• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Daybreak [NEW UPDATE!]

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Discord: Discord Invite
Wiki: Wiki Link

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -
Pokémon Daybreak
is a fangame made in Pokémon Essentials, and has been in the works for over 4 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more. Recently as of Feburary 2023, we have released a huge overhaul update which was in the works for over 2 years!

- - - TRAILER - - -

- - - STORY - - -
A meteor has struck, and you, the local professor's new assistant are assigned to the case. However, some mischievous individuals have beat you to it; and are inspecting the meteor for their own purposes. Who are they, and why is the meteor imperative?

Pokémon Daybreak introduces the enigmatic region 'Armira', and is centralised around storytelling and challenging gameplay. The game is aesthetically beautiful and there are many unique locations you will encounter on your journey, such as a meteor crash site, a castle and a cherry blossom forest. Themes of exploitation, greed, and history are examined and lore is dotted all throughout the game. Take on the challenge of becoming Pokémon Champion in the all-embracing region of Armira!

- - - FEATURES - - -
ss6.png
ss8.png

• A new and expansive region, 'Armira' and post game 'Armiran Isles'​
  • 10 Gyms, Elite Four + Champion
  • At least 20 hours of gameplay
  • A custom dex of 400 Pokémon from gens 1-9 (excluding 200 from post game)​
  • Difficulty Settings (Normal and Hard Mode)
  • Classic GBA-Theme, with Gen 3 Styled textures, music and many new, custom remixes​
  • An intriguing, climactic story with new, original characters​
  • New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more​
  • New custom mega evolutions, including those of Milotic, Heliolisk, Mega Venusaur and Blastoise X​
  • 'Dualeons' are a mix of two eeveelution types to create a new mon​
  • Quests (Including optional side-quests)​
  • The ability to see ALL encounters in that area from your menu​
  • The Battle Island! (Our version of the Battle Frontier)​
  • Complete Post Game with its own regional dex and a final act to the story!​
  • An active discord where you can interact with other players, the developers, find a FAQ, get updates immediately and more​

• How to Download:
  • There are 2 download methods

• 1. Classic Method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Download Zip
  • this will download the newest version, but means to update the game you will have to patch​

• 2. Better method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Open with Github Destkop.​
  • This will allow you to receive the newest updates with 0 need to patch. All you have to do is click Pull on Github Destkop.​
  • The README.txt in the game files has a FAQ​
  • Current Version: v1.7 [Updated 2nd Feburary 2023]
Mystery Gifts!
Change Nickname from party screen
Custom move animations
Many new regional and mega evolutions
MANY Easter eggs
Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Slowbro
Newer Gen pokemon available, such as Kingambit and Corviknight
Some HMs have been replaced with equipment
Speed-up button [Tab]
Some Pokémon have new moves/move sets, for example Heliolisk can now learn Fire Blast
New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Armiran Garchomp Exclusive)
No Z-Moves, Gigantamax or Terastylization
Many side, optional areas where you can complete quests, find rare items and Pokémon, etc

ss5.png
ss7.png

ss4.png
ss2.png
image (15).png
image (17).png

image (18).png
image44.png

CREDITS: Credits List
In no way do we receive any profit for this fangame or anything related to such. We are protected under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.
Discord:
Discord Invite

Attachments

• DAYBREAK.png
    DAYBREAK.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 195,871
  • image (16).png
    image (16).png
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,530
  • image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    21 KB · Views: 4,766
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 7,584
Last edited:

burnscory3420

Novice
So I'm new to the whole patch thing how do I an where do I copy paste download extract what ever it is i gotta do to add the patch ive downloaded the base game. An just downloaded the patch file please help

joperopin

Rookie
So i downloaded and applied the patch and when i open on game-z i get error
Script draw text line 664 Errno:: ENOENT occured
No such file or directory- Fonts/pokemonemerald.ttf

And when i try to open on game it doesnt even open. Am I doing something wrong?

Narri_L

Rookie
Nevermind somoene had the same issue before
insanityxz said:
Yeah I did.

