• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

RayVee

Rookie
I get this error when I launch the game on normal mode , the reason why it occures is because when I click on a location for info and then direction keys to move the cursor around. This crash error pops up.
and not only that, in the image u can also see that I don't have access to fly and other modes, but they are visible on debug mode.
Btw I have pokegear themes plugin installed.
EDIT
Thats crazy the guy above me has the same issue as mine, but its shown in debug mode instead, I just noticed it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
I get this error when I launch the game on normal mode , the reason why it occures is because when I click on a location for info and then direction keys to move the cursor around. This crash error pops up.
and not only that, in the image u can also see that I don't have access to fly and other modes, but they are visible on debug mode.
EDIT
Thats crazy the guy above me has the same issue as mine, but its shown in debug mode instead, I just noticed it.
I think the issue might have to do because you have incomplete location preview data for all points of a same location. I'm not sure but this issue is really strange. Since it happens when viewing the location preview data. I can't think of anything else causing it. I'll check when I'm home and hopefully I can find a fix for it unless you already fixed it by then if it's the incompleted location data.

Also to have access to other modes, you require the field move fly for the fly map, an active quest for quest mode, a planted berry for berry mode and any active roaming Pokémon for roaming mode

RayVee

Rookie
EDIT
Oh boy... I just set BADGE_FOR_FLY to 0 badges so I can have access to that box thing in normal mode (Not debug mode), and it worked, the crazy thing is that the crash error Buttonpreview.rb no longer pops up, but if I didn't have access to fly it would defo crash. Weird bug, I think if I downloaded the Quest, Roaming or Berry addons would probably fix the issue, since these things require no badges like fly lol.
How do I complete Location preview data for all points btw, is quiet difficult if u just walked on every corner of the map, there are corners that can't be reached.
unless if there was a command or something... on top of that, why would there be a percentage on the top left corner.
EDIT
Yeah... I get it now. if there is no preview box on the screen, the crash occures, and the only way u can view that box is if u had access to fly, or At least one roaming pokemon, or At least one available quest, didn't test the berry addon.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Arcky

Oh boy... I just set BADGE_FOR_FLY to 0 badges so I can have access to that box thing in normal mode (Not debug mode), and it worked, the crazy thing is that the crash error Buttonpreview.rb no longer pops up, but if I didn't have access to fly it would defo crash. Weird bug, I think if I downloaded the Quest, Roaming or Berry addons would probably fix the issue, since these things require no badges like fly lol.
How do I complete Location preview data for all points btw, is quiet difficult if u just walked on every corner of the map, there are corners that can't be reached.
unless if there was a command or something... on top of that, why would there be a percentage on the top left corner.
EDIT
Yeah... I get it now. if there is no preview box on the screen, the crash occures, and the only way u can view that box is if u had access to fly, or At least one roaming pokemon, or At least one available quest, didn't test the berry addon.
Well I actually mean incomplete location data for a same location like for a city that has 2 points on the map, if you setup one for specifically 1 of these 2, the other one will not have one and I think that might cause the crash. You can complete location preview data in the settings and setup folder of this plugin. The reason why it might not crash when you have access to fly is due to how the button preview box works, while a location preview is active, the available actions are to close the preview and if available to change mode, since you didn't had access to fly and probably had no other active modes, it doesn't tell you can change modes. And as well if the same location has an empty location data, this might cause the crash (from my logic perspective). I can almost think that this is the only explanation for the available actions being 0, even when the preview is active it should be at least 1. I'll do some testing when I'm home and try to find a way to prevent it from crashing when a point's location preview data is empty (of a same location). I know this is a lot of information but the location preview stays active if the location is the same. So I really can't think of anything else. Double check your location preview data. You may try to remove it completely for that location. it won't crash the game, it'll just tell you that there's no data found.

