• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Ethereal Gates

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Perihelion Productions is proud to present our flagship project!

logo_by_siraquakip-d8pfh3v.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

INTRODUCTION
Immerse yourself in the beautiful Leneka Region and discover tons of new wild Pokémon around every corner. Build your favorite team of Pokémon and battle your way to the top by challenging experienced Gym Leaders throughout the region. Encounter mythical legendary Pokémon and keep those who seek to do harm from reaching their goals! You’ll face many challenges along the way, but if you work hard enough, you will succeed in your quest to be the greatest Pokémon trainer ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

peg_map_region_by_siraquakip-d8pfhvp.png

STORY
Legend tells of an ancient Pokémon with the ability to travel between the world of the living and the world of the dead. It is said that long ago, our ancestors used to summon this Pokémon with a relic, and on rare occasions, it would appear and bring one who had passed back to the land of the living. When the common people had heard of this great power, wars broke out over the want to bring the dead back. The monks who guarded the relic decided that the power was too much for any to hold, and broke the relic into four parts, and scattered them across the region. Legend also tells of four fearsome beasts who guard each part of the relic. These fabled sites have become known as “Ethereal Gates”.
You begin your Pokémon journey in a rather unexpected way--you’re dragged along by a friend with a bit too much passion for Pokémon research. But before long you become enthralled with Pokémon as well, and begin working for the Pokémon Professor, Hawthorne, on completing his Pokédex project. To test your strength, you encounter Gym Leaders throughout the region, and you also encounter the evil Team Mythos, whose nefarious plans just may put the entire world in jeopardy!

Meet your first partner!

pIZzxtb.gif
sLZQZCx.gif
hU5LmRG.gif

Fernling ♦ Kittorch ♦ Bubull

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARACTERS
In Pokémon Ethereal Gates, you have a choice to play as either a boy or a girl. Like in most Pokémon games, this character is the silent protagonist--sort of a blank slate that you can imprint yourself onto. We have taken great care in crafting our cast of memorable characters!

cooperandsophie_by_siraquakip-d8pfitw.png
rivals_by_siraquakip-d8pfj9o.png

SCREENSHOTS
screenshots_by_siraquakip-d8tcro7.png

TRAILER

MUSIC

CREDITS

The Perihelion Productions Team
Evan Starr
Mark Baldino
Aaron Schmitz
Sean Petersen
Josh Leung

Pokémon Essentials by
Flameguru
Poccil
Maruno

Other Script Thanks to
Klein Studio
Luka S.J.
Dragonnite
Spriters-Resource
Shiney570
KCG

Pokémon by
GAME FREAK
Nintendo
Creatures inc.

Additional Thanks to
Marc Azria
Scott Geldzahler
Sam Gelman
"Senor Shyza"
"Squirt05"
"DRaB"
Eric Chen
Alessio Zisa
Rob Wickline
Amanda Spivack

DOWNLOAD LINKS!!!!
FOR PC: http://goo.gl/6cXtQA
FOR MAC: http://goo.gl/ok8zUg
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC: https://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/comments/1yga3w/tutorial_to_play_on_mac/

Last edited:

Cincy

⚜ Peace out ⚜
@Evan thats a relive to hear that the game isen't dead and such, dunno i heard it from a guy which were kinda " upset " about the game was ded.
Dunno, it could be one of those person which love to start random rumors about anything, i do understand why people would start that rumor since when i went to teh facebook page last post was made like febuary and so.

I mean earlier in the process there were like pictures out every other day and so, people might have thought since there wasen't any post then the game / progress was ded.

@Hawky Yeah, i glad it isen't dead as i thought

Mozart

Annoying Twit
People can get super entitled about these kinds of things, like people have the nerve to act shocked that full development still isn't done after the demo's been out two years? Games take a lot of time! And now more than ever creators of fangames have to keep notes about their production quiet so people don't get all excited and talk about it everywhere.

But stuff like that isn't productive to talk about, let's talk about our favorite EG pokemon instead!

Hawky

Novice
People can get super entitled about these kinds of things, like people have the nerve to act shocked that full development still isn't done after the demo's been out two years? Games take a lot of time! And now more than ever creators of fangames have to keep notes about their production quiet so people don't get all excited and talk about it everywhere.

But stuff like that isn't productive to talk about, let's talk about our favorite EG pokemon instead!

I love shiny Kittorch, I named mine Mufasa, from Lion King :)

Shgeldz

:eyes:

Realtalk the entire dev team has full time jobs and are all out of school.

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Yeah but Scott what's your favorite PEG pokemon
I think he isn't committed to the PEG movement

(Mine's between Barilbil and Hunbear, still bummed I missed out on the mystery gift for it since I discovered PEG after all that)

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
In Black/White 2, you could catch a Magnemite in the Virbank Complex, who was a pretty good counter to Roxie and you could keep him for the rest of the game without him becoming useless eventually (looking at you, Santalune Farfetch'd). Magnut's really similar to this, because he has a lot of tools to help against Beckett. Once Golicoon is taken care of, he resists every other attack in the Gym, can stop Pollinate with Taunt or ignore it with Magnet Bomb's perfect accuracy, can paralyze, and has STAB against Moston. Just a good piece of game design I wanted to point out.

RileyXY1

Novice
I downloaded this game and it is just... wow. The game looks so pretty and the Pokemon look so cool. I would absolutely recommend this game to anyone. It is just that good. I hope that when the full game comes out that it is just as awesome and breathtaking as this demo.

Pokemon Serenade

Creator of pokemon Serenade
Love the game glad to see it still in progress I hope to see the game finished at some point in the future.

Greninjauzumaki

pika pika
This game is amazing!!!!!
Firstly I love the way the game progresses and also the characters in this game are well defined. The music is also in a whole new level. Especially the soundtrack for the haunted library and Avocet city. The first gymleader was a bit challenging which is somewhat good in my opinion however I do not recommend to increase the difficulty further. I am currently in the second gym city and I will take on the gym leader in the near future. I am looking forward to play the full game when it is completed and once again great game.

Last edited:

updawg734

Whats up, dawg?
I just finished playing through the demo, and I must say I am absolutely loving this game! I personally love games with fakemon, and I think the fakemon in this game (as well as pretty much all other aspects) are of very high quality. I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to more playing! I love all of the puzzles throughout too, they are very well done. Really, you and your team are making an awesome game!

Greninjauzumaki

pika pika
This game is amazing!!!!!
Firstly I love the way the game progresses and also the characters in this game are well defined. The music is also in a whole new level. Especially the soundtrack for the haunted library and Avocet city. The first gymleader was a bit challenging which is somewhat good in my opinion however I do not recommend to increase the difficulty further. I am currently in the second gym city and I will take on the gym leader in the near future. I am looking forward to play the full game when it is completed and once again great game.

And finally finished the Demo. Loved the way they finish it and tell us more about the upcoming demo. Keep it up guys.

Last edited:

Beck

Loser
Just gave it a download, and so far it's great! All-around super quality, it's obvious how much thought and effort have been put in, which makes all the difference.

Looking forward to completing it!

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
The Fakemon in this game are amazing! Can't wait to see the complete version of it

Spedoinky

Hack/Game Tester and Grammar Corrector
So the game seems amazing so far! So I'm just curious but is it still being worked on?

Back