Instead of using addAllBadge, you could add every badge you want manually, and whenever you want. You have a function:
addBadge(badge)
badge should be replaced with Badges::BADGES[index]
index should be replaced with the index number of the wanted badge on the badges file (0 is the first).

You can add 8 now, and then add 8 later.

Last edited:

TheProtato923

Rookie
I don't know about v19.1, so I can't help you :(

Yes! Instead of using addAllBadge, you could add every badge you want manually, and whenever you want. You have a function:
addBadge(badge)
badge should be replaced with Badges::BADGES[index]
index should be replaced with the index number of the wanted badge on the badges file (0 is the first).

You can add 8 now, and then add 8 later.
Thanks so much!

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
Hey I changed some data for my second badge but I can't seem to refresh the display. Does addAllBadge not update previously defined badges with new information? Also, it seems like I can't uninstall the plugin without the save breaking since it seems to modify the badge count save value?

ChampChar110

Trainer
Hey I changed some data for my second badge but I can't seem to refresh the display. Does addAllBadge not update previously defined badges with new information? Also, it seems like I can't uninstall the plugin without the save breaking since it seems to modify the badge count save value?
No, it can't refresh right now.
Yes, the plugin does change the badge_count, so you'll have to start your save again.

I can add an option to refresh the data if you want.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
No, it can't refresh right now.
Yes, the plugin does change the badge_count, so you'll have to start your save again.

I can add an option to refresh the data if you want.
Yes please! I would appreciate it. ☺️

ChampChar110

Trainer
roei110 updated Badgecase with a new update entry:

Another Update :)

Made the following changes:
  • You can now choose if you want the badges to be shown as themself but black (while not obtained) or as the basic unobtained badge. You can change BADGE_BLACK) on Badgecase_Config.rb
  • You can now update your badges, and you have a function called updateAllBadge to update all of your badges by the Badgecase_Badges list
  • I added the option to add an order for your badges, so they will be shown in order. Just go to Badgecase_Badges and add an order to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you can send some in-game pictures of the plugin being used, I'll add them to the examples section :)

Back