• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
NOTICE:
I am aware of a ROM hack version of this game is circulating around. This is NOT that. This version requires no emulator to play and is exclusively for PC. To play, just download the ZIP file from one of the links below. Extract the file and run the game file. I have no affiliation with any of the ROM hack versions of this game.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you all for your patience! Allow me to welcome you to the demo for Pokemon This Gym of Mine: Rank Up Edition!
title.png

Take on the role of the Gym Leader of Umbal City, with a brand new coat of paint and far more to discover!

Don't believe me?
A UI ripped straight from Pokemon Black and White! Also reveals your Pokemon's EVs and IVs!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 181938.png

New Feature in battles: Atmosphere!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 184324.png

Screenshot 2023-10-29 162307.png

Atmosphere greatly assists Pokemon of certain types! Plenty of new Abilities and Moves have been added to take advantage of them!
Feel free to explore and experiment with this new field effect!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 160729.png

New and improved Gym and Building systems to further polish and refine the game!
Introducing Notoriety! As your win streak grows, stronger Trainers will appear and more rewards come your way!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161105.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161138.png

Alter your Gym Puzzle to control the flow of Trainers into your Gym!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 163011.png

Chat with your Gym Trainers and learn more about them!

And much, much, MUCH more! Even more than what I could fit into this demo! I hope you all enjoy it and I hope to have more very soon!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161929.png

Any plugins or premade sprites have been instrumental to this game's development.
Please make me immediately aware of any issues involving missing or omitted credits.

Pokemon Essentials v20.1:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.
With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy
MiDas Mike, Brother1440, FL.
PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14
Rataime, IceGod64, Savordez, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta
Wachunga, Lisa Anthony, Venom12, Near Fantastica, Luka S.J.

v20.1 Hotfix:
Maruno

Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Project
Project: Generation 6
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Credits:
#==============================================================================#
# #
# Gen 4 OW Collection #
# #
# Compiled & Created by Vanilla Sunshine #
# With help from Neo-Spriteman, #
# Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor #
# #
# Intended for use with Mr. Gela's Trainer Sprites and PBS. #
# https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/391 #
# #
#==============================================================================#

** Credits **
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo-Spriteman - Originally formatting most HGSS OWs for RMXP

Vanilla Sunshine - Formatting the OWs missing from Neo's resource for RMXP
Formatting most DPPt OWs for RMXP
Animating the Object boulder file
Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar017 - Bug Catcher (HGSS)
trchar020 - Ninja Boy
trchar049 - Scientist
trchar067 - Teacher
trchar083 - Skier
trchar116 - Poke Maniac
trchar128 - Aroma Lady
trchar130 - Bird Keeper M
trchar131 - Bird Keeper F
trchar134 - Poke Fan M
trchar136 - Poke Fan F
trchar142 - Gentleman
trchar157 - Rocket Grunt M
trchar158 - Rocket Grunt F
trchar177 - Young Couple (DPPt)
trchar178 - Young Couple (HGSS)

PurpleZaffre - Ripping & Formatting the following OWs:
NPC 83 - Looker
NPC 84 - Charon
NPC 85 - Chubby Man (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 86 - Spikey Hair (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 87 - Blushy Girl (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 88 - Director (Beta/Unreleased)
Creating the following Custom OWs: (Commissioned by Maicerochico)
trchar107 - Gambler
trchar117 - Dragon Tamer
trchar118 - Breeder M
trchar120 - Breeder F
trchar146 - Veteran

AtomicReactor - Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar124 - Ranger M
trchar126 - Ranger F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdoor Tilesets:

Magiscarf
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Kyle-Dove
Gen 4 Trainer Sprites:

Mr. Gela/theo#7722
Gen 4 Indoor Tileset:

Akizakura16 (Aki)

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites

Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:

Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:

Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Essentials Deluxe:
Lucidious89

BW Party Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Summary Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

Auto Multi Save:
http404error

Trainer Sprites:
Mr. Gela/theo#7722

Overworld Sprites:
Vanilla Sunshine, Neo-Spriteman, Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor

Improved AI Plugin:
KRLW890

Triple Triad Booster Packs:
FL

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6k3G62oT0

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-Wolfang62

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 4 Style Version
Gen 9 sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890

PLA sprites:
Travis, KingOfThe-X-Roads, Blaquaza, leParagon, Red7246, G.E.Z., Katten, Vent, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, PKMNTrainerRick., CarmaNeko, JWNutz, Erkey830

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Full Sprites Credit List:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-KC-4XDOeFKq0Z6tfN6Sz4JIlpaK7B8A0lbmBg9fNY/edit?usp=sharing