RayVee

Rookie
Well I actually mean incomplete location data for a same location like for a city that has 2 points on the map, if you setup one for specifically 1 of these 2, the other one will not have one and I think that might cause the crash. You can complete location preview data in the settings and setup folder of this plugin. The reason why it might not crash when you have access to fly is due to how the button preview box works, while a location preview is active, the available actions are to close the preview and if available to change mode, since you didn't had access to fly and probably had no other active modes, it doesn't tell you can change modes. And as well if the same location has an empty location data, this might cause the crash (from my logic perspective). I can almost think that this is the only explanation for the available actions being 0, even when the preview is active it should be at least 1. I'll do some testing when I'm home and try to find a way to prevent it from crashing when a point's location preview data is empty (of a same location). I know this is a lot of information but the location preview stays active if the location is the same. So I really can't think of anything else. Double check your location preview data. You may try to remove it completely for that location. it won't crash the game, it'll just tell you that there's no data found.
Ruby:
  #========================= Location Preview Settings ======================#

# true = enabled: This Feature can be used.
        # false = disabled.
        USE_LOCATION_PREVIEW = false
switched from true to false, the crash no longer exists.

Arcky

Ruby:

# false = disabled.
Alright sure, you could solve it that way as well :)

Arcky

Ruby:

# false = disabled.
I've tested it earlier and it's not what I thought it was, I really don't understand what could cause the issue but I'll try to get a fix so you can use the location preview if you want to and have your game not crash anymore.

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and improvements

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a crash when the available actions would happen to be 0 (this should normally never be the case though)
  • Fixed a crash with the itemTracker that would crash the game when using the BW key item plugin.
  • Fixed the Item Counter so it counts items given by a script command as well and not only those given by a conditional command.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
I get this when trying to open the map;
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:780:in `mapModeSwitchInfo'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:143:in `main'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:131:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1565:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:231:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:228:in `block in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:54:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:222:in `block in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `loop'

Arcky

I get this when trying to open the map;
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:780:in `mapModeSwitchInfo'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:143:in `main'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:228:in `block in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:54:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:222:in `block in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `loop'
this issue is because you don't have a mapPosition defined for the game map you're opening the map from, check your map_metadata and make sure you have one defined for all maps

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
this issue is because you don't have a mapPosition defined for the game map you're opening the map from, check your map_metadata and make sure you have one defined for all maps
After fixing that I get this error now;
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
AnimatedBitmap:6:in `initialize'
DrawText:1140:in `new'
DrawText:1140:in `block in pbDrawImagePositions'
DrawText:1139:in `each'
DrawText:1139:in `pbDrawImagePositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:743:in `addPlayerIconSprite'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:146:in `main'

Arcky

After fixing that I get this error now;
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
AnimatedBitmap:6:in `initialize'
DrawText:1140:in `new'
DrawText:1140:in `block in pbDrawImagePositions'
DrawText:1139:in `each'
DrawText:1139:in `pbDrawImagePositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:743:in `addPlayerIconSprite'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:146:in `main'
You're missing the player icon graphic, make sur you installed this plugin correctly including the graphics that it comes with.

Arcky

How can I fix some highlights being off centered?
If you made them correctly they'll not be off centered, you'll have to show me an example first so I can help you with what you mean exactly. Concider joining my discord server, it'll be easier talking there and helping you out

Sonicover

Trainer
7GEDUbI.png

Hello, I'm having this issue with the MQS add-on, whenever I have a possible quest to show on the map all of the top right text goes waaay to the left. This only happens If I have an available quest with the Map segment. Otherwise everything works as normal

Arcky

7GEDUbI.png

Hello, I'm having this issue with the MQS add-on, whenever I have a possible quest to show on the map all of the top right text goes waaay to the left. This only happens If I have an available quest with the Map segment. Otherwise everything works as normal
You might be missing the graphics that come with this plugin, check again if you have all graphics installed

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.6.0: Extended Location Preview

Attention: This plugin now requires Arcky's Utilities to function correctly from now on. Once you've installed this, start a new save to avoid malfunction.

New Features:

Extended Location Preview allows you to view more detailed information about the location on the Region Map. This goes along with the Location Preview so make sure you've got that setup correctly first. Follow the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back