• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Ethereal Gates

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Perihelion Productions is proud to present our flagship project!

logo_by_siraquakip-d8pfh3v.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

INTRODUCTION
Immerse yourself in the beautiful Leneka Region and discover tons of new wild Pokémon around every corner. Build your favorite team of Pokémon and battle your way to the top by challenging experienced Gym Leaders throughout the region. Encounter mythical legendary Pokémon and keep those who seek to do harm from reaching their goals! You’ll face many challenges along the way, but if you work hard enough, you will succeed in your quest to be the greatest Pokémon trainer ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

peg_map_region_by_siraquakip-d8pfhvp.png

STORY
Legend tells of an ancient Pokémon with the ability to travel between the world of the living and the world of the dead. It is said that long ago, our ancestors used to summon this Pokémon with a relic, and on rare occasions, it would appear and bring one who had passed back to the land of the living. When the common people had heard of this great power, wars broke out over the want to bring the dead back. The monks who guarded the relic decided that the power was too much for any to hold, and broke the relic into four parts, and scattered them across the region. Legend also tells of four fearsome beasts who guard each part of the relic. These fabled sites have become known as “Ethereal Gates”.
You begin your Pokémon journey in a rather unexpected way--you’re dragged along by a friend with a bit too much passion for Pokémon research. But before long you become enthralled with Pokémon as well, and begin working for the Pokémon Professor, Hawthorne, on completing his Pokédex project. To test your strength, you encounter Gym Leaders throughout the region, and you also encounter the evil Team Mythos, whose nefarious plans just may put the entire world in jeopardy!

Meet your first partner!

pIZzxtb.gif
sLZQZCx.gif
hU5LmRG.gif

Fernling ♦ Kittorch ♦ Bubull

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARACTERS
In Pokémon Ethereal Gates, you have a choice to play as either a boy or a girl. Like in most Pokémon games, this character is the silent protagonist--sort of a blank slate that you can imprint yourself onto. We have taken great care in crafting our cast of memorable characters!

cooperandsophie_by_siraquakip-d8pfitw.png
rivals_by_siraquakip-d8pfj9o.png

SCREENSHOTS
screenshots_by_siraquakip-d8tcro7.png

TRAILER

MUSIC

CREDITS

The Perihelion Productions Team
Evan Starr
Mark Baldino
Aaron Schmitz
Sean Petersen
Josh Leung

Pokémon Essentials by
Flameguru
Poccil
Maruno

Other Script Thanks to
Klein Studio
Luka S.J.
Dragonnite
Spriters-Resource
Shiney570
KCG

Pokémon by
GAME FREAK
Nintendo
Creatures inc.

Additional Thanks to
Marc Azria
Scott Geldzahler
Sam Gelman
"Senor Shyza"
"Squirt05"
"DRaB"
Eric Chen
Alessio Zisa
Rob Wickline
Amanda Spivack

DOWNLOAD LINKS!!!!
FOR PC: http://goo.gl/6cXtQA
FOR MAC: http://goo.gl/ok8zUg
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC: https://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/comments/1yga3w/tutorial_to_play_on_mac/

Last edited:

ELMaximo

Novice
Finished the Demo! The Graphics are nice, audios are great! Even though it's just a demo, I really liked the game! Can't wait for the Completed version of this game! :blush:

DestinyBond

Human (?)
On one hand, I want to say I "bloody ell, when's the next update?!" and whip a lash
On the other, I want to say " This game is gorgeous, I can't wait for the next update,keep up the good work"

Djaco75

MasterMind
WOW! I've heard about this game from heaps of people, but only checked it out now! I'm so impressed! Both with the level of creativity, the level of how good the game looks and how good the music is!

I can't wait to see this finished. I can't wait even more to play the demo!

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
I absolutely love what has come out so far. All the little polishes from the menu icons changed into little portraits of their faces to the title cards that show up in certain areas really add a level of uniqueness that really kept me drawn in. The only frustrating portion for me was the gym puzzles because they actually required you to use your brain and quite frankly I don't have one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most of the Pokémon were far too adorable and only a select few had me raising eyebrows (Earr's dead gaze had me shooken). I even checked the wiki and after browsing the current roster I still found very little I didn't like.

I should probably mention that I'm a really big fan of New Zealand as well and I'm glad a region is being inspired off of it. I've visited Auckland and Rangitoto Island before. The urban and wild areas in NZ are quite breathtaking and EG does a pretty good job capturing the diversity and vastness of the area, even if it's only portrayed in a 2D top-down manner.