Music (from khinsider):
Playing with Psychos - Live a Live
Jubilife City - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Pokemon DPP
Wild Pokemon Defeated! - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Trainer - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Trainer! - Pokemon BW
Battle! Gym Leader - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Gym Leader! - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Victory! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Beach Volleyball Massacre - Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Game Corner - Pokemon DPP
Temporal Spire - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers
Battle - Spore Creatures DS
Proving Grounds - Spore Creatures DS
Baysee - Spore Creatures DS
Light Side - Spore Hero Arena

Zophar's Domain:
Desperate Fight - Breath of Fire 2
I'll Do It - Breath of Fire 2

Assistance from:
NotFaizen - Electro Blade/Opulite Gallade Abilities

Special thanks to:
Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

mbM7yzy.png

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!

Screenshots:
pRrSnvx.png

xO4XGlu.png

TlZRq6A.png

RFXvpC4.png

r7Wdjzj.png
lO3Nisz.png
Downloads:
Additional Links:
Reddit
Discord
If you are having trouble with the Discord link, the invite link can be found at the game's wiki:
Wiki
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Projects
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries
Generation 8 Project for Essentials

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,019
Last edited:
Please tell me which emulator with will I play this game??😞😐
1) There's no need to spam. It was only one hour since you first asked, and as you can see from Omegas' profile, they haven't been on since. They're not ignoring you, they just weren't online.

2) This doesn't use an emulator- it's a fangame, not a romhack. That's why there's not a mention of a rom or emulator anywhere on the post. You just run the Game.exe in the zipped folder.

16Gabs

Trainer
Can you please tell me clearly?? And Soo sorry to interrupt 😞😐😐
1) You will downnload the files
2) Extract them to a paste
3) Click in the "Game"
4) Play

Attachments

• g.PNG
    g.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 247

Omegas

Trainer
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the day, whether you celebrate the holiday or otherwise. No new update for the game just yet, but I still wanted to give you a bit of info on what is coming up and respond to some posts, as well.

Hey, it's good to see this is being worked on again. I decided to start a new save file so I didn't run into and compatibility issues but about 10 minutes or so into the game I got the following messages in my error log.

[Error Log]

This happened when I was spamming space bar to defeat wild pokemon. It was in the grass west of the city fighting a Sandshrew with a Larvesta

Sadly, I have been unable to replicate this issue. I'm still looking into it just in case, but if anyone is having the same issue, feel free to let me know in the forum or in DMs. The more information you can provide, the better, but any information would be great.

Hi, just want to say that I think this is my favourite Pokemon fangame so far? Also, got some weird results from the starter pokemon received from Lillith's house, so I tested all the options and wrote down the results.

[Results]

I thought it might be useful if I wrote this down?

Thank you. The issue will be dealt with in the next update. Hope you all make good use of these special Pokemon when they are available.

Is it just me or did anyone else have a type change in tm? (I chose the grass type but somehow the energy ball tm (pre 3.0) is now a bounce tm)
Yeah, it happened with me too! (I also chose grass).

Ultimately I decided to start a new run, cause I didn't wanna think about all the prior movesets.

But yeah, happened to me too 👍

Thank you for making me aware of this. Guess this is what I get for editing the TMs late at night. This will be fixed in the next update for new players and old players will be able to resolve the issue by entering their house. I will comb through the TMs again to make sure everything is fine, but if anyone has any issues with the TMs, please let me know. Speaking of TMs, there was a bit of an issue with the Umbal Forms. I was editing the TMs of another project at the time and... Lets just say the wrong edits went to the wrong game... This will be resolved in the next update...

Hey this game is great. Can you say how to mega evolve my pokemon in battle

Mega Evolution is not in Pokemon This Gym of Mine, sorry.

Hey can i know the features of this game??

This is a Pokemon game where you are in charge of a Pokemon Gym and oversee a city. You battle gauntlets of Trainers and do quests for people to improve your reputation. You can set buildings to improve the amount of money you earn at the beginning of the day. Pokemon and Trainers grow stronger as your reputation grows to keep the battles interesting.
Please tell me which emulator with will I play this game??😞😐

TechSkylander and 16Gabs have already answered this question. I just want to add that, apparently, there is a ROM hack version going around of my game? I have no relation to this version, only this version. The one on this website is exclusively for PC and does not need any emulator to run. I cannot say this for the versions on other sites, as I have no affiliation with them.

