• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
NOTICE:
I am aware of a ROM hack version of this game is circulating around. This is NOT that. This version requires no emulator to play and is exclusively for PC. To play, just download the ZIP file from one of the links below. Extract the file and run the game file. I have no affiliation with any of the ROM hack versions of this game.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you all for your patience! Allow me to welcome you to the demo for Pokemon This Gym of Mine: Rank Up Edition!
title.png

Take on the role of the Gym Leader of Umbal City, with a brand new coat of paint and far more to discover!

Don't believe me?
A UI ripped straight from Pokemon Black and White! Also reveals your Pokemon's EVs and IVs!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 181938.png

New Feature in battles: Atmosphere!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 184324.png

Screenshot 2023-10-29 162307.png

Atmosphere greatly assists Pokemon of certain types! Plenty of new Abilities and Moves have been added to take advantage of them!
Feel free to explore and experiment with this new field effect!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 160729.png

New and improved Gym and Building systems to further polish and refine the game!
Introducing Notoriety! As your win streak grows, stronger Trainers will appear and more rewards come your way!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161105.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161138.png

Alter your Gym Puzzle to control the flow of Trainers into your Gym!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 163011.png

Chat with your Gym Trainers and learn more about them!

And much, much, MUCH more! Even more than what I could fit into this demo! I hope you all enjoy it and I hope to have more very soon!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161929.png

Any plugins or premade sprites have been instrumental to this game's development.
Please make me immediately aware of any issues involving missing or omitted credits.

Pokemon Essentials v20.1:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.
With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy
MiDas Mike, Brother1440, FL.
PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14
Rataime, IceGod64, Savordez, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta
Wachunga, Lisa Anthony, Venom12, Near Fantastica, Luka S.J.

v20.1 Hotfix:
Maruno

Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Project
Project: Generation 6
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Credits:
#==============================================================================#
# #
# Gen 4 OW Collection #
# #
# Compiled & Created by Vanilla Sunshine #
# With help from Neo-Spriteman, #
# Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor #
# #
# Intended for use with Mr. Gela's Trainer Sprites and PBS. #
# https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/391 #
# #
#==============================================================================#

** Credits **
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo-Spriteman - Originally formatting most HGSS OWs for RMXP

Vanilla Sunshine - Formatting the OWs missing from Neo's resource for RMXP
Formatting most DPPt OWs for RMXP
Animating the Object boulder file
Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar017 - Bug Catcher (HGSS)
trchar020 - Ninja Boy
trchar049 - Scientist
trchar067 - Teacher
trchar083 - Skier
trchar116 - Poke Maniac
trchar128 - Aroma Lady
trchar130 - Bird Keeper M
trchar131 - Bird Keeper F
trchar134 - Poke Fan M
trchar136 - Poke Fan F
trchar142 - Gentleman
trchar157 - Rocket Grunt M
trchar158 - Rocket Grunt F
trchar177 - Young Couple (DPPt)
trchar178 - Young Couple (HGSS)

PurpleZaffre - Ripping & Formatting the following OWs:
NPC 83 - Looker
NPC 84 - Charon
NPC 85 - Chubby Man (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 86 - Spikey Hair (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 87 - Blushy Girl (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 88 - Director (Beta/Unreleased)
Creating the following Custom OWs: (Commissioned by Maicerochico)
trchar107 - Gambler
trchar117 - Dragon Tamer
trchar118 - Breeder M
trchar120 - Breeder F
trchar146 - Veteran

AtomicReactor - Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar124 - Ranger M
trchar126 - Ranger F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdoor Tilesets:

Magiscarf
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Kyle-Dove
Gen 4 Trainer Sprites:

Mr. Gela/theo#7722
Gen 4 Indoor Tileset:

Akizakura16 (Aki)

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites

Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:

Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:

Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Essentials Deluxe:
Lucidious89

BW Party Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Summary Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

Auto Multi Save:
http404error

Trainer Sprites:
Mr. Gela/theo#7722

Overworld Sprites:
Vanilla Sunshine, Neo-Spriteman, Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor

