• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [Obsolete] wrigty12's much less exciting and less robust Terastal Phenomenon 1.4.3

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
Using the typical way to create event Pokemon, just set pkmn.tera_type to what you want. Example: pkmn.tera_type = :GRASS

Interesting. I'll have to investigate it some time, but I know how I currently have the color stuff implemented wont work in the longrun anyway.. I recommend just keeping it turned off.
Yeah, definitely the way to go for now.
I have a question as well, when setting up a trainer to terastallize, how can I set their pkmn to tera into a specific type. I assume this can be done in defining species, but is there a way so that it only applies to that trainer's pkmn? I hope I'm not being confusing lol

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Yeah, definitely the way to go for now.
I have a question as well, when setting up a trainer to terastallize, how can I set their pkmn to tera into a specific type. I assume this can be done in defining species, but is there a way so that it only applies to that trainer's pkmn? I hope I'm not being confusing lol
I have an idea on how to do this, so I'll have to experiment. I didn't want to overwrite the compiler that looks at pokemon/trainer definitions, so I have to come up with some compatible workarounds.
Hello! Does this plugin come with a way for the player to change their Pokemon's Tera Type?
Technically you can throw in some scripts in an event to do it, manipulating the pokemon.tera_type after the player selects a pokemon in their party, etc.

Brainstorming, here are some ideas I'll look at trying to easier to implement:
  • Basic item that can swap the tera type of the Pokemon to be one of its 2 original types
  • Special item that can completely randomize the tera type of the Pokemon
  • Command to run in an event to randomize or select a type.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I have an idea on how to do this, so I'll have to experiment. I didn't want to overwrite the compiler that looks at pokemon/trainer definitions, so I have to come up with some compatible workarounds.

Technically you can throw in some scripts in an event to do it, manipulating the pokemon.tera_type after the player selects a pokemon in their party, etc.

Brainstorming, here are some ideas I'll look at trying to easier to implement:
  • Basic item that can swap the tera type of the Pokemon to be one of its 2 original types
  • Special item that can completely randomize the tera type of the Pokemon
  • Command to run in an event to randomize or select a type.
For now I copied the code for the "change tera type" option found in the debug menu into an NPC. Aside from losing the line that displays the Pokemon's current type, it works fine.

Eften

Novice
1670866142985.png

When I select "Fight Menu", the error screen looks like this. What should I do?

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I'm not entirely sure as
View attachment 14356
When I select "Fight Menu", the error screen looks like this. What should I do?
Can you open the 001_ScarletVioletGimmick file in a text editor like notepad or notepad++, find the "cw.battle = @battle" and add a # just before it (commenting it out; "#cw.battle = @battle"), save it, then try again?

Eften

Novice
I'm not entirely sure as

Can you open the 001_ScarletVioletGimmick file in a text editor like notepad or notepad++, find the "cw.battle = @battle" and add a # just before it (commenting it out; "#cw.battle = @battle"), save it, then try again?
Thanks, it works ^^
And, I have a question:
How do I fix the type that trainer will terastallize for their pokemon?

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Thanks, it works ^^
And, I have a question:
How do I fix the type that trainer will terastallize for their pokemon?
Sweet, I'll fix that in the next update.

That's something I didn't think to implement yet, so I'll add it to my list of things to add for the next update.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated [Beta] Terastal Phenomenon with a new update entry:

Update 1.4

• Disabled the color filter until a better solution (without so many crashes) is found.
  • Removed a line of code I forgot to remove :)
  • Added a way to change a Trainer's Pokemon's Tera Type within an event. (See "Trainers" in Readme)
  • Added items to change a Pokemon's Tera Type in-game (See "Items" in Readme)
- Item that can swap the Tera Type of the Pokemon to be one of its 2 original types
- Item that can randomize the Pokemon's Tera Type
- Item that will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Since you're on v20, you can take advantage of the mkxp-z version that comes with v20, v2.3.1.
v2.3.0 added a Sprite Pattern Overlay feature, kind of like the one from Klein Bitmap, if you ever used that script.
That could help with making the crystal pattern :)

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Since you're on v20, you can take advantage of the mkxp-z version that comes with v20, v2.3.1.
v2.3.0 added a Sprite Pattern Overlay feature, kind of like the one from Klein Bitmap, if you ever used that script.
That could help with making the crystal pattern :)
Nice! I'll look into that!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid

Eften

Novice
I'm currently using the Pokemon Essential Deluxe script, and I see it mentions compatibility with your script. However, how do I activate the Tera command in a Deluxe match? Can I put your script inside Deluxe's script, or can it only be activated when placed in Contional Branch?
Thank you!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Ideally you can use the :usespecial command in Battle Deluxe, but I'm unsure of which trigger is supposed to be used with it to make it work (awaiting comment from Lucidious89 about that).

In the meantime, you can do this for setup (using Brock as an example, this would make his first Pokemon terastallize):

trainer = GameData::Trainer.get(:LEADER_Brock, "Brock").to_trainer;trainer.teraIndex=0;TrainerBattle.dx_start([trainer])

That format would also allow you to hardcode the pokemon's tera type (include trainer.teraIndexForceType(:FAIRY); after the teraIndex part, and it would force it to be Fairy, for instance).

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
If you are looking to use Battle Deluxe to include Terastallization, here are some setup examples:

Use the following to Terastallize on the first turn:
Ruby:
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:LEADER_Brock, "Brock"], {}, { "turnAttack" => {:battler => :Opposing,:usespecial => :Terastallize}})
-------------
You could also do the same by adding a command in Midbattle_Config (if you're going to do it for many different trainers):
Ruby:
  TERA_FIRST_TURN = {
    "turnAttack" => {
        :battler => :Opposing,
        :usespecial => :Terastallize
    }
  }

And then use:
Ruby:
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:LEADER_Brock, "Brock"], {}, :TERA_FIRST_TURN)
--------------
If you want to force a Tera Type for the Pokemon, use the following:
Ruby:
trainer = GameData::Trainer.get(:LEADER_Brock, "Brock").to_trainer;trainer.teraIndexForceType(:FAIRY,0);TrainerBattle.dx_start([trainer], {}, :TERA_FIRST_TURN)
Where you replace :FAIRY with the type you want, and 0 with the party index of the trainer you want to set the Tera Type for.

raizen138

Rookie
I don't know if it is something on my side but when a Pokemon evolves it doesn't keep its prevolution tera type.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I don't know if it is something on my side but when a Pokemon evolves it doesn't keep its prevolution tera type.
Huh, that's a fun one, never even thought to test that. I'll look into it this weekend!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I can't seem to replicate your issue, my Pokemon keep the previously set tera type when evolving. What Pokemon's evolution was switching tera type?

PokémonHeroine90

Being, autistic, furry and misophonic since 1990
I got this an error at the start

"[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[ScarletVioletGimmick_TDW] 001_ScarletVioletGimmick.rb:77:in `initialize'