• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
sardonyx_logo_new_2_by_keileon-dblokvz.png

ZnTWdNL.png

Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win is a fangame made in Pokemon Essentials v16.2, by a small team of friends based upon a play-by-post roleplay that lasted for a few years. The roleplay eventually ended in favor of continuing the story as a game and a Nuzlocke comic. We have recently picked up development again and are eager to tell the story we've been wanting to since 2011.

PS:RtW is a somewhat ambitious game, featuring in the future a branching storyline and deep worldbuilding. We may take artistic liberty with many established pieces of Pokémon lore, particularly centering around the Pokémon themselves. We take inspiration from both the games and anime, as well as Nuzlocke artists, a certain PMD fanfiction author, common theories, and random musings from the devs. While we strive to have memorable game mechanics and features, our game is intended to be primarily narrative-driven and rewards the player for exploration and interaction. Almost every object can be interacted with.

While the game may be relatively easy at the start, it is intended to have a difficulty curve similar to Pokémon Platinum Version. We recommend searching the grass for Pokémon (each area has a wide selection, even cities) and training when possible. We do not recommend playing the game on a Nuzlocke Challenge, at least on the first playthrough. More cautious or paranoid players may wish to save the game often, just in case something happens.

We currently have a workable development team and do not technically lack any roles. We should be able to complete the game with our current team. However, we will consider applicants for spriters, scripters, composers, and promotional/graphics artists. Please see the Contact section below.

We market ourselves as a parody protected under Fair Use laws. In no way do we receive profit from media related to this fangame.

Download Link!

Current Version: 2.8.5
https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/download/

----------

GbpzO8a.png

12-map-png

Map may not be final and is subject to change.

You begin in Granite Town in the Altaris Region, a small town by the region's standards but beginning to expand and urbanize. Though you already sort of have a Pokémon- a family "pet" belonging to a relative that is no longer available- you decide that you need to go get a Pokémon of your own and become a trainer. Your neighbor and best friend tags along with you as you head to Shardil Town, where the professor will give you a choice between three Pokémon: Eevee, Mienfoo, and Solosis.

Very soon you begin to become aware of a gang, similar to those in other regions and yet somehow different. Reportedly, they almost never steal the Pokémon of other trainers. There are no grunts. There is no consistent uniform or identifying aspect aside from the raven they use as an emblem. These phantom whispers of a gang calling themselves Team Mortis reach you nearly everywhere you go, as does news of their illegal activities: pitting Pokémon against each other in battles to the death.

But are they the only criminal activity in the region?

Adventure through the island region and forge your own story. One might instinctively aim for the Gym challenge and Pokémon League, but none of this is required if you wish to take a more unorthodox path. Talk to everyone you meet, investigate every nook and cranny, explore every hidden passage and you will be rewarded for your efforts with deep worldbuilding and expansions on the established Pokémon lore.

As long as there is life in us.
As long as we hold the will to survive.
Knowing no different, we fight for our masters...
... For we are born to fight...
... And raised to win.

AWNBYnW.png

A more comprehensive list of features can be seen here:
https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/features/

STORY
  • Dark, branching storyline​
  • Sarcastic NPCs and poking fun at official games​
  • Interactable items are everywhere- if something seems out of place, try interacting with it​
  • Tie-ins to the official games​
  • Sidequests​

GRAPHICS AND RESOURCES
  • Mix of generation 4 and 5 graphics​
  • Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit music​
  • Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit tiles and sprites​
  • Custom UI textures​

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
  • Following Pokémon​
  • Optional gyms​
  • HM replacements​
  • Type chart adjustments: Normal is now Super Effective on Fairy and Psychic, Ice resists Ground/Grass/Water, Poison is Super Effective on Water​
  • If you see this on any fangame website except Relic, PokeCommunity, or Ragnarok Raven it was stolen​
  • Turbo button that works at any time​
  • Multiple save files and Quicksave​
  • Pokémon permadeath in certain battles​
  • Mystery Gift​

