• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

CoderFreddy

Novice
It should work just fine, the region map plugin is compatible. But doesn't that plugin require the modular UI scenes too? Anyway make sure you have of all plugins the latest version installed
The Modular UI scenes and Pokedex Data page are all properly updated, but the Gen 8 Pack Scripts changes something in the pokedex. Maybe that's why it crashes

EDIT: I've checked every plugin and only Modular UI and Pokedex Data Page change something to the pokédex (I removed the Gen 8 Pack Scripts, recompiled, started a new save and it didn't work either)

Last edited:

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
The Modular UI scenes and Pokedex Data page are all properly updated, but the Gen 8 Pack Scripts changes something in the pokedex. Maybe that's why it crashes

EDIT: I've checked every plugin and only Modular UI and Pokedex Data Page change something to the pokédex (I removed the Gen 8 Pack Scripts, recompiled, started a new save and it didn't work either)
Okay let me try something and I'll let you know

Arcky

I think I know what the issue is, looking back at your error report, You're using essentials v21.1 but the error refers to 010_RegionMap_Pokedex.rb which is a file from an older version of this plugin. You might want to double check if you've installed my plugin correctly and then it might solve the problem because in my test project i do have the modular ui scenes and data page plugins installed and they work just fine.
Main Plugin folder:
1709313822208.png

inside the 000_Settings_and_Setup folder:
1709313850733.png

inside the 001_Scripts folder:
1709313904295.png

CoderFreddy

Novice
I think I know what the issue is, looking back at your error report, You're using essentials v21.1 but the error refers to 010_RegionMap_Pokedex.rb which is a file from an older version of this plugin. You might want to double check if you've installed my plugin correctly and then it might solve the problem because in my test project i do have the modular ui scenes and data page plugins installed and they work just fine.
Main Plugin folder:
View attachment 26529
inside the 000_Settings_and_Setup folder:
View attachment 26530
inside the 001_Scripts folder:
View attachment 26532
I deleted that file and now it works, thanks!

Eaglit

Novice
Just ignore it, or try to compile your game again. Sometimes essentials is a little slow on these things
This is still happening a few versions later
Maybe it's because i have a lot of plugins installed but I've tested a lot and can't find which one

Arcky

This is still happening a few versions later
Maybe it's because i have a lot of plugins installed but I've tested a lot and can't find which one
That's strange indeed, are you sure you're currently using v2.4.1? Plugins shouldn't effect this so that can't be it

Last edited:

Eaglit

Novice
That's strange indeed, are you sure you're currently using v2.4.1? Plugins shouldn't effect this so that can't be it
Yup I've re-installed a couple times since 2.4.1 came out and still nothing

Arcky

Yup I've re-installed a couple times since 2.4.1 came out and still nothing
Double check if you have those images in the correct folder and if there are no spelling mistakes made.

Eaglit

Novice
I also have the higlights
Well I'm not sure which images your game says you're missing, I thought this was about the highlight images?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-05 071315.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-05 071315.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 15

Arcky

I also have the higlights
You'll need to provide more detail. I can't help you with just a screenshot of those folders. When you open the map, in the consol it should give you a log message telling you which images are missing, check in either Routes or Others if you have that missing image, for the player icon do the same, check where it expects it to be. It'll tell you this in the console while running your game in essentials

Eaglit

Novice
You'll need to provide more detail. I can't help you with just a screenshot of those folders. When you open the map, in the consol it should give you a log message telling you which images are missing, check in either Routes or Others if you have that missing image, for the player icon do the same, check where it expects it to be. It'll tell you this in the console while running your game in essentials
First image are errors I get when I'm on the Roaming Map and second is on every other one

Attachments

• Screenshot (834).png
    Screenshot (834).png
    20.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (835).png
    Screenshot (835).png
    18.9 KB · Views: 13

Arcky

First image are errors I get when I'm on the Roaming Map and second is on every other one
It's very easy what you have to do. Go into your townmap.txt PBS file check what you set for each point and look into the highlight folder if that image is in there. When it's says that there's no highlight image defined means that you didn't provide this in the PBS.

Eaglit

Novice
There is a highlight image defined for all maps
It's very easy what you have to do. Go into your townmap.txt PBS file check what you set for each point and look into the highlight folder if that image is in there. When it's says that there's no highlight image defined means that you didn't provide this in the PBS.

Eyebull21

Novice
can someone tell me why i'm getting this error?

[2024-03-11 23:02:11 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 003_RegionMap_LocationPreview.rb:46:in `const_defined?'
[Arcky's Region Map] 003_RegionMap_LocationPreview.rb:46:in `getLocationInfo'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1004:in `block in pbMapScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:966:in `loop'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:966:in `pbMapScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1393:in `pbStartScreen'
300:UI_Pokegear:169:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
079:MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
300:UI_Pokegear:166:in `block in <main>'
[Lin's Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Main.rb:192:in `block in pbStartScreen'

Arcky

can someone tell me why i'm getting this error?

[2024-03-11 23:02:11 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 003_RegionMap_LocationPreview.rb:46:in `const_defined?'
[Arcky's Region Map] 003_RegionMap_LocationPreview.rb:46:in `getLocationInfo'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1004:in `block in pbMapScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:966:in `loop'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:966:in `pbMapScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1393:in `pbStartScreen'
300:UI_Pokegear:169:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'