• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.8

Coumbiagou

Novice
I have a issue using the resource, when i start compiling game gives me this error

1701816633668.png

how i solve this?
Edit: I already Solve this, now i have problems with the custom weather AND it's effects with the frostbite

Last edited:

Zizzle

Novice
Just installed the dlc stuff and I'm getting this error.
Note: I have two files after installing this: pokemon_metrics and pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack, I can't just delete pokemon_metrics because the new TXT only has the gen 9 pack pokemon, but going through and deleting the double ups from pokemon_metrics seems like such a hassle since the gen 9 + legends arceus metrics in there are in ALPHABETICAL rather than DEX order.
Error!:
Expand Collapse Copy
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon_metrics_Gen_9_Pack.txt, section WYRDEER, key BackSpriteScale

Backtrace:
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:57:in `block (3 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
395:Compiler:143:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
395:Compiler:108:in `block in pbEachFileSectionEx'
395:Compiler:100:in `each_line'
395:Compiler:100:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
395:Compiler:142:in `pbEachFileSection'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:22:in `block (2 levels) in compile_PBS_file_generic'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:16:in `open'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:16:in `block in compile_PBS_file_generic'
396:Compiler_CompilePBS:11:in `each'

Edit: Do I just copy the data from gen 9 metrics into the regular pokemon metrics and remove all the previous gen 9 + PLA metrics or what? this seems very counter intuitive but that's just me, not trying to seem rude, very tired.

Edit: also: is this right because like... the optional metadata doesnt have front sprite scale and back sprite scale like all the other mons do?

Edit: unless its from a previous version, in which case woopsy me, again, sorry for all this, veeery tired.

Edit: NEVER MIND! SORTED IT OUT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
8 (or nine counting forms) Pokemon (1 W/ two forms. 1 unreleased)
And a bunch of moves, items, abilities, sprites, updates to movelists for all returning species, etc, etc...

Tacalmo

Rookie
I just updated my game to v21.1, and this is the only plugin I'm using besides the hotfixes. For some reason, all the pokemon in both party summary screens and battles are really small and not properly aligned. I haven't changed any scripts or anything, is this a problem with the plugin? Thanks

Edit 1: I fixed the scaling issue no problem with the optional gen 8 pack, but now all the gen 9 pokemon hover over their shadows, is this a known issue with the plugin that will be fixed eventually or is it a problem on my end? Thanks!

Edit 2: Nevermind, I fixed all my problems lol. My only question now is that I see the pokemon from Walking Wake onward have data in the game, but no sprites, is this going to be changed in a (hopefully soon) upcoming patch?

Attachments

• Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    12.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    14.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

Lucidious89

Champion

Zizzle

Novice
And a bunch of moves, items, abilities, sprites, updates to movelists for all returning species, etc, etc...
15 new moves (1 is unreleased)
3 New Abilities for Terapagos (Although 1 is unusable without tera.)
1 New Ability for Pecharunt

Items I don't have a count for.

Not disagreeing with you, just saying the numbers ^^

Last edited:

Nut0066

Nut
Updated my move animations folder with the following moves from the DLC:

Electro Shot, Temper Flare, Psychic Noise and Upper Hand.

Download is in the same place as always.

RatGoon

Rookie
I've encountered a problem with mold breaker and it only occurs when I have the plugins installed

Pokemon_Essentials_v21.1_26_12_2023_8_13_16_PM.png

I know it says something about mold breaker being incompatible with some scripts, but I don't believe I've touched or installed anything else related to battling and the disclaimer doesn't provide and specifics, and I haven't been able to find any solutions to this issue.
Weirdly the backtrace has changed since I removed and readded all my plugins.
First Error:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
Validation:18:in `block (2 levels) in validate'
Validation:18:in `any?'
Validation:18:in `block in validate'
Validation:16:in `each'
Validation:16:in `map'
Validation:16:in `validate'
GameData:111:in `try_get'
Battle_Battler:73:in `ability'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] Battle_Battler.rb:269:in `abilityActive?'
Battle_Battler:353:in `hasActiveAbility?'

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: I just did some testing, it didn't occur when my Pokemon had mold breaker or when the opposing side used something other than scale shot, I tested it with dragon claw and fury swipes. I'm starting to think it might have something to do with how the function code of scale shot checks for abilities or I could just be completely wrong.

