• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.6

xDracolich

Novice
Hi!

I'm trying to give Cosplay Pikachu in my game a custom Zero To Hero ability, so it would become Pikachu Libre when you switch it out.
I've gotten it to change when I switch it out and send it back in again, but despite having copied the code from Zero To Hero, the new ability, "Secret Identity", won't return Pikachu to its Cosplay Form.

Since you wrote the original code for Zero To Hero in this Gen 9 Resource Pack, I hoped you could help?

Ruby:
#===============================================================================
# Zero To Hero
#===============================================================================
Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchIn.add(:ZEROTOHERO,
  proc { |ability, battler, battle, switch_in|
    next if !battler.isSpecies?(:PALAFIN)
    next if battler.form == 0 || battler.ability_triggered?
    battle.pbShowAbilitySplash(battler)
    battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} underwent a heroic transformation!", battler.pbThis))
    battle.pbHideAbilitySplash(battler)
    battle.pbSetAbilityTrigger(battler)
  }
)

Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchOut.add(:ZEROTOHERO,
  proc { |ability, battler, endOfBattle|
    next if battler.form == 1 || endOfBattle
    PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{battler.pbThis}'s #{battler.abilityName}")
    battler.pbChangeForm(1, "")
  }
)

# Secret Identity
Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchIn.add(:SECRETIDENTITY,
    next if !battler.isSpecies?(:PIKACHU)
    next if battler.form == 2 || battler.ability_triggered?
    battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} underwent a heroic transformation!", battler.pbThis))
  }
)

Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchOut.add(:SECRETIDENTITY,
    next if battler.form == 3 || endOfBattle
    battler.pbChangeForm(3, "")
  }
)

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi!

I'm trying to give Cosplay Pikachu in my game a custom Zero To Hero ability, so it would become Pikachu Libre when you switch it out.
I've gotten it to change when I switch it out and send it back in again, but despite having copied the code from Zero To Hero, the new ability, "Secret Identity", won't return Pikachu to its Cosplay Form.

Since you wrote the original code for Zero To Hero in this Gen 9 Resource Pack, I hoped you could help?

Ruby:
# Zero To Hero
Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchIn.add(:ZEROTOHERO,
    next if battler.form == 0 || battler.ability_triggered?
  }
)

Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchOut.add(:ZEROTOHERO,
    next if battler.form == 1 || endOfBattle
    battler.pbChangeForm(1, "")
  }
)

# Secret Identity
Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchIn.add(:SECRETIDENTITY,
    next if battler.form == 2 || battler.ability_triggered?
  }
)

Battle::AbilityEffects::OnSwitchOut.add(:SECRETIDENTITY,
    next if battler.form == 3 || endOfBattle
    battler.pbChangeForm(3, "")
  }
)
It has nothing to do with the ability handler, you just need to add a form handler for Pikachu to reset its form after leaving battle. Palafin's form handler can be found in [000] General/[000] Pokemon if you wanna copy it.

Note that this might mess with Pikachu's existing Alolan form handler, though.

xDracolich

Novice
It has nothing to do with the ability handler, you just need to add a form handler for Pikachu to reset its form after leaving battle. Palafin's form handler can be found in [000] General/[000] Pokemon if you wanna copy it.

Note that this might mess with Pikachu's existing Alolan form handler, though.
Thank you, that worked!

I don't think it's gonna mess with Pikachu's Alolan form handler, I've specifically made Alolan Pichu and Alolan Pikachu forms previously

REALMUGEN

Trainer
This plugin has been working great, but one major problem I've been having is this error message that occurs whenever I register a newly-caught Pokémon in the Pokédex.
View attachment 24058

Apparently I have the same exact error with the latest version (I just downloaded it), only it happens with the "width" value.

It happens when I'm in the Pokedex, I see a Pokemon's entry and go down or up to the next one....

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
Apparently I have the same exact error with the latest version (I just downloaded it), only it happens with the "width" value.

It happens when I'm in the Pokedex, I see a Pokemon's entry and go down or up to the next one....
have you tried to force compile by deleting ScriptData.rdx? (or a similar name)
or downloaded by history rather than by "go to download"
because i have the latest version and everything is running smoothy

doughDoe

Rookie
hi im wondering if the annihilape evolution works or if that hasnt been implemented yet?

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
hi im wondering if the annihilape evolution works or if that hasnt been implemented yet?
Should work since was updated to have almost everything up to Indigo Disk, you will only need to edit old entrys in the PBS, like Duraludon to evolve into Archaludon using Metal Alloy

doughDoe

Rookie
Should work since was updated to have almost everything up to Indigo Disk, you will only need to edit old entrys in the PBS, like Duraludon to evolve into Archaludon using Metal Alloy
is the duraludon evolution an Item evolution or is it a different method, and thank you

Lucidious89

Champion
is the duraludon evolution an Item evolution or is it a different method, and thank you
You dont have to add anything to old data, the plugin already adds this if you follow the installation guide.

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
You dont have to add anything to old data, the plugin already adds this if you follow the installation guide.
I can't just add, because I've made changes to the PBS for balance purposes. So in my case I have to put from a certain point and change each one manually. Or I'm blind and haven't seen any mentions of previous Gen pokemon in the files

Lucidious89

Champion
I can't just add, because I've made changes to the PBS for balance purposes. So in my case I have to put from a certain point and change each one manually. Or I'm blind and haven't seen any mentions of previous Gen pokemon in the files
The PBS instructions specifically address what to do in this situation. Theres an entire tool that will do this for you automatically.

Lucidious89

Champion
so this is a perfeckt replacement for the gen 8 plugin just with the new stuff?
The Gen 8 Pack is just sprites. So its more like this pack is the entirety of the content of Scarlet & Violet....plus some sprites.

But basically, yes lol

Eaglit

Novice
are there overworld sprites for teal mask and indigo disk mons yet?

Asforcia

Novice
Is there a version of the plugin where the backsprites aren't... so huge? Basically where they are 192x192 and not 288x288

Back