Improved AI Plugin:
KRLW890

Triple Triad Booster Packs:
FL

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6k3G62oT0

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-Wolfang62

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 4 Style Version
Gen 9 sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890

PLA sprites:
Travis, KingOfThe-X-Roads, Blaquaza, leParagon, Red7246, G.E.Z., Katten, Vent, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, PKMNTrainerRick., CarmaNeko, JWNutz, Erkey830

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Full Sprites Credit List:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-KC-4XDOeFKq0Z6tfN6Sz4JIlpaK7B8A0lbmBg9fNY/edit?usp=sharing

Music (from khinsider):
Playing with Psychos - Live a Live
Jubilife City - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Pokemon DPP
Wild Pokemon Defeated! - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Trainer - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Trainer! - Pokemon BW
Battle! Gym Leader - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Gym Leader! - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Victory! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Beach Volleyball Massacre - Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Game Corner - Pokemon DPP
Temporal Spire - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers
Battle - Spore Creatures DS
Proving Grounds - Spore Creatures DS
Baysee - Spore Creatures DS
Light Side - Spore Hero Arena

Zophar's Domain:
Desperate Fight - Breath of Fire 2
I'll Do It - Breath of Fire 2

Assistance from:
NotFaizen - Electro Blade/Opulite Gallade Abilities

Special thanks to:
Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

mbM7yzy.png

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!

Screenshots:
pRrSnvx.png

xO4XGlu.png

TlZRq6A.png

RFXvpC4.png

r7Wdjzj.png
lO3Nisz.png
Downloads:
Additional Links:
Reddit
Discord
If you are having trouble with the Discord link, the invite link can be found at the game's wiki:
Wiki
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Projects
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries
Generation 8 Project for Essentials

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,019
Last edited:

MMMm Games

Rookie
This is my new favorite Pokemon fan game. A shame I'm stuck after the kidnapping scene. How do you get past that? The woman never enters the ladder and I'm stuck.

Does taking any items from her cause it to hang? How did anyone get past this?

So I figured out how you're able to get past the broken part. Your captor will accept a big nugget and then she'll help you escape.

You can find a big nugget in the dragon's den. If you've already sold it, you're out of luck, but if you have it, you can keep playing.

Anyone who got past this part probably did so because of this. So if you find a big nugget, NEVER sell it! It's required to progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doodi94

Novice
This is my new favorite Pokemon fan game. A shame I'm stuck after the kidnapping scene. How do you get past that? The woman never enters the ladder and I'm stuck.

Does taking any items from her cause it to hang? How did anyone get past this?

So I figured out how you're able to get past the broken part. Your captor will accept a big nugget and then she'll help you escape.

You can find a big nugget in the dragon's den. If you've already sold it, you're out of luck, but if you have it, you can keep playing.

Anyone who got past this part probably did so because of this. So if you find a big nugget, NEVER sell it! It's required to progress.
Oh no I sold it and now I'm stuck !

Zetra

Rookie
So I just got to the postgame and whenever enter cold steel cavern it says I can’t leave without the icy rock and am basically soft locked there.I think this is a bug and hope it’s fixed soon

TrailMix

Rookie
hello! I've just found your game and I'm really loving it so far!!! The idea is great and the way you executed it is wonderful! I don't know if you still are working on this game or not but if you are i do have one little bug that i wanna address once i made it to the mall i went to the third floor (where i assume the tms are) but every time i speak to the employee there the game crashes but overall its an amazing game!

ShiroSky

Rookie
Loving the game so far, chose dragon which has a good number of readily available pokemon.( although I wish the exception was with dragon pulse as I want to use skrelp/dragalge but skrelp can't learn dragon claw:( so I'll have to wait and grind it up to lvl 48 if I want to use it. I can see why you chose claw over pulse though since a huge variety of pokemon can learn pulse, while dragon claw is very limited outside actual dragon pokemon). I actually chose dragon over grass solely because of skrelp( well not knowing what grass pokemon would be available in game also did as I was unsure of my three favorites-shroomish,skiddo or deerling-would be in game. Then again if I enjoy this enough playing through with dragon I can see myself replaying but as a different gym type( I'd do grass and dark as next favorites and poison or normal as challenges). Anyway great game I love anything that isn't the typical formula of gather badges.

