• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Daybreak [NEW UPDATE!]

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Discord: Discord Invite
Wiki: Wiki Link

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -
Pokémon Daybreak
is a fangame made in Pokémon Essentials, and has been in the works for over 4 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more. Recently as of Feburary 2023, we have released a huge overhaul update which was in the works for over 2 years!

- - - TRAILER - - -

- - - STORY - - -
A meteor has struck, and you, the local professor's new assistant are assigned to the case. However, some mischievous individuals have beat you to it; and are inspecting the meteor for their own purposes. Who are they, and why is the meteor imperative?

Pokémon Daybreak introduces the enigmatic region 'Armira', and is centralised around storytelling and challenging gameplay. The game is aesthetically beautiful and there are many unique locations you will encounter on your journey, such as a meteor crash site, a castle and a cherry blossom forest. Themes of exploitation, greed, and history are examined and lore is dotted all throughout the game. Take on the challenge of becoming Pokémon Champion in the all-embracing region of Armira!

- - - FEATURES - - -
ss6.png
ss8.png

• A new and expansive region, 'Armira' and post game 'Armiran Isles'​
  • 10 Gyms, Elite Four + Champion
  • At least 20 hours of gameplay
  • A custom dex of 400 Pokémon from gens 1-9 (excluding 200 from post game)​
  • Difficulty Settings (Normal and Hard Mode)
  • Classic GBA-Theme, with Gen 3 Styled textures, music and many new, custom remixes​
  • An intriguing, climactic story with new, original characters​
  • New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more​
  • New custom mega evolutions, including those of Milotic, Heliolisk, Mega Venusaur and Blastoise X​
  • 'Dualeons' are a mix of two eeveelution types to create a new mon​
  • Quests (Including optional side-quests)​
  • The ability to see ALL encounters in that area from your menu​
  • The Battle Island! (Our version of the Battle Frontier)​
  • Complete Post Game with its own regional dex and a final act to the story!​
  • An active discord where you can interact with other players, the developers, find a FAQ, get updates immediately and more​

• How to Download:
  • There are 2 download methods

• 1. Classic Method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Download Zip
  • this will download the newest version, but means to update the game you will have to patch​

• 2. Better method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Open with Github Destkop.​
  • This will allow you to receive the newest updates with 0 need to patch. All you have to do is click Pull on Github Destkop.​
  • The README.txt in the game files has a FAQ​
  • Current Version: v1.7 [Updated 2nd Feburary 2023]
Mystery Gifts!
Change Nickname from party screen
Custom move animations
Many new regional and mega evolutions
MANY Easter eggs
Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Slowbro
Newer Gen pokemon available, such as Kingambit and Corviknight
Some HMs have been replaced with equipment
Speed-up button [Tab]
Some Pokémon have new moves/move sets, for example Heliolisk can now learn Fire Blast
New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Armiran Garchomp Exclusive)
No Z-Moves, Gigantamax or Terastylization
Many side, optional areas where you can complete quests, find rare items and Pokémon, etc

ss5.png
ss7.png

ss4.png
ss2.png
image (15).png
image (17).png

image (18).png
image44.png

CREDITS: Credits List
In no way do we receive any profit for this fangame or anything related to such. We are protected under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.
Discord:
Discord Invite

Attachments

• DAYBREAK.png
    DAYBREAK.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 195,871
  • image (16).png
    image (16).png
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,530
  • image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    21 KB · Views: 4,766
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 7,584
Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Alright, I encountered an actual bug this time.

I was able to use Rock Smash before obtaining the second badge which I did not realize was not supposed to be the case until I had gone all the way to Zeph town and talked to Professor North who told me I needed 3 badges to be able to get an invite to join some explorers and found the Zeph Town gym inaccessible.

In this time I had hunted and caught a Midkip and evolved it into a Marshtomp but if it's any consolation Rocco still put up a bit of a challenge with his Solrock and Lunatone.

Lucifer

Fallen1
I must admit that I am beginning to feel a bit frustrated.

I am coming up on level 30 and just made it to the 4th gym town but am still running on Water Gun, Ember, Thunder Shock, and Confusion whilst all the NPCs have babies with Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Surf, Thunder, etc and other first-stage Pokemon with moves I don't have access to such as Arial Ace and the elemental punches.

