• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

smiths12

Rookie
Hello, I get an error every time I fly to a city. I don't know why, everything else works fine. I am using version 18.1, help please i want this script in my game.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 213

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Hello, I get an error every time I fly to a city. I don't know why, everything else works fine. I am using version 18.1, help please i want this script in my game.
I'm gonna assume you know how to read and have read the main post because,

This script is not compatible with Essentials v18, v17.2, v16.2 or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

smiths12

Rookie
I'm gonna assume you know how to read and have read the main post because,
If I read the post but I did not download this version, I am using v18.1 as I said before, the proof is that the script does not give me an error when entering the game.

I am using a version before it was updated to v19.

If you want I can put the code so you can see that it is not the same, now if they no longer give help to previous versions nothing happens, I understand

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I am using a version before it was updated to v19.
If I'm not providing compatibility for an older version of Essentials then it should be assumed that I'm not gonna provide support for it as well. Feel free to continue using the older version, but unfortunately you'll have to live with all the bugs and problems that version had.

smiths12

Rookie
If I'm not providing compatibility for an older version of Essentials then it should be assumed that I'm not gonna provide support for it as well. Feel free to continue using the older version, but unfortunately you'll have to live with all the bugs and problems that version had.
Ok thanks anyway

Aussaye

Rookie
Having issues where the "larger" Pokemon (eg. Rayquaza) don't show. is this something I have don't wrong or does he not show up?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Having issues where the "larger" Pokemon (eg. Rayquaza) don't show. is this something I have don't wrong or does he not show up?
This is normal behaviour. In the official games, Pokemon taller than 10ft in height don't follow the player in interior maps. This is done to prevent a 70ft tall Groudon from absolutely obliterating some poor dudes home, when you enter it. This script recreates that effect from those games. If these "larger Pokemon" aren't appearing in your outdoor maps as well, then that means that your map metadata is poorly set up and you need to correct it to add the "Outdoor" property to it. Here's the wiki link for how to set up your map metadata, please read it.

Aussaye

Rookie
This is normal behaviour. In the official games, Pokemon taller than 10ft in height don't follow the player in interior maps. This is done to prevent a 70ft tall Groudon from absolutely obliterating some poor dudes home, when you enter it. This script recreates that effect from those games. If these "larger Pokemon" aren't appearing in your outdoor maps as well, then that means that your map metadata is poorly set up and you need to correct it to add the "Outdoor" property to it. Here's the wiki link for how to set up your map metadata, please read it.
Thank you! got it working now thanks for the help

TheSheikahScholar

How do I change this? :P
Fixed these in my game, but I wanted to make you aware of a couple of minor text-based issues on rainy maps.

[2021-09-10] 13_32_16.905.png
[2021-09-10] 13_32_04.265.png

Ecdys

Rookie
Sorry to bother.
I've been getting this error after installation and on the first debug compile --- I could not locate the hotfix plugin anywhere on the net. Is this an actual thing that exists or is it an error denoting something wrong with installation on my part?

Let me know when you can. Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• Error Log.png
    Error Log.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 166

PDM20

Coder of Chaos!
Sorry to bother.
I've been getting this error after installation and on the first debug compile --- I could not locate the hotfix plugin anywhere on the net. Is this an actual thing that exists or is it an error denoting something wrong with installation on my part?

Let me know when you can. Thanks for your time!
have you tried looking on The PokeCommunity?

thaibao

Rookie
Helps me, Sir
I'm using "Pokemon essential V19.1", I installed "Pokemon following 2.07". If I follow the error to create "Graphics/Characters/Followers/000", the pokemon graphic 000 will follow . But it's only "000". I can't change the following pokemon to another one.
1632743854668.png

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I'm using "Pokemon essential V19.1", I installed "Pokemon following 2.07". If I follow the error to create "Graphics/Characters/Followers/000", the pokemon graphic 000 will follow . But it's only "000". I can't change the following pokemon to another one.
You need to actually have the graphics for the Pokemon to change the graphics of the Pokemon. The script only loads the "000" graphic when it can't find any other graphic to load. Make sure you actually have the Graphics, and make sure the Graphics follow the appropriate naming convention. If you are still unable to do it, then I'd suggest downloading the resource linked in the thread to get the Generation 1-8 overworld sprites, all formatted for the Project.

thaibao

Rookie
You need to actually have the graphics for the Pokemon to change the graphics of the Pokemon. The script only loads the "000" graphic when it can't find any other graphic to load. Make sure you actually have the Graphics, and make sure the Graphics follow the appropriate naming convention. If you are still unable to do it, then I'd suggest downloading the resource linked in the thread to get the Generation 1-8 overworld sprites, all formatted for the Project.
ohhhhhhhhhh. It's worked. ohhhhhhhh. Thank you so much!. you're the best!
1632751013492.png

jbull7054

Rookie
I'm just having slight problem with the following pokemon not jumping over the ledge and also glitches each time you change into a new map. Thanks for the help.

Back