Thank you all for your support. Like I said, no new update for the game, just yet. The next update will be rather small, with an emphasis on game polish and removing bugs. I hope you continue to enjoy this game and provide me with feedback. If you have any issues with the game, whether it be glitches, gameplay, or something else, please feel free to let me know.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Maple06

Rookie
Hey there I'm playing the version before this and was wondering if anyone knows a good place to find ghost types I have so far: Dusclops, Golurk, Doublade and Jellicent

lind113

Rookie
Hey there I'm playing the version before this and was wondering if anyone knows a good place to find ghost types I have so far: Dusclops, Golurk, Doublade and Jellicent
Cave with all the dragon types has Dreepy, I found a Gastly at New Day Plain, and I caught a Mimikyu at Mythical Feild (fairy area at the back of the dragon cave)

YourHiro

Rookie
Heya, I just finished the newest build and I have to say, I loved it! I used a Water Type team this run and had used a Fighting Type one in v2 a little while ago. I've got a few problems though nothing that took away from my experience ^^

Mainly there was a lack of certain items to evolve some niche pokemon, namely Seadra into Kingdra and Feebas into Milotic that I noticed. I'm not sure but I don't believe there is a way to evolve the pair of them in this current version even though they're accessible.

Another problem is more of a glitch. In the mall the TM salesman always crashes the game. I'm not sure if this is just a me problem or not but that also happened in v2 as well.

There was another thing, the Trainers all challenging you once again as you gain more ranks is one of them. Based on their dialogue I don't believe that was the intent.

Overall had a fantastic time with the game and am going to give it another go through again right now ^^

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, hope you guys are having a nice day!

Pokemon This Gym of Mine version 3.0.1 will be live a bit after this post is made.

These are the changes made to Pokemon This Gym of Mine:
  • Tms are back in order and can be used with Umbal forms!
  • Speaking of TMs, the TM shop is back in order!stupid semicolon...
- Dragon Scales and Prism Scales are now available for people who want to use Kingdra and Milotic!
  • Lillith's house is back in order and now features Pokemon from Gen 7 and 8!
  • An issue with the Grass Gym's TM has been resolved. If you are using an old save, just check your mailbox.
I know I said you could enter your house to resolve the issue, but the mailbox was simpler.

As I said, the main focus was bug fixes and the like. The next update is gonna be a bit of a big one, so stay tuned for that one. Here's a little taste of what to expect...
029_1.png
030_1.png
031_1.png

Hope you guys have a nice day!

LeoWolfish

Rookie
Hello just started playing this game today. Got taken by surprise that I ended up having to go to bed before catching my first two Pokémon to make a team of three. (I donated some items to the item bank after giving a random guy a potion and fighting some trainers while exploring). I choose the Dark type for my gym with Houndour.

Is it just time based or dependent on how many mini events that give reputation that I do as to when the day ends?

Also since I read some gen 7 and 8 Pokemon moves and Pokémon are in the current version does anyone know if alolan Vulpix is in the game ( it can learn Dark pulse if I recall) or have any recommendations in general for what Pokémon I can get early on?

I already Know if possible I would like Obstagoon (I like both the Pokémon and Piers) and Honchkrow at some point. But I also like the idea of making the most of the two wild cards the game allows.

Omegas

Trainer
Hello just started playing this game today. Got taken by surprise that I ended up having to go to bed before catching my first two Pokémon to make a team of three. (I donated some items to the item bank after giving a random guy a potion and fighting some trainers while exploring). I choose the Dark type for my gym with Houndour.

Is it just time based or dependent on how many mini events that give reputation that I do as to when the day ends?
Currently, you can do 3 quests a day. The item bank is an event you can do repeatedly to help pad out your reputation. After you do 3 quests, you are forced to end the day.

Also since I read some gen 7 and 8 Pokemon moves and Pokémon are in the current version does anyone know if alolan Vulpix is in the game ( it can learn Dark pulse if I recall) or have any recommendations in general for what Pokémon I can get early on?

I already Know if possible I would like Obstagoon (I like both the Pokémon and Piers) and Honchkrow at some point. But I also like the idea of making the most of the two wild cards the game allows.
Sadly, Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Zigzagoon aren't in the game...
[2021-12-16] 14_07_19.303.png
[2021-12-16] 14_04_25.282.png

LeoWolfish

Rookie
Currently, you can do 3 quests a day. The item bank is an event you can do repeatedly to help pad out your reputation. After you do 3 quests, you are forced to end the day.

Sadly, Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Zigzagoon aren't in the game...

Yay I will play for now and start a new when the next update games. I ended up getting finding a Murkrow and getting a Mawile for now.

Also that is good to know about the quests, thank you for the reply. I just need to find where your version of Aron ins now. Though there is one suggestion I would like to make. Please if possible make it so the Pokedex shows the Pokémon in the game and not just be the Kanto dex. Or is it a problem my end?

Back