• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PokéSearch

Resource PokéSearch v1.1

RodMagalhaes

Novice
In line 282 of 001_PokeSearch.rb (where it says # From Maruno replace the entire line with: GameData::Species.each { |s| enc_array.push(s.id) if arr.include?(s.id) && $player.seen?(s.id) } # From Maruno

Thanks, Voltseon! Works great 😁

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
In the overview there's a section on how to add it as an item for v20 or v19 and how to add it to VPM if you have that.

In line 282 of 001_PokeSearch.rb (where it says # From Maruno replace the entire line with: GameData::Species.each { |s| enc_array.push(s.id) if arr.include?(s.id) && $player.seen?(s.id) } # From Maruno
Thanks for replying back! Where is this overview (Discussions?)? Also do I need to make it into an item first to get it to show up in the menu?

Thanks for replying back! Where is this overview (Discussions?)? Also do I need to make it into an item first to get it to show up in the menu?

Overview said:
How to call the menu?
Run vPokeSearch in a script command / item's use in field handler

How do I use it as an item?[/SIZE]
Open the 001_PokeSearch.rb script and uncomment the 3 lines that read: ItemHandlers

Add the following code to 002_Item_Effects.rb
Ruby:
ItemHandlers::UseFromBag.add(:POKESEARCHITEM,proc { |item|
  next 2
})

ItemHandlers::UseInField.add(:POKESEARCHITEM,proc { |item|
  scene = PokeSearch_Scene.new
  screen = PokeSearch_Screen.new(scene)
  screen.pbStartScreen
  next 1
})

Add the following code in any script above main (recommended to put this near the other :pause_menu entries)
Ruby:
MenuHandlers.add(:pause_menu, :pokesearch, {
  "name"      => _INTL("PokéSearch"),
  "order"     => 45,
  "condition" => proc { next (GameData::Item.get(:POKESEARCH).nil? ? $player.able_pokemon_count > 0 : $bag.has?(:POKESEARCH)) },
  "effect"    => proc { |menu|
    menu.pbHideMenu
    screen.pbStartScreen
    $game_temp.in_menu = false
    next true
  }
})

Add the following code to 005_VoltseonMenu_Entires.rb
Ruby:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Entry for PokeSearch Screen
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
class MenuEntryPokeSearch < MenuEntry
  def initialize
    @icon = "menuPokeSearch"
    @name = "PokéSearch"
  end

def selected(menu)
    menu.pbHideMenu
    screen.pbStartScreen
    $game_temp.in_menu = false
    return true
  end

def selectable?; return vHI("PokeSearch"); end
end

add a menuPokeSearch.png graphic to the Voltseon's Pause Menu folder in Graphics/Pictures and add "MenuEntryPokeSearch" to the MENU_ENTRIES array in 001_VoltseonMenu_Config.rb
Also if it's part of the menu then it is not required to make it an item.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Also if it's part of the menu then it is not required to make it an item.
Does not seem to be appearing in the menu for me. I also have encounterUI if that helps with resolving this issue. It also shows up only when I have it as an item.

Last edited:

Paradox

Novice
cool feature but what if i had different encounters through the day , different pokemon in the morning and the night ,i'm using v19.1

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Another excellent plugin. Is there any way to modify it so that it displays the correct description for the berry/repel when selecting from the bag or would that require some backwoods thinking?

drdoom76

Cooltrainer
Nevermind, figured it out.. Thanks for another great plugin.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-31 032951.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-31 032951.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 73
Back