The Electric Gym leader, Taze's team is a downright cheat. Water and Grass Hidden Powers across the board, a Chinchou with Surf and a Ludicolo that doesn't even belong on an Electric team and is a perfect Ground counter.

I can appreciate the desire to present a challenge and I'm up for it but this is a bit unreasonably unbalanced.
I try to respect challenges in games without caps by maintaining a level balance with the AI but at this point, this game is starting to make me feel as though I need to over-level just to get decent moves.

On a positive note, the regional variants are awesome, the aesthetics are beautiful, and Squad Zero's logo animation and hoodies are super dope. The plot thus far has been vague and a bit of a repetitive chase that hasn't led anywhere but I am intrigued to know the significance of this meteor crash and what Squad Zero wants with the Ore.

Last edited:

Bloodalpha__

Rookie
I must admit that I am beginning to feel a bit frustrated.

I am coming up on level 30 and just made it to the 4th gym town but am still running on Water Gun, Ember, Thunder Shock, and Confusion whilst all the NPCs have babies with Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Surf, Thunder, etc and other first-stage Pokemon with moves I don't have access to such as Arial Ace and the elemental punches.

The Electric Gym leader, Taze's team is a downright cheat. Water and Grass Hidden Powers across the board, a Chinchou with Surf and a Ludicolo that doesn't even belong on an Electric team and is a perfect Ground counter.

I can appreciate the desire to present a challenge and I'm up for it but this is a bit unreasonably unbalanced.
I try to respect challenges in games without caps by maintaining a level balance with the AI but at this point, this game is starting to make me feel as though I need to over-level just to get decent moves.

On a positive note, the regional variants are awesome, the aesthetics are beautiful, and Squad Zero's logo animation and hoodies are super dope. The plot thus far has been vague and a bit of a repetitive chase that hasn't led anywhere but I am intrigued to know the significance of this meteor crash and what Squad Zero wants with the Ore.
I think that's the good part of the gyms. If they followed traditional maingame tactics of not having counters to there team it would be boring. This isn't the first time trainers have had other type pokemon to counter their weakness. If you reference back to the anime with Ash ketchum Pokemon Gold and Silver. The Johto league. Ash comes up against Macy a self proclaimed Fire trainer. states that water pokemon suck. She however had an Electabuzz as her counter pokemon to deal with people who would use water pokemon to counter her fire. This is the first example that comes to my head atleast. I've been playing on hardmode so ive had the level cap of 13, 18 and 24. And sure it's not easy but its about thinking outside of the box. just because Taze is a electric type trainer doesn't mean Ground types are the only way to deal with him. I had a 1 Ground type on my team to deal with him. I had Onyx for set up and to deal a hit. Hitmonlee, Hariyama, Shedninja, Luxio and houndoom. Only onyx used a ground move.... This game requires you to really think out of the box and to look into your strategy alot more creatively kinda reminds me of Pokemon anime which i have been watching and would always serve as a reminder to think outside the box.

Lucifer

Fallen1
I think that's the good part of the gyms. If they followed traditional maingame tactics of not having counters to there team it would be boring. This isn't the first time trainers have had other type pokemon to counter their weakness. If you reference back to the anime with Ash ketchum Pokemon Gold and Silver. The Johto league. Ash comes up against Macy a self proclaimed Fire trainer. states that water pokemon suck. She however had an Electabuzz as her counter pokemon to deal with people who would use water pokemon to counter her fire. This is the first example that comes to my head atleast. I've been playing on hardmode so ive had the level cap of 13, 18 and 24. And sure it's not easy but its about thinking outside of the box. just because Taze is a electric type trainer doesn't mean Ground types are the only way to deal with him. I had a 1 Ground type on my team to deal with him. I had Onyx for set up and to deal a hit. Hitmonlee, Hariyama, Shedninja, Luxio and houndoom. Only onyx used a ground move.... This game requires you to really think out of the box and to look into your strategy alot more creatively kinda reminds me of Pokemon anime which i have been watching and would always serve as a reminder to think outside the box.

