• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Resource ZUD Plugin [v20.1] v1.2.5

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Ok well, based on the error, the issue seems to be a move-related issue. It's basically saying that it can't find any compatible Max Move with one of (or all) the moves in the Pokemon's moveset. I don't really know how that could be though, considering there's at least one Max Move for every type, so there shouldn't be an issue where no Max Move can be found. Do you have the same issue with Z-Moves, too? Did you add any custom types or moves?
Not really to be honest. Mega, Tera, but I did just do some more testing and it seems that I can not add a Zcrystals to a pokemon. Like the fire one not being able to be given to my Charmander with a fire move. I hope this helps.

Lucidious89

Champion
Not really to be honest. Mega, Tera, but I did just do some more testing and it seems that I can not add a Zcrystals to a pokemon. Like the fire one not being able to be given to my Charmander with a fire move. I hope this helps.
Sounds like you're just missing all the relevant data in power_moves.txt for some reason, then. Do me a favor. Put the following code in an event, and then tell me what number pops up on screen when you click on it in-game:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
p GameData::PowerMove.get_count
If you get a number less than 72, you broke the plugin somehow when installing it.

Jangajinx

Sounds like you're just missing all the relevant data in power_moves.txt for some reason, then. Do me a favor. Put the following code in an event, and then tell me what number pops up on screen when you click on it in-game:
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
p GameData::PowerMove.get_count
If you get a number less than 72, you broke the plugin somehow when installing it.
Well shit! It somehow went all the way to zero after days of it working. Not sure what caused this to be honest. Let me know if you need my plugins and scripts. Thank you very much for helping me!

Lucidious89

Champion
Well shit! It somehow went all the way to zero after days of it working. Not sure what caused this to be honest. Let me know if you need my plugins and scripts. Thank you very much for helping me!
Do you have a power_moves.txt file in PBS/Plugins/ZUD? If so, is does the file contain the same data that it does in a fresh download of ZUD? If it doesn't, try replacing the file with the one from the download, and recompile your game.

Jangajinx

Do you have a power_moves.txt file in PBS/Plugins/ZUD? If so, is does the file contain the same data that it does in a fresh download of ZUD? If it doesn't, try replacing the file with the one from the download, and recompile your game.
So as you instructed, it seems to only be at zero when running the game in the player client or without compiling after doing it prior. Even started a new game after compiling and still is zero when running through the normal client after compiling.

Lucidious89

Champion
So as you instructed, it seems to only be at zero when running the game in the player client or without compiling after doing it prior. Even started a new game after compiling and still is zero when running through the normal client after compiling.
That makes no sense whatsoever. If youre compiling the game, then the PBS info would be saved and converted into a data file that can be used by the game. It would be irrelevant if youre playing in Debug mode or not.

Are you sure you are actually doing a full compile of the game prior to testing it in the game client?

Jangajinx

That makes no sense whatsoever. If youre compiling the game, then the PBS info would be saved and converted into a data file that can be used by the game. It would be irrelevant if youre playing in Debug mode or not.

Are you sure you are actually doing a full compile of the game prior to testing it in the game client?
I agree, I am lost on why its acting like this after a full compiling, holding control on boot up, it works, afterwards running it without holding control in goes back to zero.

Lucidious89

Champion
I agree, I am lost on why its acting like this after a full compiling, holding control on boot up, it works, afterwards running it without holding control in goes back to zero.
Well, thats certainly not what happens for me. You can try it out on a vanilla copy of Essentials to confirm its not something youre doing in terms of installation. If not, then the only explanation is...honestly, I dont know. It legitimately doesnt make sense that the data both exists and doesnt exist at the same time depending on whether debug mode is on or not.

Jangajinx

Well, thats certainly not what happens for me. You can try it out on a vanilla copy of Essentials to confirm its not something youre doing in terms of installation. If not, then the only explanation is...honestly, I dont know. It legitimately doesnt make sense that the data both exists and doesnt exist at the same time depending on whether debug mode is on or not.
Already tested. Works perfectly fine on a fresh copy. Would you like me to send you a list of what I had installed prior. Figure this can be useful as I am more experience in lua.

Lucidious89

Champion
Already tested. Works perfectly fine on a fresh copy. Would you like me to send you a list of what I had installed prior. Figure this can be useful as I am more experience in lua.
Well if it works on a fresh copy, we can isolate that the cause is indeed on your end, so that means I can post my update at least.

And sure, you can post what other plugins you have installed. Though I can't think of anything that would cause this sort of issue to occur, tbh.

