• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon TRAPPED

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
credits1.png

Pokémon TRAPPED
A game about you going off to train a Pokémon you got on your 10th Birthday in Crystalion Cave. When you enter the entrance behind you closes. He meets people who are also trapped and goes around exploring trying to find a way to escape.

Screenshot%2B1.png

Screenshot%2B2.png

Screenshot%2B3.png

Screenshot%2B4.png

Screenshot%2B5.png

Screenshot%2B6.png
Game Download:
Version 3.0
Made Using: RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials
Team
CoumarineTrainerAndy

Resource Pack

CoumarineTrainerAndy
Used Graphics and other by:
Thundaga
Luka S.J.
Additional art by the Thundaga Community
Michael (Senor Bambos)
Sandzyboy
Roan Da Fish
Kitsuna2
Atlantis
MrMcgee
Jonas930
ThePixelTrainer
Following Sprites used from: Essentials BW
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy & MiDas Mike
Brother1440 & Near Fantastica
FL. & PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami & Popper
help-14 & Rataime
IceGod64 & SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock & the__end
KitsuneKouta & Venom12
Lisa Anthony & Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out'
Elite Battle System was created by: Luka S.J.
Modular Menu Screen was created by: Luka S.J.
Modular Title Screen was created by Luka S.J.
Better Region Map was created by: Marin
Random Starter Pokemon was created by: Thundaga
Following Pokemon was created by: mej71

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee soundtrack was used and was made by Junichi Masuda​

Last edited:
Hey CoumarineTrainerAndy,

Could you expand your credits section to include Pokémon Essentials credits, as well as any other public resource you've used? It'd also be better if you were able to upload your screenshots as embeds (by getting a direct link for each image, and wrapping it in
tags).

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hey CoumarineTrainerAndy,

Could you expand your credits section to include Pokémon Essentials credits, as well as any other public resource you've used? It'd also be better if you were able to upload your screenshots as embeds (by getting a direct link for each image, and wrapping it in
tags).
I fixed it, thank you.

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.1 is out!
  • Added Events in Route 1 and Pokemon Sun and Moon Protagonist Sprite in Gemstone City.
  • Edited moveset for Cavako
  • Fixed glitch that only rival had Moltres no matter what the player had fought.
  • Added final rival battle after going home.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 1.2 is out!
This one update fixes one HUGE bug that I did not think of. So in the game you have to surf if you have a water type but you need a gym badge for that. So I made it that you got a gym badge silently before the item SURF was given to you. I also made it in case you already played and do not want to restart. If you talk to the grunt on the right the code will be run and it should work. If any of you players find bugs while playing please put them here and I will try my best to fix it.

Last edited:
Hey I played for a bit and had a good time! I think I'm stuck though?
I got past the Crystal Defender's little home, and headed to the right towards the ice trial, then ran into this.
zXPXL84.png

This is amazing for a first game though! The only critique I have so far is that the maps are a little big, and the very opening before teaming up with my friend is pretty rough, I blacked out like 3 times. I think it'd be a lot easier if Oshawott just had some more moves to start with, especially a water move! Or just learn water gun a bit earlier on the first level up?

Atomic Reactor

Retired.
I was able to watch Aki play, and it looks like a solid project. Some of the custom graphics could use tweaking here and there, but it's awesome that you were able to include your own custom stuff at all!

I agree with Aki on the move set, you could totally tweak the Oshawott move set in the PBS files so that it starts with bubble or learns other moves while leveling up, that would make it less of a grind.

I would also consider adding some more items on the ground? You have a lot of explorable space, but you don't get rewarded for doing the exploring. Think Repels, Potions, Revives, stuff like that. (Perhaps a few hidden rare candies for the extra sleuthy players?)

I think these are some easy fixes you could make before the deadline!

Nice job!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hey I played for a bit and had a good time! I think I'm stuck though?
I got past the Crystal Defender's little home, and headed to the right towards the ice trial, then ran into this.
zXPXL84.png

This is amazing for a first game though! The only critique I have so far is that the maps are a little big, and the very opening before teaming up with my friend is pretty rough, I blacked out like 3 times. I think it'd be a lot easier if Oshawott just had some more moves to start with, especially a water move! Or just learn water gun a bit earlier on the first level up?
Thank you for the feedback. Oshawott is not the only Pokémon you could get as a starter you could also get Squirtle(which was the only Pokémon I got in my testing) also the ice trial is not there you have to go up a level. If you go up there is stairs. There should’ve been an event there saying there was no trials that way. Also I will change the movesets of the Pokémon and change starters to only be super effective against rock types so it’s not a game of chance at the beginning.

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
I was able to watch Aki play, and it looks like a solid project. Some of the custom graphics could use tweaking here and there, but it's awesome that you were able to include your own custom stuff at all!

I agree with Aki on the move set, you could totally tweak the Oshawott move set in the PBS files so that it starts with bubble or learns other moves while leveling up, that would make it less of a grind.

