• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
NOTICE:
I am aware of a ROM hack version of this game is circulating around. This is NOT that. This version requires no emulator to play and is exclusively for PC. To play, just download the ZIP file from one of the links below. Extract the file and run the game file. I have no affiliation with any of the ROM hack versions of this game.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you all for your patience! Allow me to welcome you to the demo for Pokemon This Gym of Mine: Rank Up Edition!
title.png

Take on the role of the Gym Leader of Umbal City, with a brand new coat of paint and far more to discover!

Don't believe me?
A UI ripped straight from Pokemon Black and White! Also reveals your Pokemon's EVs and IVs!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 181938.png

New Feature in battles: Atmosphere!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 184324.png

Screenshot 2023-10-29 162307.png

Atmosphere greatly assists Pokemon of certain types! Plenty of new Abilities and Moves have been added to take advantage of them!
Feel free to explore and experiment with this new field effect!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 160729.png

New and improved Gym and Building systems to further polish and refine the game!
Introducing Notoriety! As your win streak grows, stronger Trainers will appear and more rewards come your way!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161105.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161138.png

Alter your Gym Puzzle to control the flow of Trainers into your Gym!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 163011.png

Chat with your Gym Trainers and learn more about them!

And much, much, MUCH more! Even more than what I could fit into this demo! I hope you all enjoy it and I hope to have more very soon!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161929.png

Any plugins or premade sprites have been instrumental to this game's development.
Please make me immediately aware of any issues involving missing or omitted credits.

Pokemon Essentials v20.1:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.
With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy
MiDas Mike, Brother1440, FL.
PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14
Rataime, IceGod64, Savordez, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta
Wachunga, Lisa Anthony, Venom12, Near Fantastica, Luka S.J.

v20.1 Hotfix:
Maruno

Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Project
Project: Generation 6
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Credits:
#==============================================================================#
# #
# Gen 4 OW Collection #
# #
# Compiled & Created by Vanilla Sunshine #
# With help from Neo-Spriteman, #
# Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor #
# #
# Intended for use with Mr. Gela's Trainer Sprites and PBS. #
# https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/391 #
# #
#==============================================================================#

** Credits **
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo-Spriteman - Originally formatting most HGSS OWs for RMXP

Vanilla Sunshine - Formatting the OWs missing from Neo's resource for RMXP
Formatting most DPPt OWs for RMXP
Animating the Object boulder file
Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar017 - Bug Catcher (HGSS)
trchar020 - Ninja Boy
trchar049 - Scientist
trchar067 - Teacher
trchar083 - Skier
trchar116 - Poke Maniac
trchar128 - Aroma Lady
trchar130 - Bird Keeper M
trchar131 - Bird Keeper F
trchar134 - Poke Fan M
trchar136 - Poke Fan F
trchar142 - Gentleman
trchar157 - Rocket Grunt M
trchar158 - Rocket Grunt F
trchar177 - Young Couple (DPPt)
trchar178 - Young Couple (HGSS)

PurpleZaffre - Ripping & Formatting the following OWs:
NPC 83 - Looker
NPC 84 - Charon
NPC 85 - Chubby Man (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 86 - Spikey Hair (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 87 - Blushy Girl (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 88 - Director (Beta/Unreleased)
Creating the following Custom OWs: (Commissioned by Maicerochico)
trchar107 - Gambler
trchar117 - Dragon Tamer
trchar118 - Breeder M
trchar120 - Breeder F
trchar146 - Veteran

AtomicReactor - Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar124 - Ranger M
trchar126 - Ranger F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdoor Tilesets:

Magiscarf
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Kyle-Dove
Gen 4 Trainer Sprites:

Mr. Gela/theo#7722
Gen 4 Indoor Tileset:

Akizakura16 (Aki)

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites

Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:

Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:

Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Essentials Deluxe:
Lucidious89

BW Party Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Summary Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

Auto Multi Save:
http404error

Trainer Sprites:
Mr. Gela/theo#7722

Overworld Sprites:
Vanilla Sunshine, Neo-Spriteman, Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor

Improved AI Plugin:
KRLW890

Triple Triad Booster Packs:
FL

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6k3G62oT0

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-Wolfang62

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 4 Style Version
Gen 9 sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890

