• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
Thanks, they’re the only two issues I’ve encountered so far. I managed to put a fix in myself for the wild battle but hadn’t really looked into the trainer issue.
Hmmm alright, I'll provide a setting to turn on/off this counter in case there would still be problems because I got a lot of reports that it crashes the game and collides with other plugins

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Thanks, they’re the only two issues I’ve encountered so far. I managed to put a fix in myself for the wild battle but hadn’t really looked into the trainer issue.
I have only encountered wild battle bug.

Arcky

I have only encountered wild battle bug.
It's strange everyone having different problems, some people I asked to test don't even have any problems at all. But either way I'm launching a new update later today which will include a setting to turn this progress counter off. In case you still encounter issues, you can disable it for now and let me know

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.4.1: Bug fixes and improvements

Bug Fixes:
  • fixed a warning message appearing while this shouldn't be the case.
  • fixed a typo in v20.1 in the Item Tracker script.
Improvements:
  • changed the name of the setting MINIMUM_VISITED_COUNT to MINIMUM_MAPS_COUNT
  • added compatibility with the itemfind plugin.
  • when a highlight image includes "route" in the name, it's expected to be in the "Routes" folder, any other image are expected to be in the "Others" folder (their name...

Read the rest of this update entry...

rafahbit

Novice
I have a problem making the quest icon appear on the map, I don't know if I understood something wrong, but I didn't make any changes to the scripts.

I did it like this:

Quest10 = {
:ID => "10",
:Name => "Catch",
:QuestGiver => "Aloy",
:Stage1 => "Capture any Pokémon",
:Location1 => "Crifia Town",
:Map1 => [0, 26, 6],
:QuestDescription => "Capture any Pokémon and return to Aloy to complete the quest and receive the reward",
:RewardString => "a special drink"
}
All you had to do was put :Map1 => [0, 26, 6] in the quest for it to work, right? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

I read and reread everything related and I don't think I understood, my English isn't very good and I'm almost blind lol

Arcky

I have a problem making the quest icon appear on the map, I don't know if I understood something wrong, but I didn't make any changes to the scripts.

I did it like this:

All you had to do was put :Map1 => [0, 26, 6] in the quest for it to work, right? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

I read and reread everything related and I don't think I understood, my English isn't very good and I'm almost blind lol
Ye what you did seems correct indeed. To see this quest, the quest must be active and on the region map, you'll need to be on the quest map. I hope this helps

rafahbit

Novice
Ye what you did seems correct indeed. To see this quest, the quest must be active and on the region map, you'll need to be on the quest map. I hope this helps
The quest didn't work, but I'm still going to use the plugin, as it doesn't cause any problems. In fact, I always wanted my map to be bigger and now I can do that easily. :)

Arcky

The quest didn't work, but I'm still going to use the plugin, as it doesn't cause any problems. In fact, I always wanted my map to be bigger and now I can do that easily. :)
huh really strange, are you sure you activated the quests? And are you sure you change the Map Mode to Quest Mode? Also I'm happy to hear that :)

rafahbit

Novice
I don't know what's happening, it seems that the plugin wasn't installed correctly, I tried about 3 times, in addition to the quests not appearing on the map, the player's location doesn't appear and I can't switch between modes.
But this isn't the only plugin I'm having this problem with, the dynamax plugin isn't working as it should either.

I think I'll start from scratch again and install one by one to make it work, but thank you for answering me before :)
huh really strange, are you sure you activated the quests? And are you sure you change the Map Mode to Quest Mode? Also I'm happy to hear that :)

Arcky

I don't know what's happening, it seems that the plugin wasn't installed correctly, I tried about 3 times, in addition to the quests not appearing on the map, the player's location doesn't appear and I can't switch between modes.
But this isn't the only plugin I'm having this problem with, the dynamax plugin isn't working as it should either.

I think I'll start from scratch again and install one by one to make it work, but thank you for answering me before :)
if the player icon is not showing, you should check if you mapmetadata pbs file is correctly set up and check if you have the graphics (that came with my plugin) in their correct location

rafahbit

Novice
if the player icon is not showing, you should check if you mapmetadata pbs file is correctly set up and check if you have the graphics (that came with my plugin) in their correct location
Everything was fine, the graphics were configured.
find out the problem, the pla-Effort Levels plugin was bugging other plugins I had, like gigantamax, and the map, I have no idea why, I just deleted it and everything went back to normal, thank you very much :)

Arcky

Everything was fine, the graphics were configured.
find out the problem, the pla-Effort Levels plugin was bugging other plugins I had, like gigantamax, and the map, I have no idea why, I just deleted it and everything went back to normal, thank you very much :)
Oh that's good to hear and no problem at all

CoderFreddy

Novice
Tried opening a pokémon's pokedex page and got this error

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 010_RegionMap_Pokedex.rb:13:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 010_RegionMap_Pokedex.rb:17:in `pbStartScene'

Arcky

Tried opening a pokémon's pokedex page and got this error

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 010_RegionMap_Pokedex.rb:13:in `pbStartScene'
What other plugins do you have installed that add/change something to the pokedex. This is most likely a clash between several plugins

NightSaber

Rookie
Whenever I open the map, this error is displayed and the game immediately crashes.
1709194239052.png

Arcky

Whenever I open the map, this error is displayed and the game immediately crashes.
View attachment 26507
Can you check if the game map you're opening the region map from has a MapPosition defined? This is required for each game map normally. Also check it your townmap.txt PBS file is properly set-up and not empty

NightSaber

Rookie
Can you check if the game map you're opening the region map from has a MapPosition defined? This is required for each game map normally. Also check it your townmap.txt PBS file is properly set-up and not empty
Ah, it seems I never properly input the data into the town_map.txt file. I thought it would do it automatically, but it's working now. Thanks so much!

Arcky

Only the Pokedex Data Page by Lucidious89
It should work just fine, the region map plugin is compatible. But doesn't that plugin require the modular UI scenes too? Anyway make sure you have of all plugins the latest version installed

Back