I would also consider adding some more items on the ground? You have a lot of explorable space, but you don't get rewarded for doing the exploring. Think Repels, Potions, Revives, stuff like that. (Perhaps a few hidden rare candies for the extra sleuthy players?)

I think these are some easy fixes you could make before the deadline!

Nice job!
Like I said with Aki you can get more Pokémon than Oshawott, it’s random. But I will change the starters you get and will also change the move set. Also I will add more items to ground thank you for that idea.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
I would suggest if you didn't play this game yet to play this Version.
Version 2.0 is out!
What I added was some items on the ground in case you want to explore more and made it that you only get Grass or Water types as starters, I also edited the moveset for them so you don't have to grind every second. I also fixed the map connections that weren't there. If anything comes up please tell me and I'll try to fix it before the deadline.

Reactions: Aki
Hi! Congrats on releasing a game! I found a few bugs on my first time playing and I'll list them below.
I streamed this game on my twitch, and this is the VOD if you'd like to watch it, cause I probably forgot a few things:

1. I went all the way back to the cave entrance because I thought that was where the fire trial is, but I couldn't go through the ladder on the left side of the entrance of the cave because it still says that the rival is exploring on that side.

2. I think I skipped a few things in the ice trial, because I remember only getting text for completing obstacle one and obstacle five. I'm not sure if there are only text for those two, but those are the only two I got any notification for.

3. When I defeated the trial boss for the ice trial, instead of getting an Ice Gem, I got a Fire Gem.

4. After the ice trial, when you talk to the rival, at the end of the conversation, I got into an infinite loop of the rival just saying "Good Luck!"

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hi! Congrats on releasing a game! I found a few bugs on my first time playing and I'll list them below.
I streamed this game on my twitch, and this is the VOD if you'd like to watch it, cause I probably forgot a few things:

1. I went all the way back to the cave entrance because I thought that was where the fire trial is, but I couldn't go through the ladder on the left side of the entrance of the cave because it still says that the rival is exploring on that side.

2. I think I skipped a few things in the ice trial, because I remember only getting text for completing obstacle one and obstacle five. I'm not sure if there are only text for those two, but those are the only two I got any notification for.

3. When I defeated the trial boss for the ice trial, instead of getting an Ice Gem, I got a Fire Gem.

4. After the ice trial, when you talk to the rival, at the end of the conversation, I got into an infinite loop of the rival just saying "Good Luck!"

I’m sorry you did not enjoy the game. The graphics I made were the first graphics I ever made so I gave it my best shot. Hopefully next game jam they’re better. I will fix the bugs right now and release 2.1. But the 2nd-4th trial just weren’t said but you did finish them. Then for the last ice puzzle(that wasn’t an ice puzzle) was the 5th challenge and for some reason goes off automatically. Also in the code it says Ice gem, don’t know why you got a Fire Gem. Also for the repeat I made it that if you talked to him he says good luck but i accidentally made it an auto run. I hope you have a better experience with it going forward. Also there are hidden rare candies in the ground which might help you. But for next game jam I’ll try to do better. This was my first finished game, I did try to make games before this. Thank you for all the feedback in stream and I’ll try to do better next time. And one reason why I did bad in the writing is because I’m 13 and still working on writing, hopefully you enjoy the rest Of the game. Can’t wait to see your reaction to the end. Especially the post-game story.

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Update to this version if you did or didnn't play this game before.
Version 2.1 is out!
Through Cadeorade5's live stream I have seen bugs and critiques. I have changed the base name of the rival to Cade for being the first person to stream or record playing the game, it helps me out a lot. I found why you got a Fire Gem, I made both gems the same number ID so I fixed that. I also made it that you could go to the fire gem because I made the event go on the wrong switch. Also I fixed the Good Luck loop. Please update the game or else you won't be able to finish it. Again if anyone encounters any bugs, tell me. I have 1 day to finish the rest of the bugs so. Hopefully they will all be found. Also I changed Swablu in the first battle to a Geodude.

Last edited:

GalacticGaming

Novice
So I finished beating the Articuno and got a gem. Then I got lost trying to find the next trial & ended up back in the ice trial cave. I also saved in there by accident so now I am literally trapped. I can't go back through the entrance and the Articuno is already defeated so I can't do anything. Any help?

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
So I finished beating the Articuno and got a gem. Then I got lost trying to find the next trial & ended up back in the ice trial cave. I also saved in there by accident so now I am literally trapped. I can't go back through the entrance and the Articuno is already defeated so I can't do anything. Any help?
I’ll fix the bug so that you can exit, sorry about that. Also the fire trial is after the left ladder.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 2.2 is out!
This is the final update, I hope.
I made it that you can exit the Ice Cave through the exit, and you can now go to the Fire Trial. Also changed the text form three trials to two. If you find any more bugs please tell me and I'll try to fix them as soon as I can.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
I know it's only been 39 minutes since the last update but...
Version 2.3 is out!! The (hopefully) REAL final update.
I edited some text, and also made you transfer into places that weren't working, and just made events work in general. I will update this if anymore bugs come up. Hopefully not in the next 39 minutes again.

Back