Edit 2: Tested it by removing the RaiseUserSpd1LowerUserDef1 of the function code and it didn't crash when scale shot was used, I added it back and it crashed again. I've tested recreating the stat changes and it either doesn't change the stats or the trainer refuses to use the move even on a super-effective hit and when it does the stats still don't change.

Final Edit: I finally fixed the issue with Scale Shot. I looked in the Move Functions script and found that the function code for Scale Shot was the same as the normal HitTwoToFiveTimes, which is most likely the problem. I removed the alias and added the stat changes to the function code (didn't know this was how function codes work) and ended up with this:

class Battle::Move::HitTwoToFiveTimesRaiseUserSpd1LowerUserDef1 < Battle::Move
def initialize(battle, move)
super
@statUp = [:SPEED, 1]
@statDown = [:DEFENSE, 1]
end
def pbNumHits(user, targets)
return 4 + rand(2) if user.hasActiveItem?(:LOADEDDICE)
return paldea_pbNumHits(user, targets)
end
end

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I've encountered a problem with mold breaker and it only occurs when I have the plugins installed

Pokemon_Essentials_v21.1_26_12_2023_8_13_16_PM.png

I know it says something about mold breaker being incompatible with some scripts, but I don't believe I've touched or installed anything else related to battling and the disclaimer doesn't provide and specifics, and I haven't been able to find any solutions to this issue.
Weirdly the backtrace has changed since I removed and readded all my plugins.
First Error:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
Validation:18:in `block (2 levels) in validate'
Validation:18:in `any?'
Validation:18:in `block in validate'
Validation:16:in `each'
Validation:16:in `map'
Validation:16:in `validate'
GameData:111:in `try_get'
Battle_Battler:73:in `ability'
[Generation 9 Pack] [002] Battle_Battler.rb:269:in `abilityActive?'
Battle_Battler:353:in `hasActiveAbility?'

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: I just did some testing, it didn't occur when my Pokemon had mold breaker or when the opposing side used something other than scale shot, I tested it with dragon claw and fury swipes. I'm starting to think it might have something to do with how the function code of scale shot checks for abilities or I could just be completely wrong.

Edit 2: Tested it by removing the RaiseUserSpd1LowerUserDef1 of the function code and it didn't crash when scale shot was used, I added it back and it crashed again. I've tested recreating the stat changes and it either doesn't change the stats or the trainer refuses to use the move even on a super-effective hit and when it does the stats still don't change.

Final Edit: I finally fixed the issue with Scale Shot. I looked in the Move Functions script and found that the function code for Scale Shot was the same as the normal HitTwoToFiveTimes, which is most likely the problem. I removed the alias and added the stat changes to the function code (didn't know this was how function codes work) and ended up with this:

class Battle::Move::HitTwoToFiveTimesRaiseUserSpd1LowerUserDef1 < Battle::Move
def initialize(battle, move)
super
@statUp = [:SPEED, 1]
@statDown = [:DEFENSE, 1]
end
def pbNumHits(user, targets)
return 4 + rand(2) if user.hasActiveItem?(:LOADEDDICE)
return paldea_pbNumHits(user, targets)
end
end
The solution is simply to remove the function code for Scale Shot entirely. It's not needed and was probably included as an oversight. The function code HitTwoToFiveTimes already covers everything Scale Shot relies on, since it's the parent class that Scale Shot uses.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
I can see that the latest version of this plugin works for 21.1. But I'm wondering if there's some previous version that works on 20.1? Given that the first post mentions it works on 20.1.

If not, do you think there's some way to make this work on 20.1 or do you think it would be too much work? I have some programming experience, but would like to hear from you before jumping into that!

Thanks!

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
I can see that the latest version of this plugin works for 21.1. But I'm wondering if there's some previous version that works on 20.1? Given that the first post mentions it works on 20.1.

If not, do you think there's some way to make this work on 20.1 or do you think it would be too much work? I have some programming experience, but would like to hear from you before jumping into that!

Thanks!
View "Updates" to find the history version works on 20.1, download it in "History".

Lucidious89

Champion
Yes, just keep in mind that the 20.1 version has none of the current features or content (such as the DLC content), and is no longer supported at all, so any bugs wont be fixed nor will any help be provided.

Back