PLA sprites:
Travis, KingOfThe-X-Roads, Blaquaza, leParagon, Red7246, G.E.Z., Katten, Vent, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, PKMNTrainerRick., CarmaNeko, JWNutz, Erkey830

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Full Sprites Credit List:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-KC-4XDOeFKq0Z6tfN6Sz4JIlpaK7B8A0lbmBg9fNY/edit?usp=sharing

Music (from khinsider):
Playing with Psychos - Live a Live
Jubilife City - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Pokemon DPP
Wild Pokemon Defeated! - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Trainer - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Trainer! - Pokemon BW
Battle! Gym Leader - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Gym Leader! - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Victory! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Beach Volleyball Massacre - Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Game Corner - Pokemon DPP
Temporal Spire - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers
Battle - Spore Creatures DS
Proving Grounds - Spore Creatures DS
Baysee - Spore Creatures DS
Light Side - Spore Hero Arena

Zophar's Domain:
Desperate Fight - Breath of Fire 2
I'll Do It - Breath of Fire 2

Assistance from:
NotFaizen - Electro Blade/Opulite Gallade Abilities

Special thanks to:
Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

mbM7yzy.png

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!

Screenshots:
pRrSnvx.png

xO4XGlu.png

TlZRq6A.png

RFXvpC4.png

r7Wdjzj.png
lO3Nisz.png
Downloads:
Additional Links:
Reddit
Discord
If you are having trouble with the Discord link, the invite link can be found at the game's wiki:
Wiki
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Projects
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries
Generation 8 Project for Essentials

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,019
Last edited:

Orbis

Rookie
Yanma was encountered in the wild.The second error happened with a Voltorb within a gym battle, so i haven't gotten the chance to recreate it. But my team then was Kakuna, Drowzee, Geodude and a Petilil

Last edited:

Icemage22

Rookie
Hello everyone! Sadly, I don't have anything major just yet, but I wanted to update Pokemon This Gym of Mine to take care of some bugs, specifically the glitches involving that stupid Icy Rock! Yes, I did fix this in a previous update, but the fix ended up breaking it even more. It wouldn't show up unless you had already collected the rock beforehand, and, even if you did, the graphic for the item wouldn't show up! I could have been there the whole time and you wouldn't have known! This fix SHOULD fix the error and make the item in question extra noticeable! This item will be available regardless of whether you obtained the item before. So that should deal with that. Please let me know if, through some black magic, the glitch in question isn't fixed or somehow worse please no...!

Another issue involves the fisherman over by the boat. He was left over from an older version of Pokemon This Gym of Mine and, somehow, flew under my radar. He is no longer in the game and should no longer be crashing your game.

This is on purpose. As you get stronger, so do the Trainers and Pokemon around you. This is so that any new Pokemon you catch aren't drastically underleveled and that you can reliably train your Pokemon.

All trade evolutions evolve via happiness. Haunter specifically evolves when leveled up at night with high happiness.

Mythical Field has a couple Psychic types floating around. If that is a bit far for your team at the moment, Beldum can occasionally be found in the Cavern of Knowledge (Check around the Winding Wood) and Smoochum can be found in Cold Steel Cavern (The southern cave in the Craggy Pass).

If you do want the formula for the buildings, it will be in here:
The game takes your total Culture score, multiplies it by your Industry score, and adds your Tourism.
If your Industry is higher than your Culture, it divides your score by your total Culture. If it is higher, it multiplies it by your Culture, instead.
To put it simply, try to keep your Culture a bit higher than your Industry score. Tourism is always safe to add on, but provides much less of a boost.

Sadly, Horsea cannot be added to your team. It is currently only available as a starter and doesn't have a regional variant like some other starters.

Thank you all once again for all of your continued support! I am glad you all love this game and I hope the next major update only improves the experience for you! It will probably be a good bit longer until then (College, work, sudden ideas coming into my head and refusing to leave me alone, the usual). As such, I want to give you guys another taste of what's to come!

View attachment 9292

Frijed City is one of 3 cities you will be able to take a vacation to in the next major update! It is a cold, icy land filled with Ice type Pokemon! Mime Jr. caught here will evolve into their Galarian Form! You might even run into the Gym Leader over the town!

