• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests 2.0

This is an informative overview thread.
This is a little overhaul of the original Tutorials and Resources Requests thread! I got permission from cat to make a new version that tries to sort requests by completion and what aspect of development they relate to!

Here's the rules as originally stated by Deo:
Have you combed through our tutorials and resources and not found what you're looking for? Need a simple resource for your fan game that you can't seem to find, or need a more in-depth guide on something? This is the place where you can request such a thing.

Before requesting anything...
When requesting...
  • Don't make ridiculous requests. No one is going to make you an entire tileset or a complicated script add on. While you can request custom things, be realistic. This isn't the place to be recruiting team members either.
  • Don't repeat your requests. If it's gone unanswered, perhaps you're requesting too much, or no one else is interested.
  • Don't request lots of things at once.

And here's all the requests that I could find sorted! (Note that these do go back a few years, so they might not be requests for a current project, but the user might still be active and appreciate the help all the same!

Unfulfilled
Audio

Does anyone have the X/Y, OR/AS, S/M/US/UM stats increase and decrease sound effect? I tried searching it up but I didn't find anything. If someone does find it please post it here. Thanks in advance!
I'm looking for the Stat increase and decrease sound effects from DPPt and onwards. Does anyone have these?
Graphics
Battlers

This might be a bit specific but what the heck.
I've been looking for Pokemon backsprites that are gen 5 style; the full backsprites, not cutoff. Does anyone know of a resource with full backsprites?

Oh, might be worth mentioning: I'm not looking for EBS formatted sprites.
Can anyone help me in finding Mega evolution battler sprites?
Is there any place with a download for every gen 6 pokemon front and back sprites in a DPP style?
I am looking for mega evolved pokemon sprites (front, back ,shiny) and Arcues Fairy front back and shiny sprites for size 192x192. Please send me link and the names of those to credit!
Overworlds
So I decided to make custom FireRed/LeafGreen OverWorlds (trainers mostly) but cannot find a good base to start with...
Could someone provide me a frlg character ow base?
Hey everyone, I'm making a RSE remake/sequel/whatever in the gen 4 style and I was wondering if there was anyone out there with Team Aqua/Magma gen 4 overworld sprites. Would be a big help :)
Does anyone know if someone's taken the trainer classes added in gen 6 + 7 and made gen 5 style overworlds for them? (or even gen 4 since those are editable, but gen 5 is preferred). Thanks!
Looking for team Cipher like the peons and admins, in the gen 4 style
Does anyone know where I can find Gen 4 or Gen 5 graphics for the male and female player for Riding on Pokemon?
I just could fine one for the boy for gen 4, but I need both, the girl and the boy for gen 4 or 5.
The Pokémon I'll need them to ride on are Rhyhorn, Lapras and Gogoat. If someone can find or make these pls tell me :(
Was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of some Pokemon military trainer Sprites and tile sets
i need hgss/dp Healing balls sprites
As I asked in Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 v1.0.3, i'd like to ask if someone is able to make Overworld Sprites for the Megas and Gigamax out of the works of:
Also if someone is able to make follower sprites for pokémon with in-battle forms like castform or cherrim.
And gotta say that sprites are everything: some are battle sprites, some are overworld sprites.
Can I have the Johto Gym Leader's overworld sprites in a Gen 3 style? I couldn't find any on here.
I need Leaf, sprite from generation 4.
Surf, Fishing, FLY Animation, Save, Bike, Run, Walk etc.
Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of FRLG-Styled Johto Sprites?
Anything would be helpful. Thank you.
Tiles
I’ve been scouring around trying to find a complete set of Platinum tiles for Essentials, but I’ve had absolutely no luck. Does anyone happen to know of a complete set? I have a feeling nobody has done a complete set of every time from the game yet (the closest I’ve found hasn’t come close), but I thought I’d ask. I briefly tried to do it myself while looking at an image of Twinleaf Town for reference, but I could feel those grass tiles mocking me as I tried to make them. I’d ask for advice, but I’ve tried looking at and following tutorials already so I don’t expect much more out of myself.

