• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
sardonyx_logo_new_2_by_keileon-dblokvz.png

ZnTWdNL.png

Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win is a fangame made in Pokemon Essentials v16.2, by a small team of friends based upon a play-by-post roleplay that lasted for a few years. The roleplay eventually ended in favor of continuing the story as a game and a Nuzlocke comic. We have recently picked up development again and are eager to tell the story we've been wanting to since 2011.

PS:RtW is a somewhat ambitious game, featuring in the future a branching storyline and deep worldbuilding. We may take artistic liberty with many established pieces of Pokémon lore, particularly centering around the Pokémon themselves. We take inspiration from both the games and anime, as well as Nuzlocke artists, a certain PMD fanfiction author, common theories, and random musings from the devs. While we strive to have memorable game mechanics and features, our game is intended to be primarily narrative-driven and rewards the player for exploration and interaction. Almost every object can be interacted with.

While the game may be relatively easy at the start, it is intended to have a difficulty curve similar to Pokémon Platinum Version. We recommend searching the grass for Pokémon (each area has a wide selection, even cities) and training when possible. We do not recommend playing the game on a Nuzlocke Challenge, at least on the first playthrough. More cautious or paranoid players may wish to save the game often, just in case something happens.

We currently have a workable development team and do not technically lack any roles. We should be able to complete the game with our current team. However, we will consider applicants for spriters, scripters, composers, and promotional/graphics artists. Please see the Contact section below.

We market ourselves as a parody protected under Fair Use laws. In no way do we receive profit from media related to this fangame.

Download Link!

Current Version: 2.8.5
https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/download/

----------

GbpzO8a.png

12-map-png

Map may not be final and is subject to change.

You begin in Granite Town in the Altaris Region, a small town by the region's standards but beginning to expand and urbanize. Though you already sort of have a Pokémon- a family "pet" belonging to a relative that is no longer available- you decide that you need to go get a Pokémon of your own and become a trainer. Your neighbor and best friend tags along with you as you head to Shardil Town, where the professor will give you a choice between three Pokémon: Eevee, Mienfoo, and Solosis.

Very soon you begin to become aware of a gang, similar to those in other regions and yet somehow different. Reportedly, they almost never steal the Pokémon of other trainers. There are no grunts. There is no consistent uniform or identifying aspect aside from the raven they use as an emblem. These phantom whispers of a gang calling themselves Team Mortis reach you nearly everywhere you go, as does news of their illegal activities: pitting Pokémon against each other in battles to the death.

But are they the only criminal activity in the region?

Adventure through the island region and forge your own story. One might instinctively aim for the Gym challenge and Pokémon League, but none of this is required if you wish to take a more unorthodox path. Talk to everyone you meet, investigate every nook and cranny, explore every hidden passage and you will be rewarded for your efforts with deep worldbuilding and expansions on the established Pokémon lore.

As long as there is life in us.
As long as we hold the will to survive.
Knowing no different, we fight for our masters...
... For we are born to fight...
... And raised to win.

AWNBYnW.png

A more comprehensive list of features can be seen here:
https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/features/

STORY
  • Dark, branching storyline​
  • Sarcastic NPCs and poking fun at official games​
  • Interactable items are everywhere- if something seems out of place, try interacting with it​
  • Tie-ins to the official games​
  • Sidequests​

GRAPHICS AND RESOURCES
  • Mix of generation 4 and 5 graphics​
  • Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit music​
  • Custom and Free-Use-With-Credit tiles and sprites​
  • Custom UI textures​

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
  • Following Pokémon​
  • Optional gyms​
  • HM replacements​
  • Type chart adjustments: Normal is now Super Effective on Fairy and Psychic, Ice resists Ground/Grass/Water, Poison is Super Effective on Water​
  • If you see this on any fangame website except Relic, PokeCommunity, or Ragnarok Raven it was stolen​
  • Turbo button that works at any time​
  • Multiple save files and Quicksave​
  • Pokémon permadeath in certain battles​
  • Mystery Gift​

POKÉMON
  • Full Pokédex access (generation 6 through 8 Pokemon only available in Safari Zone or through limited ingame events)​
  • Mega Evolutions, some custom​
  • Regional variants, similar to Alola forms-- currently over 90!​
  • Pokémon rebalances: many Pokémon now have altered base stats and movesets​

d72SiJA.png

Due to the sheer amount of questions we have accrued, we have taken to displaying our FAQ on our website.

https://ragnarokraven.net/sardonyxrtw/faq/

BrSr4Gh.png

61-screensmoke-png
67-screenevo-png
74-screenlab-png
92-screenmortis-png

85-screenvee-png
66-screencitri-png
63-screencave-png
62-screenblood-png
More screenshots can be found here: Click!

v1aQnkW.png

http://codex.ragnarokraven.net/rtw/index.php?title=Credits

bLJWbe6.png

Pokémon Sardonyx has a website!

