• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1]

Resource Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] v1.2

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
I was wondering.. is there a way that you can make full blown boss fights with phases whenever the pokemon get down to like one HP?

Also another question i have is this Plug-in interacts with another one that i have installed in a weird way. It's called "Custom Field effects" and for some reason while this plug in is active that plug-in won't work properly and i was wondering why that was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eskiss

Novice
I was wondering.. is there a way that you can make full blown boss fights with phases whenever the pokemon get down to like one HP?
Yes, using the "battlerHPCap", I did a two phase boss where the Pokemon reach 1 HP

Also another question i have is this Plug-in interacts with another one that i have installed in a weird way. Its called "Custom Field effects" and for some reason while this plug in is active that plug-in won't work properly and i was wondering why that was.
It's probably that these plugins are not compatible.

TurtTheTurtle

Trainer
Yes, using the "battlerHPCap", I did a two phase boss where the Pokemon reach 1 HP

It's probably that these plugins are not compatible.
I wonder if theres a way to make them cuz it only partially doesnt work.. the field effects wont do damage calculations when using boosted moves.

Eskiss

Novice
I wonder if theres a way to make them cuz it only partially doesnt work.. the field effects wont do damage calculations when using boosted moves.
You can try to look at the files in the custom field plugin, see which ones are also used by the DBK one and make it sure they match each other.

Decinco

Rookie
Hello, does this plugin allow you to use a revival item to revive a pokemon mid battle?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, does this plugin allow you to use a revival item to revive a pokemon mid battle?
You could do that through hardcoding a midbattle script, but otherwise you can only have items be used that affect the currently active battler.

trainered

Novice
Is there a way to make this compatible with EBDX?

Lucidious89

Champion
Is there a way to make this compatible with EBDX?
I specifically made this plugin incompatible with EBDX. The existing port is a rush job and riddled with errors the last time I checked. I'm only going to support the version released by Luka himself, whenever it comes out.

Eskiss

Novice
I might be blind but is there a way to affect every battler on a side at once ? Like on a 3v3, all 3 pokemon of the player receive a buff on the first turn ?

It worked by doing three time "setBattler"-> index 0 then 2 then 4, but isn't there is a more effective way ?

+ I found a bug linked to Ditto using Transform : when I start a battle with a standard Ditto, if it try to use "Trasnform", this happen
1706219060848.png

Lucidious89

Champion
I might be blind but is there a way to affect every battler on a side at once ? Like on a 3v3, all 3 pokemon of the player receive a buff on the first turn ?

It worked by doing three time "setBattler"-> index 0 then 2 then 4, but isn't there is a more effective way ?

+ I found a bug linked to Ditto using Transform : when I start a battle with a standard Ditto, if it try to use "Trasnform", this happenView attachment 24326
Only one battler can be the focus at a time, so the way you described doing it is the correct way. If you want to actually code things efficiently, that's what the hardcoding method of doing things is for. The hash method is limited and inefficient, but its simpler for people who arent confident coding freehand.

As for the bug, I see what the issue is, ill fix it later.

hostman

Trainer
1706265098886.png

I have a question, I want to raise the evasion of the opponent's 2 Pokémon but for some reason it skips battler 1 and only raises it to 3, do you know what the error would be and how I could solve it?

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 24328

I have a question, I want to raise the evasion of the opponent's 2 Pokémon but for some reason it skips battler 1 and only raises it to 3, do you know what the error would be and how I could solve it?
Check out the "Commands: Extensions" page in the guide in the Midbattle Scripting section.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.2 Update

• Fixed a bug with the move Transform/Imposter that could cause errors.
  • Reworked some of the Damage Calc Refactor scripts.
  • Tweaked some animation utilities.
  • The "wildMegaEvolution" battle rule now sets a scripted battle scenario vs wild Mega Evolved Pokemon, instead of just flagging them as Mega-capable.
  • Introduced a new game stat tracker $stats.wild_mega_battles_won to track how many battles the player won vs wild Mega Evolved Pokemon.
  • Made some minor...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
For some reason, the new version is detected as a virus and this prevents it from being downloaded, something that has never happened with any other resource. is there anything extra in the file?

Lucidious89

Champion
For some reason, the new version is detected as a virus and this prevents it from being downloaded, something that has never happened with any other resource. is there anything extra in the file?
Doesn't happen for me, maybe your antivirus protection is overreacting.

Skeep

Rookie
Hey, i was wondering if theres a way for me to make custom texts after i lose or win a battle.
I was using the conditional branch with exceptions for this before, but with this plugin now i don't know how to do it since the script is very long and i can't fit it in the conditional branch script section.
Any ideas?

BlueZulfish

Casual Water-type Enjoyer & Cry Composer
not to be that guy but..
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1] [v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6] Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass Backtrace: [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:91:in `refreshSpecialActionButton' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:134:in `refresh' Battle_Scene_Menus:324:in `battler=' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:149:in `pbFightMenu' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:234:in `pbFightMenu' Battle_CommandPhase:230:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop' Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `loop' Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop' Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `loop' Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1] [v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6] Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `each_value' for nil:NilClass Backtrace: [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:80:in `dispose' MessageConfig:526:in `pbDisposeSprite' MessageConfig:517:in `block in pbDisposeSpriteHash' MessageConfig:516:in `each_key' MessageConfig:516:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash' Battle_Scene:330:in `pbDisposeSprites' Battle_Scene:369:in `pbEndBattle' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:733:in `pbEndBattle' Battle_StartAndEnd:500:in `pbEndOfBattle' Battle_StartAndEnd:346:in `pbBattleLoop'

two crash logs, and idk if this is a bug or I forgot smth again, so I'd like some assistance on this situation here, this is the latest version of the plugin fyi

Back