EDIT: Apparently, creating a new folder and pasted the files there actually fixes it.
Its working thanks
I don't get it, with that vague information to go off of, what am I supposed to even be doing? What does that mean, "create a new folder"?

Astefia

Cooltrainer
Same! Same issue, also instructions are too vague (

Yeah I did.
EDIT: Apparently, creating a new folder and pasted the files there actually fixes it.
What new folder? The Fonts folder with the file in the error message already exists.

I don't get it, with that vague information to go off of, what am I supposed to even be doing? What does that mean, "create a new folder"?
Okay, I fooled around and managed to find a solution.
The game files from the archive need to be unpacked into the folder called Pokemon Daybreak - no accent marks, no version numbers!

Swampotato

Rookie
Thanks for the support! The latest patch has to be applied to fix that bug.
Hello! so just wondering since it seems you have completed the game but i lost the tm cut on my pokemon while leaving them in the day care. I have rock smash and others but i just want to make sure that i dont really need cut to progress through the game. Im at the 4th gym right now after beating up the admin at the museum and so i was just wondering do i need the tm cut after the 4th or am i good for the rest of the game?

so i had cut on a pokemon which i put in the day care and since the tm lasted once i couldnt use it again which caused me to not be able to progress becasue a move replaced cut. I was wondering if there was a way to get the tm's back

Not yet! Should be out sometime in summer, hopefully
hey mizzy! I know its off topic but is there any way for me to get back tm's that i have already used because i spent hours grinding and even got super rare pokemon but since i put my venusaur in the day care it lost cut and now i can't progress past the forth gym. if you can please help or tell me a way to fix this. Thank you!

koxx

Rookie

View attachment 1167
不和谐:https://discord.gg/KQvnTp5

-介绍-
神奇宝贝黎明
是一款由神奇宝贝必需品制成的游戏,由一个非常小的开发团队开发了大约两年。为了激励,我们探索了: 神奇宝贝动画和游戏,真实世界的位置,神话传说等等。

-拖车-
[媒体 = youtube]bHT6I8z9MOA[/媒体]

-故事-
一颗流星击中了,你,当地教授的新助手被分配到这个案子中。然而,一些淘气的人已经打败了你;并且正在为他们自己的目的检查流星。他们是谁,为什么流星是命中注定的?

《神奇宝贝黎明》引入了神秘的区域 “armira”,并集中在讲故事和具有挑战性的游戏中。这个游戏在美学上很漂亮,在旅途中你会遇到许多独特的地方,比如流星坠机地点、城堡和樱花森林。剥削、贪婪和历史的主题被审视,知识被点缀在整个游戏中。在阿米拉的包罗万象的地区接受成为神奇宝贝冠军的挑战!

-特征-
0P7w20Z.png
MEExN45.png

• 一个新的广阔的地区,'Armira”​
  • 10个健身房,精英四 + 冠军
  • 关于14小时的游戏时间(不包括战岛和赛后)​
  • 来自所有氏族的600只神奇宝贝的定制索引!
  • 难度设置 (正常和硬模式)
  • 一个有趣的,高潮故事带有新的原始字符​
  • 自定义区域形式/变体包括: 水Arcanine、仙女/龙Garchomp等​
  • 自定义大型进化,包括Lapras和Heliolisk的​
  • 'Dualeons'是两种eeveelution类型的混合以创建新的mon​
  • 任务(包括可选的支线任务)​
  • 能力查看所有遭遇在你菜单上的那个区域​
  • 纯粹GBA主题,第3代风格的纹理,音乐和许多新的,自定义混音​
  • 战岛!(我们的战斗边界版本)​
  • 赛后的 “阿米兰岛” 结束了故事的其余部分。即将推出!​
  • 一个主动不和谐在这里你可以与其他玩家、开发者互动,找到常见问题,立即获得更新等等​
  • 当前版本: v1。6.1。2 [2020年10月9日更新]
[扰流板 = “更多功能”]
神秘礼物!
从派对屏幕更改昵称
许多复活节彩蛋
一些区域变体是可用的,例如Alolan Vulpix
更多神奇宝贝将作为Armiran群岛更新的一部分推出
一些HMs已被设备取代
HMs现在是TMs和TMs无限制使用[从v1开始。6,TMs现在有限使用。这是我们正在测试的功能,将根据反馈进行更改。]
加速按钮 [W]
一些神奇宝贝有新的动作/动作装置,例如Heliolisk现在可以学习火焰爆炸
新动作,如 “仙女拉什” (Garchomp独家)
无Z-move或giant tamax
许多可供选择的地方,在那里你可以完成任务,找到稀有物品和神奇宝贝等 [/剧透]

