• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

VoxITH

Trainer
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:332:in `register'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Misc.rb:184:in `pbSetSeen'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:129:in `block (2 levels) in pbSetUpSides'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:125:in `each'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:125:in `each_with_index'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:125:in `block in pbSetUpSides'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:122:in `times'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:122:in `pbSetUpSides'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:280:in `pbStartBattleCore'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'

which is the problem?

Lucidious89

Champion
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:332:in `register'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle_Misc.rb:184:in `pbSetSeen'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:129:in `block (2 levels) in pbSetUpSides'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:125:in `each'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:125:in `each_with_index'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:125:in `block in pbSetUpSides'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:122:in `times'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:122:in `pbSetUpSides'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:280:in `pbStartBattleCore'
148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'

which is the problem?
Follow the installation instructions. Particularly the third step.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.6 Update

• Expanded the compiler functions, allowing other plugins that depend on Essentials Deluxe to easily edit existing PBS data.
  • Added extra midbattle functionality when using the Focus Meter plugin, allowing you to edit the Focus Styles of Pokemon mid-battle.
  • Tweaked the DEMO_WILD_ROTOM code in Midbattle_Config to demonstrate some of the new midbattle additions below.
  • Added a new midbattle trigger "halfhp". This functions identically...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Galaxia

Trainer
With this (and ZUD) I am strangely unable to edit sprite positions in the debug menu of certain Pokemon and forms.

For example, Mega Venusaur is not able to be edited, and some Pokemon like Zacian don't appear (this does not happen if I remove the plugin). Could you possibly look into this?

Lucidious89

Champion
With this (and ZUD) I am strangely unable to edit sprite positions in the debug menu of certain Pokemon and forms.

For example, Mega Venusaur is not able to be edited, and some Pokemon like Zacian don't appear (this does not happen if I remove the plugin). Could you possibly look into this?
Are you talking about editing the Dynamax sprites, or the normal ones? Because one is intentional, and the other isn't.

EDIT: NVM, I fixed it. Redownload ZUD.

Last edited:

Galaxia

Trainer
Are you talking about editing the Dynamax sprites, or the normal ones? Because one is intentional, and the other isn't.

EDIT: NVM, I fixed it. Redownload ZUD.
Cool, thanks! Sorry if I explained it weird haha

Galaxia

Trainer
Hi, I'm having another strange issue with sprite positioning.

Some Mons like Regional Forms, Morpeko, Aegislash, etc. will not keep their edited positions from the Debug editor. I know this was the case for the Mega Evos (you solved that) but what do you think would cause this? I am only using ED and ZUD.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi, I'm having another strange issue with sprite positioning.

Some Mons like Regional Forms, Morpeko, Aegislash, etc. will not keep their edited positions from the Debug editor. I know this was the case for the Mega Evos (you solved that) but what do you think would cause this? I am only using ED and ZUD.
This would be a ZUD issue, not Essentials Deluxe. This plugin doesn't edit the sprite positioner at all.
However, I don't seem to replicate this issue, so you'll have to be more specific about what you're doing. For the record, I tried editing the metrics for both Articuno and Galarian Articuno, and both were properly saved.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.7 Update

• Fixed a bug related to the effect of G-Max Steelsurge being checked for even if the ZUD Plugin is not installed.
  • Added the :trainer midbattle key. You may set this to a battler index to set which opposing trainer should appear on screen during dialogue. This is only applicable in double or triple battles with multiple opponents. This may be used to specify which trainer should appear on screen during dialogue, even if their Pokemon wasn't the one who triggered a...

mark2826

Novice
I'm having trouble figuring out what value is expected when for the 2nd variable when using tailwind
I have it set up as the following in my code

"afterLast_foe" => {
:team => [PBEffects::Tailwind, x]
},

For "x" I've tried integers from 0 to 5 and ":Self" as well as ":side" and I keep getting an error

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm having trouble figuring out what value is expected when for the 2nd variable when using tailwind
I have it set up as the following in my code

"afterLast_foe" => {
:team => [PBEffects::Tailwind, x]
},

For "x" I've tried integers from 0 to 5 and ":Self" as well as ":side" and I keep getting an error
The accepted values for the :team key should be:
1) A valid PBEffect that affects one side of the field.
2) A value for the above PBEffect to be set to (boolean or numeral)
3) A string to act as a message for the application of the PBEffect (optional).
4) A value of "true" if the above message should refer to a specific battler name, rather than depicting a text for a team, such as "The wild Bulbasaur" rather than "The opposing team", for example (optional).

However, your error doesn't have to do with the values you're inputting, it's due to the fact that you need a second pair of brackets around your values. The effects entered for the :effects, :team and :field keys are entered as a multi-dimensional array. So it's an array that itself contains its own arrays (one array per effect).

So it should look something like:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
:team => [
   [PBEffects::One, Value, Message],
   [PBEffects::Two, Value, Message],
   [PBEffects::Three, Value, Message]
]
Obviously, if Tailwind is the only effect you want to apply, then you only need to have one array for that one effect. However, it still needs to be contained within the overall meta array that contains all the effect arrays.

