• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon TRAPPED

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
credits1.png

Pokémon TRAPPED
A game about you going off to train a Pokémon you got on your 10th Birthday in Crystalion Cave. When you enter the entrance behind you closes. He meets people who are also trapped and goes around exploring trying to find a way to escape.

Screenshot%2B1.png

Screenshot%2B2.png

Screenshot%2B3.png

Screenshot%2B4.png

Screenshot%2B5.png

Screenshot%2B6.png
Game Download:
Version 3.0
Made Using: RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials
Team
CoumarineTrainerAndy

Resource Pack

CoumarineTrainerAndy
Used Graphics and other by:
Thundaga
Luka S.J.
Additional art by the Thundaga Community
Michael (Senor Bambos)
Sandzyboy
Roan Da Fish
Kitsuna2
Atlantis
MrMcgee
Jonas930
ThePixelTrainer
Following Sprites used from: Essentials BW
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy & MiDas Mike
Brother1440 & Near Fantastica
FL. & PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami & Popper
help-14 & Rataime
IceGod64 & SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock & the__end
KitsuneKouta & Venom12
Lisa Anthony & Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out'
Elite Battle System was created by: Luka S.J.
Modular Menu Screen was created by: Luka S.J.
Modular Title Screen was created by Luka S.J.
Better Region Map was created by: Marin
Random Starter Pokemon was created by: Thundaga
Following Pokemon was created by: mej71

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee soundtrack was used and was made by Junichi Masuda​

Last edited:

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Ummm. 2.4!

The Third Final Update is Out!
Version 2.4 is out!
It changes one bug, you can now surf across even without a water Pokemon.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Man, fourth final update. Lot more bugs then I thought.
Version 2.5 is out!
Hopefully... Hopefully this is the last update I don't know at this point. This update fixes the transfer bug, because it transfers you to a different map so, now it transfers correctly! If there are any more bugs, let me know.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Um... I’ll make an update for if you exit that area you’ll go to the fire trial.

Version 2.6 is out!
You do not need to update it's just so if you did the transfer that put you in the wrong place you can exit and go where you're supposed to go.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Version 3.0 is out!
I'm 99.99% sure this is the final update.
Finished bugs in fire trial and credits. I'm pretty sure there are no more bugs.

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
You should be teleported to a meeting with your friend, then if you remember this area, you go into the exit area right of the second floor of the defender home. You should go into a conversation with the leader. Remember you weren’t supposed to go there yet in the first episode?

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hmmmmmmmmm. 3.1!

It does work I checked, the rival event in crystal defender home f1 is action pressed not auto run. So if you talk to the rival you shuould be able to go there

I have a finished version of the game out! Doesn't mean it's good though. One BIG problem was that at the end I just rushed it and didn't test so that's why there are more bugs at the end then beginning. I hope you all enjoyed it anyways. It was fun and can't wait to continue the story in the next jam.

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
Hey CoumarineTrainerAndy,

I was enjoying the game--I only played about 40 minutes of it, because when I faced off against a Grunt immediately after being ferried over the water, I lost (my Treecko didn't stand a chance to his high-levelled Nidoran). This sent me back "home", to Pokemon Essentials' default Lappet Town's player home, which I'm sure wasn't supposed to happen. I took a screengrab after I exited the building to find myself in Lappet Town:
unknown.png

Anyway, from what I did see, I liked the scenario, and I think the mapping and eventing were fairly good, especially for a game jam game. The level balance was a bit on the rough side for me, having a level 5 starter and running into level 8 pokemon in the first area lead to a bit of a steep learning curve that I wasn't prepared for, so I lost several times and was transported to the cave entrance. I'm not sure why it threw me back to Lappet Town after a trainer defeat, though.

Keep on keeping on!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hey CoumarineTrainerAndy,

I was enjoying the game--I only played about 40 minutes of it, because when I faced off against a Grunt immediately after being ferried over the water, I lost (my Treecko didn't stand a chance to his high-levelled Nidoran). This sent me back "home", to Pokemon Essentials' default Lappet Town's player home, which I'm sure wasn't supposed to happen. I took a screengrab after I exited the building to find myself in Lappet Town:
unknown.png

Anyway, from what I did see, I liked the scenario, and I think the mapping and eventing were fairly good, especially for a game jam game. The level balance was a bit on the rough side for me, having a level 5 starter and running into level 8 pokemon in the first area lead to a bit of a steep learning curve that I wasn't prepared for, so I lost several times and was transported to the cave entrance. I'm not sure why it threw me back to Lappet Town after a trainer defeat, though.

Keep on keeping on!
I’ll fix this as soon as possible, thanks for telling me.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
Okay, I finished the ice trial, and went over to the side of the cave where my rival/ friend went when we first got trapped. It says there is a hole in the floor somewhere, and I searched over 30 minutes and cannot find it. Is this the way to the fire trial? Twice I hit F to bring up my registered map and got kicked out of the game and when I came back I was on the opposite side of the cave where I went at the beginning.

Neeka

Cooltrainer
Okay, I finished the ice trial, and went over to the side of the cave where my rival/ friend went when we first got trapped. It says there is a hole in the floor somewhere, and I searched over 30 minutes and cannot find it. Is this the way to the fire trial? Twice I hit F to bring up my registered map and got kicked out of the game and when I came back I was on the opposite side of the cave where I went at the beginning.
Okay, this is messed up. I watched Galactic Gaming's walkthrough, and there was a hole there on the left part of the cave that led to the fire trial, yet it isn't there for me.

Back