There a problem i can't find the pokemon that is suitable for dragon claw my one and only pokemon almost lvl 100 just trying to find 1
There's a cave of dragon pokemon if you go right/east and for dragon claw move if you spend the time you to level up aron and I think larvitar to final evolutions they can learn it.

Been playing and a certain trainer is a godsend but I am also having trouble evolving sliggoo. I get it to the right level in the right level but an error message pops up and kicks me out of the game. ( The message states something about the weather).

Kinda getting disappointed, can't get goodra due to above error and the dragalge that I worked hard for doesn't count as a dragon pokemon for my gym( it is poison dragon typing so it should count) and since it can't learn dragon claw 2 of my all time favorite dragon pokemon are unuseable for my gym( was really excited for dragalge to set up battles and goodra to work as and unexpected ace....at least I can use my starter Hydreigon but disappointing nonetheless. I'm just glad I can use Aggron due to dragon claw....and I guess I could substitute Haxorus ( Really don't want to use the bagon line-surprisingly it is my least favorite dragon pokemon despite it being one of the best battle wise) . Despite my work so far I'm thinking of just abandoning the dragon gym and avoiding all gyms were I have pokemon I really love to avoid things like this.

16Gabs

Trainer
Just wanted to say I LOVED this CONCEPT and I think the game does a pretty good job with it.
Unfortunately I also got stuck without a Big Nugget; but I'll probably play again and choose a different type.
The game gave me all 3 pokemon when I chose the grass type, but from what I read here, it shouldn't be like this, so it's problably a bug (?).
Anyway, loved the game, hope it continues and grows, and if there's a discord I'd happily get in it.
Take care

M@theusD.

Rookie
This is my favorite fan game and I'd really like to tell you that I loved It, mostly because It's always been a dream of mine to actually be the Gym Leader in a pokémon game. I picked Steel type since it's my favorite and I managed to beat the game and I found everything to be perfect. But in the end...My only complaint about the game, and literally a only and single one is...the game turns out to be buggy sometimes.
My situation in here is...I already beaten the game, like I told before, and since I had nothing better to do, I decided to look for a shiny beldum at the Ice Cave...
Really bad choice If you ask me...Just like that my gym career is no more, my game softlocked me in the cave, and the worst parts are:
1. I already have not one but TWO Icy Rocks, but the game still won't let me leave the cave.
2. I saved while inside the cave, so I can't just reload outside it.

In fact, I understand this game is still in it's demo version and all, but If this could be done, please patch up those few last bugs people on the thread had brought up.
I know It must be easier said than done and I understand nothing about programming a hack ROM, but I'm asking as a fan, who really enjoyed the game, and had played It non-stop even after supposedly beating the game.
Thank you for your attention and have a good day 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-14-15-51-46-783_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-15-51-46-783_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 502

Sandheart123

Rookie
It wont let me load it on( my boy emulator) anything i can do i really want to play it

It want load on (my boy emulator) any way to fix that

Glaceon!! ^^

Rookie
I absolutely love this game, but I wanna know if the dev gave up on it, cause I've been holding out hope that all the bugs (There are a lot) will be de-bugged and we'll get a better version... And I don't want my hope to be false hope, so if anyone knows if the dev gave up on this game or something, then please kindly let me know...

Omegas

Trainer
... My apologies for the wait. It was never my intention for Pokemon This Gym of Mine to only do yearly updates. I apologize for not keeping you guys as up to date as I should, but I am glad to see so many people are still interested in this project. Sincerely, thank you all.

As for the game itself, shortly after this post, the game will be updated to version 3.0. This update is another overhaul with a focus on game balance and eliminating any game breaking bugs associated with the game's main story, and one notable sidequest.

Without further ado, allow me to share with you what I have in store for this game...