View attachment 9293View attachment 9294
Frijian Nidoqueen and Nidoking are Ground/Ice types that appear all around Frijed Fields. They make for a great partner if you decided against Swinub as your starter. Originally, I wanted to make them Poison/Ice to give them a unique typing, but I decided against it. Since the Nidos are all a weird hybrid of a rhino and rabbit, I decided to pull from snowshoe hares and the extinct Wooly Rhino for their design, with Nidoqueen getting a lovely head of hair and Nidoking getting some hair on its chest and a nice mustache! The only difference between these two and their Kantonian counterparts is that they drop Poison Point in favor of Ice Body, giving them a lot of utility on Hail teams.

View attachment 9295
Around Opulance City, many Pokemon have adapted to the urban environment. Gardevoir and Gallade (WIP) take on a much more extroverted and excitable form in the city, in comparison to their Hoenn and Sinnoh counterparts. Gardevoir drops its Fairy typing and Gallade loses its Psychic typing to gain Electric. They differ quite a bit from their other forms by taking on a more offensive stat spread as opposed to the Special bulk they had. In addition, they gain the ability Dancer! The idea behind these two is that they are inspired by newer dance styles like hip-hop and breakdancing. Overall, these two are quite different from their other forms and I hope you consider them for your teams, if you are able!

View attachment 9296
Breezee Town sports a multitude of renewable energy sources, from high winds to a massive dam! The Pokemon in the area have adapted nicely to the environment, such as Magby and its evolutions. With high heat creating hot steam in its body, this semi-aquatic creature has a Water/Fire typing. It is very similar to its Kantonian form, so it should be easy to use for fans of the original, with Water Absorb giving them immunity to what was once their weakness.
The idea behind the design for this one was to make use of a blue flame. The color indicating an increase in heat and blue is heavily associated with Water. However, I am kind of on the fence with its current design, so it might change over the course of development.

And that is all I have to say! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

EDIT: Something that I forgot to mention is that I made a small change to Pokemon types. I thought I removed it before release, but I checked the files and I didn't. The change was that Ice types resist Fairy type moves and Fairy types are weak to Ice type moves. Did you notice? Did you like the change? If you guys think its a nice change, let me know and I'll leave it. If not, I'll probably take it out next patch.
I still have a problem with the Icy Rock quest, specifically that after I collect the item I immideately get teleported out of the cave and talk to the Gym Guide again but he just keeps telling me to find that Icy Rock for him for some reason. I also saved the game after I accepted the quest from him without thinking so I'm currently stuck in an endless loop and unable to leave the cave.

Omegas

Trainer
I still have a problem with the Icy Rock quest, specifically that after I collect the item I immideately get teleported out of the cave and talk to the Gym Guide again but he just keeps telling me to find that Icy Rock for him for some reason. I also saved the game after I accepted the quest from him without thinking so I'm currently stuck in an endless loop and unable to leave the cave.
I swear... This simple fetch quest is somehow the biggest thorn in my side. Not the complicated systems to determine revenue or reputation, the Icy Rock fetch quest, of all things!

Anyhow, I have a fix at the ready and it will be out in a sec, no need to reset your game or anything. My apologies for this ONE quest in particular. This should be the last fix I need to make for this quest.

I should, hopefully, have a much more substantial update before the end of the month. I hope you will all be excited for it! The bug fix will be out in a second after this post.

Drew

Novice
Hello, can anyone tell what the pokemons are in each types in selecting your gym type.

Does anyone know where to find swablu?

Icemage22

Rookie
I swear... This simple fetch quest is somehow the biggest thorn in my side. Not the complicated systems to determine revenue or reputation, the Icy Rock fetch quest, of all things!

Anyhow, I have a fix at the ready and it will be out in a sec, no need to reset your game or anything. My apologies for this ONE quest in particular. This should be the last fix I need to make for this quest.

I should, hopefully, have a much more substantial update before the end of the month. I hope you will all be excited for it! The bug fix will be out in a second after this post.
Thank you for the fix, the quest is now working properly and I was able to finish the rest of the game without issue. I've had a lot of fun with the game and man, I really didn't expect what happened with the Mayor in the end until it took place.

One minor issue I had is that sometimes when I was battling in the gym I went up against the same person three times in a row, but I'm guessing that was just random chance. Other than that I can't think of any other problems I had when playing the game at the moment.

Chukles

Rookie
Anyone else choose fairy type with togepi starter? All the togepi sprites are actually igglybuff. Still waiting for evolution to see if it properly goes togetic.

