• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [Obsolete] wrigty12's much less exciting and less robust Terastal Phenomenon 1.4.3

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
How
How about with EBDX compatible soon?
Yep, that's at the top of the list ^_^ I might consider reworking the entire thing from scratch with that compatibility in mind, which is why I haven't found the chunk of time to do all that yet

EDIT: Oh woops, I meant ZUD. I have no plans to support EBDX, and it sounds like since it's not available in v20 anyway, that remains true

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
Thanks for your workI would be really grateful for an update with ZUD compatibility - I tried to tinker it myself and managed to make it show the tera button, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work so I can actually select the button :(

Lucidious89

Champion
Thanks for your workI would be really grateful for an update with ZUD compatibility - I tried to tinker it myself and managed to make it show the tera button, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work so I can actually select the button :(
All that stuff is handled in the Essentials Deluxe plugin, and tbh I don't recommend messing with it unless you're confident with what youre doing.

Not to mention i often edit those scripts with pretty much every update I release, since so many of my plugins rely on those scripts.

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
All that stuff is handled in the Essentials Deluxe plugin, and tbh I don't recommend messing with it unless you're confident with what youre doing.

Not to mention i often edit those scripts with pretty much every update I release, since so many of my plugins rely on those scripts.
Oh yes you are right, that was the one I was trying to edit - pretty sure I didnt break anything, but I definitely did not fix anything either haha :)

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated [Beta] Terastal Phenomenon with a new update entry:

Update 1.2 - ZUD Compatibility and experimental coloring

Thanks to Lucidious89's hard work and latest update, I now have added compatibility with Essentials Deluxe/ZUD Mechanics! I didn't try out all permutations, so I'm expecting there to be bugs out there; let me know and I can investigate how to further make my code compatible.

Also added an experimental setting to color a Pokemon's sprite in battle if Terastalized, based on their Tera Type. It's visually glitchy during animations, which I'm looking into how to properly solve that.

Read the rest of this update entry...

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
Awesome update! Now works very well with ZUD! I think there is a little room for improvement when using it together with Dynamax (currently, there will only be one button indicating the Terastallize action, however using it will Dynamax AND Terastallize), but for a beta tool this is great now!
When testing the ColorEffects setting, I encountered this error - it happened when my opponent dynamaxed and used Max Guard.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[ScarletVioletGimmick_TDW] 006_ColorEffects.rb:180:in `pbAnimationCore'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:505:in `block in pbAnimation'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:401:in `pbSaveShadows'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:501:in `pbAnimation'
147:Battle:838:in `pbAnimation'
173:Move_Usage:69:in `pbShowAnimation'
166:Battler_UseMove:639:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
166:Battler_UseMove:407:in `block in pbUseMove'
166:Battler_UseMove:405:in `times'
166:Battler_UseMove:405:in `pbUseMove'

Thanks again for your awesome work!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Awesome update! Now works very well with ZUD! I think there is a little room for improvement when using it together with Dynamax (currently, there will only be one button indicating the Terastallize action, however using it will Dynamax AND Terastallize), but for a beta tool this is great now!
When testing the ColorEffects setting, I encountered this error - it happened when my opponent dynamaxed and used Max Guard.

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

Interesting. I haven't played with the dynamax stuff at all so it doesn't surprise me there's something there, especially since the dynamax stuff already changes the sprites color.

@Lucidious89 do you think the fact that the one button does both Terrastallization (the Custom commands) and Dynamaxes is something with your code? Or is there something I need to implement on the custom functions side?

Lucidious89

Champion
Interesting. I haven't played with the dynamax stuff at all so it doesn't surprise me there's something there, especially since the dynamax stuff already changes the sprites color.

@Lucidious89 do you think the fact that the one button does both Terrastallization (the Custom commands) and Dynamaxes is something with your code? Or is there something I need to implement on the custom functions side?
It does both because pbCanTerastallize? doesn't return false if the Pokemon also meets all the requirements to Dynamax (or Ultra Burst or Z-Move, or enter a Battle Style for that matter). It's really more of a matter of which mechanic you want to have priority over another. With the way I structured ZUD, Ultra Burst has the highest priority, followed by Z-Moves, then Megas, then Dynamax. If you don't include checks like "don't Dynamax if both Dynamax and Terrastallization are available at the same time", then both mechanics will trigger simultaneously regardless of which button is displayed. You can see how I set this up in ZUD Mechanics/[004] Battle_Battler/Battler.