POKÉMON
  • Full Pokédex access (generation 6 through 8 Pokemon only available in Safari Zone or through limited ingame events)​
  • Mega Evolutions, some custom​
  • Regional variants, similar to Alola forms-- currently over 90!​
  • Pokémon rebalances: many Pokémon now have altered base stats and movesets​

d72SiJA.png

Due to the sheer amount of questions we have accrued, we have taken to displaying our FAQ on our website.

https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/faq/

BrSr4Gh.png

61-screensmoke-png
67-screenevo-png
74-screenlab-png
92-screenmortis-png

85-screenvee-png
66-screencitri-png
63-screencave-png
62-screenblood-png
More screenshots can be found here: Click!

v1aQnkW.png

http://codex.ragnarokraven.net/rtw/index.php?title=Credits

bLJWbe6.png

Pokémon Sardonyx has a website!

You can follow the development of the game at our Twitter account, @Sardonyx_RtW!

You can email the primary developer of the game at: kudamon@zejroleplaying.org

You can also join our Discord server to communicate with the developers in real-time!​

Last edited:

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
The direct download sometimes doesn't work; this is exactly why we have three other mirrors.

Lycanroc forms are solely dependent on what time of day you evolve the Rockruff. None of those Ability shenanigans here.

NickNock

Rookie
so I lost in a wild battle, got sent to the poke center, ended up upstairs and in the black zone and not able to move.. lol

Redthe1

Rookie
I'm on route 4, and I was on my skateboard till suddenly I stopped and now I can't move.Anyone care to lend a hand?

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
If you're stuck near one of the staircases, that's a known issue. Come to the Discord and send either me or Lord X-Giga-X your save file.

Violet

Hydreigon Cultist
Hey Keilon and Giga X i have been playing sardonyx rtW for a while and i reached trainer school and finished the challenge there then i opened the game again and its written

The save file is corrupt or is incompatible with the game do you want delete the save file and start anew?

When i click no it closes the game

Should i click yes and start a new save??

Also yesterday [day before] my team was ded and i was transported to the pc [pokemon center] and i wasnt even there i was pretty darn stuck on black surface lol

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
The Pokemon Center issue: we are aware and that will be fixed in the next patch. Please use the center at least once to set your homedata before entering a battle.

Save file: We've not seen this issue before, but depending on when you last updated, you may be playing on a map that was changed at some point between the two core releases and the game's freaking out. Or the file just randomly corrupted. Start a new save.

Violet

Hydreigon Cultist
Oh okay and i patched the game yesterday.

But till the save file corruption i really enjoyed the game!I hope it never gets taken down by Nintendo

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Been watching Voltsy play this on YouTube and decided to play it myself. Downloading it now. From what I have seen on the playthrough I am going to enjoy this very much!

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
It's not that we're not okay with that. It's just that we recommend people send us their save files on Discord because you can just directly upload the save file on Discord rather than needing to use another service to do so. There is a size limit to it of course, but the save file is small enough that you won't need to worry about that. I'll also say that we're a bit quicker to respond to messages on Discord than we are here, so there's that too.

Either way, I have freed you from your softlock. But for privacy, I'll be sending you the save file via private message.

As to anyone else dealing with this issue (or managed to get yourself stuck in a later point), keep this post in mind.

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
In case you miss this message on twitter, I made fanart of your super awesome region map! I hope you like it, I was very much inspired by all the attention to detail you put in your indoor and outdoor maps!

Oh and I made sure to link to your game thread since I wasn't sure who exactly to credit. Well and it gets your more people looking at your project too. :)

taschen88

Rookie
Hello,

First of all, congrats on this game! This is such an amazing fangame to play! I like how things are spiked up, particularly the regional variants. I've always been a fan of fangames, I'm looking forward to future demos and of course the completed release of Sardonyx. :)

But I'm also here to report the I've encountered 2 bugs within the game.
The major bug being my game tends to freeze when I am running on Route 2, and sometimes on Route 3 also. It says "RGSS Player not responding" when it freezes. The minor bug is that I just sent 3 of my Pokemon to the PC and replaced them with 3 Pokemon from the PC... since then the game has lost the ability to make the Pokemon follow the player. I've tried pressing A, S, D, several times but to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Freezing/crashing: We've not encountered that specific type of freeze, and there's the possibility it may be your computer not liking the game.