But yeah, if anyone knows of a complete set, that’d be fantastic. Rips from the game are a-okay as well, so long as they aren’t modified too much (so they’ll match with the rest just fine).
Hey may i request gen 4 styled indoor gym tilesets because i cannot seem to find any. Thanks and if you can could you send them to my discord
Looking for Gen 3 style Police station (outdoor) .
I search internet for a 2 hours, and don't find any cool tile
Hi ! Does anyone have a HGSS' Sinjoh Ruins tileset ? I didn't found one anywhere, even on this forum, so thanks if anyone have one 😊
Does anybody have a free to use gen 3 or gen 4 style johto tileset?
Is there an autotile with FRLG style soot grass? I would like to use it for my route next to a volcano. I also would like one for lava too.
Various
Ahh. There is a script in the tutorials and resources that can show pictures of the people talking above the windowskin. I really want to include this in my game, but I can not find any portraits of previous Gym Leaders/Elite Four and just about any NPC. I wouldn't mind GIF versions, but if you have any static sprites, they would be appreciated too.
That said, I think it would be nice to see some new options for battle UI and window skins. Those are both pretty common things in a game, and I've seen so very few resources for them. I know @Aki has a UI resource up, but I still don't see them that much.
Hello, I'm looking for some image panoramas that is supposed to be used in a mountain, i.e sky/clouds panoramas. One that fits gen 4 or 5 pkm games style.

If anybody knows a public resource like that please do tell me!
Has anyone made gen5 style move graphics for EBDX?
Scripts
See right above the text box? When the battle starts there's a visual effect of waves while everything is still sliding into place. This visual effect isn't just for the special Red Gyarados fight though, I think it's for any wild encounter (but doesn't happen for trainers) because there's also a grass variation and probably a cave one but this is the image I was able to find showing it. Edit: Found examples and put them below
I hadn't noticed until now but the background also moves into place but it doesn't in essentials.
Is there any intro before titlescreen script around? I searched one on Google but it's not adapted to Essentials, so it doesn't work.
This might be a bit random, but is there a proper way to make your game play a short movie? I've been looking at the script section called: Scene_Movie and I've also set up an event that calls the script $scene = Scene_Movie.new("MovieOne") and lastly I've made a new folder in the rootfolder of my game that's called "Movies".

According to the website for Pokémon Essentials all of this should, in theory, work as long as the movie file is saved as a .avi file.

After all these steps it only plays the movie's audio and not the videofootage itself.
I haven't seen people touch this section of Essentials at all, and I figured it would be an awesome thing to add, if it actually works.
If someone can set up a proper tutorial for this or at least leave a message whether the script will ever work properly, that would be really appreciated. Haha

Thanks for your time! :)
Also (I can't really describe it) when entering a new area in FR/LG they something like this.
Untdgitled.png

(Mt. Moon for example)
I'm using PokéMonAmie script with the graphics, but I wish there'd be a method to make PokéMiles work. There's even a script for Hyper Training, It'd be cool if there'd be Scripts for Super Training, as well. I saw like someone here made a Tutorial on how to customize your player character, and how to make some poses, like the item get one - the same way you could make an animation on how the player sits on a chair (just need to make ow's for that and do the same method as alaguesia did for the pose. I wish there was another Tutorial for how to customize the player character on Essentials v.17.2 on how to use <outfit $> command in script, a video would be nice.
A request regarding fogs:
Fogs are usually drawn on top of everything, ignoring z/priority/layer.
Rustanturf Tunnel's fog is special (animated, too but that's another story) and will be drawn below all characters/events. I tried to replicate this but it got messy when I had to touch priority higher than the player, resulting in those high layer tiles still appearing above the fog. If someone could make a simple customizable script to have certain fogs/panoramas have this effect and be animated (that much I achieved on my own) that'd be great. Just as an additional option, hopefully when the fog has a certain filename or it's a certain map.
52.png
Can anyone please make a script for frlg battle ui for gen 8.
I'm wondering if there are any tutorials or resources out there to have pokemon's base stats improve at certain thresholds, like evolution but for pokemon that don't evolve. What is the best way to do that?
You know what would be interesting? If someone rework the Downsing Machine to be more like the Sheik Sensor in Zelda BTW/Shard of Agony in OOT3D.