Last edited:

mark2826

Novice
Oh I see. I went over you'e tutorial and you did show that for a single array.
It works now. Thank you for the help.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.8 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause crashes with certain Battle Facility features.
  • Added new miscellaneous code in preparation for future plugin releases.

If you are using the ZUD Plugin, please update that plugin to its latest version (v1.0.5) as well.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

RidgeBoy

Novice
This is awesome!!
Is there any way to change the text-color during mid-battle speeches?
I tried using
:speech => ["\bLet's Fight!"]
But it seems \b doesn't turn the text blue like in other events.

Was just hoping to make it a bit more clear who is talking when the text appears.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.0.9 Update

Apologies for the back to back updates, but it's come to my attention that the version I released yesterday accidentally included some out-of-date files that didn't actually do what the patch notes said they would do. I've rectified this with this update so that all the appropriate files are now updated. I've also made some final tweaks in preparation for the release of a new plugin.

• Reuploaded files included in the 1.0.8 update that were accidentally uploaded in an out of date...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1 Update

Apologies for yet another update, but im preparing to release a new plugin, which means it's time to yet again update Essentials Deluxe for compatibility purposes.
If you are using my Improved Field Skills plugin, you must also update that plugin to v1.0.1.

• Updated compiler and other miscellaneous code in preparation for the release of the Legendary Breeding plugin.
  • Moved around some code so that the Improved Field Skills plugin is compatible with future plugins I...

Jos_Louis

Developer of Pokemon Soulstones
I'm having some trouble understanding the syntax on how to deploy certain effects. I'm trying to apply a Foresight at the beginning of the battle, so that the enemy team's Ghost-type can now be hit by Normal moves.

I'm trying to look over your examples to understand the pattern. You have this in the example tutorial for the wild Rotom:
Demo code:
Expand Collapse Copy
      :effects => [
        [PBEffects::Charge, 5, "{1} began charging power!"],
        [PBEffects::MagnetRise, 5, "{1} levitated with electromagnetism!"],
      ],

What does the 5 in both the Charge and Magnet Rise lines mean?

Similarly, I was looking through the PokeCommunity thread on this, and saw you helping someone with trick room

Trick Room:
Expand Collapse Copy
:field => [
     [PBEffects::TrickRoom, 99, "The dimensions were twisted!"],
     [PBEffects::MagicRoom, 99, "All Pokémon's held items lost their effects!"],
     [PBEffects::WonderRoom, 99, "Defense and Sp. Def stats are swapped"],
     [PBEffects::Gravity, 99, "Gravity intensified!"]
 ]

... and you said that it had to be listed out this way. What does the 99 mean here?

I know Trick Room is a "field" instead of an "effect but I tried copying the Trick Room example over for my case of Foresight as follows:
Foresight:
Expand Collapse Copy
      :effect => [ [PBEffects::Foresight, 99, "All Pokemon were identified!"] ],

But afterwards, my Normal type move still doesn't hit the Ghost-type.

Can you elaborate on the syntax of the effects examples and how I would go about deploying Foresight?

This is my full script call in MidBattle_Config

1664071558790.png

I am calling this using:
Script call:
Expand Collapse Copy
TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL_Artie, "Artie", 0], {}, :ARTIE_FIRST_BATTLE)

Just for some additional context, I have a Ghost-type regional Minccino so that's why the text says Minccino but the choice of Pokemon isn't the issue.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.1 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when returning to the field after equipping or removing an item from a Pokemon through the party menu.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause a crash only if setting midbattle trainer speech as a string or an array, rather than as part of a hash.
  • Fixed an error that would make it so that effects that apply to one side of the field wouldn't be set on the correct party when setting it as part of a midbattle hash.
  • Thoroughly updated the plugin...

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
The errors that i though to be with ZUD plugin, are from essentials deluxe. Here is a small video about it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o0dw2t5hkbjbc4e/essentials_deluxe_errors%2Cbugs.rar/file

1- I've tested this script without the ZUB plugin, just for testing, and i only edited the plugin settings nothing more.

2- As you can see, an error pops up when i tried to use a move in battle + something wron with the bag too, but in outside of battle, when i go to the bag "9" an error and crash appens + the screen transition when changing the pokemon is a little bit weird.

Lucidious89

Champion
The errors that i though to be with ZUD plugin, are from essentials deluxe. Here is a small video about it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o0dw2t5hkbjbc4e/essentials_deluxe_errors%2Cbugs.rar/file

1- I've tested this script without the ZUB plugin, just for testing, and i only edited the plugin settings nothing more.

2- As you can see, an error pops up when i tried to use a move in battle + something wron with the bag too, but in outside of battle, when i go to the bag "9" an error and crash appens + the screen transition when changing the pokemon is a little bit weird.
Can you host the video somewhere? I cant open this file on my phone, and im on vacation so im no where near my computer. Even just a gif or screenshots of the error would be fine.

Also, have you installed the latest version of both plugins yet?

Just from the description you're giving me, im really doubtful that this is an error with the current plugin.

Edit: NVM, i got the video to work.

The error is due to you using an outdated version of Enhanced UI. Update that plugin.

The bag display issues seem like theyre just a graphics issue. ZUD comes with replacement graphics for the interactable bag plugin. Make sure those are all installed.

Last edited:
Back