• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.8

Lucidious89

Champion

PokémonHeroine90

Being, autistic, furry and misophonic since 1990
@Lucidious89 I need some help. I've installed a Deluxe Battle Kit and a Terastallization kit and I ended up ran ton error like this:
Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: Errno::EACCES
Message: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - PBS/pokemon_forms_Gen_9_Pack.txt

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:83:in `initialize'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:83:in `open'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:83:in `edit_and_rewrite_pbs_file_text'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:169:in `block (3 levels) in modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:125:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:125:in `block (2 levels) in modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:106:in `each_key'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:106:in `block in modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:104:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:104:in `modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'

I believe it had something to do with the forms.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
@Lucidious89 I need some help. I've installed a Deluxe Battle Kit and a Terastallization kit and I ended up ran ton error like this:
Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: Errno::EACCES
Message: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - PBS/pokemon_forms_Gen_9_Pack.txt

Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:83:in `initialize'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:83:in `open'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:83:in `edit_and_rewrite_pbs_file_text'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:169:in `block (3 levels) in modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:125:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:125:in `block (2 levels) in modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:106:in `each_key'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:106:in `block in modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:104:in `each'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [000] Compiler.rb:104:in `modify_pbs_file_contents_before_compiling'

I believe it had something to do with the forms.
This is not a plugin error, or even an Essentials error. It just seems like your computer isn't allowing you access to the specified PBS file, for some reason.

PokémonHeroine90

Being, autistic, furry and misophonic since 1990
I might have to restart the PC and see if it helps.

ShionFate

Rookie
Hey, so I'm not sure what I did wrong, but whenever I Tera a pokemon (Pikachu with Light ball for example) it does less damage with thunderbolt than if it wasnt tera against a Dewgong

I did it in double battle format, and tera pikachu with light ball using thunderbolt against dewgong did about 50% less than the non-tera Pikachu duplicate.

i tried peeking at the code too and couldnt find a reason for the damage reduction

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey, so I'm not sure what I did wrong, but whenever I Tera a pokemon (Pikachu with Light ball for example) it does less damage with thunderbolt than if it wasnt tera against a Dewgong

I did it in double battle format, and tera pikachu with light ball using thunderbolt against dewgong did about 50% less than the non-tera Pikachu duplicate.

i tried peeking at the code too and couldnt find a reason for the damage reduction
Are you on the latest version?

Lucidious89

Champion
Can I know so I can do a temporary patch to the current version's code?
One of the :final_damage_multiplier lines is supposed to have *= instead of just *. I suspect this is probably true for the AI portion of the code as well. I forget where exactly, I already shut off my computer. I'll fix it eventually.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
One of the :final_damage_multiplier lines is supposed to have *= instead of just *. I suspect this is probably true for the AI portion of the code as well. I forget where exactly, I already shut off my computer. I'll fix it eventually.
I have found the lines and fixed. They are in [008] Battle_move.rb.

Lucidious89

Champion

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Is there something wrong with your download link? I am getting warnings from my anti virus that it might be harmful to my computer.

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
So for some reason in a battle im doing the ai just isnt terastilizing.... its a double battle. they both have 1 pokemon each and a tera orb. im not sure if them only having one pokemon is the issue.

Edit (5/19)
Found the original issue, didn't have tera on however its still not working properly as in a 2 person double battle its only terastilizing once and its when theres only one pokemon on their side rather than for each trainer.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
So for some reason in a battle im doing the ai just isnt terastilizing.... its a double battle. they both have 1 pokemon each and a tera orb. im not sure if them only having one pokemon is the issue.

Edit (5/19)
Found the original issue, didn't have tera on however its still not working properly as in a 2 person double battle its only terastilizing once and its when theres only one pokemon on their side rather than for each trainer.
It works just fine for me. The AI is either simply unable to Terastallize, or has determined that it isn't advantageous enough to waste Terastallization (based on its skill level).

For example, I tried a double battle with opposing trainers with the following Pokemon on the field:

Rattata [Tera Normal]
Spearow [Tera Normal]

Vs. the player's Pikachu and Pidgeotto.

The AI Terastallized both Pokemon, since it's advantageous for both Pokemon to do so due to having Normal-type moves to utilize.

I ran the same test with the only difference being Rattata being given Tera Ghost, and the AI chose to only Terastallize Spearow, since there was no offensive advantage to Terastallizing Rattata (since it has no Ghost-type moves). The trainers I was battling against were low-skilled trainers (a Youngster and a Camper), so only offense is taken into consideration with Terastallization AI.

Against higher skilled trainers, they may have determined Tera Ghost was actually useful for Rattata despite lacking any Ghost moves, since this would have given Rattata defensive utility against Pikachu and Pidgeotto's Normal-type moves.

EDIT: If you wanna test this yourself, just turn on battle logs in debug mode to see the exact scores the AI is calculating to determine if it should Terastallize.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Terastallization [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.8 Update

• Terastal mechanics will now show up in battle logs when battle logging is enabled.
  • Made some minor adjustments in preparation for the release of the Wonder Launcher add-on.
  • When an NPC trainer's AI wants to save Terastallization for their final Pokemon, it will now only count inactive party members. Previously, a Pokemon didn't count as their final one if they still had other active battlers on the field in double/triple battles.
  • The crystal overlays that appear on Tera...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back