So, it's basically up to you how to design the priority order of the mechanics. Considering Terrastallization is something that is available at all times (that we know of) simply if the Pokemon has a Terra Type, then I would probably make it so that it has lower priority than Megas and all the ZUD Mechanics. Mostly since all of those mechanics are something that must be deliberately prepared for by the player, whether it be by equipping certain items, or meeting specific location conditions in the case of Dynamax. So it would be annoying if you built an entire set for a Pokemon to use a Z-Move, but the option to Z-Move isn't ever available because the Pokemon also meets the Terrastalization requirements and it takes priority over everything else. Then you also have to consider other plugins that add button-triggered battle mechanics, such as the Strong/Agile styles added by my PLA Battle Styles plugin, or the Zodiac Powers added by my yet-to-be-released Pokemon Birthsigns plugin.

I'm not entirely sure what the color error is about, but ZUD does overwrite the entire pbAnimationCore method in ZUD Mechanics/[005] Battle_Scene/Scene, so I imagine there's probably some conflict occurring if your script also edits this function.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Thanks for looking into that! I'll play around with it this weekend

Toxillian

Novice
I might be doing something wrong, but whenever I download this plugin I'm unable to terastallize. The functionality is definitely there as I can force it through Debug but whenever I enter battle the cursor to activate it never shows up.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I might be doing something wrong, but whenever I download this plugin I'm unable to terastallize. The functionality is definitely there as I can force it through Debug but whenever I enter battle the cursor to activate it never shows up.
There are a couple things that could cause this:
1) Did you add the Tera Orb Item, and do you have it in your Bag? See "Items" in the Readme
2) Is TERA_ITEM_GENERATE still set to True (is True by default)? If so, you need to make sure you have 100 Tera Energy. See "Manipulating Tera Energy" in the Readme
3) Is the switch associated with TERA_ITEM_ENABLED_SWITCH set to True (is 64 by default)?

Toxillian

Novice
There are a couple things that could cause this:
1) Did you add the Tera Orb Item, and do you have it in your Bag? See "Items" in the Readme
2) Is TERA_ITEM_GENERATE still set to True (is True by default)? If so, you need to make sure you have 100 Tera Energy. See "Manipulating Tera Energy" in the Readme
3) Is the switch associated with TERA_ITEM_ENABLED_SWITCH set to True (is 64 by default)?
#3 was the reason lol, I thought the switch was to deactivate Terastallizing, not activate it. That'll teach me to read more carefully, lol. Thanks!

PokémonHeroine90

Being, autistic, furry and misophonic since 1990
How about if you would make an event that gives you a Pokemon with a different tera type instead?

PorousMist

Novice

[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:

I get this same exact error, but when an opponent was using a move like Growth

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
I'm having a very similar error
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[ScarletVioletGimmick_TDW] 006_ColorEffects.rb:174:in `pbAnimationCore'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:518:in `block in pbCommonAnimation'
214:BattleAnimationPlayer:360:in `block in each'
214:BattleAnimationPlayer:360:in `each'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:516:in `pbCommonAnimation'
147:Battle:857:in `pbCommonAnimation'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:287:in `pbStartBattleCore'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'
242:Overworld_BattleStarting:392:in `block (2 levels) in start_core'

And I'm not using ZUD. I had set SHOW_TERA_COLOR to true. And sometimes when running into a wild pkmn, the error would pop up before before I could even make a move. I set it to false again, and it seems to work just fine without that.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
How about if you would make an event that gives you a Pokemon with a different tera type instead?
Using the typical way to create event Pokemon, just set pkmn.tera_type to what you want. Example: pkmn.tera_type = :GRASS

I get this same exact error, but when an opponent was using a move like Growth
I'm having a very similar error
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[ScarletVioletGimmick_TDW] 006_ColorEffects.rb:174:in `pbAnimationCore'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:518:in `block in pbCommonAnimation'
214:BattleAnimationPlayer:360:in `block in each'
190:Scene_PlayAnimations:516:in `pbCommonAnimation'
147:Battle:857:in `pbCommonAnimation'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:287:in `pbStartBattleCore'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'
242:Overworld_BattleStarting:392:in `block (2 levels) in start_core'

And I'm not using ZUD. I had set SHOW_TERA_COLOR to true. And sometimes when running into a wild pkmn, the error would pop up before before I could even make a move. I set it to false again, and it seems to work just fine without that.
Interesting. I'll have to investigate it some time, but I know how I currently have the color stuff implemented wont work in the longrun anyway.. I recommend just keeping it turned off.

Back