And of course, as a composer myself, I'd like to say props to Sean for making such a wonderful well-themed soundtrack to match and improve the experience of the game. Although, I did notice that at least in this demo, the music overpowers the sound effects and made it a bit hard to enjoy some of the new cries that came with many new Pokémon, which I guess is my only piece of feedback for future installments.

Keep at it guys, I'll be waiting for the next release!
Oh, and here's my squad by the time I finished the demo.
lR4GPy8.png

Djaco75

MasterMind
OK! I just did a playthrough of this game, as you can see from my shiny new badge, and it looks amazing!'

I love the details on the maps and the effort you've put into constructing them, as well as the trainers. I loved the gyms and their puzzles, but I did find it annoying how the puzzles reset every time I left the Gym. I feel like the player would not lose any content if the gym puzzle, once solved, would stay solved.

On the topic of the gyms, I found both leaders really challenging. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but if the game continues to be this challenging, it might discourage people to play it.

With that being said, the rest of the game was super enjoyable, especially the other side quests. I really loved playing this and can't wait for an update to be released.

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
I once said this game has an odd screen size and it would be difficult to justify that size with the quality of mapping that would need to be done, and I was incredibly skeptical that it could be done.

I have to say now that I was completely wrong - while the screen size is indeed large, it's used perfectly and designed with the size in mind.
While I have gripes with certain design choices and nit-picky things, this game is truly top tier - the amount of work that was put into it, and the quality of polish given to each detail is stunning.

This game truly paved the way for up and coming fan games from its demo release til now, and set the bar for fan-games to follow.

The characters are so lively and have great personalities, and they play off of one another perfectly. Not to mention the art is adorable as heck.
The Fakemon feel so genuine and real, its hard to strike a perfect balance between that pokemon feel without going too far and making it feel more like a digimon, but you nailed it.

and the music :weary_face:

Hawky

Novice
When I started playing this my virus scanner said it had a trojon in it, not saying anything to those who made it, I just wanted to say something so that others could check theirs and maybe the creators could figure out why? Unless it is just my scanner? But you never know unless you ask, and that's what I'm doing

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
When I started playing this my virus scanner said it had a trojon in it, not saying anything to those who made it, I just wanted to say something so that others could check theirs and maybe the creators could figure out why? Unless it is just my scanner? But you never know unless you ask, and that's what I'm doing

No trojan within the download, promise.

Sometimes these scanners flag things called Game.exe because they frequently contain malware.

But no, we're not trying to harm your computer. 'sall good.

Hawky

Novice
No trojan within the download, promise.

Sometimes these scanners flag things called Game.exe because they frequently contain malware.

But no, we're not trying to harm your computer. 'sall good.

Well it's like I said, I DOUBTED that it was actually in there, but I wanted to tell ya in case there was a problem. I love the game truly I do :) I even recommended it to a friend------------------------Sorry for double posting

But I AM having a problem with saving, I catch a pokemon and go to save and the game crashes, is that a game issue or a me issue? It doesn't matter what pokemon it is either------------------------I wanted to put more info here, cause I realized that I didn't before XD sorry again for multiple posts

I got my starter and got pokeballs from the man like your supposed to, caught a Verdva (adorable pokemon) and everything was fine, but then I tried to catch another pokemon and save and the game crashes, I don't know why it's doing this and I'm getting a little annoyed about it has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix I can do? Cause I want to keep playing but there isn't a point if I can't catch more pokemon

Last edited:

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Well since I'm a formal member of this forum and can actually provide feedback now, let me just say: I'm doing a shinylocke run to bide the time for the next release and yet I still think about this game and what might come nearly every day. It blew me away the first time I played it and it continues to wow me with everything contained even in just this little demo. The sprite work is on point, the backgrounds are gorgeous, the music is lively and full, not to mention the characters are just alive. Like @Djaco75 mentioned the difficulty scaling with the second gym went really high up, but I think I remember reading in the reddit that it was some kind of bug? So I imagine the difficulty scaling will be comfortable in the full release. Anyway I've got nothing else to say so here's my team while I soft reset for a shiny Pokeball crab:

t6XFqJF.png
Jason, Blue Beetle, Suzy, and Rin!

Evan

Well it's like I said, I DOUBTED that it was actually in there, but I wanted to tell ya in case there was a problem. I love the game truly I do :) I even recommended it to a friend------------------------Sorry for double posting

But I AM having a problem with saving, I catch a pokemon and go to save and the game crashes, is that a game issue or a me issue? It doesn't matter what pokemon it is either------------------------I wanted to put more info here, cause I realized that I didn't before XD sorry again for multiple posts

I got my starter and got pokeballs from the man like your supposed to, caught a Verdva (adorable pokemon) and everything was fine, but then I tried to catch another pokemon and save and the game crashes, I don't know why it's doing this and I'm getting a little annoyed about it has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix I can do? Cause I want to keep playing but there isn't a point if I can't catch more pokemon
Hmm... so what I can tell you is that it's definitely not a bug with the game itself, but possibly a bug with RMXP games overall. I've been having that trouble with a few fangames like Spectrum and MewYou, and it honestly might just be the system--these games were made with a program from 2003, so my only advice is to save often or try the game on a different system? I'm truly sorry you've been having these issues, but glad to here you like the game!