Think about it. If the player set it On, then a icon would appear somewhere in the screen (maybe top right/left or even bottom left) whenever the player is near the hidden item. If the player was standing right on top of the hidden item, then the icon could be different. This could even use some sounds from BW to help the player know when he is near a hidden item or when he is on top of it.

I think it would be better than having to use the Downsing Machine every time randomly, to see if gets something.
A script (preferably compatible with both v18 and v19) that allows you to transfer save data from a Firered/Leafgreen ROM into the fan game by putting the .sav file in a new Throwback Save folder.
Another really cool idea to mix Trainer Cards up without going TOO crazy is a script that can give Trainer Cards a similar feel to the ones Pokecharms allows you to make. Example:
MevSKXa.png
I have no clue if this is even possible, but I am willing to try.
A script for a new gimmick where the Pokemon uses its held item to change form, sort of like Mega Evolution and Ultra Burst, and right after unleashes a strong move empowered by said item, sort of like Z-Moves.
If I had to give this gimmick a name and items, Demi-Legend Blessing sounds good for the gimmick name, and the items would be the Demi-Legend Gemstone, like a universal Mega Stone, and the Demigod Brace respectively.
I was wondering if someone could help me set up a shiny hunting method - the murder method for SWSH
Would be interesting to see scripts for some recent things such as Noble Pokemon, Strong/Agile Style Moves, and so on after PLA releases in other parts of the world.
A possible small script for some plot points - some trainers call their Pokemon from offscreen instead of summoning via Pokeballs. Which animation type is used for which trainer is set individually, as a special parameter, and can be changed throughout the game. One battle can have the trainers with different value of this parameter.
I couldn't find any discussion about it, but I believe people would love to see BDSP contest system, it's so fun!
A request, though this seems to be added in V20 by what Maruno said in the DIscord. Sorting items alphabetically in each pocket.
I’d love to have a code to get a battle Royale style of gameplay in. Being able to fight multiple different trainers in a free for all would be cool.
So I am an idea for a gimmick I want to make for my game, but have zero idea how to code in ruby. The idea for my gimmick is that if your pokémon is holding a custom item known as the Astral Orb and their at half health or less, a button will appear above the fight menu in similar fashion to mega evolution. upon selecting the option, you are to select one of you moves which you share a type in common EX: Pikachu only being an electric type can only select an electric move, while Charizard being fire and flying can use either of those move types. After selecting this move, your pokémon will go into an Astral form, gaining a fifth of their max health back(reason I want it to only work at half health or less). The move you selected will do 1.5x the damage it would normal on the first turn of being in the Astral form, 1.3x on the second turn, and 1.25x on the third turn before return to normal damage. And after the 7th turn your pokémon reverts back into the original form. Sorry if this is unnecessarily complicated but I have been racking my brain trying to get it to work to no avail.
I think it would be really interesting if we had an accessible way to make wild pokemon drop held items in v20.1. There is an old script here, that was based on an even older script, neither of which work anymore. I think that with plugins like the crafting UI you could make some really interesting jrpg-y games. Heres the old post https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/521/
Hello,
I can't seem to find this anywhere on the site, and then I tried building it myself and failed miserably:

Could anyone help make it be so that Pokedex doesn't show blank entries?

My use case is that I give the player the national dex at the start of the game.
So if they see a bulbasaur, a turtwig, and a grookey, then when they open their pokedex there are HUNDREDS of blank entries between those three.
I know you can use simply hit the "search" button in the pokedex and the default search options get rid of all the blanks, so it is only like two clicks in-game to accomplish this,
BUT I don't if my players will think to use the search button in that way.
I think it would be convenient for blank entries to be removed from the pokedex to start.