Overall updates:
  • The game is now using Pokemon Essentials 18.1 as opposed to version 17.2!
  • The game now includes Pokemon, Movesets, Abilities, and items from Generations 7 and 8!
  • Credits will be updated accordingly

Game Balance:
  • As mentioned in a previous update, the starter Pokemon have had their stats updated to have a BST of 600.
  • New forms called Umbal forms are now available! For more information, please refer to the Spoiler tab:
Umbal Forms were added to the game to help with game balance. In previous versions, certain Starters could be found in the wild, allowing for full teams of Base 600 Pokemon. This was something I was hoping to reserve for the Dragon Gym Leader path, and this also made certain Starters feel less special. As a result, these Umbal Forms were added to the game:
[2021-10-27] 18_44_27.213.png
[2021-10-27] 18_42_46.654.png

With Umbal Onix and Smeltix, I wanted to do more than recreate Onix and Steelix with new paint. I wanted to give them a playstyle that the other cannot offer. Onix (Rock/Fire) and Smeltix(Steel/Fire) can have the new ability Final Touch, which boosts the power of super-effective moves. This gives these normally defensive Pokemon a bit of an offensive presence their counterparts often lack, and the extra Special Defense on Smeltix gives it some survivability against moves that would otherwise scare off Steelix.

Onix evolves into Smeltix at Level 32
[2021-10-27] 18_46_31.931.png
[2021-10-27] 18_46_47.816.png

Did you know Cherrim's ability Flower Gift is supposed to boost the Attack and Special Defense of it and its allies? Me neither. As such, Umbal
Cherrim(Grass/Dark or Grass/Fairy) has stats that can take advantage of this boost. Overcast has high Special Attack and decent defensive stats to make setting up sun easier and Sunshine has high Attack and Special Defense that can turn it into a surprisingly bulky sweeper!
[2021-10-27] 18_43_41.308.png

Umbal Chinchou(Water/Dark) and Umbal Lanturn(Water/Dark) take the normally special-oriented Pokemon and turns them into bulky physical attackers with an emphasis on biting attacks. It can still have Volt Absorb as an ability if you want to go with a more defensive route.
[2021-10-27] 18_43_47.236.png

This set of Steel/Dragon Pokemon play similarly to their counterparts and are the only Forms that are almost identical to their original forms. If you are looking for a solid Umbal Form that doesn't operate too differently from its cousin, these forms can slot onto almost any team with little issues, aside from it not being compatible with your Gym of course...
  • Trainers that challenge your Gym have been altered to better scale to your team's expected power level. As your reputation grows, the Trainers may start coming at you with a startegy unique to them.
  • Wild Pokemon now scale to your team's level and the wild encounters change depending on your Gym Leader Rank.
  • While the levels of Trainers you encounter in the field will vary quite a bit, but they, also, grow stronger as you get a better reputation. If you feel like you are lagging behind, try challenging Trainers you have beaten before!

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a variety of game-breaking bugs associated with the Badlands!
  • Fixed an issue where you could get stuck doing the Gym Guide's quest. (If you are having issues, make sure to get the Icy Rock, even if you have already gotten it before. You should leave the area automatically and the game should update accordingly.)

Known issues:
  • One issue is that older save files may find their moves to be scrambled. This is due to the movesets being updated to Gen 8. To remedy this, check your mailbox. In it there should be 24 Heart Scales, enough for 6 Pokemon to relearn 4 moves. This should be enough to at least get your Gym Team back on track.
  • Aside from this, most issues are either cosmetic, or have very little impact on the game.
  • If any issues are discovered, please let me know.

Thank you all once again for your patience. I hope that this update will provide a smooth and fun experience for you all. The update will be live a little while after this post. There should be nothing keeping anyone from finishing the game to completion. Unless there is a new major game-breaking bug discovered, this game may take a bit of a backseat to other projects I have in the works. That isn't to say that I will stop updating this game, but updates usually won't be this massive going forward, except for on a rare occasion. I am far from done from this game and there is still plenty I want to implement! Even Gym Leaders need a vacation, don't you think? For now, I hope you all enjoy what this game has to offer. Hope you all have a nice day!

chins4tw

Rookie
Hey, it's good to see this is being worked on again. I decided to start a new save file so I didn't run into and compatibility issues but about 10 minutes or so into the game I got the following messages in my error log.

