• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Daybreak [NEW UPDATE!]

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Discord: Discord Invite
Wiki: Wiki Link

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -
Pokémon Daybreak
is a fangame made in Pokémon Essentials, and has been in the works for over 4 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more. Recently as of Feburary 2023, we have released a huge overhaul update which was in the works for over 2 years!

- - - TRAILER - - -

- - - STORY - - -
A meteor has struck, and you, the local professor's new assistant are assigned to the case. However, some mischievous individuals have beat you to it; and are inspecting the meteor for their own purposes. Who are they, and why is the meteor imperative?

Pokémon Daybreak introduces the enigmatic region 'Armira', and is centralised around storytelling and challenging gameplay. The game is aesthetically beautiful and there are many unique locations you will encounter on your journey, such as a meteor crash site, a castle and a cherry blossom forest. Themes of exploitation, greed, and history are examined and lore is dotted all throughout the game. Take on the challenge of becoming Pokémon Champion in the all-embracing region of Armira!

- - - FEATURES - - -
ss6.png
ss8.png

• A new and expansive region, 'Armira' and post game 'Armiran Isles'​
  • 10 Gyms, Elite Four + Champion
  • At least 20 hours of gameplay
  • A custom dex of 400 Pokémon from gens 1-9 (excluding 200 from post game)​
  • Difficulty Settings (Normal and Hard Mode)
  • Classic GBA-Theme, with Gen 3 Styled textures, music and many new, custom remixes​
  • An intriguing, climactic story with new, original characters​
  • New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more​
  • New custom mega evolutions, including those of Milotic, Heliolisk, Mega Venusaur and Blastoise X​
  • 'Dualeons' are a mix of two eeveelution types to create a new mon​
  • Quests (Including optional side-quests)​
  • The ability to see ALL encounters in that area from your menu​
  • The Battle Island! (Our version of the Battle Frontier)​
  • Complete Post Game with its own regional dex and a final act to the story!​
  • An active discord where you can interact with other players, the developers, find a FAQ, get updates immediately and more​

• How to Download:
  • There are 2 download methods

• 1. Classic Method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Download Zip
  • this will download the newest version, but means to update the game you will have to patch​

• 2. Better method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Open with Github Destkop.​
  • This will allow you to receive the newest updates with 0 need to patch. All you have to do is click Pull on Github Destkop.​
  • The README.txt in the game files has a FAQ​
  • Current Version: v1.7 [Updated 2nd Feburary 2023]
Mystery Gifts!
Change Nickname from party screen
Custom move animations
Many new regional and mega evolutions
MANY Easter eggs
Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Slowbro
Newer Gen pokemon available, such as Kingambit and Corviknight
Some HMs have been replaced with equipment
Speed-up button [Tab]
Some Pokémon have new moves/move sets, for example Heliolisk can now learn Fire Blast
New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Armiran Garchomp Exclusive)
No Z-Moves, Gigantamax or Terastylization
Many side, optional areas where you can complete quests, find rare items and Pokémon, etc

ss5.png
ss7.png

ss4.png
ss2.png
image (15).png
image (17).png

image (18).png
image44.png

CREDITS: Credits List
In no way do we receive any profit for this fangame or anything related to such. We are protected under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.
Discord:
Discord Invite

Attachments

• DAYBREAK.png
    DAYBREAK.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 195,871
  • image (16).png
    image (16).png
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,530
  • image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    21 KB · Views: 4,766
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 7,584
Last edited:

Nilarbk

Rookie

View attachment 1167
Discord: Removed by staff until future update is released

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -
Pokémon Daybreak
is a fangame made in Pokémon Essentials, and has been in the works for around 2 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more.

- - - TRAILER - - -

- - - STORY - - -
A meteor has struck, and you, the local professor's new assistant are assigned to the case. However, some mischievous individuals have beat you to it; and are inspecting the meteor for their own purposes. Who are they, and why is the meteor imperative?