I appreciate any advice and help that people can offer! Thank you!
Custom pause menu in the style of SWSH or BDSP (2 rows of menu options in the center of the screen with icons)
Now this might be a stretch of a request to make, but I might as well give it a go

I'd like to request a plugin that allows for adding modular pokemon entrance, exit, and fainting animations

When you start a battle, whether it be with a trainer or a wild mon, you send your mon out, with it and an opposing trainer's mon playing an animation of them coming out of a pokeball.

Say I wanted to change this entrance animation, remove the ball and scaling effects, and make the mons hop out from the side of the screen. For when they switch they would hop back for the next mon to hop out, and for fainting they would play an animation and poof. All rather easy to change, BUT, what if I wanted a certain mon to have a completely different set of animations for entering a battle? A flying mon just falling from above? A Mon digging into battle? Muk fainting and becoming flat as a pancake, playing a fart noise, and spinning into non-existence? Now that, that's a bit of an issue...

Basically, I'm requesting a plugin/ script that gives a developer the ability to define custom battle entrances and exits, allowing for defining potentially certain mons, or better not defining it to a specific mon but instead a script call before battle that tells the game "Make this mon enter, exit, and faint like this". Potentially allowing for a dev to feed the call a species, party order, typing, etc.

If anything like that already exist (Can't say I didn't already try searching for it) then let me know, else well... If you've been chopping at the bit for a plugin idea, bob's yer uncle. If no one is up for doing that just cause, I'd love to commission for such a plugin if possible, please inquire with me on that and we can discuss pricing and plugin details in depth. (hope saying that doesn't attract the ire of any mods, policy says it shouldn't but if it's a prob I can remove it no problem)

Just to note, https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/1047/ is not what I'm looking for, it's intros into a battle and not animations for the mons themselves.
Does anyone know how to make the pokedex intractable with mouse using Luka's ESMS?
Alright, so someone in my Discord who is helping out just came up with an amazing idea for a special kind of TM that I think could potentially revolutionize the way TM systems work in fangames if it was turned into a resource. Their idea is to have a variant of TM that can teach multiple moves of a certain category (think all the hazards, all the weather moves, all the elemental punches, etc). I'm pretty sure this is possible to make, but I have no clue how to do it and I would love to see it become something that people could add to their games to keep TM lineups from getting bloated. I really hope someone who is an experienced ruby coder can do it.
I'd like to request a script or tutorial(if there is already some way to do that) that would allow Battler sprites to have simple intro animations. Somehow similar to how it was in Emerald and the Gen 4 games.

iirc there was a script with something similar in the past, but it might've been removed for some reason since I just can't find it anywhere.
One big issue of fangames are the vertical stairs, with no animation it looks like the player is floating while walking on vertical stairs. Is there any ressource or script to have a smooth vertical staircase animation like in HGSS?
I have a question. Has anyone been able to implement a New Game +? I have been looking all over online and have found nothing like that for essentials. What I was thinking was kind of like Pokemon Unbound ROM hack:

Bring your party pokemon over to a new game with base evolution and at level 10, but keep EV/IV stats.
Keep certain items, or even certain bag sections like healing or tms.
Certain switches stay on after completing a certain section of the game before restarting. eg: Switch 160 starts off in a new game. Switch it on during game play. Initiate new game plus and leave switch 160 on in the new game plus.

Idk, just some ideas I have been mulling around to create so replayability. Would be great to implement.
I'm looking for diagonal movement and idle animation for v21+
If anyone ever did something like this please contact me, I'm also offering payment if someone accepts requests
Tutorials
I think it would be really cool if someone really good with game art like Cilerba or SirAquakip could do a spriting/artwork tutorial!
I would be really interested in a tutorial on making Pokémon cries, if anyone has figured out how to make ones that don't sound super out-of-place - especially Generation IV/V-style ones, rather than the earlier Generations where they were all the same sounds in different arrangements. Do we know if Game Freak had a particular soundfont for those? I have an extremely hard time believing that they were just sounds put into a microphone, which is the only suggestion I can ever seem to find. XP
Could someone help me out with move tutors? I was hoping to make move tutors for my game where they offer a host of moves that you can learn for a price (money, shards, etc.). The only example of a move tutor I see in Essentials is the old woman in the Cedolan City Condo map, but she just teaches Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon to the starters (and its free).