Note: I started my game in a previous version but my togepi was still igglybuff (sprites) when I continued in latest 3.03 version here. Also, when I continued save in new version all my attacks were different - i.e. Dazzling Gleam became Gunk Shot on all mons. And my dazzling gleam tm became a mega stone for someone... lol. Maybe my old version I started on was just really funky.

Remilend

Rookie
Should it crash after talking to woman after the "Riddle cave"? Cuz i don't think so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Omegas

Trainer
Thank you for the fix, the quest is now working properly and I was able to finish the rest of the game without issue. I've had a lot of fun with the game and man, I really didn't expect what happened with the Mayor in the end until it took place.

One minor issue I had is that sometimes when I was battling in the gym I went up against the same person three times in a row, but I'm guessing that was just random chance. Other than that I can't think of any other problems I had when playing the game at the moment.
Glad it worked and that you enjoyed the game.

Anyone else choose fairy type with togepi starter? All the togepi sprites are actually igglybuff. Still waiting for evolution to see if it properly goes togetic.

Note: I started my game in a previous version but my togepi was still igglybuff (sprites) when I continued in latest 3.03 version here. Also, when I continued save in new version all my attacks were different - i.e. Dazzling Gleam became Gunk Shot on all mons. And my dazzling gleam tm became a mega stone for someone... lol. Maybe my old version I started on was just really funky.
So, since you are continuing from an older version, some items and moves got their IDs swapped around. This was a side effect of the changes made to allow for newer Pokemon and moves. If you wish to continue playing your current save, go to your mailbox. You should find 24 Heart Scales, enough to replace all the moves on a full team of Pokemon.
Since the glitch with Igglybuff was from an older generation, there is not anything I can really do about it, unfortunately. If there was an issue, it has since been patched out, and there is no issues with the sprites in the current version. I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do fix that particular issue.

Should it crash after talking to woman after the "Riddle cave"? Cuz i don't think so...
I've looked in to this, and the event did not crash for me. If you can, please DM me or reply to this with the choices you made for the event, and I'll see if I can find the root of the issue.

Erioncard

Rookie
Hi, just want to say that I think this is my favourite Pokemon fangame so far? Also, got some weird results from the starter pokemon received from Lillith's house, so I tested all the options and wrote down the results.

Number picked, type picked: Pokemon received - Special move
1, fire: Charmander - Wild Charge
1, water: Squirtle - Shell Smash
1, grass: Bulbasaur - Quiver Dance
2, fire: - Cyndaquil - Dragon Dance
2, water: Totodile - Head Smash
2, grass: Chicorita - Cosmic Power
3, fire: Torchic - ExtremeSpeed
3, water: Mudkip - Sludge Wave
3, grass: Treecko - Stone Edge
4, fire: Chimchar - Wild Charge
4, water: Piplup - Brave Bird
4, grass: Turtwig - Amnesia
5, fire: Tepig - Head Smash
5, water: Oshawott - ExtremeSpeed
5, grass: Snivy - Swords Dance
6, fire: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
6, water: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given

6, grass: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
7, fire: - Litten - Icicle Crash, also given Scorbunny - Play Rough
7, water: Popplio - Quiver Dance, also given Sobble - Earth Power
7, grass: Game crashes
8, fire: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
8, water: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given
8, grass: Game proceeds as normal, no pokemon given

Italics is non-game breaking stuff that's probably not supposed to happen, Bold is game-breaking.
Also, numbers 7 and 8 display as a second set of 4 and 5.

I thought it might be useful if I wrote this down?
Can confirm that attempting to select Rowlett (number 7 grass choice) from Lilith's house still results in the game crashing, seems to be only one to do so.
PTGOM-Error.png

DragonLysou

Rookie
Hello, i must say it one of my favorite pokemon game, but i want to know where the save file is to save it and start with an other gym type, where is the save location please, and again good job for the game !!

Zvuv

Rookie
Hey I really enjoy your game it's becom one of my favorite pokemon fan games I have a question there is a house were a girl give you stater pokemons and side that they can learn moves that they nomrly can't I get chikorita (I really love her don't jugde me) but I don't get how to teach her new moves

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, everyone! It's been a good bit since I had a substantial update for you guys. So, here it is. Pokemon This Gym of Mine 4.0, the Vacation Update!

