• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Dynamax [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Dynamax [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.5

rafahbit

Novice
Just recompile. It sounds like your PBS files are recognized, but your species data needs to be refreshed to recognize the flags for G-Max forms.
The problem was the pla-effort levels plugin, it was preventing gmaxmove from appearing, I just deleted it and it worked normally.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Hey Lucidious89, Glad to see this plugin back again! Thanks for all your amazing work! Looking forward to more in the future. Quick odd bug which is pretty much a familiar issue on an earlier version of your Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] that was fixed with an update you did to it. Not sure what fixed it but hopefully it can be applied to this. The bug I am referring to is this one:
From what I noticed is that when ever I Terastallize a Pokémon during a battle they will remain in their Terastallized form along with their overlay after that battle (This is fixable through the debug options).

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey Lucidious89, Glad to see this plugin back again! Thanks for all your amazing work! Looking forward to more in the future. Quick odd bug which is pretty much a familiar issue on an earlier version of your Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] that was fixed with an update you did to it. Not sure what fixed it but hopefully it can be applied to this. The bug I am referring to is this one:
Must be a conflict with another plugin. Which was the same cause of the bug youre quoting.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Must be a conflict with another plugin. Which was the same cause of the bug youre quoting.
Yeah, I figured that was the case, but is no longer an issue for Terastallization as of a change I assume was done during an update for that plugin not sure as I did not change anything on my end for my project that I am aware of at this time. I thought it would be helpful to let you know if it helped find a correlation for a fix if dynamxing was handled the same way.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Since neither this plugin nor Caruban's gen9 pack provides gen5 style g-max back sprites, I will provide.
I just use sprites from gen8 pack and resize them. Simply credit Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project if you use.

sanderk35

Rookie
Question, is it possible to use terastalize and dynamax and z-moves on the same pokemon?

Lucidious89

Champion
Question, is it possible to use terastalize and dynamax and z-moves on the same pokemon?
The tutorial for each add on lists the eligibility conditions for each mechanic.

The short answer however is no. If anything, I've gone through great lengths to ensure that this isn't possible.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
When a Clodsire Dynamaxes I get this error and it's probably similar for other gen 9 Pokémon too.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
100:GameData:103:in `get'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [003] UI.rb:33:in `set_dynamax_pattern'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:24:in `block in dynamaxSpriteWithOutline'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:7:in `each'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:7:in `dynamaxSpriteWithOutline'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:125:in `createProcesses'
193:Battle_Scene_BaseAnimation:12:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:75:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:566:in `new'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:566:in `pbShowDynamax'

Lucidious89

Champion
When a Clodsire Dynamaxes I get this error and it's probably similar for other gen 9 Pokémon too.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
100:GameData:103:in `get'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [003] UI.rb:33:in `set_dynamax_pattern'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:24:in `block in dynamaxSpriteWithOutline'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:7:in `each'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:7:in `dynamaxSpriteWithOutline'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:125:in `createProcesses'
193:Battle_Scene_BaseAnimation:12:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:75:in `initialize'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:566:in `new'
[[DBK] Dynamax] [008] Dynamax Animations.rb:566:in `pbShowDynamax'
Your Clodsire is in form 1, but no such form exists.

Lucidious89

Champion
How is it in form 1? The trainer with it doesn't have any form defined.
Oh, I get it. It's because evolutions of regional forms retain the form of their previous stage to act as a "default form" for situations where you want to retrieve information about their previous evolutionary stage. So for example, Clodsire returns Paldean Wooper (form 1) as its previous evolution, and not base Wooper (form 0). So Dynamax is mistakenly trying to read Clodsire's data as :CLODSIRE_1, even though :CLODSIRE_1 doesn't exist. Easy fix, I'll get around to it eventually.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Oh, I get it. It's because evolutions of regional forms retain the form of their previous stage to act as a "default form" for situations where you want to retrieve information about their previous evolutionary stage. So for example, Clodsire returns Paldean Wooper (form 1) as its previous evolution, and not base Wooper (form 0). So Dynamax is mistakenly trying to read Clodsire's data as :CLODSIRE_1, even though :CLODSIRE_1 doesn't exist. Easy fix, I'll get around to it eventually.
What could I do about it in the meantime?

Lucidious89

Champion
What could I do about it in the meantime?
I guess just avoid Dynamaxing regional evos? Idk. I haven't looked at the code yet, it's all just theorycrafting in my head. I'm taking a break from touching any code until next month probably. I'm just keeping notes of any reported bugs so I can fix everything all at once when I return.

Lucidious89

Champion

xarrin

Rookie
I ask maybe an useful question but, Dynamax plugin can work at the same time to Terrastal plugin ? Because i install all plugin you do (they are amazing) and all mechanics work but i cant use the Dynamax

Lucidious89

Champion
I ask maybe an useful question but, Dynamax plugin can work at the same time to Terrastal plugin ? Because i install all plugin you do (they are amazing) and all mechanics work but i cant use the Dynamax
The guide for each plugin lists all the eligibility requirements for each mechanic.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Dynamax [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.5 Update

• Dynamax mechanics will now show up in battle logs when battle logging is enabled.
  • Made some minor adjustments in preparation for the release of the Wonder Launcher add-on.
  • When an NPC trainer's AI wants to save Dynamax for their final Pokemon, it will now only count inactive party members. Previously, a Pokemon didn't count as their final one if they still had other active battlers on the field in double/triple battles.
  • The overlay that appears on Dynamax Pokemon is now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
Hey Lucidious89, I tested the plugin and the animated Dynamax overlays aren't showing at all (also tested in a clean version of Essentials) and I noticed that some Pokémon sprites (the big ones) overlap the components in the summary screen (don't know if it's related). The animated overlays from all other plugins work well.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey Lucidious89, I tested the plugin and the animated Dynamax overlays aren't showing at all (also tested in a clean version of Essentials) and I noticed that some Pokémon sprites (the big ones) overlap the components in the summary screen (don't know if it's related). The animated overlays from all other plugins work well.
Dynamax overlays and sprite enlargements don't appear in the Summary at all (unlike other plugin sprite changes). So if you're only looking in the Summary to test this, you won't see any difference.

This also makes me question what you mean exactly when you say that "big" Pokemon sprites overlap Summary UI. Because like I said, the Dynamax visuals don't display in the Summary, so none of the sprites will be enlarged to break the UI.

Back