I'm assuming there is some kind of script for this, but I don't know what it is. Essentially, it would be like the mart, as you are "shopping" for a move. But then I wanted to possibly make the player pay with an item (i.e. shards). Thanks in advance if anyone can help out!
Can I ask for a tutorial on how to implement the bank system in your game?
I've been following PE Wikia Tutorial on how to add this, but I just don't get it and don't know how to call the script?
I would love a tutorial from someone who does their mapping in Photoshop; stuff like how to organize layers and tilesets, handy shortcuts, settings and tips to streamline the process/make it less cumbersome, how to import your map into RPG Maker XP etc.
I really want to get used to Photoshop for mapping because of the infinite layers and not being locked into placing everything on the grid, but I just can't seem to figure out how to best go about it.
This is incredibly minor lol, but would anyone be willing to make a tutorial for making nice GIFs of game footage? I've always used EZGif to make GIFs from footage capture with the Windows game bar, and it gets the job done, but I feel like it doesn't look nearly as nice as the other GIFs I see.
is there a tutorial for 18.1 for how to add new weather and battleback (iv made new train types and need the give them the right battle back).
I'd love to see a tutorial about using Wine/Joiplay to play games from someone familiar with those programs. Feels like every time a game starts getting traction outside of this community, we get an influx of people asking how to play it on Android and Mac. I know the program needed, but not how to actually get it to work, so I don't want to start linking people to them and end up with them coming back with "Wait, but how do I work this?" and not have any clue myself.

I'd also love to see a tutorial on audio in RMXP - different file types, best methods for converting, stereo vs mono, etc. I just recently had a mini freakout over some .ogg files not working for maps until I realized that the game doesn't recognize audio files with an é in them, haha.
Partly Filled
Graphics
Battlers

Does anyone know where to find Gen 2 styled sprites for 6th & 7th Gen Pokémon? At least for now I'd like to know where I can find Goomy and Jangmo-o sprites.
Or was gen 2 too big of a mistake for people to make them?
You may've lready found some by now but I found this and this.
Overworlds
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could find the surfing sprites for gen 5.

Basically what I'm looking for is this file:

94lwcvh.png

...but with gen 5 graphics, not gen 3. Surf + fishing and diving would be awesome to find too!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!
Response:
I know the spriters resource has those sprites, but they're not alligned this way yet, which means you'd have to manually do that yourself. If you know what you're doing it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes though. Aside from that I don't know.
Tiles
Looking for a RSE tileset that fits an apocalypse kind of aesthetic, with rubble, fallen trees and burnt grass, that kind of stuff. I'm not optimistic that one is out there but I thought I'd ask.
Response:
You can use the actual tileset and adding some "destroy" effect by yourself like this or that, you can also play with the colours desaturation for example. And finally you can find fallen trees and/or rubble from random tiles on the internet.
Various
Scripts

Pokemon Contests

I'm sure people have discussed this before, but I don't think it's ever been implemented. I'm talking about the contests like in (I think) Emerald that were based on beauty/coolness/etc, as well as the whole Pokeblock making system. I know that a lot of people didn't like this element of the games, but I always thought it was fun to do when taking a break from playing through the story line. Has anyone ever worked on adding this system into their games? Has it ever been implemented somewhere? I really would like to have it back in mine.
Response-
However, per mej-
Never kept that up to date, it may not work properly anymore. Probably has some bugs too

Does anybody here have Shiney570's BW2 scripts? I can't find them since old relic was taken down
Response-
A good number of the scripts on old relic castle still live through Archive.org.
The only major catch is that not everything has been archived, and archive.org tries to redirect the dropbox links and subsequently chokes because it's not allowed to archive them at all. But you can always go to them directly, assuming of course, the dropbox links still work.

Is there a script that allows enemy trainers to use revive that works for v18.1?
Response-
This was made for 17.2, but it might still be compatible with v18.1!
I'm not sure if this already exists, but in HGSS the 1st Pokémon in your party (the following Pokémon) isn't send out of it's Pokéball when it is send out to battle, but rather glides on screen from the left side.
As far as I know this is not something that's implemented in the Pokémon Following script, so I was wondering if there's a way to replicate this way of entering the battle.
This has since been added to the Following Pokemon EX resource.

