• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents)

Resource Generation 9 Resource Pack [v21.1] (Updated with Indigo Disk contents) 3.2.8

Mike0siris

Rookie
I hope there are still plans to finish this project. I've been checking back almost every day hoping that it's updated. I really appreciate the work that's been put into it already. Hope y'all can keep it up!

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
I hope there are still plans to finish this project. I've been checking back almost every day hoping that it's updated. I really appreciate the work that's been put into it already. Hope y'all can keep it up!
Same, I hope it's updated again soon.

Dundiddlydoo

Rookie
Help please! I tried to playtest and this happened?

-> Compiling PBS file town_map.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file map_connections.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file phone.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file types.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file abilities.txt...done
-> Compiling PBS file moves.txt.....................done
-> Compiling PBS file items.txt.............................done
-> Compiling PBS file berry_plants.txt.....done
-> Compiling PBS file pokemon.txt.....Exception `RuntimeError' at 380:Compiler:345 - Undefined value LevelUseMoveCount in GameData::Evolution
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section , key Evolutions
ANNIHILAPE,LevelUseMoveCount,RAGEFIST

Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/encounters.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/map_metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/player_metadata.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/regional_dexes.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/ribbons.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/shadow_pokemon.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/species_metrics.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_lists.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainer_types.dat
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 380:Compiler:904 - No such file or directory @ apply2files - Data/trainers.dat

What does this mean? Did I mess up somewhere?
It looks like the evolution method for Primape into Annihilape is causing it. Make sure you have the scripts installed in your plugins folder, in particular, the New_Evolution_Method file. If that doesn't work, you could try changing Primape's evolution method to something more traditional as a last resort.
I'm getting this exact same error despite doing exactly what the instructions say. Plugins folder is as it should be too. It almost seems like it's not reading what's in the Plugins folder but I have no idea why.

llk

Novice
I found a problem while using it, what flag should I add to the wind move to activate Wind Power.

Cross Agento

Novice
I'm trying to use Supreme Overlord, but the game keeps sending me this bug. I've tried redownloading it, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-04 132823.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 132823.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 107

Paulypus

Programming without really knowing what I'm doing
I'm getting this exact same error despite doing exactly what the instructions say. Plugins folder is as it should be too. It almost seems like it's not reading what's in the Plugins folder but I have no idea why.
Yeah same, reading the debug thing reveals that for some reason it's not loading the plugin, not sure how to solve that and whether it's something with my game or the plugin

Solved this like a minute after posting this, the meta file in the plugin needed to specify a minimum version for 20.1 hotfixes, should look like this:

Functional meta file:
Expand Collapse Copy
Name = Generation 9 Pack
Version = 1.0
Website = https://www.eeveeexpo.com/threads/5817/
Credits = Caruban
Essentials = 20.1
Requires = v20.1 Hotfixes, 1.0.7

All that needed to be added was the ', 1.0.7' after the v20.1 Hotfixes

Last edited:

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Hello! I'm getting this error!
I installed the following resources (on a fresh new copy of essentials) in this order:
Essentials Deluxe - Gen 8 Pack - Gen 9 Pack (added the contents from the "Generation 5 style" to the root of my project folder).View attachment 15039
Try to recompile the game by holding CTRL while game starts or delete the PluginScripts.rxdata
I found a problem while using it, what flag should I add to the wind move to activate Wind Power.
I use 'Wind' as a wind move flag
I'm trying to use Supreme Overlord, but the game keeps sending me this bug. I've tried redownloading it, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
its suppose to be a 'user' not 'battler', I will fix it in the next update

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban updated Generation 9 Resource Pack (WIP, SPOILERS) with a new update entry:

Update v1.0 - No more script update (I think..)

Change logs:
# Fixed : Chloroblast and Stone Axe power base, accuracy, and removing high critical hit rate from Stone Axe (Move PBS)
# Fixed : Walk Evolution error (Evolution Method)
# Fixed : Supreme Overlord typo from battler to user (Ability Effect)
# Edited : Hisuian poké ball's icon filename typo
# Edited : Shorten some item descriptions (Item PBS)
# Added : Wind tag to Bleakwind Storm, Fairy Wind, Sandsear Storm, Springtide Storm, and Wildbolt Storm (Move PBS)
# Added : Category for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

-FL-

Pokémon Island Creator
Thank you for continuing the project and, especially, for centered the sprites.

I suggest you, when you disappears for a long time (was almost two months) while the project was incomplete, post here that the project wasn't abandoned. I stalked you and correctly guessed that you are focused in the Jam, but some people in this thread don't, and were unsure if the project was abandoned.

In current version I found two issues:
  1. On Vanilla style, some Tauros, Squawkabilly and Tatsugiri forms have wrong proportions (384/768 size)
  2. The Dachsbun shiny sprites, in both versions (Vanilla and Gen 8), are mispositioned and have some bugged pixels

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Thank you for continuing the project and, especially, for centered the sprites.

I suggest you, when you disappears for a long time (was almost two months) while the project was incomplete, post here that the project wasn't abandoned. I stalked you and correctly guessed that you are focused in the Jam, but some people in this thread don't, and were unsure if the project was abandoned.

In current version I found two issues:
  1. On Vanilla style, some Tauros, Squawkabilly and Tatsugiri forms have wrong proportions (384/768 size)
  2. The Dachsbun shiny sprites, in both versions (Vanilla and Gen 8), are mispositioned and have some bugged pixels
Yeah, I've been busy with some work and the jam lately.
Hello, I'm getting an error whenever I level up my Bisharp? The error message appears when I finish the battle. I suspect it's the script for Kingambit that's causing the issue.
Itinerant_Definitive_Edition_3_14_2023_1_22_40_PM.png
View attachment 16589

I just reuploaded the resources to fixed the kingambit evolution error, Tauros, Squawkabilly and Tatsugiri forms sprite size, also Dachsbun and Wiglett mispositioned and bugged pixels.

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
I just reuploaded the resources to fixed the kingambit evolution error
Sorry, but the latest version available on this site is still 1.0 and the files included in that rar are identical? I don't see how this is supposed to fix my issue.

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Sorry, but the latest version available on this site is still 1.0 and the files included in that rar are identical? I don't see how this is supposed to fix my issue.
Ah sorry, I uploaded the wrong plugin file.
Reupload the right one now.
Kingambit's evolution method:
Expand Collapse Copy
GameData::Evolution.register({
  :id            => :LevelDefeatItsKindWithItem,
  :parameter     => :Item,
  :minimum_level => 1,   # Needs any level up
  :level_up_proc => proc { |pkmn, parameter|
    next pkmn.defeated_species(pkmn.species) >= 3
  },
})
changed from
next pkmn.defeated_species && pkmn.defeated_species(pkmn.species) >= 3
to
next pkmn.defeated_species(pkmn.species) >= 3

Also edited Axe Kick function code to remove the recoil damage and change the function code name

LcorpOfficial

Rookie
Looked into an issue with the Ruinous Quartet for this pack, and with some help found that the check for the move type should have a prefix of move. before specialMove?, etc. Thought I should report it here so it can be looked into on if this is the best fix, and if it should be added to the main pack's scripts.

Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
Exception: NoMethodError Message: undefined method `specialMove?' for #<Battle::AI>

Game Dev Cafe help ticket

Back