• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PokéSearch

Resource PokéSearch v1.1

Voltseon submitted a new resource:

PokéSearch - Find the specific encounter you're looking for

PokéSearch (I know, clever name right?)
is a script that allows players to find the specific encounters they are looking for, and also allows berries to be more interesting.
It's a single UI script that allows the player to input a Pokémon that is available in the current map, enter a repel to increase the odds of a successful encounter, and add a berry in order to give the encounter some 'spice'.
Once they hit search they have a...

Read more about this resource...

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Great scripts!!
I like this one
But, how to add this scripts to voltseon menu?
Thank you^^

Toxillian

Novice
Hello Voltseon! I just want to say that I really love this resource and I hope to see more people use it! What i think would be cool though is if you could add a hotkey to save the choices you put into the system. Ex: You put a Lum Berry, Pikachu and a Max Repel into the system and you press Shift, when you go back into the searcher those items are back there so that you can search again.

Aysu

Rookie
Hello! Can you possibly provide a tutorial on how to put the vPokeSearch in items? I'm a beginner and it's a little too complicated for me

Voltseon updated PokéSearch with a new update entry:

v1.1 - Now updated for Pokémon Essentials v20

New in v1.1:
  • Updated old methods to work with v20
  • Made the back / cancel arrow no longer appear after canceling a berry / repel selection
  • Added a new $PokemonSystem.last_pokesearch_settings variable that stores an array of your last used items and Pokémon. It will try to use those settings when opening the PokéSearch if the items and Pokémon are available
  • Fixed some minor bugs

Read the rest of this update entry...

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Hey Voltseon awesome! I am getting a message in the debug console that the plugin is not compatible with v20? Also while it doesn't happen all the time I get this error when I try to use it.

Attachments

• PS Bug.PNG
    PS Bug.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 127
  • PS Bug 2.PNG
    PS Bug 2.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 119
Hey Voltseon awesome! I am getting a message in the debug console that the plugin is not compatible with v20? Also while it doesn't happen all the time I get this error when I try to use it.
Thank you for reporting, I have fixed the issue. You got the compatability message because I hadn't realized that there was an additional change that was needed to the meta.txt where it defines what version the plugin is for, but there shouldn't be any compatability issues with the script other than the level bug (which is fixed now)

ZeT0ken

Token Dude
Thank you for reporting, I have fixed the issue. You got the compatability message because I hadn't realized that there was an additional change that was needed to the meta.txt where it defines what version the plugin is for, but there shouldn't be any compatability issues with the script other than the level bug (which is fixed now)
Hello Voltseon, like the previous Aysu and Ardic asked before. Is there a way we can make this as a item or add it to your pause menu ? in general for 19.1 and others?

Hello Voltseon, like the previous Aysu and Ardic asked before. Is there a way we can make this as a item or add it to your pause menu ? in general for 19.1 and others?
Look at the code for EXPALL to use it as an item and the Town Map for Voltseon's Pause Menu. I also added the code to the newer v20 version at the top of the script, you just have to comment it out and it should just work as an item.

Here's an example if you would like to use it as an item:
1653147525447.png

ZeT0ken

Token Dude
Look at the code for EXPALL to use it as an item and the Town Map for Voltseon's Pause Menu. I also added the code to the newer v20 version at the top of the script, you just have to comment it out and it should just work as an item.

Here's an example if you would like to use it as an item:
View attachment 10270
Thank you very much!🖤

Sonicover

Trainer
Hey, amazing script! Is very usefull.
Just a question, is there a way to change what items are used to use the script?
I would preffer to use something other than berrys to search the mons

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I ran into an interesting problem with this! If the map you are on has several different encounter tables (like Land, Water, Rods), the way the code is currently written, it will always look to index 0 no matter what. So, as a result, even if I'm surfing, I will only ever see the list of Land Pokemon encounters available if that was the first table in the array.

I played with it for a bit and I think I actually got it to work appropriately, so if I'm in grass it will look at the LAND encounter table, if I'm surfing it will look at the WATER encounter table, etc.

I made a few other changes to fit my game, but I think all changes needed are isolated to just this function, if you want to incorporate the changes.

Ruby:
  def getEncData
    return nil if @encounter_tables.nil?
    return nil if $PokemonEncounters.encounter_type.nil? #TDW try to get the correct encounter table for your tile
    correctKey = @encounter_tables.keys.each_index.select{|i| @encounter_tables.keys[i] == $PokemonEncounters.encounter_type}
    return nil if correctKey.nil?
    #currKey = @encounter_tables.keys[@current_key]
    currKey = @encounter_tables.keys[correctKey[0]]
    arr = []
    min_levels = 0
    max_levels = 0
    enc_array = []
    @encounter_tables[currKey].each { |s| arr.push( s[1] ); min_levels+= s[2]; max_levels += s[3] }
    GameData::Species.each { |s| enc_array.push(s.id) if arr.include?(s.id) } # From Maruno
    enc_array.uniq!
    average_level = ((min_levels+max_levels)/2)/arr.length
    return enc_array, average_level
  end

Mark93

Novice
I have an error for the EventHandler of the 002_EncounterModif.rb script, I'm using v19.1 so how can i change it to make it works? There's still the old v19.1 version of this plugin somewhere?

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I seem to get this to work even after following the instructions. Here is my logs. Thanks for looking it over.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 005_VoltseonMenu_Entries.rb:313:in `selectable?'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:155:in `block in calculateMenuEntries'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:153:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:153:in `calculateMenuEntries'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:25:in `startComponent'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:96:in `pbStartScene'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:306:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:298:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:128:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:203:in `update'

I seem to get this to work even after following the instructions. Here is my logs. Thanks for looking it over.
I used VHT to make the script, you can either change the script so it's not dependant on it or add VHT to your game.

I really shouldn't have made it with VHT so if I ever get to updating this script I'll remove the dependancy.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I used VHT to make the script, you can either change the script so it's not dependant on it or add VHT to your game.

I really shouldn't have made it with VHT so if I ever get to updating this script I'll remove the dependancy.
Thank you. Did not realized it had that as a requirement. The error is gone, but it is not showing after doing the steps. Do I need it to be an item or can I have it always show in the pause menu? I prefer it to not be an item and just be there to mimic the dexnav.

RodMagalhaes

Novice
Is there a way that you can only search for pokemon you've already seen/encountered in that map?

Thank you. Did not realized it had that as a requirement. The error is gone, but it is not showing after doing the steps. Do I need it to be an item or can I have it always show in the pause menu? I prefer it to not be an item and just be there to mimic the dexnav.
In the overview there's a section on how to add it as an item for v20 or v19 and how to add it to VPM if you have that.

Is there a way that you can only search for pokemon you've already seen/encountered in that map?
In line 282 of 001_PokeSearch.rb (where it says # From Maruno replace the entire line with: GameData::Species.each { |s| enc_array.push(s.id) if arr.include?(s.id) && $player.seen?(s.id) } # From Maruno

Back