A script to read other fangame's savedata. Just to do cute random stuff like a "Red" encounter but named after your character on a different game, detecting that you played a game that was developed by a friend and adding a little bonus...
Additionally, I'd like to be able to export a player's party and trainer data and import it so players can sort of "offline battle".
Response-
Finally got something done for that here!
Tutorials

Fulfilled
Graphics
Battlers

Overworlds
Anybody ever formatted gen the 4 NPCs for their game? How about pokemon overworlds for those following pokemon of any gen? There's raw resources available of the sprites, it's just a time sink to format them all for Essentials and I'd bet that a lot of people are doing/have done the exact same work.
I downloaded this pack years ago named "Neo-Spriteman's Resource Pack" and when I googled the name, this thread came out. It seems like some people reuploaded the resources on this page. Hope this helps!
Related-PurpleZaffre's Ultimate Gen 4 Overworlds pack (HGSS and DPPt)

has anyone formatted the gen 6 overworld sprites and shinies already?

Response-
I'll get my cape.

The only thing that I do know of that's missing are the multiple forms for Vivillion, Flabebe line, and Furfrou.

Credits to princess-pheonix of Deviantart.

i need hgss bike and surf sprites
Response-

Does anyone have the, fishing ,and biking sprites for Ethan and Dawn resized in a 4th gen style ready for Pokemon Essentials?
Response-
This here could help you out,

Looking for HGSS main hero and heroine's all OW sprites
Response-
This here could help you, or format them yourself using the spriter's resource resources.

looking for some resources from BW characters: surfing, diving, fishing, bike. I need them, it would be really helpful.
I know there are those from The Spriet Resource but i am not good with aligning sprites
This here could hep you out, that is if you mind downloading an entire game kit. Here's another one.
I don't know if this would already count as "too much", but animated Team Rocket Grunts sprites in the style of Gen V, as Team Plasma feels a bit off when I try to include Team Rocket trainers

Here you go, made some for you! (based off the gen 4 ones)

CtQOq1x.png

Xd2aSqR.png
Tiles
If anyone has or could link me to a consistent, credited, and relatively complete version of the HeartGold/SoulSilver tileset, that would be great? most of the ones I've found with relatively extensive googling are unsourced, incomplete, or both.
Forgive me for the self promo, but I think I've got your hookup:
All made/ripped by me personally, so at least the style is consistent; I think the main thing it's missing are mountain and cave tiles but that the very least there's a start for ya.
I found these with my initial google searching, and they're notably missing the tall grass tiles? (and the buildings in Ruins of Alph, but I think I can get those myself..) If anyone has HGSS tall grass tiles that I could add to it, that would be golden!
@artcanary This has a nice amount of HGSS stuff in it, including tall grass (in autotile form!)

Hi guys! To learn unity I'm actually programming a copy of gen 2 pokemon game (gold,silver,crystal) but multiplayer. I already found the tilesets I need, but I'm not yet be able to find the water/flower animation images (I mean the sequence of 3-4 tiles).

If anyone got luckier and is willing to share them I would appreciate a lot!
Spriters Resource is a great place to start looking, though not all rippers rip everything at times.
Flowers (Top right corner)
Water (Bottom)
Good luck on your project

does anyone have any of these sprites:
Female Pirate Trainer Sprite?
Female Tribal/Wasteland Trainer Sprite?
does anyone have a snow version of pokemon emeralds "Outside" tile set?
or can someone make one?

@Karpy:
I'm not really good at spriting but I tried to make those sprites you want:

TYSlw0z.png
c8xurVb.png

For all spriters here, you may take those sprites and edit them to make them look better.

