• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests 2.0

This is an informative overview thread.
can someone help me with something. I'm not really sure if it's okay to ask here, but I looked around and asked on discord but still don't know what to really do, nor how to do it. So here's the question, can someone make a tut, on how to make the sprite gender that the player didn't pick to be the rival? ex; the player picked male, so the female would be his rival. Like in ruby and sapphire.
That’s really just a matter of using global switches. You’d just make a switch for the player’s gender (the wiki has an explanation on using scripts in switches here, though you could also just set it manually at player selection), and use that to change events using the rival.

SalyaDarken

Breeder?
That’s really just a matter of using global switches. You’d just make a switch for the player’s gender (the wiki has an explanation on using scripts in switches here, though you could also just set it manually at player selection), and use that to change events using the rival.
I read over all of that, but I still don't really understand it, which is why I asked for a tut on it. owo

I read over all of that, but I still don't really understand it, which is why I asked for a tut on it. owo
There’s already plenty of tutorials out there for how to use global switches- it’s one of the basics of RPG Maker, which is a pretty old software. I linked the Essentials wiki on events, which explains some of it, as well as some examples in the default maps, and just googling “RPG Maker XP” should turn up plenty of results, like this one from 2006, (I’m pretty sure RPG Maker has a built-tutorial system for its base features, too)

SalyaDarken

Breeder?
There’s already plenty of tutorials out there for how to use global switches- it’s one of the basics of RPG Maker, which is a pretty old software. I linked the Essentials wiki on events, which explains some of it, as well as some examples in the default maps, and just googling “RPG Maker XP” should turn up plenty of results, like this one from 2006, (I’m pretty sure RPG Maker has a built-tutorial system for its base features, too)
okay I'm read over it and see if I can learn how to do it, if not, I will just wait until I can get someone to join the staff of my game to do it. Thank you for your time. ^^

Ozander

Ozander
Looking for Gen 3 style Police station (outdoor) .
I search internet for a 2 hours, and don't find any cool tile

Tauxins

Aspiring Game Maker
Would be interesting to see scripts for some recent things such as Noble Pokemon, Strong/Agile Style Moves, and so on after PLA releases in other parts of the world.

Astefia

Cooltrainer
A possible small script for some plot points - some trainers call their Pokemon from offscreen instead of summoning via Pokeballs. Which animation type is used for which trainer is set individually, as a special parameter, and can be changed throughout the game. One battle can have the trainers with different value of this parameter.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
I couldn't find any discussion about it, but I believe people would love to see BDSP contest system, it's so fun!

SalyaDarken

Breeder?
I have a request. Can someone make a Script that allows the player's mom to save up the player's money and buy them gifts for their room? Like in HGSS?

Appletun's Apples

Trainer
A request, though this seems to be added in V20 by what Maruno said in the DIscord. Sorting items alphabetically in each pocket.

mindbender12

Novice
I’d love to have a code to get a battle Royale style of gameplay in. Being able to fight multiple different trainers in a free for all would be cool.

WDG15

Rookie
So I am an idea for a gimmick I want to make for my game, but have zero idea how to code in ruby. The idea for my gimmick is that if your pokémon is holding a custom item known as the Astral Orb and their at half health or less, a button will appear above the fight menu in similar fashion to mega evolution. upon selecting the option, you are to select one of you moves which you share a type in common EX: Pikachu only being an electric type can only select an electric move, while Charizard being fire and flying can use either of those move types. After selecting this move, your pokémon will go into an Astral form, gaining a fifth of their max health back(reason I want it to only work at half health or less). The move you selected will do 1.5x the damage it would normal on the first turn of being in the Astral form, 1.3x on the second turn, and 1.25x on the third turn before return to normal damage. And after the 7th turn your pokémon reverts back into the original form. Sorry if this is unnecessarily complicated but I have been racking my brain trying to get it to work to no avail.

RidgeBoy

Novice
Hello,
I can't seem to find this anywhere on the site, and then I tried building it myself and failed miserably:

Could anyone help make it be so that Pokedex doesn't show blank entries?

My use case is that I give the player the national dex at the start of the game.
So if they see a bulbasaur, a turtwig, and a grookey, then when they open their pokedex there are HUNDREDS of blank entries between those three.
I know you can use simply hit the "search" button in the pokedex and the default search options get rid of all the blanks, so it is only like two clicks in-game to accomplish this,
BUT I don't if my players will think to use the search button in that way.
I think it would be convenient for blank entries to be removed from the pokedex to start.

I appreciate any advice and help that people can offer! Thank you!

PARCB

Novice
Second post I write here
No one seems interested in porting the overworld sprites or either megas or gmax
Larryturbo, SageDeoxys, Kidkatt and Princess-Phoenix made all these cool sprites that can be used for making an OW Mega or Giga
Imagine in your game an intro scene against a GigaAlcremie or Eternatus Infinimax

The request is if someone can make proper XP sprites from these images. All the community should be enjoying them!

View attachment 12728

View attachment 12727

PARCB

Novice
This might be a bit specific but what the heck.
I've been looking for Pokemon backsprites that are gen 5 style; the full backsprites, not cutoff. Does anyone know of a resource with full backsprites?

Oh, might be worth mentioning: I'm not looking for EBS formatted sprites.
Can anyone help me in finding Mega evolution battler sprites?
Is there any place with a download for every gen 6 pokemon front and back sprites in a DPP style?
I am looking for mega evolved pokemon sprites (front, back ,shiny) and Arcues Fairy front back and shiny sprites for size 192x192. Please send me link and the names of those to credit!

In this forum, Concealed Resources have them

MaybeGreg

Rookie
Not looking for any of the graphics associated with it, but I'm looking for a script/plugin that treats super shinies as a second shiny variation.
Rather than/In addition to, the sparkle changing, the Pokémon itself loads a different set of front, back, icon sprites, preferably from a folder separate from the base shiny form.
Again, not requiring the sprites themselves. That's overkill, haha.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
similar to the comment above, I'm also looking for a shiny variant with it's own folder and colors
(I saw that Shatered Light did it, please help uuuus)

Last edited:
Back