You can follow the development of the game at our Twitter account, @Sardonyx_RtW!

You can email the primary developer of the game at: kudamon@zejroleplaying.org

You can also join our Discord server to communicate with the developers in real-time!​

Last edited:

Yagami

Rookie
Hello,I just started playing the game.Just some bugs and questions:
So in Emeralis city,one of the house has a serperior.So If I go to the 2nd floor and try to get out of the house using the stairs on the side,I end up on in the middle of the town where 2 kids are battling using a rattata and pidgy.
In route 3,after 3 battling Jim,he told me to check a tree trunk and to find a new bug pokemon.Now I had already checked it before I fought him and caught the regional beedrill and finished this sidequest.But in the quest log,it still says the "Check out the tree" sidequest is ongoing instead of completed.
When I fought the team rocket grunt,he had a normal magikarp.But after the battle,when I checked the pokedex,it showed the regional magikarp sprite.The normal magikarp sprite didn't show up even in the "form" section.
Also how can I know the level up moves of some of the pokemons? For example,Can the regional beedrill learn earthquake by level up?

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Addressing in order:

-We are well aware of that. Basically, I had to unconnect our maps to reduce lag, and edit a lot of exits as a result. That particular exit unfortunately slipped under my radar for some reason. Granted with where people ended up being teleported as a result, that's probably the best case scenario. Nevertheless, that has been fixed for the next demo.
-That's... weird... I tested it about an hour ago, and it was set to be completed for me. And those events haven't been touched in a couple of months.
-Yeah, I see what you mean by that one. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure how to fix that one. Likely just something to do with how the regional variants are coded. In which I'm probably gonna be spending about a week figuring that out! Yaaaaay...
-Keileon and I are working on a wiki for the game, which will have the current level-up movesets for the regional variants. Beedrill's page isn't set up yet, though I can confirm that Altaran Beedrill learns Earthquake at Lv 41.

Last edited:

Yagami

Rookie
Just to be clear,
I had caught the altaran beedrill even before talking to Jim.So I actually finished it even before starting the sidequest.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Ah okay, that makes more sense. Yeah, that should be simple to fix.
Honestly, that seems like something I wanted to get back to, but then ended up doing so many other things for this demo that I forgot about it.

Or at least that's the only excuse I can come up with for a bug that has nothing to do with me forgetting/adding unnecessary characters and thus breaking the game over the course of development.

... I'm just asking for my co-dev to come in with a list of how many times that's happened, aren't I?

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
You haven't broken the game as many times as I have

Also, we've figured out the reason for the form confusion after someone caught a Growlithe and it ended up giving the Kantonian dex entry. Now we- and by we I mean Giga- need to figure out how to fix it.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Hope everyone's enjoying the start of 2018!

Well it's only been 11 days. (Or 12 since it became midnight while I made this post.) Time for a patch.
Primarily a bugfix patch addressing most of- if not all- the bugs noted since the demo release. Just download the patch from the downloads page of our official site, and replace files in your demo folder with those extracted from the .zip. Note: you will need to download the demo if you haven't already done so.

If there's any other bugs noticed, they'll likely be addressed over the process of working on the next demo.

Where are we going in the next demo?

Citrivale City. Maybe a bit further than that. idk. We'll figure it out.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Another patch may be coming soon. We've discovered a little more than a minor bug when trying to fix the wrong forms being registered in the dex.

Essentially, Shinx, Kakuna, and Metapod may incorrectly evolve into their canon forms. This should be avoidable by playing on the core 1.0 version instead of patch 1.1. Your save file should be safe to rollback if you just want to evolve one of those three Pokémon.

To be safe, I'd do it for Caterpie and Weedle as well.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Allow me to be a bit more specific.

Because of how the regional variants and related Pokémon are scripted combined with this unexpected bug, Shinx, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, and Kakuna caught after updating to the 1.1 patch are put into their default form 0. Which unfortunately means they will evolve into normal Luxio, Butterfree and Beedrill instead of their regional variants. Only thing I can think of for why this happened is because despite their form 1 only being there to evolve into their regional variants, their overall lack of additional properties combined with their scripting in 1.1 forces them back into form 0... Yeeeaaah, I'm not entirely sure if that's really what's happening, but that's my best guess.