[剧透 = “截图”]
RlpbxN8.png

J3nPbQX.png

wY3YUuV.png

o1JwKvZ.png

r5fjnXD.png

0HUSg0P.png

ILDwnFD.png

XZgQA5e.png

nI5IfYV.png
[/扰流板]

学分: [媒体 = pastebin]RUdvuNfj[/媒体]
我们绝不会从这个游戏或任何与此相关的东西中获得任何利润。我们受到合理使用法律的保护,不打算违反这些法律。
不和谐:https://discord.gg/KQvnTp5

Hello, author. I like this fan game very much. I am very happy to localize this game. If you agree, you can contact my email address 1941594669@qq.com. Thank you

nunnic09

Rookie
i love this game there are a few things i font like about it
1. i dont like how the tms are not reusable
2. i do not like the levl cap where i can no longer level up my pokemons it makes it so annoying
3. i dont like how i cannot switch out after i defeat the opponents pokemon
4. i do not like lyssa she is too strong i have been stuck on her for the past 2 weeks
since i cannot level up my pokemon i cannot pass her because of her houndoom literally one shots my team pleasse nerf her
other than these 4 things this game is really good

Last edited:

mizzypd

Mizzy
i love this game there are a few things i font like about it
1. i dont like how the tms are not reusable
2. i do not like the levl cap where i can no longer level up my pokemons it makes it so annoying
3. i dont like how i cannot switch out after i defeat the opponents pokemon
4. i do not like lyssa she is too strong i have been stuck on her for the past 2 weeks
since i cannot level up my pokemon i cannot pass her because of her houndoom literally one shots my team pleasse nerf her
other than these 4 things this game is really good
If you aren't on Hard Mode; you need to patch your game. There are no level caps in Normal difficulty.

Swordkun

Trainer
When this game says 600 pokemon in a regional dex, does that mean the other 209-290 mons are in with the national dex or is this another dex cut?

mizzypd

Mizzy
When this game says 600 pokemon in a regional dex, does that mean the other 209-290 mons are in with the national dex or is this another dex cut?
In this version, there are I believe 597 total species obtainable. The other missing mons are coded in the game, but unobtainable.

FireFlair12

Rookie
I'm stupid, I admit that, but I can't figure out how to actually play this game. Is there a link? A download? Something I click on? Am I on the wrong page?

I'm using a MacBook, if that helps.

lichen

i make sprites , i think
I'm stupid, I admit that, but I can't figure out how to actually play this game. Is there a link? A download? Something I click on? Am I on the wrong page?

I'm using a MacBook, if that helps.
read the post carefully, there's a link that says download riiiight next to it

mEH

Rookie
Yeah I did.

i had the same bug and after creating a new folder and pasting the files there it said
Script 'ModularTS' line 220: Errno::ENONENT occured. No such file or directory - Data/TitleScreen.rxdata

Plasick

Rookie
This game is unforgiving. I really do mean it that. I had to cheat to win and even then because of the level cap, I can hardly win. I must know though, the karma score? I was expecting that maybe you can join the bad guys? Become one of the members? Is there even a way to do so? Also, you gotta bring hms and tms to be unlimited. Especially the hms because once you delete that move, its gone. You are stuck. And this game forces you to create a tm slave almost way too often. Its a pain in the ass. You gotta make the game either easier or at the very least, make it a little more fair cause again, this game is unforgivingly hard.

Back