• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1

Resource Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 v1.0.4

TankEngine75

Rookie
Hi, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm new to Essentials, the installation instructions say that I have to backup my current project if I have custom changes, since I have custom changes, I'm only wondering, how do I insert this pack into my current project? I want this pack on my project while still having all the custom changes I have so do I do as said in the instructions and then insert all the files from my project to the new one? Or? I'm clueless

Hi, I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm new to Essentials, the installation instructions say that I have to backup my current project if I have custom changes, since I have custom changes, I'm only wondering, how do I insert this pack into my current project? I want this pack on my project while still having all the custom changes I have so do I do as said in the instructions and then insert all the files from my project to the new one? Or? I'm clueless
Yes, you'll copy your changes over from your backup once you've finished the steps in the instructions.

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
For those are upgrading v21, this resource was not supported unless you wait until the next update of this resource, sorry but you have to wait until v21 supports gen 8 mons to new version.

LinKazamine

Champion
Haven't tested it, but thank you for the effort regardless!

Just something I noticed. Your name doesn't appear in the credits for the updated version. Is it because you don't want to be credited? Or did you leave it optional for anyone using it?

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Haven't tested it, but thank you for the effort regardless!

Just something I noticed. Your name doesn't appear in the credits for the updated version. Is it because you don't want to be credited? Or did you leave it optional for anyone using it?
I don't really care either way and besides, the changes I did weren't a lot.

JitterySamurai

Rookie
Is this ressource pack supported by v21 ? Or do I have to wait the upgrade ? I'm totally new to Essentials, if someone could answer me, that would be really nice

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Is this ressource pack supported by v21 ? Or do I have to wait the upgrade ? I'm totally new to Essentials, if someone could answer me, that would be really nice

Yes and no, It works but you have to go to meta, delete the v20.1 hotfixes requirement and delete the footprints on the plugin file

Anyway it will be updated eventually, so it's better to wait

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
I am commissioning a V21 version of the Sprite Scaling file to Goli. Will send the updated plugin when its done.

Lucidious89

Champion
I am commissioning a V21 version of the Sprite Scaling file to Goli. Will send the updated plugin when its done.
Im pretty sure the sprite scaling portion of this plugin is already compatible with v21. The only incompatibility that im aware of seems to be related to the footprint display in the Pokedex.

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Im pretty sure the sprite scaling portion of this plugin is already compatible with v21. The only incompatibility that im aware of seems to be related to the footprint display in the Pokedex.
Talked to Goli about this. He saw my issue as well with autopositioning metrics.

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
Commissioned Goli to update the plugin to V21. This version updated for V21 (haha pun) fixes the autopositioning bug along with fixing the footprints issue so they will now show up if enabled.
By the way small error in the meta.txt file I'mma fix later. Otherwise works perfectly. "Requires = v20.1 Hotfixes, 1.0" should be "Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1".

flout

Rookie
can anyone help me, I followed all of the instructions for installing the Gen 8 Pack and it is not working at all. No matter what I do, I cannot get the plugin to compile. I also tried to add this v21 pack and it wont work at all either.

Ancient1

Pallet T. F.C.
can anyone help me, I followed all of the instructions for installing the Gen 8 Pack and it is not working at all. No matter what I do, I cannot get the plugin to compile. I also tried to add this v21 pack and it wont work at all either.
I had the same problem.

Make sure you edit the meta.txt file in the 'Generation 8 Pack Scripts' folder to say v21 instead of v20.1.
I also copied the mkxp.json from the hotfixes folder to the main game directory too.

flout

Rookie
I had the same problem.

Make sure you edit the meta.txt file in the 'Generation 8 Pack Scripts' folder to say v21 instead of v20.1.
I also copied the mkxp.json from the hotfixes folder to the main game directory too.
unfortunately none of that worked for me. I guess I am just out of luck, but thank you anyway.

Back