If there's any good news, it's that those caught in 1.0 prior to updating will evolve into their regional variants as intended due to them already being set to form 1. This has been fixed for the next major demo as of last night. But until we get a new patch out, the best way to get around this for the time being would be playing 1.0.

Yeah go figure, I fix one thing... and then make things worse.... I sincerely apologize for being responsible for that.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
We've hopefully fixed some of the worse bugs in the latest patch.

You can download here (as of right now the direct download is not available): https://sardonyxrtw.weebly.com/downloads.html

Changelog:
*Added Multi-Save feature
*Added variated party menu Poké Balls
*Added 3D badge animation
*Added a new room to Spruce's lab, now accessible
*Fixed more typos
*Prevented the player from entering their and their rival's houses via stairs
*Adjusted battleFightButtons.png
*Added Egg Groups to summary
*Adjusted Metallic and Shiny icons
*Fixed an error that would cause Shinx, Metapod, and Kakuna to evolve into their non-Altaran forms.
*Fixed a visual glitch that would cause the player's hat to clip through tiles with a higher priority
*Fixed an error where Spruce's text was red rather than purple.
*(Hopefully) fixed a glitch where the player could quicksave before naming themselves, thus crashing the game.

Credits for added features will be available in the next core release. Sorry for any inconveniences.

It is very likely that Shinx, Kakuna, and Metapod caught in 1.1 will still incorrectly evolve. If this happens to you, send your save file to us via Twitter, Discord, or the contact form on the site for fixes.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
game is not starting.clicked game.exe multiple times but nothing is happening
Can you screenshot your game folder please? It should look something like this.

QiYJNQ2.png

Another player was having a similar problem and it got fixed by redownloading the core and the patch, so maybe try that as well.

Last edited:

rubyboys

Novice
the folder is exactly like you have shown above.it does not work only on your games,pokemon chronicles and pokemon hyperion or else work with every game

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Strange. Nobody else seems to have had this problem. I can only suggest the following:

1. Fully delete the game folder (any save files will be fine) then redownload the core and patch.

2. Put the save file somewhere else (its location defaults to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games I believe) and repeat the first step.

3. Play the core file without the patch and then patch at a later time.

There's no reason it shouldn't work unless your download and extract, or perhaps your save file, got corrupted.

Last edited:

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Wow, it's really be a while since I've posted in this thread. Rest assured, we are (slowly) making progress on our next demo. To that end, we're bringing you footage of an upcoming feature, the Pokémon Supplier System.

Scattered across the Altaris region are a number of people willing to supply you with Pokémon, but only if you have the supplier points for it. Each supplier will have different Pokémon for sale, and for an additional fee, you can modify your Pokémon in various ways. Making it shiny or metallic. Giving it a specific number of perfect IVs. Making it have its hidden ability (if it has one). Setting its nature. Choosing the Poké Ball for it. It can be done as long as you have the points.

So how do you get supplier points? Well right now, the only option is to give them your own Pokémon. You'll get points equal to the Pokémon's level, with an additional multiplier if your Pokémon is shiny, metallic, or both. Do note however that suppliers will not accept dead Pokémon.

The supplier shown in the video is the first of these suppliers you will be able to find. So take full advantage of him and other suppliers you come across whenever you get the chance.

Also, before you get your hopes up... No, you will not be getting the regional variant shown in this video in the upcoming demo.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Also, before you get your hopes up... No, you will not be getting the regional variant shown in this video in the upcoming demo.

My apologies for this in particular, I happened to have one while testing something. It's unlikely to be legitimately obtainable until the third demo, but we do have some information about it on the website, and information about its abilities on the wiki.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Here once again for an update not as big as our supplier system reveal... Anyway, our website's FAQ page has been updated, which you can see here.

As progress toward the next demo continues, perhaps we may show off some screenshots of what's to come at some point. Until then, stay safe, trainers... Maybe get yourself a fire extinguisher. idk

Achohermano

Novice
First of all, your game looks very clean, congrats.
And...I've seen you need a multiple save files mode. I think there's one already, and It's really easy to install.
Do you want the link to it?

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Thank you very much.

Also while the offer is nice, we actually already have a multiple save file feature. It's just that we haven't actually updated the features tab in the OP to reflect that.
And by we, I mean Keileon since I... can't do it myself... I feel useless...

Back