• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Time Knight Leo

Rookie
Okay, nevermind. I think I got it working. Ended up having to keep replacing the PluginScript data a bunch of times before it (and the ZUD plugin) finally registered.

Screen Lady

Glitch Trainer
This might be obvious, but is there a setting for getting rid of black boxes? I updated the plugin recently, and all speech bubbles are just white text with black outlines on top of an already white background. The black borders don't fade in like they used to at all. Besides that though, everything works perfectly.

EDIT: Ignore this! For some reason something must not have copied over correctly, I did a second reinstall and the black bars are back now.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
This might be obvious, but is there a setting for getting rid of black boxes? I updated the plugin recently, and all speech bubbles are just white text with black outlines on top of an already white background. The black borders don't fade in like they used to at all. Besides that though, everything works perfectly.

EDIT: Ignore this! For some reason something must not have copied over correctly, I did a second reinstall and the black bars are back now.
I moved the location of where the bar graphics are stored, so that may have been why it wasnt displaying if you only replaced the scripts and not the graphic files, too.

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
I just read into your Birthsign script and love the concept! Are you still working on updating the plugin to be compatible with Essentials v20? Once again thank you for all your amazing work!

Lucidious89

Champion
I just read into your Birthsign script and love the concept! Are you still working on updating the plugin to be compatible with Essentials v20? Once again thank you for all your amazing work!
Yeah, all the core functionality is already done. I just have to now implement all 70+ individual effects lol. Its really, really tedious and that's the main reason its taking me so long to release.

JtheDuelist

Novice
Trying to use the most recent version (1.2.1- I just downloaded everything this morning), and I am get crashes when trying to enter a battle in the Safari Zone (and from what I have read before, you have had issues with it in the past). Anything I or you can do to fix this, please?

1675830155354.png

Lucidious89

Champion
Trying to use the most recent version (1.2.1- I just downloaded everything this morning), and I am get crashes when trying to enter a battle in the Safari Zone (and from what I have read before, you have had issues with it in the past). Anything I or you can do to fix this, please?

View attachment 15485
I hate the Safari Zone so much.

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 15494
I've downloaded the file from this page. Downloaded it again once it said this, and still it says I have an outdated version. Can anyone help?
What version does it say in the meta file in the Essentials Deluxe plugin? If it says the current version (v1.2.1), then you just have to refresh your plugins.

Lucidious89

Champion
What do you mean by refresh?

Also yes, it does say 1.2.1.
Then you have the correct version, your game just isnt recognizing it yet. Recompile your game, or delete PluginScripts.dat.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.2 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash with Safari Zone encounters.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the "halfHPLast" and "lowHPLast" midbattle triggers from being properly detected.
  • Made the following changes to the file Midbattle_Config:
    • Added the DEMO_MEGA_EVOLUTION hash to showcase midbattle triggers related to Mega Evolution.
    • Added the DEMO_PRIMAL_REVERSION hash to showcase midbattle triggers...

Read the rest of this update entry...

JtheDuelist

Novice
This update fixed all the issues I was having. Thank you for the swift update. Sorry it involved the Safari Zone again though.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Exception `SyntaxError' at 008:PluginManager:653 - [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:277: syntax error, unexpected string literal, expecting '}'
"mega_foe" => {
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:278: syntax error, unexpected symbol literal, expecting label or ** or **arg or string literal
:speech => ["It seems I will ...
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:279: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting `end'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:282: syntax error, unexpected symbol literal, expecting label or ** or **arg or string literal
:speech => ["This isn't good,...
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:283: syntax error, unexpected [, expecting local variable or method
:useitem_foe => [:FULLRESTORE]
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:284: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting `end'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:295: syntax error, unexpected '\n', expecting =>
:UltraBurst_foe
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:297: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting `end'
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:300: syntax error, unexpected symbol literal, expecting label or ** or **arg or string literal
:speech => ["Let's show them ...
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:302: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting `end'
},
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:305: syntax error, unexpected symbol literal, expecting label or ** or **arg or string literal
:speech => ["Isn't the light ...
^
[Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Config.rb:306: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting `end'
},
^

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
I was playing around with randomizing triggers in the Mid Battle Script - as far as I see, the chance is always 50% (rand(10)<5). Is there an easy way to modify the script slightly so I could push a certain chance to the script as well (something like "turnCommand_repeat_random_3" to change the random chance to 30% (rand(10)<3)?
Also, I tried the "statusInflicted_foe" trigger, and either I was overlooking something, or something in the script is not working properly, because I did not get it to trigger.

Lucidious89

Champion
I was playing around with randomizing triggers in the Mid Battle Script - as far as I see, the chance is always 50% (rand(10)<5). Is there an easy way to modify the script slightly so I could push a certain chance to the script as well (something like "turnCommand_repeat_random_3" to change the random chance to 30% (rand(10)<3)?
Also, I tried the "statusInflicted_foe" trigger, and either I was overlooking something, or something in the script is not working properly, because I did not get it to trigger.
That's because the trigger is supposed to be "inflictStatus". I'll have to fix that mistake in the tutorial.
There's also currently no way to set a specific percentage for randomized triggers. That could be potential content for a future update, I suppose.

EDIT: Apparently ive mixed up "inflictStatus" and "statusInflicted" in several places in the plugin, as well. I'll fix this in the next update. Ultimately, I think I'm gonna stick with "statusInflicted" as it originally states in the tutorial, because I think that sounds more accurate.

Back