• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Resource ZUD Plugin [v20.1] v1.2.5

Lucidious89

Champion
Love the new update and changes! Question is it intentional to have the call battle option in a normal trainer battle? Also was not sure but did this update include the fix for shiny icons appearing when only capturing the the normal version of a Pokémon with the Gen 8 pack? Or was that for a different plugin with a planned update on its way? I hope things are going well for you IRL! 🙂
I fixed the shiny thing a while ago, but I just realized that the fix was reverted at some point when uploading new versions, so I just released a stealth fix for this. The Call thing doesn't sound like it has anything to do with my plugins, though. That's a Shadow Pokemon thing.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
I fixed the shiny thing a while ago, but I just realized that the fix was reverted at some point when uploading new versions, so I just released a stealth fix for this. The Call thing doesn't sound like it has anything to do with my plugins, though. That's a Shadow Pokemon thing.
Just noticed it after the new update so that's why I asked. Should I redownload ZUD for the shiny fix?

Lucidious89

Champion

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Hello Luci...
any solution for fix this error?
thank you.
I'm using a latest vesion ZUD and Essentials deluxe
errorr.PNG

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion

LinKazamine

Champion
Maybe this error happens by moves.txt in my game or something...
Context means what you do for this error to happen. It appears by simply opening the game? It appears when opening the menu? By using a certain move on battle? If you don't say when the error pops up, they can't help.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Context means what you do for this error to happen. It appears by simply opening the game? It appears when opening the menu? By using a certain move on battle? If you don't say when the error pops up, they can't help.

This error happen after trigger a Dynamax button..

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
This error happen after trigger a Dynamax button..
Ok, but clearly it hasnt always done this, since I imagine youve been using this plugin for a while. So something is different now compared to before. There must be some specific circumstances that trigger this error. Does it happen with ANY Pokemon with ANY move in its moveset? Or does it only happen with specific factors? Does it happen with Z-Moves, too? Have you tested if recompiling fixes the issue? Starting a new game? Are you testing this during normal gameplay, or in debug mode? Did you install any new plugins or change any code before the error started occurring? Did you check your PBS files to ensure that you didn't accidentally overwrite your Max Moves from your moves.txt?

This is what I mean by "context". You're just posting an error with no information and asking me to fix it, and I have no idea if you've done even the most basic troubleshooting yet to rule out potential possibilities, or what state your game is in, or what potentially triggered the error, or where to even start looking. Help me so I can help you.

Just from the error log though, it seems to be pointing to one of your moves in the Pokemon's moveset being unable to be converted into a Max Move. The only reasons I can come up with for why this would happen are:

A) You somehow found a way to Dynamax a Pokemon that should be impossible to Dynamax, such as a Shadow Pokemon.
B) You have a move in the Pokemon's moveset that for some reason is impossible to convert into any compatible Max Move. For example, a custom type that you added that you didn't create a Max Move for.
C) You have a plugin or some custom script installed that is overwriting how your game loads save data, and thus isn't retaining any of your Max Move data. I know of at least one plugin where this might be the case.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2.5 Update

ATTENTION! Final Update!
With the release of Essentials v21, this will be the final update for the ZUD Plugin for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PorterOfGames

Rookie
While I understand this plugin will no longer be supported for v20.1 in the future, and another patch for it is unlikely, I would at least like to know if there's a way I can fix a bug I usually have whenever I install this plugin

I've made sure to always check my project after I install any new plugin, one at a time, to see if something goes wrong, and it seems like whenever I install ZUD, Pokemon forms that don't have anything defined in pokemon_metrics will suddenly start floating like this
1688177645904.png

And while I DID try to manually reposition the sprites to exactly what they were on their OG counterparts, it would consistently never save their positions unless they happen to be a number or two different than the original's, and cannot be used for any future forms of that Pokemon after the fact.

I know it's a long shot, but if there's any way I can fix this, I'd really appreciate it if I was pointed in the right direction.

Lucidious89

Champion
While I understand this plugin will no longer be supported for v20.1 in the future, and another patch for it is unlikely, I would at least like to know if there's a way I can fix a bug I usually have whenever I install this plugin

I've made sure to always check my project after I install any new plugin, one at a time, to see if something goes wrong, and it seems like whenever I install ZUD, Pokemon forms that don't have anything defined in pokemon_metrics will suddenly start floating like thisView attachment 18682

And while I DID try to manually reposition the sprites to exactly what they were on their OG counterparts, it would consistently never save their positions unless they happen to be a number or two different than the original's, and cannot be used for any future forms of that Pokemon after the fact.