Does anyone have HGSS door characters? Can't find any u.u

Various
Anyone know where i can find these types of FR/LG bubble graphics? I've looked through tutorials and resource, and searched up on the internet.
I can't find them.
Response:
I ripped this from Firered on a whim a while ago, it has all of the bubbles. Here you go!
UNoYuqw.png
Scripts
Does anyone have an idea of how to implement SOS battles? Even without all of the chaining mechanics like Hidden Abilities and Shinies, I would definitely love any possible help with implementation of the basic concept (if it's possible at all - I'm told Triple and Rotation Battles require significantly rewriting the battle system, and switching between Single and Double on a whim like that is waaay beyond my skill level, especially doing it for only one side... but we at least already have support for wild Double Battles as a starting point if anyone knows how to work from there?). Since this is a canon mechanic, I figure it'd help way more people than just me, so I thought I should ask here rather than just ask for individual help!

(In particular, something like the Totem Pokémon - letting an event encounter SOS for specific allies, not necessarily every wild encounter SOSing for an array of species - would be a gigantic help for me!!)
While not made in response, Vendily's SOS Battles and Golisopod's 2v1 Totem Battles would fit this!

I think it would be really cool to implement player character design into a fan game (i.e. pick hair color, eye color, clothes, etc) and I think I've seen it in a game before so I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I have no idea where to begin. Does anyone have any insights?------------------------
While not made in response, WolfHeretic's Advanced Character Customization suits the bill!

We’re using v17. We would really like to use key items or something in place of HMs, but the script regarding this seems to have changed since v16, which is what the tutorials I’ve seen have applied to. He’s more suited to that part than I am, though, so I’ll just relay info if anyone knows something that we’re missing. :)
We only want to get as deep into the inner workings of the software as we have to, but will learn to do what’s necessary if the resulting product is worth it.

We’re not 100% certain that we want to include fakemon, but probably would if we had some good sprites and icons. Some extra eeveelutions would be great if anyone has them just lying around and doesn’t mind sharing. It’d be nice to actually add some names to the credit folder for our game!
And two more shots in the dark: it looks like a huge pain, but has anyone tried implementing a windy weather condition, like Mega Rayquaza’s ability in OR/AS? Also, is there a way to make a custom flag or something, to add to a ‘Mon’s info in the pbs, that would prevent it from being placed into a team with anything else that has the same flag? (Example: I’d give this flag to the stronger legendaries, so that the player could only have one in the party at a time)
Responses:
Suuuuper lazy response on my part, but I looked into how to do this for someone else a few weeks back. The changes I made are below. Some quick explanation—that person wanted to keep the HM moves in the game with their effects as TMs, and only wanted to add items for a few of the HMs. Hopefully you two can work out how to adapt it to what you want, and if you need a better explanation feel free to send me a message.

Here's a pastebin.

The ability to fight against your own pokemon team, like Mewtwo strikes back or playing as another in game character and having to fight you

EDIT: For clarity sake, imagine you fight an impossiboss at some point and he recks you, then later in the game you play AS the imposiboss and relive that encounter but from his Point of view, where you use his team to dominate your own.

The seeds for this are present, you can clone the players party to a variable/switch, change up their party, then call upon that switch to give the player their team back, and in an old rom hack I played who knows how long ago the Mewtwo strikes back fight happens and it had MY Team. if we had a script that could change the PBS this concept is totally possible
Responses:
Here's a script that lets you define an opponent's team in an event rather than the PBS. With a little extra work, it should help you accomplish this.
Pokécommunity is not working for me right now, but I think one of these threads is what you are looking for:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318191
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355257

I couldn't find any details for this anywhere else, so I wanted to ask: Does anyone know of a resource to expand how many badges you can have in a trainers' case, like in HGSS? Mainly asking since I'm planning on going above 8 badges, but the option doesn't seem easily available.
Response-

Can anyone please give a script with all gen 8 moves and abilities. I will grateful if anyone posts this resource.
Gen 8 Project

I have a request. Can someone make a Script that allows the player's mom to save up the player's money and buy them gifts for their room? Like in HGSS?