Jangajinx

Well if it works on a fresh copy, we can isolate that the cause is indeed on your end, so that means I can post my update at least.

And sure, you can post what other plugins you have installed. Though I can't think of anything that would cause this sort of issue to occur, tbh.
Looking forward to the update. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me. I'll DM you the documents. Hopefully it can help one way or another.

Jangajinx

I hate to bother you again, but It seems that mega evolving a pokemon causes the same problem as the tera issue I reported earlier. Not sure if it has the same fix or reasoning behind this issue. Here is what I am currently using at the time of this posting.

-> Loaded plugin: v20.1 Hotfixes (ver. 1.0.7)
-> Loaded plugin: Generation 9 Pack (ver. 1.1)
-> Loaded plugin: Generation 8 Pack Scripts (ver. 1.0.4)
-> Loaded plugin: NPB's Battle UI and Even MORE More (ver. 6.0)
-> Loaded plugin: Bag Screen w/int. Party (ver. 2.2.0)
-> Loaded plugin: Essentials Deluxe (ver. 1.2.5)
-> Loaded plugin: ZUD Mechanics (ver. 1.2.1)
-> Loaded plugin: Terastal Phenomenon (ver. 1.0.3)
-> Loaded plugin: Improved Mementos (ver. 1.0)
-> Loaded plugin: Improved Field Skills (ver. 1.0.4)
-> Loaded plugin: Enhanced UI (ver. 1.1.2)

Lucidious89

Champion
I hate to bother you again, but It seems that mega evolving a pokemon causes the same problem as the tera issue I reported earlier. Not sure if it has the same fix or reasoning behind this issue. Here is what I am currently using at the time of this posting.
I know. The issue isnt Tera, its the calc_stats method, which is called with every battle mechanic.

Jangajinx

I know. The issue isnt Tera, its the calc_stats method, which is called with every battle mechanic.
Oh, okay! Was not sure. I'll wait for the update. I am sure it will be resolved after that. Thanks!

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.2 Update

• Fixed a bug that would accidentally set all of the Dynamax attributes of a Pokemon back to their base values after they've had their stats recalculated in certain scenarios. This would unintentionally do things such as flag a Pokemon as ineligible for Dynamax, removing G-Max Factor, or resetting their Dynamax Level. This should no longer happen unless the Pokemon shouldn't be allowed to Dynamax in the first place, such as with Zacian or Zamazenta.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Eften

Novice
Can I make the trainer both tera and dynamax? Only one pokemon can put "Ace" so I don't know how...

Lucidious89

Champion
Can I make the trainer both tera and dynamax? Only one pokemon can put "Ace" so I don't know how...
The tutorial covers this.

The only way this can be done is by flagging the Pokemon you want to Tera with NoDynamax = yes. This will make it unable to use Dynamax, and thus it will attempt to use whatever other mechanic is available instead if it can (in this case, Tera). Remember that by default, the last Pokemon in a trainer's party is always concidered its ace, and thus will always be eligible to use a mechanic that is reserved for aces, such as Tera/Dynamax. All the "ace" flag does is allows an earlier Pokemon to be concidered an ace, too. So you can have multiple Pokemon flagged as aces for multiple mechanics, as well as the final Pokemon in the lineup always being considered an ace regardless if its flagged or not.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.2.3 Update

• Removed a lot of redundant code and streamlined things with Essentials Deluxe.
  • Reworked some of the code related to Max Raid battles for more efficiency.
  • Tweaked some of the battle text related to Max Raid battles.
  • Pokemon found in Rank 6 Max Raids will now spawn with the "Mightiest Mark" if the Improved Mementos plugin is installed.
  • Made various improvements to the Max Raid Database and raid_ranks.txt for better compatibility with the Generation 9 Pack...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.2.4 Update

• Fixed a bug related to capturing Pokemon in the Safari Zone introduced in the last update.
  • Fixed an oversight that may have recorded Super Shiny G-Max forms in the Pokedex even if no sprites for these forms exist.
  • Fixed an oversight that would erroneously record Pokemon captured in a Dynamax Adventure in the Pokedex instead of waiting until selecting a Pokemon to keep at the end of the adventure to record only the selected Pokemon.

Jangajinx

Love the new update and changes! Question is it intentional to have the call battle option in a normal trainer battle? Also was not sure but did this update include the fix for shiny icons appearing when only capturing the the normal version of a Pokémon with the Gen 8 pack? Or was that for a different plugin with a planned update on its way? I hope things are going well for you IRL! 🙂

Back