I know it's a long shot, but if there's any way I can fix this, I'd really appreciate it if I was pointed in the right direction.
The floating sprites doesn't surprise me for species with undefined metrics. I'm pretty sure that's just supposed to happen, no?
As for the metrics not saving, that seems to be an issue with the sprite editor. ZUD overwrites how this tool works to allow for setting metrics for Dynamax sprites, so I suppose there's some oversight that doesn't bother to save metrics for forms in this specific scenario.

With that said, the metrics save just fine if you manually enter them in pokemon_metrics.txt instead of using the editor. So if you want to edit the metrics of an undefined form, just define the form first and duplicate the base species' metrics in that file before using the sprite positioner. Then it'll work fine. Slightly more clunky, but it works once the form's metrics is actually defined in the PBS data.

ClessioTV

Cooltrainer
Hello! I have a small question regarding generating a Pokémon using this method. I would like to add the G-Max factor, but I can't find the command to do it. Do you have a solution?

Exemple:

pkmn = Pokemon.new(:KUBFU, 25)
pkmn.shiny = false
pkmn.iv[:HP] = 31
pkmn.iv[:ATTACK] = 31
pkmn.iv[:DEFENSE] = 31
pkmn.iv[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 31
pkmn.iv[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 31
pkmn.iv[:SPEED] = 31
pkmn.cannot_store = true
pkmn.cannot_trade = true
pkmn.cannot_release = true
pbAddToParty(pkmn)

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello! I have a small question regarding generating a Pokémon using this method. I would like to add the G-Max factor, but I can't find the command to do it. Do you have a solution?

Exemple:

pkmn = Pokemon.new(:KUBFU, 25)
pkmn.shiny = false
pkmn.iv[:HP] = 31
pkmn.iv[:ATTACK] = 31
pkmn.iv[:DEFENSE] = 31
pkmn.iv[:SPECIAL_ATTACK] = 31
pkmn.iv[:SPECIAL_DEFENSE] = 31
pkmn.iv[:SPEED] = 31
pkmn.cannot_store = true
pkmn.cannot_trade = true
pkmn.cannot_release = true
pbAddToParty(pkmn)
pkmn.gmax_factor = true

You can look at the debug tool that allows you to toggle G-Max Factor on Pokemon as an example.

Revacholiere

Rookie
Hello, very new to PE so apologies if this question doesn't make sense. I know you're taking a break before updating to v21 and I'm not here to ask when it's done, but I would like to ask if the v21 versions will be back-compatible with the current ones - e.g., if I had a game with your plugins in v20.1, then updated the project + plugins to v21 whenever you were done updating, would everything still work fine? Or will the new versions be completely refactored and thus non compatible?

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, very new to PE so apologies if this question doesn't make sense. I know you're taking a break before updating to v21 and I'm not here to ask when it's done, but I would like to ask if the v21 versions will be back-compatible with the current ones - e.g., if I had a game with your plugins in v20.1, then updated the project + plugins to v21 whenever you were done updating, would everything still work fine? Or will the new versions be completely refactored and thus non compatible?
I have no idea. That's certainly not something I will be considering while I work on it. The v21 plugin will be made for v21. If everything carries over neatly from v20.1, it will be merely coincidence. I consider each plugin for each version of Essentials a new slate and its own plugin. For example, there is almost zero overlap between ZUD for v18, v19, or v20. They are all independent plugins that barely have any resemblance to each other on the back end, even if they have similar features on the surface. So if there are any similarities to the previous iteration in the v21 plugin, it will be purely coincidental.

Kayd128

Rookie
I get this error when I click the fight buton in a fight with charizard. Charizard is holding a charizardite and I am wearing mega ring, dynamax ring, and a z ring so mabye thats the problem?
error.PNG

Would you please find out what the problem is?

I do like the plugin, its awsome! you're a legend!!!

LinKazamine

Champion
Have you tried taking out the Elite Battle: DX script? The page for that plugin clearly says that it is not compatible with Pokémon Essentials v20.1, that you are using.

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Have you tried taking out the Elite Battle: DX script? The page for that plugin clearly says that it is not compatible with Pokémon Essentials v20.1, that you are using.

He is using my unofficial port for v20.1 (and not the original v19 one) which is clearly stated as not compatible with ZUD plugins anyway.

I get this error when I click the fight buton in a fight with charizard. Charizard is holding a charizardite and I am wearing mega ring, dynamax ring, and a z ring so mabye thats the problem?
View attachment 19447
Would you please find out what the problem is?

I do like the plugin, its awsome! you're a legend!!!

As stated, both are incompatible. ED extends the fight menu with 9 parameters while the base keeps just 2 (one mandatory). I would recommend to remove EBDX completely from your project if you plan to use ZUD plugin and Essentials Deluxe. Or wait for the v21 of both plugins to be developed officially, so you can use them together.

Last edited:
Back