Pokémon Daybreak introduces the enigmatic region 'Armira', and is centralised around storytelling and challenging gameplay. The game is aesthetically beautiful and there are many unique locations you will encounter on your journey, such as a meteor crash site, a castle and a cherry blossom forest. Themes of exploitation, greed, and history are examined and lore is dotted all throughout the game. Take on the challenge of becoming Pokémon Champion in the all-embracing region of Armira!

- - - FEATURES - - -
0P7w20Z.png
MEExN45.png

• A new and expansive region, 'Armira'​
  • About 14 hours of gameplay (excluding the Battle Island and Post Game)​
  • A custom dex of 600 Pokémon from ALL Gens!
  • New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more​
  • New custom mega evolutions, including those of Lapras and Heliolisk​
  • Purely GBA-Themed, with Gen 3 Styled textures, music and many new, custom remixes​
  • The 'Armiran Isles' Post-Game which concludes the rest of the story. Coming soon!​
  • An active discord where you can interact with other players, the developers, find a FAQ, get updates immediately and more​
  • Download: Removed by staff until future update is released​
  • Mandatory Patch: Removed by staff until future update is released​
  • Current Version: v1.6.1.2 [Updated 9th October 2020]
Mystery Gifts!
MANY Easter eggs
Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix
More Pokémon to be introduced as part of the Armiran Isles Update
HMs are now TMs, and TMs are unlimited use [As of v1.6, TMs are now limited use. This is a feature we are testing and will change based on feedback.]
Speed-up button [W]
Some Pokémon have new moves/move sets, for example Heliolisk can now learn Fire Blast
New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Garchomp Exclusive)
No Z-Moves or Gigantamax
Many side, optional areas where you can complete quests, find rare items and Pokémon, etc

RlpbxN8.png

J3nPbQX.png

wY3YUuV.png

o1JwKvZ.png

r5fjnXD.png

0HUSg0P.png

ILDwnFD.png

XZgQA5e.png

nI5IfYV.png

CREDITS:
In no way do we receive any profit for this fangame or anything related to such. We are protected under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.
Discord:
Removed by staff until future update is released

Hello I have just found the game but i don't know where is the link for downloading the game can anyone help me?

OMGenn

Novice
This game looked very promising, sadly I am stopping it at 2nd gym.
I like challenges, I played maaaaaaaaany fangames, seen maaaaaany types of difficulties and challenges, and in my opinion the choices of difficulty here are mostly time consumming.
Even tho I'm not a fan of the lvl caps I could get along with it on reborn for exemple, that is very well designed on the curve of difficulty.
But here the choices made are making this game kinda stupid in the way that yeah, there is a solution somewhere in hte previous pokemons to catch, but this is way too much. The 1st gym was already annoying, but the 2nd gym is beyond comprehension.... geodude lvl 14 with earthquake ? really ? broken battle items ?
lvl cap way too short considering how insane the moveets of trainers are ? sunkern giga drain lvl 13 or 14 smtg like that, won't even comment the shieldon with flamethrower and ice beam... if at least some interresting TMs were available, or the movesets of the mons revised to give more options to deal with this difficulty that almost every time forces to go catch some dumb stuff just to pass a single random trainer sometimes...

