• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Badgecase 2022-11-12

roei110

Trainer
The fonts of your badge case are different from the base game and other plugins. (The latter picture is also a plugin)
I don't know how you achieved it as other plugins simply follow the same font as the base game.
Oh, try adding pbSetSystemFont(@sprites["overlay"].bitmap) above drawPage in pbStartScene and pbStartSceneOne
You can find those on Plugins/Badge Case/Badgecase_UI.rb

xDracolich

Novice
My trainer has this Badge Case whenever I start up a new game. Is there a way to activate it (that I might have missed) in a way you don't get the badge case until later through an event?

roei110

Trainer
My trainer has this Badge Case whenever I start up a new game. Is there a way to activate it (that I might have missed) in a way you don't get the badge case until later through an event?
You can! On the pause menu condition.
You can add a switch check condition, in your example.
You can check if the player has at least one badge.

Personally, I use (my) other plugin, NTC_LPC and there you should register to the Pokemon league before getting a badgecase.

xDracolich

Novice
You can! On the pause menu condition.
You can add a switch check condition, in your example.
You can check if the player has at least one badge.

Personally, I use (my) other plugin, NTC_LPC and there you should register to the Pokemon league before getting a badgecase.
Yeah I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to do that.
I initially had a Pokémon League as well, where the player needed to register, but I want them to hand out the badge case, too, and not have it be a permanent thing always.

mindbender12

Novice
I don't know about v19.1, so I can't help you :(

Yes! Instead of using addAllBadge, you could add every badge you want manually, and whenever you want. You have a function:
addBadge(badge)
badge should be replaced with Badges::BADGES[index]
index should be replaced with the index number of the wanted badge on the badges file (0 is the first).

You can add 8 now, and then add 8 later.
Where specifically do I add this line of code? It doesn't seem to work in an event. I've tried doing both addBadge(EARTHBADGE) and addBadge(Gamedata::EARTHBADGE) and addBadge(8) and none of these seem to work.

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
1705395220292.png

This works for me. Looking at your tries, you were missing ":" before the badge's name.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, no, they do not check how many badges the player has so as not to limit creators. You'll have to use badgecount (I don't remember the exact command) to check how many badges the player has before allowing them to fight the gym leader or before giving them the badge if you want to limit to 8 badges while allowing the player to choose which 8 badges they want. Another way would be for you to only define or give 8 badges. I think that addBadge does check if the player already has the badge.

mindbender12

Novice
Well, no, they do not check how many badges the player has so as not to limit creators. You'll have to use badgecount (I don't remember the exact command) to check how many badges the player has before allowing them to fight the gym leader or before giving them the badge if you want to limit to 8 badges while allowing the player to choose which 8 badges they want. Another way would be for you to only define or give 8 badges. I think that addBadge does check if the player already has the badge.
I just want to show the first 8 of the badges in the badge case. I currently have 16 badges, but I want the second eight to be hidden until later in the game. Once the player gets the case they can see all 16, even without giving a single badge.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, I think you will have to modify the code for that because as it is now, it shows all the badges the player can get from the start.

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
I probably missed something, but is there a way to fix it saying that I got the badge on january 1st, 2000?
1707710888862.png

xDracolich

Novice
My game keeps saying I got all badges on January 1st, 2000. Is there a way to fix this?

TriddyP

Rookie
I'm getting the following error. Super excited about this plugin though!

Exception:NameError
uninitialized constant BadgeCase_Scene

MenuHandlers.add(:pause_menu, :badges, {
"name" => _INTL("Badges"),
"order" => 50,
"effect" => proc { |menu|
pbPlayDecisionSE
pbFadeOutIn {
scene = BadgeCase_Scene.new
screen = BadgeCaseScreen.new(scene)
screen.pbStartScreen
menu.pbRefresh
}
next false
}
})

Barral

Rookie
sometimes when i save the game occur an error in this line(232) and i dont know why it only happens after i save the game
they do dont recognize the .y

@sprites["overlay"].y -= 1 if @counter % (Graphics.frame_rate / 8) == 0

roei110

Trainer
I just want to show the first 8 of the badges in the badge case. I currently have 16 badges, but I want the second eight to be hidden until later in the game. Once the player gets the case they can see all 16, even without giving a single badge.
You can do so by removeBadge(badge) function, removing the badge from the obtainable into the unused one. addBadge(badge) to make it obtainable.
I probably missed something, but is there a way to fix it saying that I got the badge on january 1st, 2000?View attachment 26027
Yes! I'm using Unreal Time System and forgot to adjust my code so it works without it.
It should take me a few minutes, I'll fix it and update.
I'm getting the following error. Super excited about this plugin though!
I think that the game compiles the menu plugin before the Badgecase one (it works Z to A) so it doesn't know what is it. Tell me if it fixed when you change the order (by changing the names of the folder on Plugins/
sometimes when i save the game occur an error in this line(232) and i dont know why it only happens after i save the game
they do dont recognize the .y

@sprites["overlay"].y -= 1 if @counter % (Graphics.frame_rate / 8) == 0
Can you send a screenshot of the error?

Back