=================

[Thu Oct 28 00:04:08 Eastern Daylight Time 2021]
[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `b' for nil:NilClass

Backtrace:
BattleHandlers_Items:400
BattleHandlers_Items:399:in `call'
Event_Handlers:140:in `trigger'
BattleHandlers:208:in `triggerPriorityBracketChangeItem'
Battle_Action_AttacksPriority:187:in `pbCalculatePriority'
Battle_Action_AttacksPriority:147:in `each'
Battle_Action_AttacksPriority:147:in `pbCalculatePriority'
Battle_Phase_Attack:181:in `pbAttackPhase'
Battle_StartAndEnd:327:in `pbBattleLoop'
Battle_StartAndEnd:327:in `logonerr'

=================

Backtrace:
PokeBattle_Battle:703:in `pbEndPrimordialWeather'
Battler_AbilityAndItem:68:in `pbContinualAbilityChecks'
Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:618:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

=================

[Thu Oct 28 00:04:35 Eastern Daylight Time 2021]

Backtrace:

This happened when I was spamming space bar to defeat wild pokemon. It was in the grass west of the city fighting a Sandshrew with a Larvesta

Omegas

Trainer
Hey, it's good to see this is being worked on again. I decided to start a new save file so I didn't run into and compatibility issues but about 10 minutes or so into the game I got the following messages in my error log.

=================

Backtrace:

=================

Backtrace:
PokeBattle_Battle:703:in `pbEndPrimordialWeather'
Battler_AbilityAndItem:68:in `pbContinualAbilityChecks'
Battle_Phase_EndOfRound:618:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

=================

[Thu Oct 28 00:04:35 Eastern Daylight Time 2021]

Backtrace:

This happened when I was spamming space bar to defeat wild pokemon. It was in the grass west of the city fighting a Sandshrew with a Larvesta
Thank you for playing! If you can, could you let me know the moveset Larvesta had at the time and about what level it was? I want to make sure this isn't an issue with one of Larvesta or Sandshrew's moves, as well. If you can, just send me a DM or post it here so I can check.

lind113

Rookie
Hi, just want to say that I think this is my favourite Pokemon fangame so far? Also, got some weird results from the starter pokemon received from Lillith's house, so I tested all the options and wrote down the results.

Number picked, type picked: Pokemon received - Special move

1, fire: Charmander - Wild Charge
1, water: Squirtle - Shell Smash
1, grass: Bulbasaur - Quiver Dance
2, fire: - Cyndaquil - Dragon Dance
2, water: Totodile - Head Smash
2, grass: Chicorita - Cosmic Power
3, fire: Torchic - ExtremeSpeed
3, water: Mudkip - Sludge Wave
3, grass: Treecko - Stone Edge
4, fire: Chimchar - Wild Charge
4, water: Piplup - Brave Bird
4, grass: Turtwig - Amnesia
5, fire: Tepig - Head Smash
5, water: Oshawott - ExtremeSpeed
5, grass: Snivy - Swords Dance
6, fire: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
6, water: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given

6, grass: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
7, fire: - Litten - Icicle Crash, also given Scorbunny - Play Rough
7, water: Popplio - Quiver Dance, also given Sobble - Earth Power
7, grass: Game crashes
8, fire: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
8, water: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
8, grass: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given

Italics is non-game breaking stuff that's probably not supposed to happen, Bold is game-breaking.
Also, numbers 7 and 8 display as a second set of 4 and 5.

I thought it might be useful if I wrote this down?

cottonpuff

Rookie
Is it just me or did anyone else have a type change in tm? (I chose the grass type but somehow the energy ball tm (pre 3.0) is now a bounce tm)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-12 175515.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-12 175515.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 359
  • Screenshot 2021-11-12 175454.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-12 175454.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 333

16Gabs

Trainer
Is it just me or did anyone else have a type change in tm? (I chose the grass type but somehow the energy ball tm (pre 3.0) is now a bounce tm)
Yeah, it happened with me too! (I also chose grass).

Ultimately I decided to start a new run, cause I didn't wanna think about all the prior movesets.

But yeah, happened to me too 👍

Back