I would like to keep going but at this point, I really don't get where you guys wanted to go with this system, but those choices are not making this game more difficult than another hard mode on another fangame, only difference is that it's way longer to progress, wasting the player alot of time restarting the game because of another stuff not supposed to exist at this stage of a game, and without any appropriate way to deal with it beside going to catch and train with a fairly low xp rate.
Difficulty is different than time consumming, anyone that knows pokemon mechanics in general kinda knows what to go catch etc, but... it's already long enough to grind the mons we want with a decent nature / ivs to also add to this a lvl cap forcing to go fight with pokemons we don't really want or care about if we didn't need it right now. Also after 1st gym I was told pokemons until lvl 25 will obey but the cap is at 18 when I train them .... which is either nonsens either another idea to add difficulty, but again.. I'm sure there are other options to add difficulty that won't look as weird and won't be just more and more grinding !
I think reborn can be safely taken as a good reference for that, even tho it is hard and some parts will take time, the player doesn't have this feeling that it's designed to be frustrating and overtuned. The fights are hard and will require a solid team and strategy, not to go get some average to bad mons situaitonaly just to progress in the game. I imagin this is especially harder at the start, and this overtune stuff is less abusive as player gets more items, TMs, evolutions, strong moves, but just to imagin that stuff going on for 5 or 6 more badges, it's not looking fun at all.
I get that it's a very easy way to increase difficulty to give totally overtuned moves to opponents but then don't put a lvl cap, just soft cap xp so after a point it's 50% less xp or smtg, but hey we don't want to change half the team 4 times every gym...

I wish you good continuations on maybe other projects !

pokmontrainerdrake

Novice
even if tms are limited use you should be able to buy them all eventually cause people normally like unlimited use tms but if that is not the case at least make them all buyable

bjorn__92

Rookie
Don't be so negatif the game is awesome and you can learn so much how they made the game to bad i don't have the patch

Macaulyn

Rookie
I have a question, I know the download links were removed by staff until a future update is released, but... why? Was it a virus?

FsT/110

Novice

View attachment 15385
Discord: Discord Invite
Wiki: Wiki Link

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -
Pokémon Daybreak
is a fangame made in Pokémon Essentials, and has been in the works for over 4 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more. Recently as of Feburary 2023, we have released a huge overhaul update which was in the works for over 2 years!

- - - TRAILER - - -

- - - STORY - - -

- - - FEATURES - - -
View attachment 15386View attachment 15394

• A new and expansive region, 'Armira' and post game 'Armiran Isles'​
  • At least 20 hours of gameplay
  • A custom dex of 400 Pokémon from gens 1-9 (excluding 200 from post game)​
  • Classic GBA-Theme, with Gen 3 Styled textures, music and many new, custom remixes​
  • New custom mega evolutions, including those of Milotic, Heliolisk, Mega Venusaur and Blastoise X​
  • Complete Post Game with its own regional dex and a final act to the story!​

• How to Download:
  • There are 2 download methods

• 1. Classic Method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Download Zip
  • this will download the newest version, but means to update the game you will have to patch​

• 2. Better method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Open with Github Destkop.​
  • This will allow you to receive the newest updates with 0 need to patch. All you have to do is click Pull on Github Destkop.​
  • The README.txt in the game files has a FAQ​
  • Current Version: v1.7 [Updated 2nd Feburary 2023]
Mystery Gifts!
Custom move animations
Many new regional and mega evolutions
MANY Easter eggs
Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Slowbro
Newer Gen pokemon available, such as Kingambit and Corviknight
Speed-up button [Tab]
New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Armiran Garchomp Exclusive)
No Z-Moves, Gigantamax or Terastylization

CREDITS: Credits List
Discord:
Discord Invite

Good fangame

NGumby90

Novice
So I just downloaded it the classic way, with the zip file and whatnot. By patch, do you mean dragging and replacing files, or is there an actual patch that needs to be downloaded as well?

NGumby90

Novice
So I just downloaded it the classic way, with the zip file and whatnot. By patch, do you mean dragging and replacing files, or is there an actual patch that needs to be downloaded as well?
Nevermind. I answered my own question. 😅

ShadowEnderBorn

Rookie
Hi my game crashed after I lost to the second battle against the evil team at the meteor
Here is the crash report
(sorry that I couldn't scroll down the crash report, it wouldn't work for me)
Screenshot_20230206-001221.png

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
You can you use mediafire for zip version i think that will minimize the amount of time you need to answer about how to download from github because not many use and have experience with github. This just suggestion ofcourse you're free to ignore this

Back