I have resolved to focus on more out-of-the-box strategizing but I still feel that having an off-type counter isn't true monotyping, it's a cheese, especially for gym leaders who are supposed to be elite (and Ash has done some cheeses in his time that I don't feel should have counted as well such as his defeat of Brock's Onix with a fire sprinkler he hadn't even planned on setting off).

Taze is still a bit heavily stacked with both Water and Grass HP and the Ludicolo or at the very least his advisor shouldn't tell us "I recommend using Ground types" when he can slaughter them.

UPDATED: Encountered another bug or rather did not and that's the issue. I evolved a Nincada with a vacant party slot and no Shedinja.

Last edited:

Bloodalpha__

Rookie
I have resolved to focus on more out-of-the-box strategizing but I still feel that having an off-type counter isn't true monotyping, it's a cheese, especially for gym leaders who are supposed to be elite (and Ash has done some cheeses in his time that I don't feel should have counted as well such as his defeat of Brock's Onix with a fire sprinkler he hadn't even planned on setting off).

Taze is still a bit heavily stacked with both Water and Grass HP and the Ludicolo or at the very least his advisor shouldn't tell us "I recommend using Ground types" when he can slaughter them.

UPDATED: Encountered another bug or rather did not and that's the issue. I evolved a Nincada with a vacant party slot and no Shedinja.
You should of got the Nincada unless you dont have the latest patch.

General walkthrough of my team to make it easier for you to get a general idea of what I did.

Taze's Luxio
Onyx - Stealth rock set up, usually survives one hit and can use a Rocktomb on luxio
Hitmonlee - Double kick Luxio and gets close to KO but Luxio also takes damage after his attack which gives the KO.

(Raichu was next but it can be Ludicolo)

Taze's Raichu
Shedninja - Wipes the floor with him using bug moves. Raichu may use full restore but the only move raichu knows able to do anything is Nasty Plot which does no damage.

Taze's Ludicolo
Hariyama - I use Vital Throw but Hariyama usually gets KO'd after 2 hits unless Ludicolo uses scald the entire time.
Luxio - Spark usually finishes Ludicolo

Taze's Chinchou
Luxio usually handles this with spark as well but hitmonlee double kick did come in handle if his still got hp.

Taze's Magnemite
Houndoom - Ember was a walk in the park to deal with the steel/electric magnemite.

This was just my experience with it. There are other ways but this was my best counter do deal with it at the level cap of 24. Luxio, onyx, and houndoom had Sitrus berries on them.
Hitmonlee had a cherri do deal with the paralysis
Hariyama had a berry to deal with burn
Shedninja had a Lum berry to deal with any status problem

Lucifer

Fallen1
You should of got the Nincada unless you dont have the latest patch.
I should have the latest patch, I downloaded it from here. I'm sure of this because the Cut TM was consumed the first time I used it. I installed the patch, used Debug to get the Cut TM back, and now it's infinite.

General walkthrough of my team to make it easier for you to get a general idea of what I did.

Taze's Luxio
Onyx - Stealth rock set up, usually survives one hit and can use a Rocktomb on luxio
Hitmonlee - Double kick Luxio and gets close to KO but Luxio also takes damage after his attack which gives the KO.

(Raichu was next but it can be Ludicolo)

Taze's Raichu
Shedninja - Wipes the floor with him using bug moves. Raichu may use full restore but the only move raichu knows able to do anything is Nasty Plot which does no damage.

Taze's Ludicolo
Hariyama - I use Vital Throw but Hariyama usually gets KO'd after 2 hits unless Ludicolo uses scald the entire time.
Luxio - Spark usually finishes Ludicolo

Taze's Chinchou
Luxio usually handles this with spark as well but hitmonlee double kick did come in handle if his still got hp.

Taze's Magnemite
Houndoom - Ember was a walk in the park to deal with the steel/electric magnemite.

This was just my experience with it. There are other ways but this was my best counter do deal with it at the level cap of 24. Luxio, onyx, and houndoom had Sitrus berries on them.
Hitmonlee had a cherri do deal with the paralysis
Hariyama had a berry to deal with burn
Shedninja had a Lum berry to deal with any status problem
Huh, Taze didn't have a Magnamite in my battle, nor something else in its place.
My Slyveon ended up being able to take the Ludicolo out with slight help from a Peck by Fletchinder and Marshtomp actually put in some decent work.