After this update, you will be able to take a vacation to one of three locations.

Frijed City:

[2021-12-16] 14_04_25.282.png

A place teeming with icy Pokemon and beautiful scenery! The Gym Leader here is Perma. She specializes in Ice-type Pokemon. However, if you specialize in this type, she uses Fairy-type Pokemon instead!

Opulance City:
[2022-06-28] 20_29_30.473.png

Opulance City is massive! Why not visit the Record Shop and get a TR, or the mall for the latest items! I hear the Poke Ball Factory is about to have a brand-new breakthrough! Be careful, the alleyways are home to aggressive Dark and Fighting-type Pokemon! Luckily, the Gym Leader Grant specializes in Fighting or Dark depending on your specialization.

Breezee Town:
[2022-06-28] 20_30_01.194.png

Quiet, little Breezee Town is home to windmills and a large dam. Electric and Flying Pokemon make their home here. Despite this, the Gym Leader Hoover specializes in Electric and Fire Pokemon. He is loved by the locals, regardless.

You gain one vacation day after 5 days. You can call the Gym Leader Hotline or talk to the mayor's secretary to see your vacation days or set up a vacation. You can even take your Gym Trainers with you! They might work harder if you treat them to a getaway!

Of course, there is more to these areas than taking in the scenery! New Pokemon abound! Here are some new Regional Variants you'll see in these locales!

031_1.png
034_1.png

I've already talked about the Nidos in a previous post. Despite this, they are probably some of my favorite designs out of the new forms, so I hope you give them a shot!

437_1.png

Like the Nidos, I talked about Frijian Bronzong before. If you are concerned about your team sharing too many weaknesses, this might be a good Pokemon to catch! It only has one weakness, and you can choose which one! Just catch the one with the ability you want.

475_1.png

This is Opulant Gardevoir's physical attacking counterpart! Like with Gardevoir, it trades out bulk for power and speed and drops it Psychic type for Electric.

106_1.png
107_1.png
237_1.png

Here are the Hitmon of Opulance City! Hitmonlee have trained so muck with the Throh that populate the area that these Fighting/Normal types have incorporated a variety of grapples into their fighting style.
Hitmonchan was inspired by shadow-boxing, a method used by boxers to help workout and hone their form. This Fighting/Ghost type improves during battle by using Power-Up Punch and taking more and more blows with its Stamina ability!
Hitmontop becomes a fierce Fighting/Rock type. Drawing inspiration from Lethwei, also known as the Art of 9 limbs, Hitmontop weaponizes its entire body to brutal efficiency! Its Rock Head ability allows it to make even riskier plays that a normal Hitmontop

446_1.png

This Dark type version of Munchlax doesn't change much compared to its Sinnohan counterpart. However, its evolution trades out all of its bulk for speed and strength! Be careful if you come across this Pokemon in Opulance's dark alleys...

126_1.png

Breezian Magmar pumps out steam like its no business. This Water/FIre type can easily slot onto a Fire team, as it can tank Water attacks, and a Water team, as it can easily dispatch Grass types.

403_1.png

This adorable, little wind turbine has an incredible new ability! Wind Tunnel brings a tailwind into effect when it enters the battle! It pairs up greatly with slower Pokemon that might struggle to get a hit in.

429_1.png

Breezian Mismagius is a terrifying Ghost/Fire type. It seeks out people who harbor guilt and feeds off of it. However, the people of Breezee say this isn't the strongest form it takes. They speak of a nightmarish Pokemon, Misdemur!

Vacations aren't the only thing this update adds! A new quest is available, too! Finish this quest and new moves will be available to you! Here is a hint...
[2022-06-28] 20_12_56.579.png

I feel like I say this everytime I release a major update, but, sincerely, thank you all for the support you guys have given Pokemon This Gym of Mine. This game when from a broken mess into something I can truly say I'm happy with. Because of that, I have a little something for you guys.

Hidden in the game is a special room with a special battle. You need to be Gym Leader Rank 8 before you can even attempt to find it, and, even then, it is quite out of the way. The only hint I'll give is to check around the Badlands. If you can beat this Trainer, take a screenshot of the item they give you. Whatever you do, DON'T post it to the forum. DM it to me. And please, whatever happens, keep it a secret between us, okay. ;) No one likes spoilers...

And with all that, I hope you all have a wonderful day...

Back