• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests 2.0

This is an informative overview thread.

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
Custom pause menu in the style of SWSH or BDSP (2 rows of menu options in the center of the screen with icons)

I'd love to see a tutorial about using Wine/Joiplay to play games from someone familiar with those programs. Feels like every time a game starts getting traction outside of this community, we get an influx of people asking how to play it on Android and Mac. I know the program needed, but not how to actually get it to work, so I don't want to start linking people to them and end up with them coming back with "Wait, but how do I work this?" and not have any clue myself.

I'd also love to see a tutorial on audio in RMXP - different file types, best methods for converting, stereo vs mono, etc. I just recently had a mini freakout over some .ogg files not working for maps until I realized that the game doesn't recognize audio files with an é in them, haha.

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
I'd love to see a tutorial about using Wine/Joiplay to play games from someone familiar with those programs. Feels like every time a game starts getting traction outside of this community, we get an influx of people asking how to play it on Android and Mac. I know the program needed, but not how to actually get it to work, so I don't want to start linking people to them and end up with them coming back with "Wait, but how do I work this?" and not have any clue myself.

I'd also love to see a tutorial on audio in RMXP - different file types, best methods for converting, stereo vs mono, etc. I just recently had a mini freakout over some .ogg files not working for maps until I realized that the game doesn't recognize audio files with an é in them, haha.
Thing about joiplay now is that with games made in v20 (which most games gaining traction now are made in from what I see), MKXP makes it incompatible with joiplay, so unless joplay is updated to work with MKXP or vice-versa, I don't think it'll be too helpful, especially in the long run as it'll only become quickly more and more useless. Though for some pre v20 games that are still played, it could be helpful I suppose. If no one else does, I guess I can take it upon myself to make a tutorial once I'm home (and tinker with Wine a bit so it can be more helpful for the v20 games)

Lucidious89

Champion
Would be interesting to see scripts for some recent things such as Noble Pokemon, Strong/Agile Style Moves, and so on after PLA releases in other parts of the world.
I've recently made a PLA Battle Styles plugin for Strong/Agile moves.

KhorneRDM

Rookie
Hi ! Does anyone have a HGSS' Sinjoh Ruins tileset ? I didn't found one anywhere, even on this forum, so thanks if anyone have one 😊

PARCB

Novice
As I asked in Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 v1.0.3, i'd like to ask if someone is able to make Overworld Sprites for the Megas and Gigamax out of the works of:
Also if someone is able to make follower sprites for pokémon with in-battle forms like castform or cherrim.
And gotta say that sprites are everything: some are battle sprites, some are overworld sprites.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Can I have the Johto Gym Leader's overworld sprites in a Gen 3 style? I couldn't find any on here.

Edit: I found some now.

Last edited:

Edael

Sad Mad Duck Enthusiast
Now this might be a stretch of a request to make, but I might as well give it a go

I'd like to request a plugin that allows for adding modular pokemon entrance, exit, and fainting animations

When you start a battle, whether it be with a trainer or a wild mon, you send your mon out, with it and an opposing trainer's mon playing an animation of them coming out of a pokeball.

Say I wanted to change this entrance animation, remove the ball and scaling effects, and make the mons hop out from the side of the screen. For when they switch they would hop back for the next mon to hop out, and for fainting they would play an animation and poof. All rather easy to change, BUT, what if I wanted a certain mon to have a completely different set of animations for entering a battle? A flying mon just falling from above? A Mon digging into battle? Muk fainting and becoming flat as a pancake, playing a fart noise, and spinning into non-existence? Now that, that's a bit of an issue...

Basically, I'm requesting a plugin/ script that gives a developer the ability to define custom battle entrances and exits, allowing for defining potentially certain mons, or better not defining it to a specific mon but instead a script call before battle that tells the game "Make this mon enter, exit, and faint like this". Potentially allowing for a dev to feed the call a species, party order, typing, etc.

If anything like that already exist (Can't say I didn't already try searching for it) then let me know, else well... If you've been chopping at the bit for a plugin idea, bob's yer uncle. If no one is up for doing that just cause, I'd love to commission for such a plugin if possible, please inquire with me on that and we can discuss pricing and plugin details in depth. (hope saying that doesn't attract the ire of any mods, policy says it shouldn't but if it's a prob I can remove it no problem)

Just to note, https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/1047/ is not what I'm looking for, it's intros into a battle and not animations for the mons themselves.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Is there an autotile with FRLG style soot grass? I would like to use it for my route next to a volcano. I also would like one for lava too.

Last edited:

Clodsire

Rookie
I need Leaf, sprite from generation 4.
Surf, Fishing, FLY Animation, Save, Bike, Run, Walk etc.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Does anyone have Colress sprites? I need the vs and trainer sprites for my game. And I have an overworld one already.
Edit: I have resized some from bulbapedia and now I have them.

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Alright, so someone in my Discord who is helping out just came up with an amazing idea for a special kind of TM that I think could potentially revolutionize the way TM systems work in fangames if it was turned into a resource. Their idea is to have a variant of TM that can teach multiple moves of a certain category (think all the hazards, all the weather moves, all the elemental punches, etc). I'm pretty sure this is possible to make, but I have no clue how to do it and I would love to see it become something that people could add to their games to keep TM lineups from getting bloated. I really hope someone who is an experienced ruby coder can do it.

Lucidious89

Champion
Alright, so someone in my Discord who is helping out just came up with an amazing idea for a special kind of TM that I think could potentially revolutionize the way TM systems work in fangames if it was turned into a resource. Their idea is to have a variant of TM that can teach multiple moves of a certain category (think all the hazards, all the weather moves, all the elemental punches, etc). I'm pretty sure this is possible to make, but I have no clue how to do it and I would love to see it become something that people could add to their games to keep TM lineups from getting bloated. I really hope someone who is an experienced ruby coder can do it.
That doesnt sound particularly difficult to implement. I imagine theyd just work like normal TM's, just with a choice selection box that lets you select a particular move to teach.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Yeah it doesn't sound hard but I'm like the Ruby equivalent of a wet noodle so uh I can't do it lol

Back