Um, I'm having a much bigger problem now.
I was grinding last night and all was well until when I would attempt to save it would tell me 'Save failed' and I'd need to hit 'save' at least half a dozen times before I'd be successful.
After the last successful save, I closed the game and re-opened it to see if this would clear the issue.
Well, now I can't get the game to load. It gets stuck until a 'the script is hanging' error eventually pops up.

I tried to delete the game and re-extract it but this was unsuccessful.

For full disclosure, I have been using Debug for other minor things after regaining the Cut TM. For the most part, it's just been to heal during grinding and ONLY during grinding but I also used it to turn my Ninjask into the Shedinja I was deprived of because that's clearly a bug and I did the work (and I have no interest in Ninjask).
I however have not re-added Debug mode since re-extracting the game and the problem persists.

This has always been the case with Game-Z. I've never been able to open it.

Bloodalpha__

Rookie
I should have the latest patch, I downloaded it from here. I'm sure of this because the Cut TM was consumed the first time I used it. I installed the patch, used Debug to get the Cut TM back, and now it's infinite.

Huh, Taze didn't have a Magnamite in my battle, nor something else in its place.
My Slyveon ended up being able to take the Ludicolo out with slight help from a Peck by Fletchinder and Marshtomp actually put in some decent work.

Um, I'm having a much bigger problem now.
I was grinding last night and all was well until when I would attempt to save it would tell me 'Save failed' and I'd need to hit 'save' at least half a dozen times before I'd be successful.
After the last successful save, I closed the game and re-opened it to see if this would clear the issue.
Well, now I can't get the game to load. It gets stuck until a 'the script is hanging' error eventually pops up.

For full disclosure, I have been using Debug for other minor things after regaining the Cut TM. For the most part, it's just been to heal during grinding and ONLY during grinding but I also used it to turn my Ninjask into the Shedinja I was deprived of because that's clearly a bug and I did the work (and I have no interest in Ninjask).
I however have not re-added Debug mode since re-extracting the game and the problem persists.

I think I got the Magnemite due to me playing Hardcore so it was even more difficult to begin with. I havent had any glitches or anything like that so thats rough for you ma dude. best be is to join there discord and ask them. I havent had any problems with Shedninja or saves. I'm not sure what could be going on for you but i've always been using the Game-Z File to play. Good luck my dude.

Lucifer

Fallen1
I think I got the Magnemite due to me playing Hardcore so it was even more difficult to begin with. I havent had any glitches or anything like that so thats rough for you ma dude. best be is to join there discord and ask them. I havent had any problems with Shedninja or saves. I'm not sure what could be going on for you but i've always been using the Game-Z File to play. Good luck my dude.
Ah, that answers it, I'm in Normal mode.
I'll get on the Discord server thanx.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Ah, that answers it, I'm in Normal mode.
I'll get on the Discord server thanx.

So I joined the Discord server but there are no discussion channels but my laptop restarted and this

has been solved.

Lucifer

Fallen1
How do I enter the Strange Tower? It said it was blocked despite not being locked and that there was a moon image on the door.

You have to react to the post in announcements to view the discussion channels.

Oh, I see, thank you for the insight.

StephyDK

Rookie
Hi I am having a problem every time I evolve Wurmple I am only able to get Cascoon but I want Silcoon I don't like Dustox but I love Beautifly I've tried changing the time of day multiple times and still only get Cascoon. Please help I really want to use Beautifly.

Ickle

Trainer
Hi I am having a problem every time I evolve Wurmple I am only able to get Cascoon but I want Silcoon I don't like Dustox but I love Beautifly I've tried changing the time of day multiple times and still only get Cascoon. Please help I really want to use Beautifly.
I don't think we can help you the change between silcoon and cascoon is completetly random based on a number set on the wurmple when you catch it I think

StephyDK

Rookie
I don't think we can help you the change between silcoon and cascoon is completetly random based on a number set on the wurmple when you catch it I think
Well, that stinks so I have to go catch tons of Wurmple and hope I get one that lets me evolve into Silcoon.

bullemurren

Rookie
Is there some way to relearn the hm/tms? I accidentally removed cut before i download the patch and now i dont have cut? Is it suppose to be like that?

Last edited:
Back