A script for offline wonder trading. I don't need it in my current game but if someone make it, it will be good

Does anybody have the PWT from LukasSJ? I went to his site, but it seems that he get rid of the universal plugin installer...
Tutorials
I'm not sure how hard it would be to do this, but I just wanted to ask whether or not there's a way to make Panorama's movable. And if not, how hard would it be to create such a thing.
Response:
Great tutorial idea though, maybe I can find something to write about it...

Edit: I did!

Last edited:

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
You know what would be interesting? If someone rework the Downsing Machine to be more like the Sheik Sensor in Zelda BTW/Shard of Agony in OOT3D.

Think about it. If the player set it On, then a icon would appear somewhere in the screen (maybe top right/left or even bottom left) whenever the player is near the hidden item. If the player was standing right on top of the hidden item, then the icon could be different. This could even use some sounds from BW to help the player know when he is near a hidden item or when he is on top of it.

I think it would be better than having to use the Downsing Machine every time randomly, to see if gets something.

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!

Intresting! I know little about scripting, but that would be really cool!

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
A script to read other fangame's savedata. Just to do cute random stuff like a "Red" encounter but named after your character on a different game, detecting that you played a game that was developed by a friend and adding a little bonus...
Additionally, I'd like to be able to export a player's party and trainer data and import it so players can sort of "offline battle".

I was literally just thinking about this the other day! You could also use it for stuff like Mystery Gifts, like how you could transfer a Manaphy egg from the Ranger games to DPPt!

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
I thought of something interesting.
A script (preferably compatible with both v18 and v19) that allows you to transfer save data from a Firered/Leafgreen ROM into the fan game by putting the .sav file in a new Throwback Save folder.

Sylvecario

Researchless Researcher
I don't know if this would already count as "too much", but animated Team Rocket Grunts sprites in the style of Gen V, as Team Plasma feels a bit off when I try to include Team Rocket trainers

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Here you go, made some for you! (based off the gen 4 ones)

CtQOq1x.png

Xd2aSqR.png

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
Another really cool idea to mix Trainer Cards up without going TOO crazy is a script that can give Trainer Cards a similar feel to the ones Pokecharms allows you to make. Example:
MevSKXa.png

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
MevSKXa.png
Didn't FRLG had a similar system? Nevertheless, it would be cool as hell

Leondrea

Trainer
Does anyone know where I can find Gen 4 or Gen 5 graphics for the male and female player for Riding on Pokemon?
I just could fine one for the boy for gen 4, but I need both, the girl and the boy for gen 4 or 5.
The Pokémon I'll need them to ride on are Rhyhorn, Lapras and Gogoat. If someone can find or make these pls tell me :(

Finally got something done for that here!

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Novice
I have no clue if this is even possible, but I am willing to try.
A script for a new gimmick where the Pokemon uses its held item to change form, sort of like Mega Evolution and Ultra Burst, and right after unleashes a strong move empowered by said item, sort of like Z-Moves.
If I had to give this gimmick a name and items, Demi-Legend Blessing sounds good for the gimmick name, and the items would be the Demi-Legend Gemstone, like a universal Mega Stone, and the Demigod Brace respectively.

nathan_day

Rookie
I was wondering if someone could help me set up a shiny hunting method - the murder method for SWSH
a959f35eed42e49256ac756d3da081f54df88f3er1-640-401v2_hq.jpg
eb90c5d6d933deb1ad037dc2a6e5e3a48c0f6488r1-640-408v2_hq.jpg

Leondrea

Trainer
Please make a tutorial which explains how to add the Player sitting on chairs and benches.
I already have such graphics and I tried to do that with events and change Graphic on Set Move Route
but the player won't change its Graphic anymore and will start moving with its sitting graphic.
And a tutorial would be so great and I'd be so grateful for that.
Thank you!

kkyyy1

Rookie
Was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of some Pokemon military trainer Sprites and tile sets

SalyaDarken

Breeder?
can someone help me with something. I'm not really sure if it's okay to ask here, but I looked around and asked on discord but still don't know what to really do, nor how to do it. So here's the question, can someone make a tut, on how to make the sprite gender that the player didn't pick to be the rival? ex; the player picked male, so the female would be his rival. Like in ruby and sapphire.

Back