Well since I'm a formal member of this forum and can actually provide feedback now, let me just say: I'm doing a shinylocke run to bide the time for the next release and yet I still think about this game and what might come nearly every day. It blew me away the first time I played it and it continues to wow me with everything contained even in just this little demo. The sprite work is on point, the backgrounds are gorgeous, the music is lively and full, not to mention the characters are just alive. Like @Djaco75 mentioned the difficulty scaling with the second gym went really high up, but I think I remember reading in the reddit that it was some kind of bug? So I imagine the difficulty scaling will be comfortable in the full release. Anyway I've got nothing else to say so here's my team while I soft reset for a shiny Pokeball crab:

Jason, Blue Beetle, Suzy, and Rin!

Ahhh!! Loving your shinies, and good on you for having the patience to hunt them down! I'm floored at that level of patience. I hope in our full release we'll blow you away even more, and best of luck getting your Shiny Barcush!

Mozart

Annoying Twit
After steeling myself with SOS chaining in SuMo and also watching a lot of TieTuesday streams, it was less painful than you'd expect! I never managed to find a shiny Polbee though so I'm going to have to go back for that one of these days (and not accidentally knock it out since my guys are absurdly leveled now).

Evan

After steeling myself with SOS chaining in SuMo and also watching a lot of TieTuesday streams, it was less painful than you'd expect! I never managed to find a shiny Polbee though so I'm going to have to go back for that one of these days (and not accidentally knock it out since my guys are absurdly leveled now).

Shiny Polbee was the first shiny I encountered in testing! Also I super enjoyed TieTuesday's PEG run. It was a lot of fun.

Hawky

Novice
I figured out what my problem was, to play the game and save it so I can keep my pokemon, I had to turn of my anti virus

Hawky

Novice
Glad to hear your problem was solved, @Hawky! Let me know how you like it, and good luck on the (admittedly far too difficult) gyms!

Well I have played this game a BIT before on my old computer and I liked it, but at the time my computer exploded and I couldn't remember the name of the game until a while ago, but I'm eager to get back into it :3 am I allowed to ask if the other starters will be available in game, or is that a surprise?

Cincy

⚜ Peace out ⚜
@Evan i guess you have been getting this question alot, but i followed the progress of the game on facebook, but the facebook page went ded and we did not get any news so i thought the game might been ded, but i can see there is still activity going on in here,
So is the game still in progress or is it completley dead as many others are saying?

the rumors anyway say that some developer of the game got fired or got a bill from Nintendo for copyright of tileset or some sht so they quited the progress
thats how the rumors are dunno if they are truth or nah

i ahve been a big fan of this game for a long time thank you :D
~Allan/Cincy

Evan

@Evan i guess you have been getting this question alot, but i followed the progress of the game on facebook, but the facebook page went ded and we did not get any news so i thought the game might been ded, but i can see there is still activity going on in here,
So is the game still in progress or is it completley dead as many others are saying?

the rumors anyway say that some developer of the game got fired or got a bill from Nintendo for copyright of tileset or some sht so they quited the progress
thats how the rumors are dunno if they are truth or nah

i ahve been a big fan of this game for a long time thank you :D
~Allan/Cincy

Oy. okay, here we go:

Facebook page is not dead. Twitter page is not dead. Reddit, Tumblr, not dead. We have gone quiet because we are working on the full game. Our pinned tweet and pinned facebook post say so. If we cancel the game we will let people know.

We we have heard nothing from Nintendo. Our tile sets are 100% custom and not taken from official games. I don't know where these rumors came from and to be honest they surprise me, since we've done everything in our power to let people know what's going on.

Game isnt dead.

Hawky

Novice
Oy. okay, here we go:

Facebook page is not dead. Twitter page is not dead. Reddit, Tumblr, not dead. We have gone quiet because we are working on the full game. Our pinned tweet and pinned facebook post say so. If we cancel the game we will let people know.

We we have heard nothing from Nintendo. Our tile sets are 100% custom and not taken from official games. I don't know where these rumors came from and to be honest they surprise me, since we've done everything in our power to let people know what's going on.

Game isnt dead.

ding dong the games not dead! *cheers*

Back