Following Pokemon: Change maps and/or press Ctrl once or twice. The following sprite just isn't refreshing and Ctrl recalls/sends out the Pokemon.

taschen88

Rookie
Freezing/crashing: We've not encountered that specific type of freeze, and there's the possibility it may be your computer not liking the game.

Following Pokemon: Change maps and/or press Ctrl once or twice. The following sprite just isn't refreshing and Ctrl recalls/sends out the Pokemon.

OMG it worked! Moved to another town/route then pressed Crtl. I am relieved to see my lead Pokemon again! I rely on talking to my lead Pokemon and Pickup ability Pokemon to resell some items because it's best to always have lots of PokeBalls on stock for me.
As for the freezing tendencies on Route 2, I really don't know what it was. It stopped because... well I am now on Route 4, lol.

One more thing, please :) Are the moves Leech Seed and Leech Life updated (esp the boost in Leech Life)? I am curious esp about Leech Life since I haven't encountered any Zubat or Paras yet, and if that move is still part of their moveset. Thank you!! :D

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Leech Life has been updated. Largely we're using gen 7 movesets, so a lot of Pokemon that had early Leech Life have Absorb now instead.

Leech Seed was never updated to begin with, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Just out of curiosity, those two routes in particular are the only ones that current have puddles. Were you standing on one when the crashes occured?

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
"---------------------------
Pokemon Sardonyx: RtW
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_Battler:2736:in `>'

PokeBattle_Battler:2736:in `pbObedienceCheck?'

PokeBattle_Battler:3024:in `pbTryUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3470:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3915:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:3914:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3914:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battle:3355:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:3352:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:3352:in `pbAttackPhase'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games/Pokemon Sardonyx_ RtW/errorlog.txt."
This bug happens when I try to use a move.

This is quite clearly and literally addressed in the first post of this thread. We're getting tired of people coming to us because they didn't patch. You need the PATCH AND CORE. This is mentioned multiple times in this thread and on the download page.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Hey look, I'm finally here not responding to another bug for once! Yeah, I feel like now's a good time for a few things.

First off is a general reminder that the Spectre Mystery Gift event only has a few days left, as it will be ending with the end of this month. If you miss it, there will be an opportunity to catch Altaran Charmander in a later update. We just can't guarantee you'll find a Metallic one. Metallics are meant to be rare, after all.

Second, I feel that now is a good time to address a question in regards to a certain thing that has been going on... Kuda and I decided to wait until the release of the next main series games in 2019 before adding anything from the Let's Go games. This applies to the confirmed new moves and the new Pokémon that's been popping up recently.

Third and most important of all, our 2.2 patch will be seeing release soon. It fixes a lot of the not addressed in versions up to 2.1, while adding a few new features and other noteworthy changes. Here's two things of note for this patch:
-Noro has been give a lot of changes for this demo. First of all, he's got his own sprites now to make him stick out a bit more. Second, when doing his initial quest, the game now also keeps track of the nickname, ability, and nature of the Nidoran you give him. Third, his initial quest is removed in Hard Mode... because he is now part of Hard Mode gameplay. Enjoy seeing him pop up in places you weren't expecting.
-If you've seen Altaran Noctowl and Qwilfish on our game's Twitter, well then enjoy finding them for yourself. Altaran Noctowl can be obtained by evolving any Hoothoot you find while in Altaris. Altaran Qwilfish is only available in Randomizer mode, though. And the recently revealed Altaran Horsea is currently unavailable in general because its evolutions aren't done yet. HOWEVER, there will be three more regional variants in this patch that we've not officially revealed as of yet, and all three can be found in the wild.

Now, you may be asking what was taking this patch so long to release. The truth of it is that one of the members of Ragnarok Raven was working on a launcher for the game, complete with a patcher. While it took a while due to various reasons, the time it took also gave us time for adding/changing/adjusting things... which is of course why the changelog for 2.2 is massive. So yeah, while we are likely to still include download links for 2.2 on our site, this will hopefully make things a bit easier for future updates... Because apparently we weren't clear enough with instructions on patching the game to begin with.

Thank you for your time, and we will be back here to announce 2.2's actual release. After that, we'll be seeing you in the start of October. Why then? Trust me, you'll see...

Back